PDA

View Full Version : South Airport will get a huge food-and-drink facelift for passengers

Canarian Weekly
13-12-2011, 15:30
FOOD and beverage company SSP, the leading concessionaire in travel locations, has landed a new 250-million-euro deal with Tenerife South Airport. It is a 10-year extension of the company’s present contract, involving 12 sites, and will involve a huge redevelopment programme, Involving redesign and relocation of existing positions. There will be themes and concepts to [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/south-airport-huge-food-and-drink-facelift-passengers/)

beerfan
13-12-2011, 17:43
Frankly, the food and drink prices in Tenerife South are utterly outrageous. £2.76 for a 500ml bottle of Coke from a vending machine?!

Ecky Thump
13-12-2011, 18:01
I hope they dont lose the "Bill Bentley" bar, a nice place to relax with a drink and a snack while waiting for your flight.:nono:

Like most airports throughout the world prices are high.:(

beerfan
13-12-2011, 18:03
Like most airports throughout the world prices are high.:(

I know prices are high at airports generally but TFS prices are ridiculous, especially when you see the prices charged to the staff!

Ecky Thump
13-12-2011, 18:09
I know prices are high at airports generally but TFS prices are ridiculous, especially when you see the prices charged to the staff!

If you want ridiculous prices, try Tan Son Nhat, a glass of water there cost me £4!!:crying2:

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 18:12
If you go to a food outlet the little bottles of wine are 4 e, go instead to the proper duty free shop, just along from them and its 2 euro and a few cents.

beerfan
13-12-2011, 18:15
If you go to a food outlet the little bottles of wine are 4 e, go instead to the proper duty free shop, just along from them and its 2 euro and a few cents.

Or just do what I did when I was in Tallinn Airport - by a six-pack of chilled lager and take them into the smoking lounge. Worked out about a third of the price IIRC.

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 18:45
Or just do what I did when I was in Tallinn Airport - by a six-pack of chilled lager and take them into the smoking lounge. Worked out about a third of the price IIRC.
where is the smoking lounge??? pray tell

oh right just noticed the Tallinn part, buggar!!!!

Suzanne
13-12-2011, 18:51
Does the south airport have a smoking area? manchester has now opened one.

Ecky Thump
13-12-2011, 19:02
Does the south airport have a smoking area? manchester has now opened one.

The only smoking that I have seen is when the airplane tyres hit the runway.:laugh:

beerfan
13-12-2011, 19:43
oh right just noticed the Tallinn part, buggar!!!!

I thought it was hilarious - and very sensible - when I saw this in Tallinn Airport:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5228/5867114279_c21e0e50c8_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lancashire/5867114279/)

The thinkofthechiiiiildrens brigade would have had a field day with this. I doubt this sort of display will last though.

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 19:47
A mars bar and a fag, all you need for a stress free flightx

Ecky Thump
13-12-2011, 19:57

Not quite if you want to join the "Mile high club"

No Condoms on the shelf.:crylaughing:

warbey
13-12-2011, 20:01
FOOD and beverage company SSP, the leading concessionaire in travel locations, has landed a new 250-million-euro deal with Tenerife South Airport. It is a 10-year extension of the company’s present contract, involving 12 sites, and will involve a huge redevelopment programme, Involving redesign and relocation of existing positions. There will be themes and concepts to [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/south-airport-huge-food-and-drink-facelift-passengers/)###

10 year extension at 250 million = 25 mill a Year.

No wonder prices are sky high...
Anyone know Who's Pocket this lot goes into, or am I missing something..?

and an empty row behind..:devil::devil:

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 20:35
Not quite if you want to join the "Mile high club"

No Condoms on the shelf.:crylaughing:
I'm looking for stress free, not BLOODY MIRACLE XXX

Dan747
16-12-2011, 01:07
Frankly, the food and drink prices in Tenerife South are utterly outrageous. £2.76 for a 500ml bottle of Coke from a vending machine?!

£2.76 for a soft drink, yet it cost me just 50p more for a pint of Fosters at the bar in T1 at Manchester!

TFS is a ridiculously expensive airport, but it seems most of the Canary Island Airports are, I was in FUE last month and the food and drink prices were a complete joke, roughly £7 for a slice of pizza and a coke! Sufficed to say I went without and got something on the plane as even that was cheaper at £5 for a butty, pack of crisps and a drink!

I find I spend very little at airports when going back to the UK, just want to get on the plane and get it over with, whereas I end up spending at UK airports every time getting something to eat and having a drink or two!

bonitatime
16-12-2011, 10:03
We looked last year at the rents for the shops in the airports in Tenerife and I umderstand the prices perfectly.

beerfan
16-12-2011, 15:22
£2.76 for a soft drink, yet it cost me just 50p more for a pint of Fosters at the bar in T1 at Manchester!

Indeed - even a pint of real ale in The Argosy (J D Wetherspoon) at Liverpool Airport is only 20p more than the soft drink from the TFS airport.

The staff in the airport offices get the same bottle of Coke that is £2.80 at the rest of the airport for just 78p in the office areas.

I find I spend very little at airports when going back to the UK, just want to get on the plane and get it over with, whereas I end up spending at UK airports every time getting something to eat and having a drink or two!

That's the thing - perhaps get a paper, some sweets, a pint of milk, perhaps a Coke afterwards. Expensive yes but paying £1.50 at Manchester is better than paying £2.80 in Tenerife!