PDA

View Full Version : Retail Sevices Iceland is opening in Las Americas on the 14th December 2011!

caroletenerife
07-12-2011, 21:53
The sign is up at the Las Americas Iceland and supposedly open 11am the 14th of December..god can you imagine the queues x

irishmusico
10-12-2011, 17:01
The sign is up at the Las Americas Iceland and supposedly open 11am the 14th of December..god can you imagine the queues xI am already camped outside. :)

henry
10-12-2011, 19:51
I am already camped outside. :) same here!!! i got smores!! chocalate mashmallows and grahams crackers yummy!!!

henry
13-12-2011, 19:04
well gang!! tomorrow the big day iceland finally open it doors in las americas tomorrow morning at 11am. iīm going there tomorrow who else going to be there?

churnlobster
13-12-2011, 19:10
Where in LA is it?

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 19:16
No chance, it will be mayhem. Its just along from Veronikas and leonardos, under the perfume shop. Live Arico will be packing bags in aid of the refuge during Christmas week at Las Chafiris. If anyone would like to help us for a few hours (its good fun...honest.) please PM Suzy Q or myself xxx

churnlobster
13-12-2011, 19:27
Really bad parking issues then, not as easy to shop as Chaffiras

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 19:32
There is parking outside vivo and i think there is parking across the road,

tonypub
13-12-2011, 19:46
well gang!! tomorrow the big day iceland finally open it doors in las americas tomorrow morning at 11am. iīm going there tomorrow who else going to be there?sorry i cant make it henry but you have a great day n i hope they got some mountain dew in for you.

Sharonk
13-12-2011, 21:44
We arrive on Sunday and a two minute walk to Iceland so will definately be trying it out.

Stoney
14-12-2011, 18:47
We have just been to the new Iceland shop, had about the same number of customers as Chafiras on thats on its grand opening day, would have thought it would have been really busy, maybe after the number of times we heard it was going to open nobody believed it. Walked down to Safari Centre not many down there either.

caroletenerife
14-12-2011, 19:18
I have avoided it today and I know a lot of other people have too, thinking it would be really busy, its only a shop and will be there tomorrow.

henry
14-12-2011, 23:17
I have avoided it today and I know a lot of other people have too, thinking it would be really busy, its only a shop and will be there tomorrow. i was there with my dad this morning. and it had like bout 25-28 people waiting inline for the opening me and my dad was like 15 person there. there new store have more varitary then las chafias i just walking around great to see a few friends of my when i was working in las chafias back in 2001. i just got a coke and a packet of walkers prawn cocktail chips .... didnīt seen any mountain dew i sure in the near future. but check it out. even they have a little cafa and bake their own bread. when i was there.

henry
15-12-2011, 19:41
has anybody got a copy of islands connections today?? iīm in the paper which is fist pumping outstanding
when you pick up a copy go to the opening page on left hand side you see me in my retro video game shirt with my dad. just canīt miss it. now all of canary islands can see my broski face....

sunspot
15-12-2011, 19:47
I will pick mine up tomorrow Henry, cant wait to see what our Henry looks like

beerfan
15-12-2011, 19:50
I will pick mine up tomorrow Henry, cant wait to see what our Henry looks like

No need:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/145/g22643.png

Added after 4 minutes:

Looking at it, this "Iceland" is similar to the UK stores and uses much of their advertising and branding. Interesting.

henry
15-12-2011, 20:17
iīm in my retro video game shirt

tonypub
15-12-2011, 21:20
i was there with my dad this morning. and it had like bout 25-28 people waiting inline for the opening me and my dad was like 15 person there. there new store have more varitary then las chafias i just walking around great to see a few friends of my when i was working in las chafias back in 2001. i just got a coke and a packet of walkers prawn cocktail chips .... didnīt seen any mountain dew i sure in the near future. but check it out. even they have a little cafa and bake their own bread. when i was there.who says theres a reccession?spend spend spend:whistle:

Added after 11 minutes:

who says theres a reccession?spend spend spend:whistle:id also like to wish oveseas/iceland good luck with the new store,takes a brave soul to open up a business these day.

BrianHitchen
16-12-2011, 10:48
Could anyone tell me if the new las Americs Iceland opened on the 14th Dec

Vortex Wake
16-12-2011, 11:11
Yes it did . See here http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11994-Iceland-is-opening-in-Las-Americas-on-the-14th-December-2011!

seanocelt
16-12-2011, 11:20
was in yesterday........big and full of goodies.

Happy Days
16-12-2011, 17:39
Does anyone know if they will be open on Sunday?

henry
16-12-2011, 18:28
Does anyone know if they will be open on Sunday? yes from 9am-9pm

this sunday

caroletenerife
16-12-2011, 19:34
have you got them on Speeddial Henry, the should employ you as their Pr man x

beerfan
16-12-2011, 20:13
have you got them on Speeddial Henry, the should employ you as their Pr man x

I'm amazed that people are that lazy that they don't want to spend a couple of seconds on the Overseas.es (http://overseas.es/) website instead of asking here. Sheesh. :duh:

Ecky Thump
16-12-2011, 20:49
I'm amazed that people are that lazy that they don't want to spend a couple of seconds on the Overseas.es (http://overseas.es/) website instead of asking here. Sheesh. :duh:

Just maybe that people like communicating with each other...The forum is a friendly website where we are free to be lazy and waste time.:)

caroletenerife
16-12-2011, 20:51
because Henry's insights into the high flying world of 'Iceland' and other major retailers are far more entertaining x

beerfan
16-12-2011, 21:00
Just maybe that people like communicating with each other...The forum is a friendly website where we are free to be lazy and waste time.:)

I thought it was netiquette to ask Google first and only if Google isn't telling you what you want to know that you then ask others, else you're basically asking others to do your work for you. Just sayin'. ;)

've just spotted something on the Overseas.es website: the stretched "Iceland" logo outside the shop is absolutely horrid to look at. The photos taken inside the store itself look nice enough but that sign is a mess.

caroletenerife
16-12-2011, 21:07
I thought it was netiquette to ask Google first and only if Google isn't telling you what you want to know that you then ask others, else you're basically asking others to do your work for you. Just sayin'. ;)

've just spotted something on the Overseas.es website: the stretched "Iceland" logo outside the shop is absolutely horrid to look at. The photos taken inside the store itself look nice enough but that sign is a mess.
Because Google is no match for henry xxx

Ecky Thump
16-12-2011, 21:20

Netiquette can also kill the art of conversation, if we rely on Google for all our answers it would nearly kill off the forum which gives many people hours of great pleasure. Some of the fun can be realised from the way that it is given, not just plain facts, but the humour that people like Henry give in his information is worth a thousand words from Google.:)

seanocelt
16-12-2011, 22:06

Here's another sign for ye;

Mi S e RA b l E G I T.

Sorry about the P R e s E n t Tatio N.

beerfan
16-12-2011, 22:22
Mi S e RA b l E G I T.

Life is full of us.

Suej
20-12-2011, 15:26
Anyone been to the new Iceland today? Is it packed out? want to pop down there but not if itīs too busy!

Tinkabel
20-12-2011, 20:27
Anyone been to the new Iceland today? Is it packed out? want to pop down there but not if itīs too busy!

Much quieter than Las Chafiras but parking can be difficult.

Suej
20-12-2011, 20:47
Much quieter than Las Chafiras but parking can be difficult.

Hi Tinkabel! we went anyway and got parked easily enough! I was quite impressed! a bit like a maze though, not straight up and down! not difficult to confuse me! :)

MrsTT
21-12-2011, 00:17
We went to the store on Sunday afternoon. Very impressed. Not too many people and lots of lovely space to shop in! Bit of a steep slope to get out - could do with a lift and the music a little lower - wasn't exactly background music.

shirlthewurl
21-12-2011, 00:29
I went to the new Iceland today in Las Americas, very large store a
lot more choose than Los Cris and a fresh meat counter.
parking difficult though

henry
21-12-2011, 20:37
i went to the new iceland store today after watching my free movie from mcdoanlds monopoly. i went to see alvin and the chipmusks 3. it was really good. i stop at iceland in las americas to pick up some eggs and a kit kat and a coke (something to munch on while waiting for the bus) some women behind me with a recipect and the bonus card. asking the cashier to put the (points) from last week because she forgot to show it before hand. the cashier and a other cashier and me telling her it not a points card it for a drawing for 50 euros shopping spree. but she keep saying no, it a points card at the end of the month i get discounts on my next shopping. by this time i give up and just left. i know iceland told me and everyone who sign up for the bonus card is for a drawing and later in the new year discounts on some items. not points...

Ecky Thump
21-12-2011, 21:50
i went to the new iceland store today after watching my free movie from mcdoanlds monopoly. i went to see alvin and the chipmusks 3. it was really good. i stop at iceland in las americas to pick up some eggs and a kit kat and a coke (something to munch on while waiting for the bus) some women behind me with a recipect and the bonus card. asking the cashier to put the (points) from last week because she forgot to show it before hand. the cashier and a other cashier and me telling her it not a points card it for a drawing for 50 euros shopping spree. but she keep saying no, it a points card at the end of the month i get discounts on my next shopping. by this time i give up and just left. i know iceland told me and everyone who sign up for the bonus card is for a drawing and later in the new year discounts on some items. not points...

Henry, your post says it all and I don't think anyone could add any more to it.:respect:

Cairo
21-12-2011, 22:01
Nice store, it's like a 'real' supermarket:)

There are 2 entrances and sets of tills so be careful if, like I did, you arrange to meet someone 'outside'.