PDA

View Full Version : CD Tenerife v Sporting Gijon ll 21/22 January 2012

carto
14-12-2011, 13:31
HI
I would like to go to the tenerife v sporting gijon match 21st or 22 nd january 2012,
also i would like to go on your coach from playa de las americas to the match,
could anybody give me any info how I can arrange this and what the costs are (bus - match ticket),
I am staying in los cristianos so could you also tell me the nearest pickup point if there is any availability.

Heffalumpy
14-12-2011, 13:53
You need to contact Fred Perry for ticket and bus prices on this forum.

I know the bus Pick up is from the Royal Oak 2...

carto
17-12-2011, 12:56
thanks for the info
cheers carto

SpursBen
16-01-2012, 16:01
Hello. Just waiting to hear back from Fred about details. Going myself to Tenerife this week and hoping to catch a game this Sunday.

bonitatime
16-01-2012, 16:36
Behind the goal tickets are 10€ rising to 18€ the other end and on the sides they are 20€ and 30€

SpursBen
16-01-2012, 18:46
Oh cheers Pal. Is that pay on the night? Was hoping to catch the coach from Los Chris/Playa

Have you been before. Do the Brits sit together ??

Sorry for all the questions

bonitatime
17-01-2012, 17:58
http://clubdeportivotenerife.es/pagina.asp?idp=10398&ids=6

Tickets for all home games are now available in the Soy del Tete shops in aņabe Plaza, Playa Faņabe and Santa Cruz. From tomorrow Wednesday there will be tickets for the Sporting B game on Sunday the 22nd of January at 12.00

FinnKris
22-01-2012, 13:49
0-2 Half Time score between CDT and Sporting B.

Absolute disaster in the making, there is no way we can afford to lose at home against teams like this (middle to bottom) given the poor away form. With Rayo B winning courtesy of a late goal CDT are currently outside the playoff spot & with Albacete to play rock bottom Montaneros later we might drop to sixth after this weekend...

Added after 1 8 minutes:

2-3 Final Score CDT vs Sporting B

Added after 6 minutes:

CDT did well to get back on level terms with an early goal second half by new boy Aridane followed by a penalty scored by Perona. But but Sporting taking the win by scoring fairly late on.

Extremely disappointing result & (potentially) a big blow for our promotion push. The form is very poor, just one win in the last 7 games tells it's own story.

And surely now the coach Calderon is under pressure, interested to see if he will be kicked out or if the club decides to stick with him. At this point I'm starting to worry about whether or not we will even make the playoffs with him in charge. Time for a change?

redarrow
22-01-2012, 17:27
Calderon has been dismissed. The starting eleven choice was ridiculous. Kiko raton dropped for Aridane (who was not very good despite the goal). No starting place for Perona, and Abel chosen in preference to Zazo. A disaster waiting to happen, and it did. The second half replacements saw Chechu dropping to right back and Abel and Medina being replaced by Raton & Nico. It seemed to pay off as we managed to get back to 2-2, but we were expected to go for the win, and it cost us the points.

MOM - Raul Llorente. This player really does look like Segunda A material. Chechu seemed more comfortable in the right back position and it gave us an extra option. Victor Bravo, not good at all. Kiko Raton as ever the fighter.

My apologies to everybody who normally receives the programme by email. Printing problems didn't give me the time to get it done. I will get it published though, in the week.

FinnKris
22-01-2012, 17:55
Calderon has been dismissed.

Not surprising at all really, just not good enough given the resources. Always a bit risky & no guarantee of anything better in the long run, but the correct decision I feel as especially away we haven't looked like scoring (from open play) let alone winning games. A fairly easy situation for the new coach to come into, no risk of relegation & basically nothing to lose and everything to win as we were going nowhere fast under Calderon.

Hopefully the club can find a great replacement, surely they have been looking around for a while now.

henry
22-01-2012, 19:16
Not surprising at all really, just not good enough given the resources. Always a bit risky & no guarantee of anything better in the long run, but the correct decision I feel as especially away we haven't looked like scoring (from open play) let alone winning games. A fairly easy situation for the new coach to come into, no risk of relegation & basically nothing to lose and everything to win as we were going nowhere fast under Calderon.

Hopefully the club can find a great replacement, surely they have been looking around for a while now.

yyyeeesssss!!! there is a god!!!! calderon is gone!!! thank god!!! i been praying for this day!!! dreams do come true!!!

who knows since iīm a great coach on the fanasty football for my ice bats who knows maybe i coach c.d.tenerife!!!!

Fred Perry
22-01-2012, 19:30
On the day Red Arrow is correct regards team selection being the main reason that Calderon has been sacked. Although; how many chances did we have in the first 20 minutes? At least 4 clear cut chances, it is not Calderonīs fault that we missed them.
Sporting had 3 shots on our goal and scored 2 in the first half (the second a fantastic free-kick).

We created more chances today than in many games put together (I think I saw 20 shots on goal on the scoreboard). We pulled it back to 2-2 and went all out for a win (which you would expect at home ofcourse) but today the gamble did not pay off. We could have nicked a 3-2 but Sporting broke and scored, it could easily have been the other way around and then Calderon would have been called a genious for good substitutions. Itīs a thin line.

The new manager will be announced tomorrow.

henry
22-01-2012, 19:44
On the day Red Arrow is correct regards team selection being the main reason that Calderon has been sacked. Although; how many chances did we have in the first 20 minutes? At least 4 clear cut chances, it is not Calderonīs fault that we missed them.
Sporting had 3 shots on our goal and scored 2 in the first half (the second a fantastic free-kick).

We created more chances today than in many games put together (I think I saw 20 shots on goal on the scoreboard). We pulled it back to 2-2 and went all out for a win (which you would expect at home ofcourse) but today the gamble did not pay off. We could have nicked a 3-2 but Sporting broke and scored, it could easily have been the other way around and then Calderon would have been called a genious for good substitutions. Itīs a thin line.

The new manager will be announced tomorrow. that will be me perry lol :raspberry2:

Added after 5 minutes:

after checking www.marca.es i see now tenerife has drop down to 6 place now. i sure hope the new coach bring us back up again!!!

duracell290
22-01-2012, 20:27
Ok I'm a newbie to the CDT fan club but in 3 months I've seen thing that as a supported I find strange. Bear with me please and then let me know what you think, BTW we all have opinions.

Defensively we started the season ok, hard to beat not many teams scored multiple goals against us and Aragoneses (our keeper) kept us in many a game by his outstanding ability. We drew a lot of games, could easily have won them with a more attacking display but we decided to contain the opposition and not seek to win these games, managers decision I presume, I'd rather push on an get the victory myself.

Midfield has been changed and altered too much, the basics of football are win the midfield,win the match. But we have chopped and changed our midfield for every match this season. Kitoko, Zazo, Medina played well in midfield, helped the back line out when needed, but recently Kitoko has been used as a CB, Medina as a RB and Zazo as a BW, ( bench warmer). A decent midfield scattered, WHY.

Up front, why cant our wingers stay wide and take full back's on, on the outside beat the full back and cross a decent ball. Just because Barca and RM dont do it why dont we. I personnaly dont mind Kiko Raton or the new lad Aridane but I'd like to see Perona much closer to either of them, he can finish and will if he gets the right service from either big lad.

Unfortunately Victor Bravo, Chechu, Ferran Tacon dont do it for me, along with Nico or Marcos. None of them will ever be Xavi, Inesta or Messi, other than their height comparison. Wingers need to stay wide, stretch the opposition, yet ours always go inside to an already congested midfield, and why because Caulderon has told them to do so, because he, to me, couldn't close the game. Earlier this year Jonay was our captain, defence was ok yet he was replaced so leadership is a problem but that is another of Calderons problems, Too Me there must have been an alternative motive to that.

Anyway that's my tuppence. Hopefully the new manage will sort everything out and we can get on a run back into the play off's, I think winning the group might be a step beyond us.

I know a big ball game is not too our liking but when down the leagues is a route out. Hate this pussy footing around midfield myself

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Fred Perry
22-01-2012, 22:24
A good assesment Duracell290, do you wanna be manager?

I have never pretended to be a football expert(I prefer do jump up and down behind the goal with my flag) but obviously a settled midfield is key to success. Tinkering about is something that famously let Ranieri down.

January is not the time to still not really know your strongest team.

With two big lumps up front in the 2nd half it was paramount that we got to the byeline and whipped some decent crosses in. Perhaps one to flick on near post and the other to work off that. The play was too cluttered around the box, we are not Barca so threading the ball through the eye of a needle is a no no. As Duracell says stretch the game and make full use of the pitch.

Plus points were the home debut of energetic left back Raul Llorente, man of the match for me and the return of Pablo Sicilia, still a touch "ring rusty" after a 7 month lay off. We still have new signing Luisimi Loro to play as an attacking midfielder.

Regards the league; At least most teams are dropping points now and they do not look as solid as they did a while back either.

duracell290
22-01-2012, 22:41
I know what your saying Fred but at the level we are at, we need to start mixing it up, sorry peop's but I'd rather win ugly and go up than play pretty Spanish style and loose. Compare these leagues back to the UK, Div 1 & 2 teams play hard direct football, not pretty but exciting and IF they get out of that div change slightly to the div they are in. Thats where we need to start. JMO

Added after 22 minutes:

Sorry Fred I'm not as Au Fait with Spanish players as you, so do you think Luisimi Loro and Abel could be the answer to our midfield problems. To me Abel was a lightweight today, nothing creative about what he did but maybe he could do, with the right man beside him. I just want to see us winning midfield spreading the ball wide stretching opposition defenders and leaving room for our big lads up front & Perona and co to finish. Newbie here but TM Perona is our best finisher so far this season.

bonitatime
23-01-2012, 10:28
Abel's playing struck me as almost political. There has been so much talk in the press about him that I think Calderon had to let him play.http://img.tapatalk.com/501b64f9-280b-8f59.jpg
Is that Fred Perry I see in today's La Opinion

Chechu looked the best I have seen him and much more like the player we were expecting. Raul is a smashing Player. Luismi is some what unknown but if he performs at the top of his ability he could be good.
General consensus seems to be the new coach is Josč Andres Garcia Tebar who most recently trained Mellia in North Africa. There is a long interview with him online where he talks about what he expects from players which sounds good but it hasn't yet been confirmed he will take the job.

redarrow
23-01-2012, 11:58
Regarding the reason for the sacking, you only have to look at the last quarter to see why. Only one win since November, and 8 points out of a possible 21 in the last seven games. It has really been boring to watch all season. The only real performance being the home win over Rayo B.

Yesterday's second half was actually the most exciting football I've seen from them all year. Chechu dropping to right back, actually made him look better player, but his final delivery is appalling. I noticed in AS this morning that they had given Aridane's performance two stars (the same as Llorente), are they blind? He is sadly reminding me of Igor last year.

I do think the players we have with the right manager, are good enough to get us promoted. Calderon has been complaining that he had an incomplete squad to work with, but I'm not buying that. Other managers in this division have to work with a lot less.