PDA

View Full Version : Charity Fundraiser Live Arico Bag Packing Again in Iceland.

SuzyQ
15-12-2011, 03:13
Those lovely people in Iceland LAs Chafiras have invited us back for the second year to pack bags at the checkout. We made over €3000 in 5 days last year, this year we have 2 extra days as we start this friday. Can anyone help us? Its either 10 - 1 or 1 - 4 every day from this Friday. Plese let me know, but only if you definately can do it, we cant let the store down. It was a great laugh last year, people were so generous and lovely. Ill wait to hear fron you x

caroletenerife
15-12-2011, 10:16
I will be there, I will speak to volunteers and customers this morning and let you know, come on peeps a little selfless act will do your Christmas spirit the world of good (and you can do your shopping when your finished, you could be first in the queue for those elusive sprouts) xx

SuzyQ
16-12-2011, 01:11
More or less sorted for tomorrow, but one more in the afternoon (1 till 4) would be good. You would be working with our caroletenerife. Im doing the morning stint. It really is a good laugh, come on, join in. xx

caroletenerife
16-12-2011, 01:19
More or less sorted for tomorrow, but one more in the afternoon (1 till 4) would be good. You would be working with our caroletenerife. Im doing the morning stint. It really is a good laugh, come on, join in. xx
Dont tell people i will be there it will put them right off:duh:. have got the papers photocopied that you you need, remind me x

slodgedad
16-12-2011, 01:19
What shifts have you still got available. I have a few hours spare from Saturday on.

SuzyQ
16-12-2011, 02:00
yay!!! Slodge, you did us proud last year. Saturday at 1? How does that sound? Im more organised this year, custom made teeshirts (thank you tee candy) and santa hats!!!

SuzyQ
16-12-2011, 20:00
You coming tomorrow slodge? Its been good today, people are so nice. We made €247 in the first three hours, then I came home, so will pick up the rest tomorrow. Im sorted till Wednesday now, but if anyone can help from then on would be fantastic xx

YOUNG GOLFER
16-12-2011, 20:40
Great work you guys you all looked really busy...good luck.

slodgedad
16-12-2011, 20:47
yay!!! Slodge, you did us proud last year. Saturday at 1? How does that sound? Im more organised this year, custom made teeshirts (thank you tee candy) and santa hats!!!

Working till 1 leaflet dropping on the Golf.. Can be there at 1.15. Sorry for delay in answering.

caroletenerife
16-12-2011, 21:03
I will save you a santa hat x

slodgedad
16-12-2011, 21:08
I will save you a santa hat x

See you there. Be between 1.10 and 1.25 depending on traffic......Woof woof....

SuzyQ
17-12-2011, 00:12
BrillianT!!! See you then x

slodgedad
17-12-2011, 22:08
BrillianT!!! See you then x

Enjoyed this afternoon. People seem a lot friendlier and nicer than last year.

Great to meet Caroltenerife at last...Nothing like I imagined...:devil:

caroletenerife
17-12-2011, 22:16
Well thats me paranoid now x

SuzyQ
18-12-2011, 02:02
Yeah, the first thing is shes not called carole, lol. :D

Thanks for today you two, I love the bag packing thing, strange as that may seem. Its not about the money (although its unusual raise that kind of dosh in the space of few days) its how nice people are, how supportive of LA, and how much they love dogs. Its great.

caroletenerife
18-12-2011, 02:17
People were really nice today, lots of them said they had LA dogs, followed by me saying' do you want another one ' haha Eugenio sent his sister, shes really nice. Remind me what i am down for next weeki (i know im doing wed AM) between the shop, Iceland and the pub, i'm loosing my mind and my memory!!!!!!! xx

SuzyQ
18-12-2011, 12:10
I know the feeling, lol. Ok, tomorrow afternoon you said, and Wednesday morning. Is that still ok?
Are you up for more slodge?
We need now:-
2 for Tuesday morning
1 for Tuesday afternoon
1 for Wednesday afternoon
2 for Thursday afternoon
2 for Friday morning
3 for Friday afternoon
..... And then we're there. Last year Xmas eve was not so busy, me and a friend just did a couple of hours, but made a couple of hundred IIRC. Thanks again xx

caroletenerife
18-12-2011, 13:11
Ok, thats fine, cheers, Eugenios sister might do it again, call her xxx see you tomorrow PM xxxx we were busy yesterday afternoon so we stayed till 5pm x

SuzyQ
21-12-2011, 03:16
Hi again,

we´re doing amazingly well again this year. people are fantastic, its so lovely. I could do with one more tomorrow (Weds) afternoon if anyone can??? Thank youuuuuuuuu.

I will post totals asap. need time to count it all. xx

slodgedad
21-12-2011, 03:26
Hi again,

we´re doing amazingly well again this year. people are fantastic, its so lovely. I could do with one more tomorrow (Weds) afternoon if anyone can??? Thank youuuuuuuuu.

I will post totals asap. need time to count it all. xx

Count me in. Can do Wednesday but am tied up the rest of the week with medical matters.:sorry:

SuzyQ
21-12-2011, 03:52
Brilliant!!! Youre a star Mr Slodge!!!! xxx

Ian_N
23-12-2011, 01:13
Must say credit to you guys doing the hours, I love to put into the dogs whatever charity and remember the kids!
I cant do any hours hands on but put it this way paid 5e an hour to do my shopping at the bucket end lol x.
Worthy charity good luck to filling bellies this xmas !

SuzyQ
23-12-2011, 03:02
Thats lovely Ian, thank you x
Coming to the end of it now. Sorry I cant post the amount made yet, I simply havent had a minute to count it. The first day and a half made €640, but since then its been added to a bucket in my house. Its now full of notes and coins, really full, you couldnt lift it. Ill make a start on it tomorrow night when Im not working. Two sizable donations in the bank this week, one from EZE Group (thank you) have meant we can pay a few debts off, and its nice to share a little wealth beofre Xmas. The Iceland money will put us a little way ahead, but Im not stupid, it wont last....
Thanks to everyone who has helped us this week, again, its been fantastic xx

Ian_N
23-12-2011, 03:18
Might ease the thing now not having the quarentine laws now! My mum wants a dog but always liked Tenerife dogs whatever kind. No disrespect never liked bull breeds but she wants a toy type cos in a small house and new laws i will send her one from here.
Knowing me it will be huge ! lol xxx

slodgedad
23-12-2011, 22:44
I' gobsmacked at how nice people have been this year.

Only done a couple of stints this time but the friendliness and understanding was fab.

My involvement is miniscule and I do so admire the 'hands on' workers.

Eugenio and his family are a joy to meet.

The only thing I can think of to say is 'Woof Woof, Ta'. I think I translated that OK. (Little dog with poorly feet said it to me yesterday)

caroletenerife
23-12-2011, 23:59
Thats lovely Ian, thank you x
Coming to the end of it now. Sorry I cant post the amount made yet, I simply havent had a minute to count it. The first day and a half made €640, but since then its been added to a bucket in my house. Its now full of notes and coins, really full, you couldnt lift it. Ill make a start on it tomorrow night when Im not working. Two sizable donations in the bank this week, one from EZE Group (thank you) have meant we can pay a few debts off, and its nice to share a little wealth beofre Xmas. The Iceland money will put us a little way ahead, but Im not stupid, it wont last....
Thanks to everyone who has helped us this week, again, its been fantastic xx
I really enjoyed my stints in Iceland and like Slodge said, people have been wonderful. It has been a really hard year, but with support from Iceland, the wonderful donations recently and now the positive news of little Dennis, the year is ending on a high Sue, enjoy Christmas xxxx

SuzyQ
24-12-2011, 02:10
Yes, we must be doing something right, thank God.
I've counted up to €1900 tonight but got fed up, lol. Still got loads to get through. Going in tomorrow for a couple of hours, three of us, to see if we can squeeze another couple of hundred. Managed to pay some money to our long suffering creditors, Hospivet Sur and La granja. merry Xmas all. Xx

livearico
25-12-2011, 00:24
Thanks to all. thanks to support us job... Merry Christmas All of you

SuzyQ
05-01-2012, 01:34
Thanks to forum member Primrose the last of the money is counted. Final total €3121. A million thanks to all our hard working bag packers, and of course the generous public who continued to throw monwy in our buckets despite these hard times. Love you all xxx