PDA

View Full Version : I am only trying to help the cats.

Cat Woman
08-06-2011, 20:24
For over 3 years Ive been helping the street cats, using my own money to pay for everything. Now Im a registered charity I am able to help even more cats.
Why am I getting looked upon differently now?
Please have a look at my other post requesting Atlanticos number.
I met Regina 3 months ago and I have always tried to help her as much as I could buying food with my own money. Now we are able to raise money through the charity, Regina knows we will help her more.
Wendi took the food up as I was busy catching cats. Wendi & Regina discussed Cats Welfare paying for another cat pen, which costs about 1,000 euros. As soon as we have raised enough money I will donate it to Regina for another pen.
I am only trying to help the cats in Tenerife.
Everything I do is for the cats.
Sharon.

Suej
08-06-2011, 20:34
For over 3 years Ive been helping the street cats, using my own money to pay for everything. Now Im a registered charity I am able to help even more cats.
I met Regina 3 months ago and I have always tried to help her as much as I could buying food with my own money. Now we are able to raise money through the charity, Regina knows we will help her more.
Wendi took the food up as I was busy catching cats. Wendi & Regina discussed Cats Welfare paying for another cat pen, which costs about 1,000 euros. As soon as we have raised enough money I will donate it to Regina for another pen.
Sharon.

Anyone that thinks any different Sharon you will need to ignore!:angel:

Happy Days
08-06-2011, 20:41
Cats are lovely. But street cats? Think thats where alot of people's compassion will start to waine. They need help, they deserve a home, but... do they have to be so loud when they are horney???

starling
08-06-2011, 20:52
Cats are lovely. But street cats? Think thats where alot of people's compassion will start to waine. They need help, they deserve a home, but... do they have to be so loud when they are horney

.....Have you heard yourself when you're .................???

YOUNG GOLFER
08-06-2011, 21:30
Well think we can all agree with the carry ons with street cats noise antics ect but thats were Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) comes in as it's the only proven humane and effective method to manage feral cat colonies.

I help with Santa Maria one really wet afternoon and until we arrive the problem was bad......but go there now very few cats..... some became tame and went to homes a couple still there but they are no trouble at all.

Tenerife is very lucky as Vets from other countries do come over and help sort out loads of them,but let's please bear in mind it's people that have caused the problem with all these cats and dogs in the streets and it's these people that need learn about taking on pets.

Here it seems everyone has to have a cat or dog but yet when the going gets tough...its the pet that has to go.

I see people that have pets here in Tenerife and some of them don't know how to look after themselves let alone a pet.

starling
08-06-2011, 21:43
Well think we can all agree with the carry ons with street cats noise antics ect but thats were Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) comes in as it's the only proven humane and effective method to manage feral cat colonies.

I help with Santa Maria one really wet afternoon and until we arrive the problem was bad......but go there now very few cats..... some became tame and went to homes a couple still there but they are no trouble at all.

Tenerife is very lucky as Vets from other countries do come over and help sort out loads of them,but let's please bear in mind it's people that have caused the problem with all these cats and dogs in the streets and it's these people that need learn about taking on pets.

Here it seems everyone has to have a cat or dog but yet when the going gets tough...its the pet that has to go.

I see people that have pets here in Tenerife and some of them don't know how to look after themselves let alone a pet.

.....Happens everywhere YG...... Tenerife & UK no exception - in fact better than most! Although you wouldn't think so unless you've travelled far afield.

atlantico
08-06-2011, 22:31
Sharon, I don't think you are being looked upon differently, I think that people are just trying to raise awareness, in their own ways. Sometimes, being a bit controversial in what they say brings attention to the plight. Everyone knows that what you do is only for the good of the cats/kittens . . . and no matter what they say or what they agree/disagree with, they certainly wouldn't want you to stop.

Just ignore any negative comments, even if they are well intentioned, and carry on regardless.

Todi
08-06-2011, 22:42
Hi Sharon
anyone who knows you and Wendi can see how much you do and how hard you work to help the street cats and the fact that up to now it has all been funded by yourselves is amazing. You both work so hard and are so dedicated which shows as you now have a regstered charity and some good people backing you all the way. As Suej said, anyone who thinks any differently you should ignore.

carol & steve
08-06-2011, 22:44
Sharon you have a heart of gold...there would be so many unhappy cats and kittens in Tenerife if it wasn't for you. People only have to mention a cat in trouble and you are there for them (I know from experience). Thanks for all you do.:)

caroletenerife
08-06-2011, 23:27
Hi Sharon, i read the other thread...dont be disheartened, i understand the concern about costs etc. What i did notice was that the other thread had over 240 views and this has over 160 views, so there are obviously people out there with an interest in what you do. The fact that the cats and kittens have taken over your apartment and your life and your proactive involvement in their welfare, proves your 'walking the walk' rather than 'talking the talk'. Surely some of the concerned viewers and posters could buy a few tins of kitty food or litter (400 views !!!!) thats alot of kitty food, it would allieviate the pressure on Regina and MADAT. I will put my money were my mouth is, i will buy some kitty food (whats it called?????) come get it next week at the shop when you are passing.........anybody else??????????

Todi
09-06-2011, 17:41
I will get some kitten food from Mercadona tomorrow and drop it off with you over the weekend :)

taffy
10-06-2011, 09:25
Well done Cat Woman, It is about time someone else started to help Regina, she has been working hard !
If you need any help let me know .
Sharon.

tracey
10-06-2011, 13:16
I say WELL DONE to anyone who goes out their way to help others or animals

Cat Woman
10-06-2011, 15:11
Well done Cat Woman, It is about time someone else started to help Regina, she has been working hard !
If you need any help let me know .
Thanks and Thank you for fostering 'Easter' see you soon, Sharon. x

scoregolfbob
11-06-2011, 07:17
I
say do not get to know this woman, i spoke to her about getting a cat a few months ago, I now have 5 LOL, only joking sharon has a heart of gold and works very very hard.
PS we would not be without our cats now, they are lovely

Bob and Mandy
Los Blanquitos
Granadilla