PDA

View Full Version : Guitar technician needed to adjust the action on a guitar

seanocelt
16-12-2011, 15:24
One for the musos out there! My guitar's action is a little hight, anyone out there can adjust it for me? Thanks, Sean.

Nic
16-12-2011, 15:39
Frank says did you get an alan key with it and is it an electro acoustic??!!

seanocelt
16-12-2011, 15:44
its an Ibanez electro acoustic, think i got allen key usually do. Hope your well pal, still canae send Pms on forum unless i use firefox.....which is playing up!

edit....allen key found!

sunseeker
16-12-2011, 19:12
ask irishmusico. he will probably no someone. :)

irishmusico
16-12-2011, 19:26
ask irishmusico. he will probably no someone. :)

I do indeed.Private message sent.:)

Nic
16-12-2011, 20:39
ok, frank says to tell you if you take the strings off and look at the neck inside you'll see where the allen key goes and just adjust it to the way you want it.... simples!

slodgedad
16-12-2011, 20:50
If you're stuck, Sean. I'll take a look. Been adjusting actions for more years than I can remember.

seanocelt
16-12-2011, 21:51
ok, frank says to tell you if you take the strings off and look at the neck inside you'll see where the allen key goes and just adjust it to the way you want it.... simples!

Frank has forgotten what a handless bŁ"^&%D I am.! I know how to do it, but wouldnt trust meself with a plug let alone guitat action! Thanks all.Got a plan "a" ..........and "b".....:)

slodgedad
16-12-2011, 22:48

Bit baffled. How can you tell with the strings off?

All the recommendations so far are truss rod related. It may just be a bridge adjustment.

seanocelt
17-12-2011, 01:17
scenario is.......kappo 6th fret, goes out of tune esp 6th string. looking down on fretboard strings seem a tad high. also finding it hard on the fingers compared to old guitar. any idea now, truss or bridge?

slodgedad
17-12-2011, 22:14
scenario is.......kappo 6th fret, goes out of tune esp 6th string. looking down on fretboard strings seem a tad high. also finding it hard on the fingers compared to old guitar. any idea now, truss or bridge?

Sorry for delay, been out dog packing.

Sounds very much like bridge. I'd have to take a look, (free of course). I can't see how the truss rod can have much effect between open and 6th, unless your overall action is high.