PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy sponge foam in south Tenerife?

churnlobster
16-12-2011, 19:38
Does anyone know of an outlet where i can buy a block of sponge foam?
The type i am looking for is the one that looks like rows of Toblerone bars or mini pyramids.
Thanks

Like this 2004

bonitatime
16-12-2011, 22:31
The last time we bought foam it was in La Cuesta or Santa Maria del Mar. If no one has another idea I will try to look up where.

ladybird
17-12-2011, 16:38
try the garden center in parque de la reina

churnlobster
17-12-2011, 16:43
try the garden center in parque de la reina

I will try there thanks, have you seen some in there?

jewels
18-12-2011, 09:26
There is a shop in Valle san Lorenzo that does foam,on the main street .

YOUNG GOLFER
15-09-2012, 10:40
Just about to leve my house ......does anyone know any other shops that do foam for outside furniture please.

Suej
15-09-2012, 11:06
Just about to leve my house ......does anyone know any other shops that do foam for outside furniture please.

Textile Sur cuts foam to size or shape required they do all different thickness and firmness 4 cushions cost us around 24€. This is the smooth type of foam not the pyramid type that OP has asked for! I don't know about that type Soz!

YOUNG GOLFER
15-09-2012, 11:10
Thankyou my dear was waiting for a answer before i do something I really dislike and that's shopping with 3 women...........see you laters.

Suej
15-09-2012, 11:59
Thankyou my dear was waiting for a answer before i do something I really dislike and that's shopping with 3 women...........see you laters.

Don't forget to take one of the foam inserts so they can cut it to exactly the right shape and size! I know what you men are like!:eyebrows:

carpenter
15-09-2012, 12:45
I did quite a bit of upholstery on the yachts and I use Raul Tapiceria in Guargacho for my foam opposite BP garage. Textiles Sur had to order it in for me at the time and I'm always in a rush.

The OP is after what looks like soundproofing foam. I've not seen any here. Dear OP what's it for? If it's for soundproofing then I can help with alternative materials.

Suej
15-09-2012, 13:27
You are right carpenter Textile Sur did order it but it came in the next day! They also do memory foam by the way! also the good thing is Textile Sur are open all day!

YOUNG GOLFER
15-09-2012, 21:21
Went to two shops today the first I was told it would be 5 days the next was Textile Sur and was told it would be ready by Tuesday and the cost was 147€ just for the foam.
Not sure on price for this sort of thing but I chose to leave it for now.
The size of foam I needed was around 6ft long and 1 and half feet wide.

KirstyJay
15-09-2012, 21:25
What's it for? Maybe a foam mattress from Ikea would be cheaper and you could just take the cover off it...

http://www.tenerife.ikea.es/productos_IKEA/productos.php?productos=Colchones&spid=511&modo=0#&catViendo=511

Kande
15-09-2012, 21:30
I did quite a bit of upholstery on the yachts and I use Raul Tapiceria in Guargacho for my foam opposite BP garage. Textiles Sur had to order it in for me at the time and I'm always in a rush.

The OP is after what looks like soundproofing foam. I've not seen any here. Dear OP what's it for? If it's for soundproofing then I can help with alternative materials.

My OH bought foam at Raul´s above approx. 6ft long 2ft wide and cost 50 euros, not the type you are looking for but they might have it. This place is a short drive past Guargacho heading towards Las Galletas and as mentioned above opposite BP garage.

YOUNG GOLFER
15-09-2012, 21:32
It's no where near as big as this but gives you a idea.
http://modernfurnitureset.com/modern-orbit-wicker-sofa-sectional-patio-outdoor-furniture.html

Harmonicaman
15-09-2012, 21:41

...earplugs...

viv
16-09-2012, 21:14
El Kilo in Vall San Lorrenzo,
El Kilo in las chafiras
Textile Sur in las chafiras.

They all do foam, not sure if it's the foam you're looking for though.. :0)