PDA

View Full Version : Camping Nauta mobile home owners thread

Susief
29-05-2011, 13:43
The thread on the old forum was fairly popular so thought would reserrect it on here.

Susief
14-07-2011, 22:39
Things are quiet on here. Where are all the CN mobile owners?

timmylish
15-07-2011, 00:24

SusiF. Looks like Jimandsi has scared them off!!!!!!!!!!!

pamlant
01-08-2011, 10:59
looking for a van to rent oct. 16th

Susief
01-08-2011, 11:24
looking for a van to rent oct. 16th

Pm sent in reply

kingbaker
01-08-2011, 11:58
Hi How do rents compere on Camp Naughty, to self catering appts. etc? thanks

also where exactly is CN? THANKS

Susief
01-08-2011, 13:24
Hi How do rents compere on Camp Naughty, to self catering appts. etc? thanks

also where exactly is CN? THANKS

CN is between Guargacho and Guaza. 5 mins to Las Galletas and Costa del Silencio.
I will pm you some prices.

sharpy
16-08-2011, 11:42
It depends what you are getting for your S/C apartment. I think they are two different things however what I can say there is a nice bar and pool at camping nauta and most caravans have there own patio with private gardens and parking and the kids love it.

Susief
16-08-2011, 12:05
It depends what you are getting for your S/C apartment. I think they are two different things however what I can say there is a nice bar and pool at camping nauta and most caravans have there own patio with private gardens and parking and the kids love it.

Bar is now under new management, so looking forward to trying it out at end of month.

I will say too that a lot of the vans come fully equipped with all home from home comforts!

Drawback is it's a little off the beaten track (20 min walk to bus stop) but we always hire a car so don't find it a problem!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suej
16-08-2011, 13:02

Peak Holiday time Susie! it´s always quiet in August! ;)

Susief
16-08-2011, 13:20
Peak Holiday time Susie! it´s always quiet in August! ;)

Could be right Sue.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharpy
26-08-2011, 19:14
Only back a few days and missing the site already. It hasn't stopped raining since I got back on Tuesday.
Did the ferry back and was excellent (apart from boat breaking down between Tenerife and Gran Canaria and we had to change ships) also finished off the holiday with a couple of nice days on the algarve.
Every time I visit camping nauta it seems to have improved, it is looking great and there is a nice friendly atmosphere on site between the spanish and english and others.

Susief
26-08-2011, 20:18
Only back a few days and missing the site already. It hasn't stopped raining since I got back on Tuesday.
Did the ferry back and was excellent (apart from boat breaking down between Tenerife and Gran Canaria and we had to change ships) also finished off the holiday with a couple of nice days on the algarve.
Every time I visit camping nauta it seems to have improved, it is looking great and there is a nice friendly atmosphere on site between the spanish and english and others.

I be sampling it next week, can't wait! Need some sun & warmth too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penelope pitstop
21-10-2011, 15:08
Susie have sent you an e mail & PM regarding availability in the past few days, please can you e mail me the reply as I do not come on here much.

Thanks

Penelope Pitstop (Jennie)

kingbaker
21-10-2011, 19:45
Can someone tell me where exactly is camp naughty as I spent two hours looking (about 10 days ago) Directions please from road
coming from Las Galletas, inti Guaza. Need to turn right between carsales and petrol station (because of road works) Where to then Even my Sat Nav
didn't know thanks

Added after 3 minutes:

Susie have sent you an e mail & PM regarding availability in the past few days, please can you e mail me the reply as I do not come on here much.

Thanks

Penelope Pitstop (Jennie)

I'M not sure they'll let you in with a name like that!!!!! sounds like you'll break up the place HA!!HA!!

cressrt
21-10-2011, 20:24
If you are travelling from Las Galletas via El Fraile towards Guaza you turn right at the roundabout with teh Palm Ma turn to the left and Guaza ahead. The turning on the right to the Camp site is signposted just after the garden centre.
If you are travelling from Las Galletas towards Guagacho, you take the main left hand turning after Las Rosas just before the road swings right. Follow this and you will see the signpost for the camp site on the left, if you get to the garden centre you have gone too far.
Hope this helps.

kingbaker
21-10-2011, 20:45
If you are travelling from Las Galletas via El Fraile towards Guaza you turn right at the roundabout with teh Palm Ma turn to the left and Guaza ahead. The turning on the right to the Camp site is signposted just after the garden centre.
If you are travelling from Las Galletas towards Guagacho, you take the main left hand turning after Las Rosas just before the road swings right. Follow this and you will see the signpost for the camp site on the left, if you get to the garden centre you have gone too far.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I thought it was in Guaza and drove around for about two hours.......sure locals thought I was stalking someone.

lezvamps
02-10-2012, 16:59
just wondered if anyone has a caravan for a long let till march from mid october whith prices per month please

Susief
02-10-2012, 17:13
Doubt you'll find much so late in the day!
Best bet would be to have a walk around site and see if any let signs? Or look on notice board in reception!

Harmonicaman
02-10-2012, 18:34
How's your banana tree coming along Susie?:)

sharpy
02-10-2012, 20:23
just wondered if anyone has a caravan for a long let till march from mid october whith prices per month please

If no reply from the forum I have seen caravan/moble homes for rent on self catering breaks and on ebay also on google by doing as search mobile homes in tenerife but from experience you will more than likely have to pay 3 months upfront.
Like susie says if you are out there pop in the bar at camping nauta and have a chat with a few of the residents who might be able to help.

Susief
02-10-2012, 21:52
How's your banana tree coming along Susie?:)

🌽It did really well HM but got too big so hubby cut it down.
The soil in our garden out there is good as everything just grows so fast!

Susief
02-10-2012, 21:56
If no reply from the forum I have seen caravan/moble homes for rent on self catering breaks and on ebay also on google by doing as search mobile homes in tenerife but from experience you will more than likely have to pay 3 months upfront.
Like susie says if you are out there pop in the bar at camping nauta and have a chat with a few of the residents who might be able to help.

Hi Sharpy nice to see you on here.
Both our vans were on self catering breaks but are no longer renting ours, only friends/family for odd weeks and the other I think is possibly sold!

There are one or two for sale but nothing I know of to rent.

If the person who is after one wants to pm me a contact email I am out there Sunday and can ask around?

Harmonicaman
03-10-2012, 17:54
��It did really well HM but got too big so hubby cut it down.
The soil in our garden out there is good as everything just grows so fast!

That's a shame. It takes them seven years or so before they can "fruit". Ah well, at least there's no shortage of bananas in tenerife!:)

Susief
03-10-2012, 19:09
That's a shame. It takes them seven years or so before they can "fruit". Ah well, at least there's no shortage of bananas in tenerife!:)

It was dying off, it had some baby shoots and we gave them away!
Banana plants all around Camping Nauta!

Susief
08-10-2012, 18:23

I take it you must have got sorted as haven't had an email address pm'd to me?

lezvamps
08-10-2012, 18:26
I take it you must have got sorted as haven't had an email address pm'd to me?
yes thank you so much for your time ! regards lez

sharpy
21-10-2012, 09:40
Since Ray and Sheila bought our van (Ray did a fantastic job doing it up making it more homely and suitable for permanent residence) we have had a break in April in Los Cristianos and in September went to Portugal. First time we had been anywhere different than Camping Nauta for six years and we have another week at Paradise Park in Tenerife in December. The wife likes being nearer the beach but i like the freedom you have to do as you please on camping nauta, no rush and more relaxing.
How is it on site these days, is it quiet. Might pop over for a pint in December when we are over.

SVFUN
24-10-2012, 17:11
Hi is this forum the best way to find out when vans come up for sale on the site .This is something i am thinking about in the future .Also what are the rates for the year and are there any hidden extras
thanks

Susief
24-10-2012, 18:00
Hi is this forum the best way to find out when vans come up for sale on the site .This is something i am thinking about in the future .Also what are the rates for the year and are there any hidden extras
thanks

To be honest it's not really, you get the odd one on here! Best thing to do is have a walk around site! Most people put for sale signs in their windows.
There aren't that many for sale at the moment.
If I can help you further please pm me,

sharpy
10-02-2013, 00:03
I saw an advert on eBay for a 3 bed today with air con and all mod cons for £12, 500 I've still got a soft spot for camping nauta and am hoping to come out for the summer but what surprised me in the advert was that the plot rental has gone up to €409 a month is that true.
Must be a bit off putting for potential buyers.

Susief
08-12-2013, 12:26
Wow I can't believe it's over 12 months since I posted on this thread.
Well we still have our mobile home here (and one for sale), we still love the place and are out next week for a few weeks.
Can't wait to catch up with everybody. Quite a bit of movement people selling up, people buying another and selling theirs.

Susief
13-03-2014, 08:46
Well we still love the place. Had caravans on there since 2009.
If anybody wants any info about Camping Nauta please get in touch. More than happy to answer questions.
We still have a caravan for sale. Have had swallows in it for this past winter.

sharpy
21-04-2014, 13:43
Hi everyone hope you are all doing well living on camping nauta. I haven't posted for a while just browse every now and then. Finally about to retire properly and looking to move over permanently this time. Looking at options one being moving back onto camping nauta but to rent this time long term not to buy, initially anyway.
Anyone got anything decent to rent. What's it like onsite these days. Is the bar still being run by Ray and his Mrs.
I've seen a few vans advertised on caravan in the sun it looks like the site is expanding unless
I read that wrong. Does this mean the owner has paid his fine and there is no grey area as to the site being legal or not.
Anyway any replies would be welcome especially decent van with a good long term rental price.
Thanks in advance

Susief
21-04-2014, 13:46
So when will Ryanair open winter flights fae Scotchland:rolleyes:

They are on twitter I'll ask them for you,

Angusjim
21-04-2014, 13:48
They are on twitter I'll ask them for you,

Whits happening Susie:laugh:

Susief
21-04-2014, 13:49
Hi everyone hope you are all doing well living on camping nauta. I haven't posted for a while just browse every now and then. Finally about to retire properly and looking to move over permanently this time. Looking at options one being moving back onto camping nauta but to rent this time long term not to buy, initially anyway.
Anyone got anything decent to rent. What's it like onsite these days. Is the bar still being run by Ray and his Mrs.
I've seen a few vans advertised on caravan in the sun it looks like the site is expanding unless
I read that wrong. Does this mean the owner has paid his fine and there is no grey area as to the site being legal or not.
Anyway any replies would be welcome especially decent van with a good long term rental price.
Thanks in advance

Hi Sharpy, long time no see.
Not many changes on CN. Ray still running bar. Quite a few vans for sale but that has always been the case due to people's change of circumstances, illness etc.
We still have both vans. Van at top for sale and got somebody in it in May with view to buy.
Your old van has had quite a bit done to it.
We out there in May, not sure who might have a long term rental.

Susief
21-04-2014, 13:51
Whits happening Susie:laugh:

Damn forum died on me, ended I posting on wrong thread AJ. Can't delete either. I've asked RA when Scotland winter flights are out.

Ecky Thump
21-04-2014, 13:55
Damn forum died on me, ended I posting on wrong thread AJ. Can't delete either. I've asked RA when Scotland winter flights are out.

The forum is having one of its funny days....it has a mind of its own.

Susief
21-04-2014, 13:56
The forum is having one of its funny days....it has a mind of its own.

Has happened on every posting or it duplicates and then have to delete.

sharpy
21-04-2014, 17:17
Thanks Susie.

Susief
29-11-2014, 09:32
Back to my second home on Sunday, can't wait. Been a few deaths on site recently, very sad.

sharpy
01-12-2014, 13:31
Back to my second home on Sunday, can't wait. Been a few deaths on site recently, very sad.

Have a nice holiday Susie. Sad to hear of people passing away on the site RIP (anyone we know) and best wishes to all the families. My daughter (aged 21) passed away in June from a rare Sarcoma. I have got rid of my mortgage and we have downsized since her passing and seriously thinking of coming out again in the new year and becoming a 'Swallow'.
Anyway have a great holiday and all the best to any other Camping Nauta People who still come on the forum.

sharpy
04-12-2014, 23:19
Looking at coming out for a month or six weeks from next week anyone still renting on camping nauta.
Thanks

Susief
05-12-2014, 00:05
Have a nice holiday Susie. Sad to hear of people passing away on the site RIP (anyone we know) and best wishes to all the families. My daughter (aged 21) passed away in June from a rare Sarcoma. I have got rid of my mortgage and we have downsized since her passing and seriously thinking of coming out again in the new year and becoming a 'Swallow'.
Anyway have a great holiday and all the best to any other Camping Nauta People who still come on the forum.

Am so sorry to hear your news Sharpy.

Susief
05-12-2014, 00:07
Looking at coming out for a month or six weeks from next week anyone still renting on camping nauta.
Thanks

Our Cosalt is booked from 23 Dec up until Feb, we hoping to sell it.

Ray might have your old van available. His Mrs out on Monday. Drop them a line. It's also up for sale.

sharpy
05-12-2014, 10:44
Thanks for that Susie do you know if Ray is on the forum as I haven't got their contact details now since we moved.

Susief
05-12-2014, 21:36
Thanks for that Susie do you know if Ray is on the forum as I haven't got their contact details now since we moved.

I can send you his mobile number. I'll pm you

sharpy
08-12-2014, 14:51
Flights booked van booked looking forward to an extended stay. It has been nearly three years since my last visit. I guess things have changed but it will be nice to catch up with a few old faces and friends and have a good few beers in the bar. Is Ray still running the Camping Nauta Bar?

Susief
08-12-2014, 21:15
Flights booked van booked looking forward to an extended stay. It has been nearly three years since my last visit. I guess things have changed but it will be nice to catch up with a few old faces and friends and have a good few beers in the bar. Is Ray still running the Camping Nauta Bar?

Brill. You'll enjoy. A lot of new faces on site.
Yes Ray & Debbie still running the bar.
What date do you arrive?

sharpy
01-02-2015, 10:47
Total chill out holiday in Ray's van didn't feel had to do the touristy things for once and everyone as friendly as ever. Only went out once for a night out in Los Cristianos. Ray is selling and had a few viewings while I was there and there seemed to be a lot of interest in people wanting to move onto to the site and the ground rent rise didn't seem to be putting people off.
Site is looking great and the owners have spent €35,000 doing the pool up pity it wasn't heated as without heating seems a waste of a facility in the winter.
Looking forward to my next visit now I have a bit more time on my hands

Susief
01-02-2015, 11:04
Total chill out holiday in Ray's van didn't feel had to do the touristy things for once and everyone as friendly as ever. Only went out once for a night out in Los Cristianos. Ray is selling and had a few viewings while I was there and there seemed to be a lot of interest in people wanting to move onto to the site and the ground rent rise didn't seem to be putting people off.
Site is looking great and the owners have spent €35,000 doing the pool up pity it wasn't heated as without heating seems a waste of a facility in the winter.
Looking forward to my next visit now I have a bit more time on my hands

Glad you enjoyed Sharpy. The place is so good to use as base or just to chill out, so peaceful. Everybody friendly, quite a few new faces too.
We have somebody in our Cosalt with view to buy this week, fingers crossed. Quite a few for sale on site.

sharpy
01-02-2015, 16:11
That's just what I needed peace and when the Mrs came out she enjoyed the peace and quiet too. We enjoyed going down the bar at tea time too it was nice to catch up with the old crowd. Also had some fun in the pool it was so cold it made us laugh so much.We had a few days at Los Claveles in Los Cristianos and had a night out there and to be honest couldn't wait to get back to camping nauta.
I showed 5 or 6 people round for Ray it won't be long till it sells. There seems to be a lot of interest at the moment throughout the site and I think a couple were sold while I was there too. If I had the money I would probably consider moving back now that circumstances have changed but having just moved house I will just have too look to rent.
I can't believe it is 3 years since we were last there but hope it won't be another 3 years till I visit again.

Susief
01-02-2015, 18:14
That's just what I needed peace and when the Mrs came out she enjoyed the peace and quiet too. We enjoyed going down the bar at tea time too it was nice to catch up with the old crowd. Also had some fun in the pool it was so cold it made us laugh so much.We had a few days at Los Claveles in Los Cristianos and had a night out there and to be honest couldn't wait to get back to camping nauta.
I showed 5 or 6 people round for Ray it won't be long till it sells. There seems to be a lot of interest at the moment throughout the site and I think a couple were sold while I was there too. If I had the money I would probably consider moving back now that circumstances have changed but having just moved house I will just have too look to rent.
I can't believe it is 3 years since we were last there but hope it won't be another 3 years till I visit again.

Can't beat the place really, especially with having the garden/patio area to sit out in. That's what I'll be doing for most of my stay next week.
PM me if you need anything Sharpy

Susief23
22-10-2015, 05:59
It's been a while since have visited this thread.
We sold our rental caravan a few weeks ago. Not many on site for sale.. Still love the place. Can't wait until out there again in 27 days.

sharpy
22-10-2015, 07:23
Had a great chill out month on Camping Nauta recently. With more time on my hands I was looking to move back on site so put in an offer for the van I was staying in which had been on the market for a couple of years, I thnk likewise another one in my price range. Both were turned down. I was willing to go a little higher but neither would negotiate or didn't seem to want to. Probably reason why the vans have been on the market for so long. Also don't quite understand why one would want to continue to pay the high rent up to €430 a month but no ill feelings it is their property to do what they want with and what is best for themselves. I have been there myself when I was trying to sell a few years ago and eventually dropped my price drastically which resulted in a sale.
Well done Susie for selling the other van (and nice to see you both recently hope you enjoyed the grand prix).
Anyway don't think it will be long before the other two vans are sold as there seemed to be a lot of people looking and I can understand why they are trying to hold out for the best price.
Looks like I will try to carry on renting for my long visits.
Saying that I had a conversation with Eloy yesterday about bringing my tourer down which may be a possibility in the new year just priced up driving down in the new year and surprised me how cheap it would be and Eloy has given me the price for a tourer plot which has made me think as it is much less than a static (not as nice of course) but food for thought.
Any advice on bringing a touring caravan down would be appreciated.
Anyway great to see everyone again recently and can't wait to get back probably for another 6 weeks or so over Christmas and the new year.

Susief23
22-10-2015, 16:03
Had a great chill out month on Camping Nauta recently. With more time on my hands I was looking to move back on site so put in an offer for the van I was staying in which had been on the market for a couple of years, I thnk likewise another one in my price range. Both were turned down. I was willing to go a little higher but neither would negotiate or didn't seem to want to. Probably reason why the vans have been on the market for so long. Also don't quite understand why one would want to continue to pay the high rent up to €430 a month but no ill feelings it is their property to do what they want with and what is best for themselves. I have been there myself when I was trying to sell a few years ago and eventually dropped my price drastically which resulted in a sale.
Well done Susie for selling the other van (and nice to see you both recently hope you enjoyed the grand prix).
Anyway don't think it will be long before the other two vans are sold as there seemed to be a lot of people looking and I can understand why they are trying to hold out for the best price.
Looks like I will try to carry on renting for my long visits.
Saying that I had a conversation with Eloy yesterday about bringing my tourer down which may be a possibility in the new year just priced up driving down in the new year and surprised me how cheap it would be and Eloy has given me the price for a tourer plot which has made me think as it is much less than a static (not as nice of course) but food for thought.
Any advice on bringing a touring caravan down would be appreciated.
Anyway great to see everyone again recently and can't wait to get back probably for another 6 weeks or so over Christmas and the new year.

Was good to see you to Sharpy. F1 was fab.
The rent that is being paid on van is €270 a month as empty/non-resident. We were glad to sell ours, friends sold one too within 2 weeks. Couple that have bought the Cosalt are very nice. Planning on living in it from Jan.
If you need somewhere to rent over Christmas give us a shout, as out beg Dec and then not out until 23 Jan.

nicky3006
23-02-2016, 11:22
Hi

We have just moved over here and are now residents.
We are looking at the possibility of buying a caravan for family and friends to use and also to rent out.
I was wondering in anyone could advise me whether with the quite high site fees and the depreciating cost of the van over time, if this would be a good investment or not?
Do owners get plenty of bookings, make enough to cover costs etc.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Susief23
23-02-2016, 17:32
Hi

We have just moved over here and are now residents.
We are looking at the possibility of buying a caravan for family and friends to use and also to rent out.
I was wondering in anyone could advise me whether with the quite high site fees and the depreciating cost of the van over time, if this would be a good investment or not?
Do owners get plenty of bookings, make enough to cover costs etc.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There are no 'cheap' caravans for sale on site. Most start at about £20,000.
I wouldn't buy one if you are going to rely on renting it. There isn't a massive market for renting. We did used to rent one we had but over past 12-18 months things went quiet, we sold it the back end of last year.
We still have our mobile home on site and use it regularly.

nicky3006
23-02-2016, 17:51
Yes i did notice they were quite expensive which was why i was wondering if there was a rental market at all. Ideally we would like one for family etc when they come to stay as not a lot of spare room at our house but not sure i can justify the monthly costs.
Great information, thank you very much.

Susief23
23-02-2016, 18:05
Yes i did notice they were quite expensive which was why i was wondering if there was a rental market at all. Ideally we would like one for family etc when they come to stay as not a lot of spare room at our house but not sure i can justify the monthly costs.
Great information, thank you very much.

I can't think of anybody who does rent on site. It might be worth going and speaking to Ray or Debbie at the club bar and see if they know of anybody. You'd be better just renting from somebody ad hoc.

Susief23
25-03-2016, 08:56
Things are very quiet on here.
We are back to Camping Nauta in 31 days.

Ecky Thump
25-03-2016, 09:15
Things are very quiet on here.
We are back to Camping Nauta in 31 days.

And I've got 33 days to wait for my months quota of sunshine and good food. :sunshine: :airplane:

Susief23
11-07-2016, 17:11
Wow it's been a while since I posted on here.
Anybody know of any tourer caravans for sale on site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk