PDA

View Full Version : Thread prefixes on certain sections of the Tenerife Forum

KirstyJay
08-06-2011, 20:46
Thread prefixes have been added to some forums, rather than sub forums, as the forum's SEO is damaged by empty forums, so I have had to merge them in order to try and keep this to a minimum.

I know that it's a little difficult to get used to changes, but until there are at least 4 pages on any one subject, then it is not good for the forum as a whole to have sub-forums.

In order to soften the pain (as it were!) I have hand-coded a prefix selector at the top of forums with prefixes.

If you select the prefix you want using this selector, only threads with that prefix will show. You can also do this by clicking on a prefix too.

If you select 'any prefix', then all threads will show again. This will also happen if you click on the prefix again.

So... there are two ways of filtering these forums so that they act in exactly the same way as before... either use the prefix drop down menu, or click on the prefix of you choice on any thread. Either way is quicker than it was before, plus you can see all prefixes in Today's Posts too, so you have a better idea about the subject of a thread before your read it.

I hope this is not too confusing. As soon as we have more threads, then we can expand the sections once more.

:)

with cheese
08-06-2011, 20:48
Blimey someone else speaks Dutch.

KirstyJay
08-06-2011, 20:49
I tried to explain it as simply as possible!!! :o Best thing is to give it a try :)

bonitatime
08-06-2011, 22:00
Sounds good, converting this must be a complete nightmare.

MrsTT
08-06-2011, 22:32
Brilliant - thanks so much! :hail:

KirstyJay
08-06-2011, 22:58
Sounds good, converting this must be a complete nightmare.2 weeks and counting... :whistle:

COL NIL SATIS
09-06-2011, 00:48
Upgrading Vbulletin sites is a LOT LOT more work than anyone could imagine,i know how time consuming it is and that it can become an absolute nightmare....Kirsty and the gang have done an awesome job on this NEW forum and looking at it all tonight it looks spot on ,Hats off to all mods/admins etc who were involved ,without these guys forums go nowhere !! Doing a superb job all of them !!!!

slodgedad
09-06-2011, 00:52
Upgrading Vbulletin sites is a LOT LOT more work than anyone could imagine,i know how time consuming it is and that it can become an absolute nightmare....Kirsty and the gang have done an awesome job on this NEW forum and looking at it all tonight it looks spot on ,Hats off to all mods/admins etc who were involved ,without these guys forums go nowhere !! Doing a superb job all of them !!!!

My head won't fit through the bedroom door if you keep on,,,,

COL NIL SATIS
09-06-2011, 01:02
hahaha :whip: nice one Slodgie :crylaughing:

KirstyJay
09-06-2011, 11:51
Upgrading Vbulletin sites is a LOT LOT more work than anyone could imagine,i know how time consuming it is and that it can become an absolute nightmare....Kirsty and the gang have done an awesome job on this NEW forum and looking at it all tonight it looks spot on ,Hats off to all mods/admins etc who were involved ,without these guys forums go nowhere !! Doing a superb job all of them !!!!Thatnks for that. I've been feeling a bit down due to all the pressure the past few days, as I have lots of other work to do too... but it's amazing what a bit of understanding can do for your morale. :)