PDA

View Full Version : Which areas of work are more abundant and most likely to find work?

Leanne
18-12-2011, 07:55
Hi everyone I've had some great advice off people on the forum as regards to moving to Tenerife. And some one said gain skills and other ways of making aliving. So what I'll ask is this, what is the skills you suggest I gain to enable me to earn over in tenerife? Thanks for any help :) xx

Angusjim
18-12-2011, 08:17
Hi everyone I've had some great advice off people on the forum as regards to moving to Tenerife. And some one said gain skills and other ways of making aliving. So what I'll ask is this, what is the skills you suggest I gain to enable me to earn over in tenerife? Thanks for any help :) xx

I would have thought learning to speak and write Spanish and Russian would be a huge help

Leanne
18-12-2011, 08:25
Hi there, I'm starting Spanish in 3 weeks, Russian? I really didn't know that was in demand out there to be honest. In what way is Russian an need in Tenerife?

beerfan
18-12-2011, 09:41
Hi there, I'm starting Spanish in 3 weeks, Russian? I really didn't know that was in demand out there to be honest. In what way is Russian an need in Tenerife?

This is a question I'd quite like to know the answer to also. When I was in Tenerife I didn't see one sign in Russian or hear a single Russian speaker. It's not like Majorca where there are a few Russian signs and Russian people holidaying there.

He might be having you on with the Russian bit. I would imagine learning fluent spoken and written Spanish will be helpful, though for Tenerife learning the local dialect of Spanish may be more beneficial. :)

Leanne
18-12-2011, 09:48
I hope he's avin me on cause I'm a brummie and we barely av a grasp on the English language never mind me learnin Russian on top of Spanish haha :p

doreen
18-12-2011, 11:08
This is a question I'd quite like to know the answer to also. When I was in Tenerife I didn't see one sign in Russian or hear a single Russian speaker. It's not like Majorca where there are a few Russian signs and Russian people holidaying there.

He might be having you on with the Russian bit. I would imagine learning fluent spoken and written Spanish will be helpful, thoughTenerife learning the local dialect of Spanish may be more beneficial. :)

What part of Tenerife were you in, beerfan ? Russian is everywhere in the South ... most Estate Agents now employ a Russian speaker, menus are translated into Russian, it really is a growth area ... though having spent the last 3 months learning Russian myself, I think concentrating on Spanish would be a tad easier :lol:

beerfan
18-12-2011, 11:13
What part of Tenerife were you in, beerfan ? Russian is everywhere in the South ... most Estate Agents now employ a Russian speaker, menus are translated into Russian, it really is a growth area ... though having spent the last 3 months learning Russian myself, I think concentrating on Spanish would be a tad easier :lol:

I was in the North.

Leanne
18-12-2011, 11:23
Jebus I'm gonna need alot of different language lessons at this rate lol :D.but I'll stick with Spanish for now. Any suggestions of a trade people could tell me to learn while I'm still in blighty I might as well get a few notchies on my belt while I can to better my chances of work.

beerfan
18-12-2011, 11:25
Jebus I'm gonna need alot of different language lessons at this rate lol :D.but I'll stick with Spanish for now.

Well, it sounds like it differs depending on where you want to live on the island.

Leanne
18-12-2011, 13:32
That's the thing, I'll go where evers the best place to live in regards to childcare and school, work, price and low crime rates e.t.c. I know there's no perfect place you can be and that it's along list to consider but when you up sticks and move it's things you need to find out.