PDA

View Full Version : Club website; Cannot guarantee CD Tenerife will be able to play in 2nd B

Fred Perry
08-06-2011, 21:54
Just when you thought it could not get any worse......
The official club website has announced that it can not guarantee that CD Tenerife will be able to participate next season in the Spanish 2nd B. They will be relegated yet another division if they cannot settle the players contracts before June 30th.

If players of the type of Julio Alvarez, Natalio etc do not pardon any of the money owed we will be playing in the Third Division (Canarian Group) next season.

All the negotiations were apparently sorted under the ex-director of football but the knew guy Cordero has rubbed the players up the wrong way. Nice one Concepcion. So unless a multi-millionaire investor comes along we are in serious trouble OR the players (the ones everyone has been slating so much) find it in them to forgive some money (doubtful).

Some think that the official club annoucement is meant to put pressure on the players so they agree to terms to pay them off in instalments.

bonitatime
08-06-2011, 21:58
Having listened to the club lawyer on the radio today I think the whole thing is game playing to try to end up paying as little as possible.

Fred Perry
08-06-2011, 22:20
Well, I just hope their "tactics" work. What a mess. We thought relegation was the pits but now I just cannot wait until August to see the blanquiazules playing at home in the 2nd B and winning a few of their first games.

By the way everyone; the new "platform" that are attempting to takeover the club will be interviewed live on radio Marca at 2pm. Could be interesting. They have a good solid manifesto but they need trustworthy names to join so that the social mass of CDT will support them.

Blimey, even the rumoured takeover by REDBULL would look good now!

Chayofa Tete
09-06-2011, 07:50
This was the major thing that concerned me regarding the players contracts,there is no way in my opinion that anyone is going to walk away without at least a decent sized settlement as this is what these guys do for a living and although when interviewed etc they make all the right noises they are not knowingly going to be short changed.We obviously see it different as supporters but busines is business as they say.With this and the debt,lack of revenue etc we are in big,big trouble.
Starting segunda B would be wonderful under the present circumstances.

redarrow
09-06-2011, 10:45
With respect to Alvarez and Natalio, we were stupid enough to offer them deals way beyond their value.

Natalio's track record in the five previous seasons is a big clue, only 19 goals and most of the teams he played for got relegated. If I was him, I'd be embarrassed to take any more money from the club.

Alvarez's contribution slightly more positive, but still not worth the money.