PDA

View Full Version : WANTED in Tenerife Desperately needed, camping stove

caroletenerife
19-12-2011, 03:22
has anyone got a camping stove they could sell. The volunteers that live at the Live Arico refuge have no cooking facilities, its coming into the cold weather and they are living on cheese sandwiches. Please PM me if you have something suitable you could sell us, so they could at least get a hot meal, thank you x

Suej
19-12-2011, 12:15
has anyone got a camping stove they could sell. The volunteers that live at the Live Arico refuge have no cooking facilities, its coming into the cold weather and they are living on cheese sandwiches. Please PM me if you have something suitable you could sell us, so they could at least get a hot meal, thank you x

I assume then Carole that they do not have lecky? otherwise I was thinking of a microwave! Sorry if Iīm sounding thick! thatīs cos I am!:laugh:

caroletenerife
19-12-2011, 12:57
No sue, no electric, they have a generator but its not powerful enough for cooking appliances, Eugenio doesnt mind eating cheese sandwiches every day haha. its the rest of us that worry about them x

MrsTT
19-12-2011, 19:34
I remember seeing portable camping equipment in the ferreteria in the Eden centre some time back as I was thinking of getting one in case the electricity was off for long periods - so probably last year.

Bay1987
20-12-2011, 08:00
have got a gas paella ring that can be used for cooking. Free if you can collect from Las Chafiras

caroletenerife
20-12-2011, 20:23
have got a gas paella ring that can be used for cooking. Free if you can collect from Las Chafiras
Thank you so much for your offer, it is very kind of you. But a forum member has come to the rescue and went out of their way to deliver the hob to volunteers working bag packing at Iceland. (i would take yours but Eugenio would probably burn the place down if he had to concentrate on too many pans:)) many thanks to the forum member who donated it, you have just made their Christmas special at the refuge xxxxx