PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the disabled toilets when out and about?

YOUNG GOLFER
19-12-2011, 19:36
i did this the other night in a restaurant because the mens toilets were a bit messy so went into the disabled ones. have to say, much nicer, much cleaner and more spacious!
But felt a bit bad when i came out and there was someone waiting - he didnt look too happy so i pretended i had a bad back :ashamed:

Jackie
19-12-2011, 19:45
Have to say YG if there is a big queue for the ladies on a night out I tend to use the mens:o....sorry but there is never normally a queue for them like the ladies. Should by any chance the mens be unusable due to some of you not being able to aim straight:nono: and there is a disabled toilet available then I will use it. I figure if someone using a wheelchair/crutches/walking stick etc needs to use it by the time they have fought their way through the hoards of women blocking their way I will be in and out:spin:

Suej
19-12-2011, 19:50
Yes I use them I have noticed that a few of the Ladies loos are only equipped for the disabled (dual purpose I suppose) so you have no choice! I donīt think thereīs any law against it! itīs not like using a disabled parking space is it!

YOUNG GOLFER
19-12-2011, 19:51
forgot to say, i saw this man again later and he was going up the hill to his car as he had to park quite a long way away. Didnt look happy when he saw me and noticed i was parked in the only disabled bay outside the restaurant!

Suej
19-12-2011, 19:55
forgot to say, i saw this man again later and he was going up the hill to his car as he had to park quite a long way away. Didnt look happy when he saw me and noticed i was parked in the only disabled bay outside the restaurant!

Think you were just taking the pee YG?:laugh:

9PLUS
19-12-2011, 20:21
Cause you is well Rock un Roll..................innit

caroletenerife
19-12-2011, 20:27
well that's a present scored off your list:crylaughing:

marbro8
19-12-2011, 20:42
forgot to say, i saw this man again later and he was going up the hill to his car as he had to park quite a long way away. Didnt look happy when he saw me and noticed i was parked in the only disabled bay outside the restaurant!you do realise that all the good work and help you have given over the years have gone out of the window now!!! and you have been relegated from saint to mere mortal:cheeky:

slodgedad
19-12-2011, 21:07
Must admit, I have in an emergency. Always felt guilty though.

marbro8
19-12-2011, 21:51
Must admit, I have in an emergency. Always felt guilty though.i prefer to use them:) there is more room they are cleaner and there is never a que:cheeky:

I_N_Cognito
19-12-2011, 22:02
Knew a couple who had a thing about disabled toilets!

Bit like the mile high club!!!

:jumping:

YOUNG GOLFER
19-12-2011, 22:52
Hi. Guys looks like someone has been naughty....i left the office had to go somewhere and CIM and HEffalumpy were left alone ....will I learn I doubt it but have to be honest made me laugh.

TIS
19-12-2011, 23:31
Yep, all the time. If you have 2 little ones that always want to go together there simply isn't the room in normal loos, the gents are nearly always disgusting. So all three of us go in together. People know its being used 'cos of the noise from inside and we've never had a complaint when we come out and passed somebody waiting. Establishments should ensure the gents loos are checked regularly!

marbro8
20-12-2011, 23:16
Hi. Guys looks like someone has been naughty....i left the office had to go somewhere and CIM and HEffalumpy were left alone ....will I learn I doubt it but have to be honest made me laugh.are you trying to tell us your sainthood is still in tact?:eyebrows:

karinagal
21-12-2011, 10:41
and there is never a que:cheeky:

I beg to differ.....! If you ever attend a
Motorcycle show you will see that the ONLY queue is for the disabled toilets and walks with a limp.....! :D

willowlily
21-12-2011, 12:48
i once used one in london and was asked sarcastically by the disabled women waiting outside if i was disabled i replied " no but if i had not got to the loo in time i would have been disabled " and i was not being sarcastic.

Ecky Thump
21-12-2011, 13:08
My Mother when she was alive had limited mobility and had to use a wheelchair, she would never bother who used toilets designated as having facilities to suit the disabled, as she viewed them as apart from having features that helped her, as a extra toilet that every one should be able to use, not just the people who have difficulties with mobility.
Apart from that if I moaned that the car parking spaces displayed with a wheel chair were all full, she was quite happy to point out that I wasn't in the chair, or disabled and that I was able to push her that extra few yards.:laugh:

Suej
21-12-2011, 15:23
My Mother when she was alive had limited mobility and had to use a wheelchair, she would never bother who used toilets designated as having facilities to suit the disabled, as she viewed them as apart from having features that helped her, as a extra toilet that every one should be able to use, not just the people who have difficulties with mobility.
Apart from that if I moaned that the car parking spaces displayed with a wheel chair were all full, she was quite happy to point out that I wasn't in the chair, or disabled and that I was able to push her that extra few yards.:laugh:

I think your wording is correct Ecky! I think the Toilets are there for the use of the able bodied public but are equipped for the disabled...I donīt think these toilets are purely for disabled users though unlike disabled parking spaces. Anybody know for sure?

Goforgold
21-12-2011, 16:07
I have used disabled toilets but for some reason have felt guilty and get in and out as quick as possible!! Fortunately no-one has been waiting!! We have one at work which I occasionally use - one thing that has puzzled me with disabled toilets is that most of them and the one at work don't have a mirror. Just because you are disabled doesn't mean you don't want to check your hair and makeup etc - how condescending is that??!!!