PDA

View Full Version : Who else uses logmein.com?

atlantico
08-06-2011, 22:45
I use it for connecting to about 8 different computers for my business and also I have CCTV I can view over the internet all over the world (well, UK and Tenerife actually)

Who else uses it or a similar site ?

I now rate it up there with Internet, Mobile Phones, Computers, etc as one of those things I couldn't live without . . .ouch !! . . . . AND girlfriend !!

For those who don't know what it is, its a website where you can connect to another of your PC's from anywhere in the world, even on your iPhone. For FREE !!

You can use the remote PC as though you were actually there using it. You can transfer files between PC's. You can privately message the other remote user. You can log on and show people how to do something or correct faults for them, the benefits are limitless

I'm just about to log into my office PC to print out a list of jobs for staff to do tomorrow . . . . whilst me and SCOREGOLFBOB build a wall in Tenerife ! . . . . . . Yep, allright for some !

here's a screen capture of one of my shops CCTV system from 2 minutes ago, as viewed from Tenerife !

KirstyJay
08-06-2011, 23:04
I use teamviewer for exactly the same thing. It's free for personal use and you can even get a portable version for your USB Stick and an iPhone app. I have sat in Guia de Isora watching my kids during kung fu and been doing work on my PC via my iphone before now, or been in Aqualand in the sun, but working on Photoshop. It's great. :)

atlantico
08-06-2011, 23:10
don't know about other website services, but I chose LogMeIn when I was in a Burger King outlet and the PC/TV on the wall was accessed via a LogMeIn user from BK's head office, and I thought. . . . . . . . if it's good enough for the makers of the Double Whopper, then it's good enough for me !

Heffalumpy
09-06-2011, 09:31
I use teamviewer for exactly the same thing. It's free for personal use and you can even get a portable version for your USB Stick and an iPhone app. I have sat in Guia de Isora watching my kids during kung fu and been doing work on my PC via my iphone before now, or been in Aqualand in the sun, but working on Photoshop. It's great. :)

Same here Kirsty use teamviewer... Great programme
The amount of times I have used it to help friends out with comp problems... :censored:

tracey_in_tenerife
09-06-2011, 15:41
i use log me in , its fantastic.

TIS
19-06-2011, 01:29
I use it for connecting to about 8 different computers for my business and also I have CCTV I can view over the internet all over the world (well, UK and Tenerife actually)

Who else uses it or a similar site ?

I now rate it up there with Internet, Mobile Phones, Computers, etc as one of those things I couldn't live without . . .ouch !! . . . . AND girlfriend !!

For those who don't know what it is, its a website where you can connect to another of your PC's from anywhere in the world, even on your iPhone. For FREE !!

You can use the remote PC as though you were actually there using it. You can transfer files between PC's. You can privately message the other remote user. You can log on and show people how to do something or correct faults for them, the benefits are limitless

I'm just about to log into my office PC to print out a list of jobs for staff to do tomorrow . . . . whilst me and SCOREGOLFBOB build a wall in Tenerife ! . . . . . . Yep, allright for some !

here's a screen capture of one of my shops CCTV system from 2 minutes ago, as viewed from Tenerife !

Yep, rock solid software and company offers discounts and no price increases for renewing each year.

TOTO 99
19-06-2011, 08:58
Yep, rock solid software and company offers discounts and no price increases for renewing each year.

Atlantico said it was free...did you pair used to work together in timeshare sales? :D

TIS
19-06-2011, 09:31
Atlantico said it was free...did you pair used to work together in timeshare sales? :D
There is a free version, with fewer features, but as a business we need to have a bit more. Not related.

atlantico
19-06-2011, 10:26
Yep, I use the free version as I don't need to transfer files between PC's - and I use a file transfer program called DROPBOX for that purpose - which is also FREE

Ed3229
27-06-2011, 17:25
Just downloaded logmein..........very good.

Malteser Monkey
27-06-2011, 18:39
Just downloaded logmein..........very good.

I like the Chinese version chowmein

Ok I'm sorry done it again sorry sorry

that's terrible

KirstyJay
27-06-2011, 19:00
Yep, I use the free version as I don't need to transfer files between PC's - and I use a file transfer program called DROPBOX for that purpose - which is also FREE

Teamviewer does file transfers too :)

georgecampbell
15-10-2014, 08:17
I use LogMeIn ignition for my remote access work and it works well. Additionally, you may also try out using other remote support tools such as a RHUB remote support servers Bomgar, GoSupportNow, GoToMyPC etc.