PDA

View Full Version : We need help with last minute car hire from Tenerife South Airport!

hodd
23-12-2011, 11:21
Hello all

I’m flying into Tenerife South tomorrow (staying until 31.12.2011) and was silly enough to leave hiring car until the last minute. I have tried these companies, at their TFS branches, with no luck:

Avis
Hertz
Europcar
Doyouspain
Cicar

All of these are sold out. I tried booking through the easyjet/easycar website, but they take up to 24 hours to confirm availability.

Any have any other ideas?

Many many thanks for any suggestions.

Ecky Thump
23-12-2011, 11:33
Hello all

I’m flying into Tenerife South tomorrow (staying until 31.12.2011) and was silly enough to leave hiring car until the last minute. I have tried these companies, at their TFS branches, with no luck:

Avis
Hertz
Europcar
Doyouspain
Cicar

All of these are sold out. I tried booking through the easyjet/easycar website, but they take up to 24 hours to confirm availability.

Any have any other ideas?

Many many thanks for any suggestions.

Try Autoreisen at the airport +34 922 39 22 16
You will find them on the Internet.

They come highly recommended by many forum members.

timmylish
23-12-2011, 12:31
As above but a smaller company called Oasis
http://www.oasisrentacar.com/
they tend to deal with Russians so may be able to help.

dixie4
23-12-2011, 13:15
A couple of suggestions,

Plus cars,

Orcar,

Both to be found on the internet

slodgedad
23-12-2011, 22:16
Have you tried Orlando (http://orlandorc.net/)

My family swear by them

Ecky Thump
24-12-2011, 00:10
Have you tried Orlando (http://orlandorc.net/)

My family swear by them

I used to have a car that I swore by, every b****y day I swore by it.:D

hodd
24-12-2011, 21:03
Big thanks all for your help.

Orlando had no more cars, but Autoreisen did the business, and I'm now cruising around Tenerife in a Ford Fiesta.

:)

tonypub
24-12-2011, 21:05
ive a mobility scooter to rent

Ecky Thump
24-12-2011, 21:07

Orlando had no more cars, but Autoreisen did the business, and I'm now cruising around Tenerife in a Ford Fiesta.

Great that we could help, and even better that you took my recommendation.:laugh:

dixie4
25-12-2011, 00:15

That was lucky, Orlando charge twice the price of Autoreisen!

Glad you got fixed up.

Autoreisens' cars are a bit rough sometimes but always reliable in my experience and the advantage of being able to do the paperwork whilst waiting for your cases certainly speeds things up a bit.

timmylish
25-12-2011, 01:01
Its amazing how this company seems to come up trumps time after time no matter how short the notice is given. I really think that they should be the nominated car hire company here on this Forum.

Susief
25-12-2011, 15:52
Its amazing how this company seems to come up trumps time after time no matter how short the notice is given. I really think that they should be the nominated car hire company here on this Forum.

They by far the best car hire company on Tenerife!
They come a close 2nd to Ryanair! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk