PDA

View Full Version : Modem problem --

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 10:06
can anybody help -- i have a inalambrico modem from telefonica-- the wireless is working fine, but when i plug in a second laptop, it says limited or no connection--- what do i do-

TenerifePool
26-12-2011, 10:15
can anybody help -- i have a inalambrico modem from telefonica-- the wireless is working fine, but when i plug in a second laptop, it says limited or no connection--- what do i do-

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. In my case the plug-in part of the modem was broken (although the WIFI worked fine) and the modem needed to be replaced.

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 10:26
hi thank you -- do i have to get one from telefonica , or can i install my own i brought with me from ireland ,or does telefonica have a code-- or can i just plug it in-- i will get on to telefonica to replace the one , because it is only 7 month old

TenerifePool
26-12-2011, 10:37
Generally the Telefonica Modems have a six month guarantee so you will most likely be charged for a new one. Telefonica send the new ones via courier, generally taking about 48 hours.

Any modem will do the job, you will have to configure it to Telefonica's settings.

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 10:40
thank you where do i find the telefonica setting do you know , so i can do it myself

TenerifePool
26-12-2011, 10:45
You can use the software on the CD that came with your modem to interrogate it. If you don't have the CD it can be downloaded from the Telefonica website.

Added after 3 minutes:

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Batc%2Bmenu_izq%2B2%2Bnodo_izq%2B1%2Bm enu_cab_sup%2BCliente%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,00.html ?uri=/on/io/es/atencion/soporte_tecnico_y_averias/internet/adsl/manuales_adsl.htm

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 10:49
yes i have the cd so i can do it myself i will try thank you very much i will let you know

dede
26-12-2011, 11:11
yes i have the cd so i can do it myself i will try thank you very much i will let you know Oh i hope you do it then i will follow you as im having problems with mine but dont know how to configure a new one. I will wait with baited breath......

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 11:14
i will do it after christmas , not today so i will post the result in a few days

bonitatime
26-12-2011, 15:52
Under no circumstances should you pay for a new moden Whine complain threaten to chamge suppliers but dont pay for one and anyway things should be guaramteed for 2 years. I have had 3 modems from Telefonica and never paid for any of them

timmylish
26-12-2011, 16:12
Agree with Bonitatime.

dede
26-12-2011, 16:15
Under no circumstances should you pay for a new moden Whine complain threaten to chamge suppliers but dont pay for one and anyway things should be guaramteed for 2 years. I have had 3 modems from Telefonica and never paid for any of them I have tried to get a new one from telefonica but they put me through to a department that speak no english and my spanish is not up to scratch so i will have to just buy a new one.

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 17:05
thank you yes they are sending one out, but i have to pay the postage that was 2 month ago -- have not got it jet, so will ring them again-- thank you -- yes i think they should send one free of charge-- i will tackle it in the new year i do not know , if i can get them now over christmas -- my friend will ring-- she speaks spanish-

slodgedad
26-12-2011, 17:40
To get a free replacement from these thieves is not to show too much knowledge.

Tell em it don't work and when they try to charge threaten to go elsewhere.

Internet and phone providers in Tenerife are battling now that there is access for all to more than 1 meg.

BTW, I had 2 Telefonica routers in the 18 months I had internet from them and when the 2nd one finally died I gave up.

Direct Telecom for me. You pay your bill, all inclusive, no extras, customer service to beat anyone.

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 17:46
buy i have 1 years contract and thats not over until may 2012 so can i change i don't think so i will go to there office in the new year and battle with them wifi is working and 1 computer on cable, so i am not stuck i only want to have the second computer to get english tv on from the internet wifi is not as strong as cable, thats why i need it

bonitatime
26-12-2011, 19:02
But without the equipment to complete the contract they have invalidated it insist to speak to someone in english and insist they talk to the other department. You have a product which they didn't supply adequate equipment to use. Telefonica only functions if you insist.

princessmonika
26-12-2011, 20:15
bonitatime thank you and i will go to there office and insist that they fix my problem --i will let you know as soon as i get more news do you know are they open over christmas and the new year-- will ring tomorrow and see--

markcuk
26-12-2011, 20:54
Not sure why everyone presumes the modem is faulty! Have you tried plugging in the laptop that works with the wireless using the cable?

ley us know what operating system the computer has with the problem.

bonitatime
26-12-2011, 21:09
Because i have had this problem with 2 telefonica modems

markcuk
26-12-2011, 21:21
Because i have had this problem with 2 telefonica modems

ok but still strange for 2 modems to have the same problem. I would still try the other pc with the cable

timmylish
26-12-2011, 23:11
Have to say that in, what/ 7 years or more with ADSL, I,ve never had one problem. What they do is so ismple that it should be difficult to go wrong with just 2 lines out or, are you running something else much heavier or what?

Andy0210
26-12-2011, 23:14
You can use the software on the CD that came with your modem to interrogate it.

Or send it to Guantanamo Bay and the Americans will interrogate it on your behalf. ;)

princessmonika
27-12-2011, 08:54
i have a mac on one line out and when i plug the other one a dell with window seven in -it does not work it keeps saying limited or no connection and when i take the cable out of the dell , a message comes up on my mac you are using the same ip, please contact the server, i got my friend who speaks spanish to ring up, and they said, they send out a new modem , but she rang a lot of times and so far no modem --both laptops work fine on wifi and i have a internet radio on wifi , so wifi on that modem on problem-- but can only use 1 of the 4 outlets--

Vortex Wake
27-12-2011, 09:17
So the modem router IS ok.

I had that issue when I plugged in a cctv system into another port on my modem router. The cctv system was stopping internet access to the plugged in laptop because of the same i.p. Changing the i.p. on the cctv system cured the issue.

You will need to enter the network setup on the second laptop and move its i.p. I am unable to tell you how to do this on your laptop - sorry :)

princessmonika
27-12-2011, 09:21
does anybody know how to put a ip on the second laptop ????????

markcuk
27-12-2011, 10:40
for windows 7 try this

The network adapter needs to be reset.

To reset the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Disable. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the adapter icon again, and then click Enable. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The adapter is now reset. Try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that your network adapter is now working correctly.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

princessmonika
27-12-2011, 10:46
hank you markcuk i will try it

Added after 4 minutes:

by the way telefonica never gave me a password so how can i get it

markcuk
27-12-2011, 10:53
it means your windows password if you have one!

princessmonika
27-12-2011, 11:09
yes thank you just was on to telefonica i got an english speaking person they send out new modem , so we see what will happen i will update as soon as i have it

Harlequin
27-12-2011, 11:14
Hi Princess

If you're still in a fix in the new year and need it sorting get in touch. we can help...

princessmonika
27-12-2011, 11:32
i will mail you , if i cannot hack it thanks again and a happy new year to all