PDA

View Full Version : I can't pick up the English radio stations in Tenerife

henry
27-12-2011, 21:47
well browskiīs

i knew the time is coming didnīt know as of today.

this pass year i use to listen to oasis fm. but since early this year. canīt pick it up on the radio so i listen to it on the web. until i think back in march or april i click listen live. and got a open window saying i have to be in the u.s. milary and this cannot play overseas. weird? i said everything to get oasis on the web but it keeps saying this on my computer. and when i heard of coast fm. great!! i got it in guaza. until they expand. well, i said i can allways listen to it on the web. until now man!! i going to miss oasis and coast now.:( i went to coast fm and i see they change everything. looks good but now when i click listen now. it comes back saying i donīt have permission to access it. maybe i just go to the radio station and hit in their lobby just to listen to both radio station. (not the same time of couse lol) well it was good until it lasted. i can allways go back to the spanish stations on the radio. but i all ready missing my oasis fm and coast fm.. canīt pick it up on my radio. canīt pick it up on my cell phone . if iīm in los cristanos and las gallents yes i can pick it up but not in guaza. and now canīt pick it on the web.. i think this is where most old people remember and if i ever have a kid i whould said (i remember back in the day.....)

i can allways go back to my home tome radio station in austin texas.

http://www.967kissfm.com/main.html

Added after 5 minutes:

or if you like easy listening listen to majic live from austin texas.

http://www.majic.com/pages/10634889.php

Andy0210
28-12-2011, 00:54
I drive through Guaza every day henry and can get Coast FM anywhere round that area, if you canīt get it on 89.2 try 103.7

Same for Oasis, two frequencies 101.00 and 101.2 again you should get it on a normal radio. :)

slodgedad
28-12-2011, 01:00
I drive through Guaza every day henry and can get Coast FM anywhere round that area, if you canīt get it on 89.2 try 103.7

Same for Oasis, two frequencies 101.00 and 101.2 again you should get it on a normal radio. :)

Same here, Henry. I'm in Las Chafiras and get both, no problem. Are you sure you're tuned in properly?

9PLUS
28-12-2011, 07:42
Same here, Henry. I'm in Las Chafiras and get both, no problem. Are you sure you were using a radio?

princessmonika
28-12-2011, 11:33
i got a roberts internet radio works on wifi , gets me everything all bbc's and local -- it is brill -- irish german -- well all over the world

henry
28-12-2011, 17:32

yes i tried 101.00 and 101.2 on my radio but itīs all static you chould barely heard it in the background

Same here, Henry. I'm in Las Chafiras and get both, no problem. Are you sure you were using a radio? yes. i can barely get it just mostly static. i have to have my radio close to my head and still barely get it mostly static.

Jelly Baby
28-12-2011, 18:23
Time to get a new radio, Henry! :whistle:

Davethepubsinger
29-12-2011, 14:23
Anyone know what's happened to Oasis hourly news reports ?

seanocelt
29-12-2011, 20:21
i got a roberts internet radio works on wifi , gets me everything all bbc's and local -- it is brill -- irish german -- well all over the world

tell me more please. Can it take a dongle? Hate having to take laptop out to terrace to sunbathe and hear radio 2. You get it here? Price ? Thanks, Sean.

henry
29-12-2011, 20:37
Anyone know what's happened to Oasis hourly news reports ? i donīt know since i canīt get it. oh! well i guess i listen to the back back home in austin texas www.majic.com

Andy0210
30-12-2011, 00:22
yes i tried 101.00 and 101.2 on my radio but itīs all static you chould barely heard it in the background

yes. i can barely get it just mostly static. i have to have my radio close to my head and still barely get it mostly static.

Have you thought you may have a faulty radio henry or very poor reception through your aeriel ???

If thats not the case you have the only radio in Guaza that wont pick either of those stations up.