PDA

View Full Version : Can I change the name on my passport without having to go back to the UK?

wakoline
27-12-2011, 21:52
i have had my name legaly changed back to my maiden name since my divorce, can anyone tell me how i go about sorting changing my name on my passport without having to go to the uk, to sort it, also i will have to chand the name on my residecia and n.i.e number, will it be easy?

Jackie
27-12-2011, 22:01
Would it not be easier to wait until the passport expires and then re new it in your new name?

Goldenmaniac
28-12-2011, 10:30
Do the passport first from here see here http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/passports1/passports-a-to-z/a-topics/applications-forms - check with the consulate first, here.....
Plaza Weyler, 8, 1º
38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Tel: 902 109 356
Tel: (+34) 91 334 2194 (alternative number)
Fax: (+34) 922 289 903
E-mail: Tenerife.Consulate@fco.gov.uk
......... but I think you have to send the decree absolute, old passport and your birth certificate and state in the other information section that you are reverting to your maiden name.
Once your passport is changed the residencia is easy just fill out the same form and pay the fee etc as you did before and take your new passport and old residencia which will be exchanged for a new one in your new name.

carpenter
28-12-2011, 10:37
Easiest way would be to find a trusted friend in the UK to get the name change form for you, they would send it to you, you fill it out with your friends address and you send it back to your friend with payment and documents and they then post it from the UK. Job done!
Be warned, being on the island without a passport or an expired passport in not permitted so keep a low profile during the transfer.

Zara
28-12-2011, 12:36
I was told we could renew our passports through the British Consulate who visits Lloyds Bank in CC Fañabe. If this is correct they will probably be able to advise on name change too. I have not tried yet thought I would leave it until the New Year.

carpenter
28-12-2011, 12:59
The last couple of passports that I have seen that have been issued by the consulate have received comments such as "I've seen better forgeries" by UK Immigration

Goldenmaniac
28-12-2011, 14:03
I was told we could renew our passports through the British Consulate who visits Lloyds Bank in CC Fañabe. If this is correct they will probably be able to advise on name change too. I have not tried yet thought I would leave it until the New Year.
You can only obtain an emergency passport from the consulate
Have a look here http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports