PDA

View Full Version : Apartments Cristian Sur Apartments, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

slodgedad
09-06-2011, 00:13
Have you stayed at this hotel or complex.

How was it...Did you enjoy your stay...What were the amenities like..etc?

Write a review to give others an idea of where to stay on their jollies

murph
13-06-2011, 15:33
Have you stayed at this hotel or complex.

How was it...Did you enjoy your stay...What were the amenities like..etc?

Write a review to give others an idea of where to stay on their jollies

Stayed here on a number of occasions and returning in August. Also have friends who own apartments here. It is a very well maintained complex, populated with lovely 'green' areas. It has two entirely separate pools, which include shallow children's areas. There are plenty of sun-loungers, yet they still cause the biggest problem. Firstly, they get 'unlocked' at around 8-30, which leads to a stampede and the reprehensible act of reserving them with towels etc :fryingpan:. Secondly, there are a number of 'Residents' staying here, who have access to their own 'privado' sun loungers - causing a bit of confusion sometimes.

On site there is a snack bar / restaurant, whose quality has varied over the years but in general provides good food and good value. The bar prices have traditionally dearer than the bars to be found locally.

There is a pool table for the kids and a laundry room with baggage storage area and unusual 'Dungeon Toilets' (as my kids have named them).

There are two other shops on site. One a little general store, the other makes sandwiches, supplies fresh bread and is more of a deli.

The apartments are mostly privately owned and, as such can vary in quality, decoration and newness of appliances quite widely, however we have never been completely disappointed!

Be Warned - there are steps to most of the apartments and no lifts!

There is a reception at the front and a management company on site, which also arranges excursions, car hire and money exchange etc. This changed hands last year and we have not had any contact with the new owners yet so can't comment

More or less on-site is the superb 'El Brasero' restaurant - known to most as Carlos's - serving local Canarian Fayre amongst other things. Over the road is a Chinese restaurant and a number of bars offering sports coverage, music etc at very reasonable prices. Alternatively, a 10 / 15 minute stroll (reasonably flat) will get you to the front and numerous bars and restaurants.

All in all a great complex in a great spot!

lancslad
30-06-2011, 08:19
ive stayed at these apartments a few times,and have to agree with murph regarding the quality and decoration of the apartments.

however i would recommend there apartments as a great place to stay.

justa quick money saving tip esp if going away with children,they made a charge for use of the remote control for the tv.
so consider buying a universal remote(cheap as chips at asda),tune it in to the telly and away you go.

fixer
30-06-2011, 17:23
reserving them with towels etc . Secondly, there are a number of 'Residents' staying here, who have access to their own 'privado' sun loungers - causing a bit of confusion sometimes.

The reason for the private sun beds is simple the owners paid for all the free to use sun beds and there should be new signs going up telling people not to resrve sun beds but will not stop them happens in most complexes. Cristian sur is a nice complex nice Gardens one of the reasons i bought there and of course you can let legaly!as its touristic .

murph
26-07-2011, 17:39
reserving them with towels etc . Secondly, there are a number of 'Residents' staying here, who have access to their own 'privado' sun loungers - causing a bit of confusion sometimes.

The reason for the private sun beds is simple the owners paid for all the free to use sun beds and there should be new signs going up telling people not to resrve sun beds but will not stop them happens in most complexes. Cristian sur is a nice complex nice Gardens one of the reasons i bought there and of course you can let legaly!as its touristic .

Wasn't meant to be a criticism Fixer - more an observation.

beekay
26-07-2011, 19:09
We have stayed at the Cristian Sur once only and IMO it is not as nice as the Tenerife Sur on the oposite side of the road where we have stayed about 15 times or so. If you are staying at the CS, you can use the facilities at the TS and vise versa as they are sister hotels.

marbro8
26-07-2011, 19:19
we booked the cristian sur with laterooms.com last year for 3 days as a surprise prezzy for my wife's sister and her hubby's 40th birthdays, the apartment was lovely although a bit dated, on 2 floors so we had plenty of privacy, the only issue we had was the tank was not big enough for all of us to have hot water at the same time, so when having a shower to go out, by the time i had mine it was cold, so if there are 4 of you sharing then either stagger the showers or only shower for 5 mins each at the most

beekay
26-07-2011, 19:26
Two options here Marbro8, make sure you get in the shower first, or shower together ^..^

Loaded
26-07-2011, 19:35
There are 2 sides to Cristianos sur: HG and Atlantic horizons - HG is the side you'll be able to book online at late rooms etc and Atlantic horizons are more personal and hands on plus I'd imagine a little cheaper as they aren't paying 15-25% commission to OTAs.

The new people at AH are the Wakenshaws and they are very friendly!

marbro8
26-07-2011, 19:45
Two options here Marbro8, make sure you get in the shower first, or shower together ^..^ i tried to but my sister in law screamed the place down:eyebrows:

beekay
26-07-2011, 20:12
i tried to but my sister in law screamed the place down:eyebrows:

But you will tell me that her hubby was up for it :lol:

fixer
26-07-2011, 23:41
Actualy there are two private management companys who operate on the complex as well Hotels Gestion Atlantic Horizons and Tenerife South who do most of the privatley owned apartments between them all apartments including mine are registered through the hotel.
As i allready said i think Cristian Sur is nicer than Tenerife Sur the gardens in particular but both are nice complexes but apartments are completley diffirent.