PDA

View Full Version : Other Its time to come home...

YOUNG GOLFER
28-12-2011, 14:28
Well thats Xmas out of the way now for another year a bit of a mixed bag for me....not the best of starts.
Flight to Stansted was on time arrived at 4pm..everything up til now was fine then comes the nightmare.

Took me a hour to find my wifes dad who was waiting for me in the car park..was very cold so not best pleased but did find him in the end only for him to tell me the car wont start:confused: as its a newish car... anyway AA came out asked ME if i knew the driver to which i said yes its my wifes dad i said why whats up he said well you might not be talking to him for a while as he has just filled the car up with Petrol and as you can guess its a diesel:(.
AA said they have vans that can drain it but that would be in about 16hours :mad: 16 hours you must be joking anyway the AA man knew some one who knew someone and he came out a couple hours later cost of £195.
So not the best start to my break mind you ladies in charge of the short stay let us off with the car parking fees...God knows what that would of been.
Next day stuck in Traffic for 1 hour and 30mins on the way to driving up to my wifes Grans house had to turn around when we could as it looked like a bad crash.
Rest of the break was the norm Family,food ,games ect.
Will pop back up to the pub again tonight before we head home but the price of a pint is taking the ....£3.90 a pint whats that all about:nono: anyone who complains about the price of beer in Tenerife might want to go out in the Uk for a drink.
Anyway looking forward to comming home.
See you soon.:)

Carol55
28-12-2011, 14:35

Now you know why we like to escape to Tenerife a few times a year.:sunny::wine::sunburn:

YOUNG GOLFER
28-12-2011, 14:42
Just worked it out a normal pub in the UK nothing special charging 4euros 50 cents a pint....seen in Asda 15 small bottle beers for 7 pounds now you wonder whay people stay at home to drink.
Yes Carol55 i see why you want to be in Tenerife it is a lot cheaper.
Just like to add the beer i drank was Fosters and a pint of San Miguel lol told the land lady its about £1.30 a pint in Tenerife for the same drink.

marbro8
28-12-2011, 15:53
Just worked it out a normal pub in the UK nothing special charging 4euros 50 cents a pint....seen in Asda 15 small bottle beers for 7 pounds now you wonder whay people stay at home to drink.
Yes Carol55 i see why you want to be in Tenerife it is a lot cheaper.
Just like to add the beer i drank was Fosters and a pint of San Miguel lol told the land lady its about £1.30 a pint in Tenerife for the same drink.no, in tenerife it is the real 5.4% abv over here it is brewed under lisence at 5.00% abv:wink: