PDA

View Full Version : I want to adopt a dog in Tenerife.

the_kat
29-12-2011, 15:46
can someone please tell me who to contact in regards to adopting a dog, as k9 aren't answering their phone and Arico hasn't answered my request over a lab bitch.

simonhyde
29-12-2011, 16:29
Hi, I have 2 dogs that badly need new homes, I have sent you a PM!

Tom & Sharon
29-12-2011, 16:31
Have you tried LiveArico's website? http://www.livearico.org/

Or try forum member Andy 0210,i think he's currently fostering a couple of dogs?

tonypub
29-12-2011, 17:11
try this charity http://www.dogswelfaretrusttenerife.com/

garlicbread
29-12-2011, 17:56
or have a look at this thread here

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?12346-URGENT-Two-puppies-wandering-near-the-Harbour-Club-Los-Gigantes

Apollo
29-12-2011, 18:05
Hi, I have sent you a PM.

cressrt
29-12-2011, 19:14
We are currently fostering a Mum and 9 pups, she is a Golden Labrador about 18 -24 months old, and the pups are mixed, if you are interested in any pictures let us know.

timmylish
29-12-2011, 19:36
I find it strange after repeated calls for people to take dogs from the homes here, when a member does want to take one she cannot contact any of them!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

helhod
29-12-2011, 20:16
All i can say to anyone who wants to adopt a dog 'make sure it is for life ' and if you leave the island take the pet with you x

Catty
29-12-2011, 20:18
can someone please tell me who to contact in regards to adopting a dog, as k9 aren't answering their phone and Arico hasn't answered my request over a lab bitch.

Give K9 a ring tomorrow and they will answer, best before 2pm. There wasn't any female labs last week, but they do have a mix male lab, 10 years old, lovely and melllow.

chocaholic
29-12-2011, 20:23
Visit www.dogswelfaretrusttenerife.com They will be able to help you

SuzyQ
29-12-2011, 22:20
Where did you request one from live Arico please? The website contacts come to me and I haven't received anything. Also nothing on our Facebook page which I check twice a day at least?
Let me know, and in the meantime I will find out what we have.
Thanks.

caroletenerife
29-12-2011, 22:33

Hi Kat
Check your Facebook post on Live Arico site, i think someone answered your request 2 hours after you posted it

SuzyQ
29-12-2011, 22:46
Ah yes, I see it now, I didn't make the connection as it doesn't mention a lab, just a medium to large bitch. Thought it odd we could have let one slip through the net. I have invited you to meet me on Saturday afternoon Kat, about 2pm. Let me know if ok. Oh, and when you post on Facebook remember to check back later, lol. :D

warmwind
29-12-2011, 22:57
Hi Kat,

I have pm'd you with a number of someone who has a female lab puppy, who needs a home.

Ana from Live Arico asked me to pm you.

Goodluck :)

the_kat
30-12-2011, 01:13
thank you for all the replies, but think I've found 'the one' will hopefully meet her next week, if she gets on with Badger we would like to adopt her, if not I will get in touch xxxxx

Ian_N
30-12-2011, 01:27
Why dont the websites for the various charities have the pics of the dogs up as wouldnt it be better if you fancy a certain dog on there enquiring about that dog rather than having to go upto the kennels.
Not being funny but if someone wants a small or medium dog they can just keep an eye on the site rather than possible visiting all the time.

SuzyQ
30-12-2011, 02:06
Youre absolutely right Ian. Whilst our facebook page adoption list is pretty much up to date, we are sadly lacking on the website department. Not enough of us doing too much work. But we´re on it, promise :)

slodgedad
30-12-2011, 02:31
Why dont the websites for the various charities have the pics of the dogs up as wouldnt it be better if you fancy a certain dog on there enquiring about that dog rather than having to go upto the kennels.
Not being funny but if someone wants a small or medium dog they can just keep an eye on the site rather than possible visiting all the time.

All of the work done by these amazing people is voluntary and it would be fantastic to have this happen, I agree.

Only so many unpaid hours in a day.

warmwind
30-12-2011, 10:29

I do try to keep a selection of doggies for adoption on my website Tenerifedogs.com (http://www.tenerifedogs.com/) but I relie on the refuges sending me pictures and as has already being said the refuges which are mostly run by people on a voluntary basis are very busy.

Anyhow, adopting a dog is a big commitment and though I agree it would be nice to have a list of all the doggies for adoption readily available, having to visit the various kennels a few times to select a pooch shows some effort on part of the new owner, which isn't a bad thing.

tonypub
30-12-2011, 10:51
All of the work done by these amazing people is voluntary and it would be fantastic to have this happen, I agree.

Only so many unpaid hours in a day.if only they was all voluntary:whistle:

SuzyQ
30-12-2011, 11:33
Do you refer to Live Arico Tony? I am more than happy to publish who gets paid what. As I have said before, I am fortunate to have well paid night job which gives me time in the day to work free for LA, others are not in such a position. We have people shoveling poo for 8 hours a day in the refuge, it is their only job so yes, they get something, but they won't be making it into the Times Rich List, lol. Ask the employees of the RSPCA how much they get paid, bet its way more ;)

tonypub
30-12-2011, 11:39
ive not said anyone specifically.i know it occurs with lots of charitys in the uk aswell.

SuzyQ
30-12-2011, 16:09
Sadly, it's impossible to care for 400 dogs and run three charity shops purely on volunteers. :)

s1monsg
30-12-2011, 22:15
Oh dear, what a pity, I thought it was going too well...surprise surprise...yet another Live Arico thread being slated. Yes Tony, most of the people are volunteers but as Suzy says some people are paid a small amount, but as far as I know it isn't anywhere near what these people deserve for the responsibility that they have and also the type of work that they do. It's a full time job, but certainly not a full time money. I've been there many times clearing dog poo for 8 hours and I come home knackered, why not come up with me next time to do it too and see if you think that those that do get paid their pittance and live with the dogs up there are worth their weight. I can't talk about any other charities in the UK as I don't know, but really, if you need some people to be there regularly, some need to be paid.

Anyway I will now post what I was going to post before the thread got taken off course...

Back to the original posters comments and the general feeling of the thread regarding the photos on the Live Arico site...I hear ya...!!! Sorry, I've just taken over some of the responsibility of the site and I have said to Sue that I would upload some pictures of some of the dogs...I really want to add some ages and sexes and breeds of dogs too, but at the moment I don't have that info...also I have to say that these photos are about 2 weeks old, so some of them may have been re-homed as things are improving up there day by day and they have taken on a massive responsibility in trying to concentrate on getting as many people to re-home dogs from Live Arico as possible. Also when you look at some of the photos, they are a bit out of shape...but that's also being sorted.

I will get the site added to over time, but if there are any enquiries, you can PM me or Suzy or go to the Facebook page for Live Arico as they are the ones with their fingers on the pulse about who is available and who has been re-homed already.

Thanks.

SuzyQ
31-12-2011, 00:25
Thanks SImon x

Ian_N
31-12-2011, 01:59
Not saying any wrong here but Aricos website looks impressive but no dogs can be viewed on the site.
Type in K9s brings up all the dogs to be viewed people may or may not want a dog but can view from a distance and make there mind up if they want it.
Both charities are well or as good as it gets funded but one doesnt show its dogs in need on the website the other one does.
Should not that be number 1 getting there faces out there.
I gave plenty of money in Iceland but didnt see any dog faces etc on the buckets why not.

tonypub
31-12-2011, 02:59
where have i mentioned live arico?

Added after 3 minutes:

where have i mentioned live arico?or any other charity?schitzo?

the_kat
31-12-2011, 09:39
right can you all please stop bickering about this, i started a thread to say I wanted to home a dog, have found one who will hopefully settle in my home, this has now gone totally off topic!!!!

tonypub
31-12-2011, 10:28
so thread closed:)

s1monsg
31-12-2011, 10:45
@Ian_N...new pics now on the site, hopefully more to come soon ;)

@Kat...well said, thanks.

SuzyQ
31-12-2011, 12:01
You didn't mention LA Tony, that was why I asked if you referred to LA, it plants a seed which I then would have to deal with. I would rather be clear before people start putting two and two together and coming up with five. That's all. We are completely self funding, if we lose support we lose that funding and no one, no one will be there to save the day. So forgive me for being quick off the mark, I have to be.
Ian, as Simon says he is on it with the website so bear with us. In defence, the Facebook page is up to date and with almost 4000 followers we have tended to us that more as a way of connecting with the public and rehoming. Thanks for the Iceland money by the way. :)

Sundowner
08-01-2012, 23:38
if only they was all voluntary:whistle:

That's Tonypub in the doghouse :wink2: