PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic IKEA private delivery service

carpenter
29-12-2011, 21:22
I found this Swedish guy who offers an amazing service (please no jokes) I needed over €2500 worth of furniture and oddments picked up from IKEA and delivered to the Golf.

For a very low fee (much lower than IKEA delivery) he drove up, collected and checked off each individual item, from a king size bed down to an egg whisk then safely delivered it at a time we agreed and brought it all in to the apartment and then helped re check the list.

I've never found such care and attention to such work and I cannot recommend him enough.

His name is Jonas and if you need him to carry out anything similar then please PM me and I'll put you in touch.

imablue
29-12-2011, 23:43
good to know ..may well be of use to some peeps in the future.....:)

garlicbread
30-12-2011, 00:03
I think you'll find that Forum member Andy0210 offers the same service

Andy0210
30-12-2011, 00:16
I think you'll find that Forum member Andy0210 offers the same service

Thanks GB, yep i do and do exactly the same regarding the service ie, checking the items and taking care and delivering the goods and i am also much cheaper than the Ikea delivery service, quite surprised Carpenter had to find someone to do this when i used him last week to fit a new wood floor in the back of the van. ???

carpenter
30-12-2011, 01:25
Thanks GB, yep i do and do exactly the same regarding the service ie, checking the items and taking care and delivering the goods and i am also much cheaper than the Ikea delivery service, quite surprised Carpenter had to find someone to do this when i used him last week to fit a new wood floor in the back of the van. ???
Sorry Andy last thing I wanted was to muscle in on your enterprise.:)

atlantico
30-12-2011, 11:40
Ikea charge ? Last time I used them for €2k worth of stuff it was free ! 9 years ago mind you !

chifleta
30-12-2011, 14:53
Ikea charge ? Last time I used them for €2k worth of stuff it was free ! 9 years ago mind you !

they charge a minimum starting price of 40€ for delivery in the South ..... :mad:

garlicbread
30-12-2011, 17:46
A friend of mine had a king size mattress delivered to Guia de Isora and the charge from IKEA was €80, about a month ago.

Andy0210
30-12-2011, 21:25
Ikea delivery service is mental, they have different zones and different prices and the weird thing is its one of the few places that the more you spend the more you pay for delivery, i do so many Ikea collections i am on first name terms with most of the collection area staff. :)

Madelene B
15-06-2013, 20:41
Hi Carpenter
I was not able to send you a PM, that option was not available. Can you put me in contact with Jonas? Thanks!!

TenerifeTeddy
15-06-2013, 23:16
Hi Carpenter
I was not able to send you a PM, that option was not available. Can you put me in contact with Jonas? Thanks!!

If you look at the date of the last post it was December 2011. I don't know about Jonas, but Andy0210 is still around and I can highly recommend him.

Suej
16-06-2013, 10:27
I read in the paper this week that Ikea are opening in the South in Las Chafiras! not sure it will be quite as big as the one in Santa Cruz though! :)

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2013, 13:31
They do nice bathroom towel rails, don't they Susief ...............:whistle::D

Have you had that little joke ladies ?

lesbroz
16-06-2013, 20:01
I read in the paper this week that Ikea are opening in the South in Las Chafiras! not sure it will be quite as big as the one in Santa Cruz though! :)

Drove past Las Chafiras on the way to the airport yesterday and saw the IKEA sign about 4 doors down from Textile Sur. Doesn't look too big though!

primrose
16-06-2013, 20:39
Drove past Las Chafiras on the way to the airport yesterday and saw the IKEA sign about 4 doors down from Textile Sur. Doesn't look too big though!

They were talking about it when I went in Iceland the other day, and they said not a normal Ikea Store, Just somewhere you can place orders and they will be delivered from Ikea in the North.Just passing on what I was told.

tfs1
17-06-2013, 09:33
Just somewhere you can place orders and they will be delivered from Ikea in the North

Good info - and ok if you know what you want. We will have to wait and see if this remote ordering option works for IKEA.

miss_purple
23-06-2013, 20:51
Oh this made me smile, I have been wondering how to hire a van to do my ikea run, i have been nervous enough about the thought of driving on the wrong side of the road never mind in a van..

andy can you tell me how much you would charge to do a small run, sofa and some storage to los cris please?

many thanks :)

Andy0210
24-06-2013, 10:38
Pm sent Miss Purple.

jpb
03-07-2013, 22:18
Have been there a week ago. They said you can order (direct or web) & take items the day after.