PDA

View Full Version : Places/shops/services you would recommend in Tenerife

CIM
09-06-2011, 02:11
Theres a thread about places you would avoid here:
Places to avoid / watch out for in Tenerife (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1217-Places-to-avoid-watch-out-for-in-Tenerife.)

So, on the flip side, please add places, people, services or whatever that you would recommend. There are already threads about all the bars and restaurants so leave those out but anyone/anything else that you think has given exceptionally good value for money or a great service - beyond your expectations.

IŽll go first:

Spanish Style - great for buying booze. The prices in these places are fantastic. They have a large Spanish Style shop in Adeje which I go to if I am up shopping in Makro but there are also little mini-markets dotted around which give the same prices. Even those in the resorts (one next door to El Dorado in Las Americas and another downstairs from Hotel La Nina in Torviscas) offer by far and away the best prices around for alcohol and soft drinks.
Not sure how they compare on tobacco as I dont smoke but the prices offered in every Spanish Style I have been to have never failed to impress me!
Big thumbs up!

conway
09-06-2011, 06:23
Visanta for electrical goods and advice. There was one in Torviscus which has gone but there's one underneath one of the Parque santiagos (one with the red carpets). Probably one of the only places I would buy electrical goods from whilst in Tenerife, a proper shop with branches all over the canaries and mainland.

chocaholic
09-06-2011, 07:26
Libra Shoes in Pueblo Canario go that extra mile when it comes to great service.

astara
09-06-2011, 09:22
The live arico charity shops in silencio, los cristianos, & St.Eugenio always have some great bargains - household items, ladies clothes, shorts, tops, kiddies clothes, beach stuff etc... Service with a smile always..... lol

with cheese
09-06-2011, 09:29
I would give a big thumbs up to the excursions, car rentals and money exchange place underneath Amanda's bar, not sure of the geezers name but you may know him.

Jollypolly
09-06-2011, 10:15
Hi, I can recommend Nevada in Callao Salvaje (next to the Eclipse) for all electric gadgets, telephones, tv's and all associated electric bits and pieces. Suresh the owner has been in the village for years and has built up a good business by offering good advice and quality electric items.

onelegnofeet
09-06-2011, 11:30
Needeless to say TENERIFESUNSHINE for tickets and excursions ,fantastic staff and company second to non .....................wonder if i will get a discount when they read this ???:hat::hat:

ACTIVE MOBILITY for scooter/wheelchair hire ,after using others i found this to be a fantastic company nothings a problem or to much trouble from Derek and his excellent team you can contact them on ........info@activemobility.tenerife.co.uk
or call 0034 9222 789707 .
they offer the best discounts and prices ,no delivery charges ,and big big smiles ..................WELL DONE :D:D

emskie
09-06-2011, 12:14
wonder if i will get a discount when they read this

Of course ;)

timmylish
09-06-2011, 13:49
I have to give SysWer, the computer experts, sadly who now only have a shop in Santa Cruz, main city area. I asked them to build me a new computer, to my own spec. most of which they had never before carried due to the latest CPU etc I wished and which no-one on Tenerife stocked at the time.
Built my machine in 3 weeks, in addition to the guarantees on offer from the companies like Intel, Asus etc they have given me a 3 (!) years guarantee on the whole build. Done exactly to schedule and to say that I,ve been delighted with the machine is an understatement. Engineers on site in the event of any problems and me wanting further up-grades etc. (Ram) being the only likely up-grade ever needed.
I recommend them very, very highly. Only Spanish spoken.

CIM
09-06-2011, 13:54
It was a shame they closed in Los Cristianos - used to buy from there myself. I am wanting my next machine built. Been upgrading this one for 3 years but will get a new one the end of this year I think. Where are they in Santa Cruz?

timmylish
09-06-2011, 14:03
Cim, I,ve got it logged into my Google maps so, later this evening, I,ll post it on here. There are now four shops in a row owned by SysWer. Each one related to different things ie. Sales/Service/Accountancy/Gen. Office. Its interesting that when we have gone its always one of the directors of the company who actually deals with your needs, well certainly when it comes to a new purchase.

Theres a thread about places you would avoid here:
Places to avoid / watch out for in Tenerife (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1217-Places-to-avoid-watch-out-for-in-Tenerife.)

So, on the flip side, please add places, people, services or whatever that you would recommend. There are already threads about all the bars and restaurants so leave those out but anyone/anything else that you think has given exceptionally good value for money or a great service - beyond your expectations.

IŽll go first:

Spanish Style - great for buying booze. The prices in these places are fantastic. They have a large Spanish Style shop in Adeje which I go to if I am up shopping in Makro but there are also little mini-markets dotted around which give the same prices. Even those in the resorts (one next door to El Dorado in Las Americas and another downstairs from Hotel La Nina in Torviscas) offer by far and away the best prices around for alcohol and soft drinks.
Not sure how they compare on tobacco as I dont smoke but the prices offered in every Spanish Style I have been to have never failed to impress me!
Big thumbs up!

As I,ve said on the other thread Spanish Style has always been my first port of call. If they do have a weekness its on quality wine. They are not really in that market.

delderek
09-06-2011, 14:13
Visanta for electrical goods and advice. There was one in Torviscus which has gone but there's one underneath one of the Parque santiagos (one with the red carpets). Probably one of the only places I would buy electrical goods from whilst in Tenerife, a proper shop with branches all over the canaries and mainland.

Agreed, there is also a branch in the Safari centre.

timmylish
09-06-2011, 17:25
CIM. If you open up Google and in the Search then Fly to and type in SysWer Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain then it will show you exactly where it is. Hope I,ve done it correctly! If not let me have an email address so I can send you it that way.

I see that after me placing it on Google in February one other has used this to find SysWer. Handy!
Alternative. Just got to Google and type in Syswer Informatica.

Bazz
09-06-2011, 17:47
Red Arrow Exchange

Recommend if you are holidaying in the area around Mare Nostrum use Red Arrow Exchange. It's down the side of Compostella Beach apartments. You can also book tours, phone home, use the 'net, buy books, etc. - a genuine, truly helpful guy. ;):mexicanwave:

Pinkyjo
09-06-2011, 17:54
Libra Shoes in Pueblo Canario go that extra mile when it comes to great service.

I love the shoes in there because obviously you can't have too many pairs of shoes :lol::lol:

LindaD
09-06-2011, 18:16
The live arico charity shops in silencio, los cristianos, & St.Eugenio always have some great bargains - household items, ladies clothes, shorts, tops, kiddies clothes, beach stuff etc... Service with a smile always..... lol

I'll agree with that Astara - the two blokes who were working in the shop in Los Cris the day I was in were very friendly and helpful!!

Balcony
16-11-2011, 18:22
Our apartment is in Los Cristianos and I have to recommend Ferriteria Caribe by the Valdes Centre. Always helpful

9PLUS
16-11-2011, 18:51
Agreed, there is also a branch in the Safari centre.

I agree Visanta is good but having a shop in the Safari centre they don't have...