PDA

View Full Version : Higher taxes on their way for Spain

chocaholic
30-12-2011, 20:19
Higher Taxes

The government, which made campaign promises to promote saving, said today it will raise levies on income from savings and on property. A temporary additional income tax will start at 0.75 percent for the lowest earners, rising to 4 percent for those earning 53,407 euros a year and 7 percent for those on 300,000 euros or more.

The additional levy on revenue from savings starts at 2 percent tax on income of as much as 6,000 euros, rising to 4 percent above that and 6 percent on income above 24,000 euros.

A freeze on civil servants' wages will remain in place and their working week will stretch to 37.5 hours from 35. Pensioners will receive a 1 percent increase, a move that will cost 1.4 billion euros, and the government will also maintain a special 400-euro-a-month unemployment benefit, a popular measure in a country where almost one in four people is jobless. It will bring back a rebate for mortgage-holders.

Full article here http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/12/30/bloomberg_articlesLX12FL0D9L35.DTL

9PLUS
30-12-2011, 20:59
These are good measures towards a brighter future in Spain.

We have to pull together and not just think of ourselves.

I will gladly pay a little extra if i can see positive results

I would like to see civil servants working a minimum of 40 hours a week and a cut in their lazy daizy way of working

Tighten up Spain

tonypub
30-12-2011, 21:23
These are good measures towards a brighter future in Spain.

We have to pull together and not just think of ourselves.

I will gladly pay a little extra if i can see positive results

I would like to see civil servants working a minimum of 40 hours a week and a cut in their lazy daizy way of working

Tighten up Spainid just like to see them working:whistle:

9PLUS
30-12-2011, 21:44
id just like to see them working:whistle:

Actually i was in the Camara today for 60 minutes exactly. My question and his answer took 5 to 6 minutes the rest of the time i was waiting for him to get off the phone cause he was chatting with who ever about Facebook andNew Years eve

un poco de seriedad por favor

cainaries
30-12-2011, 23:55
I'm a bit puzzled here. Our Ayuntamiento opens at 8 and shuts at 2 which is 6 hours x 5 days is 30 hours ( never mind half an hour for breakfast) - as far as I am aware those are 'full-time' jobs. Local Post Office works same hours. Indeed another Ayuntamiento doesn't open on Wednesdays because the staff are suffering from stress. As I understand it they are still being paid to work 5 days. I have used the verb 'to work' but I should have written 'are present in their offices'.

9PLUS
31-12-2011, 04:23
That brings me onto another ordeal whilst waiting for a paper - 2 Hours and 20 minutes

Towhall south, 14 women in an office/department chatting about yet again Facebook & Tenderete

Just after an hour there were 21 people in that office doing the samething

Not one scrap of work was done in that time

Then 6 of them left for a coffee in the bar across the road

Lovely people though

I kid you not

chocaholic
31-12-2011, 09:32
A freeze on civil servants' wages will remain in place and their working week will stretch to 37.5 hours from 35.

I agree how much work they get done in those hours is a very poor output.

As well as the increase on taxes on those that are already paying, me included, I wish theyd clamp down and go after those working illegally not putting a penny into the system. Lets face it there are thousands.
Also clamp down tax wise on all those renting holiday and long lets without paying tax.
Pehaps these measures could help Spain get back on track and makethe austeritymeasuresk and make peoplea little happier about the austerity measures.

redarrow
31-12-2011, 13:05
Not just people working illegally, but so much going on under their noses. All the unlicensed money changing in the mini markets and jewellery shops. None of this is declared. Seeing as Spain is regarded as the money laundering capital of the world, I am amazed that the Police or anyone for that matter just don't even bother to put a stop to it.