PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy birthday cakes in the supermarket in Puerto Colon?

CWalters
30-12-2011, 23:46
we are coming to Tenerife with friends in the next couple of weeks, whilst we are there it is my boyfriends birthday and I would like to get him a cake, where is the best place to buy a nice one no more than 20 euros, thanks

anniemc
31-12-2011, 00:05
You really can't buy birthday cakes as you would expect them here in Tenerife if you are looking for something with icing etc. There are plenty of gateau type cakes in the chiller in the mercadona in San Eugenio, it all depends what you want! I'm not sure if Iceland do a celebration cake, but you would probably have to go to PLA or Chafiras. Hope this helps.

AL JAY
31-12-2011, 02:31
There is a forum member who makes birthday cakes but i can't remember who it is,Im sure someone will know!

Leam_Lin
31-12-2011, 10:22
we are coming to Tenerife with friends in the next couple of weeks, whilst we are there it is my boyfriends birthday and I would like to get him a cake, where is the best place to buy a nice one no more than 20 euros, thanks

On a previous post,it was posted about a new cake shop opposite La Pinta hotel, perhaps someone else has got the details.

Jackie
31-12-2011, 10:26
Forum member Pixie17 makes fabulous cakes and I'm sure could make one for your budget. Failing that all Mercadona supermarkets do birthday/celebration cakes.

CWalters
31-12-2011, 13:17
Thanks everyone i will pop to the mercadona and check out the shop opposite La Pinta as that is where i am staying