PDA

View Full Version : Finance What's the current exchange rate in Tenerife?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

tfs1
02-03-2015, 16:00
1.3520 seems to be the best you can get today, I walk by a few and fados always seem to pay the best rate so as usual gave them my business again

Through the tunnel and just before the tourist info place on Las Vistas beach are a couple of places offering 1.355 but its a bit of a walk from the Fados end just for that extra 0.003 unless you are changing big sums.

Like you we always go to the Fados one to exchange money.

Ecky Thump
03-03-2015, 11:16
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3731

The euro posted strong gains throughout yesterday morning and early-afternoon despite the UK manufacturing PMI seeing an increase above the expected result. As manufacturing PMI hit 54.1, a seven-month high, the preliminary Eurozone inflation estimate rose above -0.6% and hit -0.3%. Strong euro figures are likely to bring exaggerated strength as confidence is slowly restored now that Greece have agreed an extension.
Today’s focus will be solely on the UK as construction PMI is due out this morning and will be quickly followed by a testimony by Carney on the currency probe. Construction figures are forecast to drop off slightly from 59.1 to 59.0 but after yesterday’s solid figures, traders may be hoping for a stronger result.

In a close call, the Royal Bank of Australia held their bank rate at 2.25%, many analysts had predicted a 25bp cut. This move reflects their conservative nature and Glenn Stevens said that “further easing of policy may be appropriate over the period ahead”. Strong gains were posted by the Aussie against counterparts despite dovish sentiment. Solid ground was also covered by the euro as pressure has been lifted off the single currency now that Greece is out the spotlight. Gains were supported as the Eurozone CPI flash estimate rose to -0.3%, above the forecast -0.5%; the estimates for individual components showed a rise in the Energy annual rate from -9.3% to -7.9%, an optimistic sign for the future of Eurozone inflation. Our focus for today will be on UK construction PMI at 09:30, followed by a speech from Carney at 10:00, then the GDP figures out of Canada at 13:30 and finally the GDT price index from New Zealand. With strong figures forecast for Canada’s monthly GDP, Loonie gains could be seen, especially in anticipation of the bank holding the overnight rate at tomorrow’s announcement. UK construction PMI is forecast to fall slightly but the real focus for the UK data week will be on tomorrow’s services PMI, Sterling strength could be seen in anticipation of a strong result.

CactonFX are offering €1.3425 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3186 to the £ on their Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
04-03-2015, 13:01
More Good News for The British Tenerife Holiday Visitor.

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3795

Another solid result from UK data saw construction PMI rise to 60.1 from 59.1 and this rate climbed half a cent. The euro quickly recovered lost ground but a Sterling bounce saw another push towards 1.376. Construction activity saw the sharpest climb in four months and was led by the fastest increase in new orders since October 2014.
Services PMI is often seen as the most important of the three PMI releases and with an improvement forecast, the pound could continue to gain on the euro. Eurozone retail sales, which will be released soon after the PMI data, is likely to be overshadowed but if a loss is registered as predicted, could lend a hand to Sterling gains.

A strong gain in UK construction PMI failed to support Sterling gains as the dollar continued to strengthen against counterparts and traders invested in this safe haven currency. The rise in construction was the sharpest in four months and analysts said the result was in line with recent positive sentiment however risks lie ahead as orders could subdue on the back of uncertainty prior to the general election. Data around the world was similarly strong as Canadian GDP rose by 0.3% compared to the month before and the NZ GDT price index saw the sixth consecutive rise. The final of the three UK sectors will release their PMI data today and services is often considered to be the most significant. A forecast rise from 57.2 to 57.6 is likely to lend a hand to Sterling gains. The US ADP employment figures at 13:15 should be taken with a pinch of salt as they often miss predictions, following this the US non-manufacturing PMI figures and Canadian rate statement will be released at 15:00. Whilst analysts are generally in agreement that the Bank of Canada will hold rates at 0.75%, more dovish traders see a cut as a real possibility and we therefore anticipate Loonie volatility before this release.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3470 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3202 to the £ on their Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
05-03-2015, 10:48
:
The Pound Still Climbs.

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3806

A climb of just under a cent was seen yesterday morning in anticipation of a strong figure from UK services PMI, unfortunately this was not registered and the figure actually decreased to 56.7. Whilst a decline was seen, employment rose at the second-fastest rate since the survey began and all three PMI surveys combined signalled an acceleration in economic growth.
This morning’s BoE bank rate and asset purchase facility announcements are likely to be passed over quickly as our main focus for the day will be on the ECB press conference this afternoon. As there was no conference in February this will be the first since the announcement of quantitative easing and the ECB will provide the details for their scheme. If traders are satisfied with the levels of optimism and confidence the ECB portray, then there is the potential for strong euro movements.

The final of the three UK sectors released their data yesterday in the form of services PMI. A rise was predicted from 57.2 to 57.6 but instead a fall to 56.7 was seen. The three sectors combined saw a slight acceleration in economic growth, driven by the construction and manufacturing expansion increases. New jobs also rose to the second-fastest rate since records began. USD strength continued yesterday despite ADP non-farm employment change falling below predictions and the Loonie gained significantly as the Bank of Canada held the overnight rate. Today will bring the UK official bank rate at 12:00, Eurozone ECB press conference and US unemployment claims at 13:30 and the Canadian Ivey PMI at 15:00. The main focus of the day will be on the ECB press conference as the bank is due to give details on the Eurozone’s upcoming quantitative easing scheme. Potential for strong euro movements if particularly hawkish.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3497 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3310 to the £ on their Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2015, 12:24
The Pound holds and rises against Euro challenge.
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3820

Heavy volatility was seen yesterday during the ECB conference in which Draghi readied the Eurozone for the start of quantitative easing and announced the inflation target is within reach. Eurozone forecasts were revised upwards with growth increased from 1% to 1.5% and set to hit 2.1% in 2017 whilst inflation is set to fall before late-2015 until it rises to 1.8% in 2017. The day closed with Sterling having recovered all lost ground.
No data out of either country today will allow traders to digest yesterday’s news. Slight euro gains have been made in this morning’s session but Sterling resistance is likely to continue.

Draghi’s optimism saw volatility throughout euro markets as Eurozone growth and CPI forecasts were revised up across the board and he announced that QE is ready to go with no changes being made to their initial plan. Whilst he warned that low, negative inflation figures will be seen this year, the ECB predicted that a rise would begin in late-2015 and the 2% goal is within reach. Euro strength was seen during Draghi’s speech however these failed to hold and counterparts quickly recovered lost ground. Today’s focus will be on the much-awaited US employment figures at 13:30. Non-farm employment change is predicted to fall slightly but so is the unemployment rate; mixed figures could bring some volatility. Recent confidence in the dollar suggests that traders will focus on whichever figure registers as stronger and greenback strength could continue.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3500 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3342 to the £ on their Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
09-03-2015, 11:56
:
:
The Pound reached its Highest Since 2007

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3872

Last week saw the pairing reach its strongest levels since 2007, as the combination of ECB quantitative easing details, positive UK manufacturing & PMI figures and strong US data managed to sink the Euro. A quieter week in terms of announcements is scheduled for the UK this week, so we expect the pairing to be influenced from events in Europe.
Today’s Eurogroup meetings, in what is otherwise a quiet day, may bring some volatility to the pairing, as Greece’s reform plans are likely to be further discussed.

A quieter day may see the reversal of some Friday’s market movements. The US dollar strengthened on Friday about one percent against sterling and significantly against other currencies as the US jobs report and unemployment rate beat expectations. With the dollar index at a new record high of over 97, some natural market stabilization is likely as the only high-impact event on the calendar today is the Eurogroup meetings.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3680 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3382 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

imablue
09-03-2015, 14:07
Torviscas Travel today showing 1.36 to the pound ...

LUCKY
09-03-2015, 14:12
Nearby to Lower GDS . San Blas they are offering 136.50 to the pound :flatcap:

Tshirt
09-03-2015, 15:17
Nearby to Lower GDS . San Blas they are offering 136.50 to the pound :flatcap:

Kinnell that's high, I thought it would only be about 1.3650 :laugh:

Angusjim
09-03-2015, 15:27
Dinnae believe any part oh this threed thats by Ecky info probably way out of date:liar::liar::lol::lol:

Tshirt
09-03-2015, 17:03
:sorry: LUCKY

TOTO 99
09-03-2015, 19:10
That's being petty, what's a small thing like a decimal point mean between Forum Members.:p

So will you give me two fivers for this £1.00 please?....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
09-03-2015, 19:20
So will you give me two fivers for this £100. please?....:laugh:

Certainly, cash waiting for you. ;)

LUCKY
09-03-2015, 21:17
Kinnell that's high, I thought it would only be about 1.3650 :laugh:
Ok ted you have med your point . looks like i will never get the job at The Guardian news:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 12:30
:
Great news for the British traveller as the pound goes beyond the €1.40 level.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4009

Yesterday’s unimpressive Eurogroup meetings failed to bring any clarity to Greece’s future in the Eurozone, with negotiations about reform plans and a potential third bailout still continuing after the discussions started two weeks ago. This allowed the Euro to weaken further against Sterling, as we enter a fifth consecutive day of a EUR/GBP selloff.
In an otherwise quiet day of announcements, today’s most important event for the pairing will be BoE governor Carney’s speech later this afternoon who is to discuss a number of topics, including bank lending, deflation and how quantitative easing in the Eurozone will affect the UK economy, so we may see some market movement if any important announcements are made.

The morning has started off with the GBP/EUR rate peaking at the historic 1.40 level as a result of Eurogroup meeting news. Rhetoric from the Eurogroup meetings has revealed that Greece and its international creditors will begin diving deeper into the technical details of Greece’s bailout this week. The dollar has strengthened significantly on this news out of the Eurozone this morning, in addition to speculation that monetary policies will continue to diverge between the US, the Eurozone and Japan.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3650 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3469 to the £ on their Debit Card.

jack oakley
10-03-2015, 13:00
:
Great news for the British traveller as the pound goes beyond the €1.40 level.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4009

Yesterday’s unimpressive Eurogroup meetings failed to bring any clarity to Greece’s future in the Eurozone, with negotiations about reform plans and a potential third bailout still continuing after the discussions started two weeks ago. This allowed the Euro to weaken further against Sterling, as we enter a fifth consecutive day of a EUR/GBP selloff.
In an otherwise quiet day of announcements, today’s most important event for the pairing will be BoE governor Carney’s speech later this afternoon who is to discuss a number of topics, including bank lending, deflation and how quantitative easing in the Eurozone will affect the UK economy, so we may see some market movement if any important announcements are made.

The morning has started off with the GBP/EUR rate peaking at the historic 1.40 level as a result of Eurogroup meeting news. Rhetoric from the Eurogroup meetings has revealed that Greece and its international creditors will begin diving deeper into the technical details of Greece’s bailout this week. The dollar has strengthened significantly on this news out of the Eurozone this morning, in addition to speculation that monetary policies will continue to diverge between the US, the Eurozone and Japan.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3469 to the £ on their Debit Card.

Downside to this good news is that many business's and restaurants in Tenerife have upped their prices by 20% in the last few weeks, one place I used to go for breakfast has stuck a euro on the usual price of 3.99, tis now 4.99 with a drink extra so 2 breakfasts are 14 euros without a tip which is OTT. Colibri in Galletas is still great value at 2.60 including orange juice so even though it's a 15 minute drive I now go there. 200 silk cut have gone from 24.90 to 29.80 in Spanish Style in four weeks so be careful where you shop and don't get ripped off. Jack.O

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 13:09
Downside to this good news is that many business's and restaurants in Tenerife have upped their prices by 20% in the last few weeks, one place I used to go for breakfast has stuck a euro on the usual price of 3.99, tis now 4.99 with a drink extra so 2 breakfasts are 14 euros without a tip which is OTT. Colibri in Galletas is still great value at 2.60 including orange juice so even though it's a 15 minute drive I now go there. 200 silk cut have gone from 24.90 to 29.80 in Spanish Style in four weeks so be careful where you shop and don't get ripped off. Jack.O

It's certainly not good news for companies that export their goods from out-with the Eurozone into it, hence the price hike on some brands of cigarettes and alcoholic drinks. Bumping up the price of a €3.99 breakfast to €4.99 is pure profiteering and hopefully people will avoid these places.

I would make a bet that the €1 Pint is still being advertised to pull the punters in.;)

information
10-03-2015, 13:57
if they are using products from the UK that rise is about right as they must now be paying around 20% more for the products than 8 weeks ago.

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 14:04
if they are using products from the UK that rise is about right as they must now be paying around 20% more for the products than 8 weeks ago.

I can't see that many British products in a fried breakfast, unless they are using a whole large tin of Heinz Baked Beans, so 20% to my mind on a fried breakfast is a complete rip off.:lol:

information
10-03-2015, 14:18
I can't see that many British products in a fried breakfast, unless they are using a whole large tin of Heinz Baked Beans, so 20% to my mind on a fried breakfast is a complete rip off.:lol:

where I go all the meat products in the Breakfast are from the UK plus the bread and the beans. I would not go if they were not from the UK.

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 14:24
where I go all the meat products in the Breakfast are from the UK plus the bread and the beans. I would not go if they were not from the UK.

How sad.....living in a country and you don't like the local produce.:D

How much do they charge for the all British Breakfast and as a help/information for likeminded people, it would help if you named the restaurant and where it's situated.:idea:

imablue
10-03-2015, 14:43
Torviscas Travel today 1.37 .......Lucky..?:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 14:49
Torviscas Travel today 1.37 .......Lucky..?:flatcap:

Lucky...?

No, that's about right.:p

imablue
10-03-2015, 16:24
Cue Lucky with his extra 0.005 in Lower Gds or San Blas...

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 20:27
CaxtonFX euro rate to the pound is now at €1.3750 that's a increase of one cent to the pound within nine hours!

marbro8 is this the right time for you to get some more Tenerife drinking vouchers?;)

marbro8
10-03-2015, 20:59
CaxtonFX euro rate to the pound is now at €1.3750 that's a increase of one cent to the pound within nine hours!

marbro8 is this the right time for you to get some more Tenerife drinking vouchers?;)i was thinking of getting another £1000:dontknow:, or leave it until we go over:dontknow:
sod it i have just ordered it, got €1375 for £1001, with the extra €375 from that' and the extra €280 we got from the other £1000 we changed last month that gives us €655 spending money, that's without even touching the original £2000, and if the euro picks back up we can change it back to £'s:lol:

Ecky Thump
10-03-2015, 21:16
i was thinking of getting another £1000:dontknow:, or leave it until we go over:dontknow:

Strike while the irons hot!

I've taken the gamble and loaded a few more euros on my card, but not a thousand, then your...........

? ?...:D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

LUCKY
10-03-2015, 21:21
Cue Lucky with his extra 0.005 in Lower Gds or San Blas...

But can you do lower i was up at puerto del a cruz today and saw it at 1.34 :flatcap:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Strike while the irons hot!

I've taken the gamble and loaded a few more euros on my card, but not a thousand, then your...........

? ?...:D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

!.55 is on its way

marbro8
10-03-2015, 21:35
But can you do lower i was up at puerto del a cruz today and saw it at 1.34 :flatcap:

!.55 is on its wayif it did then it would make buying a property in tenerife mighty appealing;)

LUCKY
10-03-2015, 21:37
if it did then it would make buying a property in tenerife mighty appealing;)

Could be good to see property sold here in Lower GDS :flatcap::flatcap:

Ecky Thump
11-03-2015, 12:12
:
The Euro Plunges Further into the Mire

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4205

The Euro continued its plunge throughout the day yesterday on the back of continued uncertainty regarding Greece’s future in the Eurozone, along with BoE governor Carney’s reassuring speech in the afternoon who hinted that the next major move on monetary policy in the UK will be to raise interest rates. Sterling managed to strengthen on the back of this news and the pairing has since broken above the 1.41 mark. Draghi’s speech this morning further weakened the Euro, where he repeated his stance that positive forecasts are conditional on the implementations of all measures, i.e. quantative easing.

UK and US Equities markets fell sharply yesterday, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average posted the sharpest one day decline since October as investors begin accepting that policy divergence between the Federal Reserve and the ECB is fast becoming a reality. The Euro has further weakened as the ECB has increased excess liquidity in the Eurozone this week, and the value of the dollar is being pushed higher and higher, as the dollar index hit another historic high this morning. Meanwhile, we look to manufacturing production m/m figures this morning at 9:30 as a gauge of the UK’s economic performance.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3920 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3628 to the £ on their Debit Card

marbro8 we both acted too fast and should have waited.....Such is life!:D

LUCKY
11-03-2015, 13:07
Could be like the bloke in the pub said 1.55:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Tshirt
11-03-2015, 17:14
I checked the Caxton Euro Traveller rate earlier and it was €1.40, I've just looked again and it's now €1.3840 :dontknow:

Ecky Thump
11-03-2015, 17:22
I checked the Caxton Euro Traveller rate earlier and it was €1.40, I've just looked again and it's now €1.3840 :dontknow:

It was forecast this morning that there would be some movement in the pound, but a change of nearly two cents is surprising.

TOTO 99
11-03-2015, 17:23

Stop looking at it......:laugh:

marbro8
11-03-2015, 17:36
:
The Euro Plunges Further into the Mire

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4205

The Euro continued its plunge throughout the day yesterday on the back of continued uncertainty regarding Greece’s future in the Eurozone, along with BoE governor Carney’s reassuring speech in the afternoon who hinted that the next major move on monetary policy in the UK will be to raise interest rates. Sterling managed to strengthen on the back of this news and the pairing has since broken above the 1.41 mark. Draghi’s speech this morning further weakened the Euro, where he repeated his stance that positive forecasts are conditional on the implementations of all measures, i.e. quantative easing.

UK and US Equities markets fell sharply yesterday, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average posted the sharpest one day decline since October as investors begin accepting that policy divergence between the Federal Reserve and the ECB is fast becoming a reality. The Euro has further weakened as the ECB has increased excess liquidity in the Eurozone this week, and the value of the dollar is being pushed higher and higher, as the dollar index hit another historic high this morning. Meanwhile, we look to manufacturing production m/m figures this morning at 9:30 as a gauge of the UK’s economic performance.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3920 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3628 to the £ on their Debit Card

marbro8 we both acted too fast and should have waited.....Such is life!:Dbloody hell, at this rate i won't have any pounds left, it will all be euro's:laugh:

Ecky Thump
11-03-2015, 21:30
Stop looking at it......:laugh:

I don't think he should, it's now dropped back to €1.3825 to the £

Oh well that will make marbro8 feel a bit better.:laugh:

marbro8
11-03-2015, 21:49
I don't think he should, it's now dropped back to €1.3825 to the £

Oh well that will make marbro8 feel a bit better.:laugh: i won't feel any better until it drops to €1.15 again:laugh: i was just thinking about property prices again, with the business rate around €1.42 and if you were thinking about buying a place in tenerife or in fact anywhere in spain, and you had a budget of around £100.000 a few months ago,and the apartment you wanted was €142,000 but was just out of your reach, then you would be in a great position to buy now:spin:

Ecky Thump
11-03-2015, 21:58
i won't feel any better until it drops to €1.15 again:laugh: i was just thinking about property prices again, with the business rate around €1.42 and if you were thinking about buying a place in tenerife or in fact anywhere in spain, and you had a budget of around £100.000 a few months ago,and the apartment you wanted was €142,000 but was just out of your reach, then you would be in a great position to buy now:spin:

Does that mean that you might become my long lost cousin who lives on the El Mirador complex??:D

marbro8
11-03-2015, 22:18
Does that mean that you might become my long lost cousin who lives on the El Mirador complex??:Dwe are already brothers:wink2:

LUCKY
12-03-2015, 10:07
Will it reach 1.55 today ?🎩

universal
12-03-2015, 10:33
GBP EUR STERLING POUND - EURO 1.4108
From Currencies Direct today

Ecky Thump
12-03-2015, 12:18
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4126

The pound reached fresh highs against the euro yesterday, despite poor manufacturing data from the UK which dropped by 0.5%. Strong CPI figures from France this morning gave a helping hand to the euro, giving it some respite and allowing the pairing to drop below the 1.42 mark.
This morning has seen the UK trade balance deficit reduced, we should therefore see sterling strengthen further against the euro and possibly bring it back above 1.42. Later at lunchtime also sees governor Carney talking, so we may see some market movement should he announce anything important.

After a volatile day of trading largely characterised by dollar strength yesterday, markets have stabilised this morning. Although the rate has pulled back slightly, we saw GBP/EUR push through another record high of 1.4250 yesterday, as negative sentiment surrounding the Eurozone drove speculative trading. Today, we look forward to US core retail sales m/m, retail sales m/m, and unemployment claims data out at 12:30 today, and also Carney is speaking at a manufacturing research centre in Sheffield at 12:4

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3800 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3614 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
13-03-2015, 11:46
:
Dollar and Euro gain as sterling fell across the board yesterday.

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.40127

Yesterday saw the GBP/EUR pairing drop briefly below the 1.40 mark. This came on the back of Bank of England Governor Mark Carney warning that the UK economy needs to be cautious of falling inflation levels, which may have delayed any expectations of an interest rate rise in the UK.
With a quiet day on the data front for the UK and the Eurozone, strong PPI and Consumer Sentiment data released this afternoon in the U.S. may cause the single currency to fall again against its major trading pairings.

Mixed data from the US does little to deter the strengthening of the dollar. Meanwhile, the euro has retraced some of its losses from the week as markets continue to stabilize from volatility near the start of the week. With very little on the European calendar again today, we look toward Canadian employment change and the unemployment rate, as well as PPI m/m data from the US at 12:30. Additionally, there is preliminary University of Michigan consumer sentiment data out of the US at 2:00 PM.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3695 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3519 to the £ on their card.

Ecky Thump
14-03-2015, 16:22
:
Update.

Today CaxtonFX are offering €1.3720 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3507 to the £ on their debit card.

Happy Spending.:)

marbro8
14-03-2015, 18:42
:
Update.

Today CaxtonFX are offering €1.3720 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3507 to the £ on their debit card.

Happy Spending.:)mine came today €1375:spin:

Ecky Thump
14-03-2015, 18:45
mine came today €1375:spin:

Any Euro friendly pubs in Brownhills....or even friendly ones will do!:D

marbro8
14-03-2015, 18:50
Any Euro friendly pubs in Brownhills....or even friendly ones will do!:Dthere AINT any pubs of any sort left in brownhills:laugh: why do you think we come to tenerife so often? it's to get a drink without the need for transport:laugh:

Ecky Thump
14-03-2015, 19:01
there AINT any pubs of any sort left in brownhills:laugh: why do you think we come to tenerife so often? it's to get a drink without the need for transport:laugh:

How about the Hussey Arms, or is that classed as a restaurant or maybe too far to walk?

marbro8
14-03-2015, 20:58
How about the Hussey Arms, or is that classed as a restaurant or maybe too far to walk?hungry horse now mate, large pub chain famous for selling pile it high sell it cheap crap:(

Ecky Thump
16-03-2015, 15:13
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4029

Strong Sterling gains last week were met with resistance on Thursday and euro strength was consolidated the day after. The weekend saw euro weakness in the Asian markets but limitations have still been seen on the pound as trading continues around the 1.40 mark.
A quiet day lies ahead with focus on Draghi speaking tonight in Frankfurt on “the future of the finance industry”. Opportunities for hawkish sentiment will be ever-present and euro traders will be keenly analysing his every word.

Last week saw strong gains and losses made throughout the week across the FX markets. The dollar regained its position as an unstoppable force and the euro’s weakness also saw no end. With Putin still missing, oil still falling and Greece and Germany still in a standoff, volatility in the markets is likely to continue as geopolitical tension increases. The current victors of this uncertainty are a strengthening US dollar and the German economy, which is benefitting from increasing exports due to a weakening euro. As the dollar continues to strengthen, there has been speculation that Wednesday’s Fed statement will be particularly dovish as a strong dollar is negatively impacting on exports. Today’s focus will be on Draghi’s speech at 18:45, in which he is due to talk on “the future of the finance industry – between growth and regulation”, opportunities for hawkish sentiment will be present as always.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3700 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3530 to the £ on their debit card.

--------------------------------

**Within 10 minutes of making the post, the Caxton rate has gone down to €1.3640 to the £:doh::doh:**

TOTO 99
16-03-2015, 16:09
Ecky Thump.....It's that bloody Ted looking at it again....:lol:

Ecky Thump
16-03-2015, 16:25

I had just topped up my card by £150 and the wife said I should have put on £250 so I logged back on and found that the rated had dropped by €.60 so it will mean that when I see AJ he will have to drink Spanish Whisky instead of Scottish Grouse, which he will do....start grousing!

Tshirt
16-03-2015, 16:44

Not me today, I've been out to Ikea, got in bother for not following the arrows. :twak:

Got most of my euros for my next trip, got another month yet so I'll wait and see, missed my chance at €1.40 last week 'cos everybody was saying it would go higher yet.

Ecky Thump
16-03-2015, 16:52
Could be like the bloke in the pub said 1.55:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Got most of my euros for my next trip, got another month yet so I'll wait and see, missed my chance at €1.40 last week 'cos everybody was saying it would go higher yet.

We can blame that man LUCKY and the people he drinks with!:p

Ecky Thump
17-03-2015, 10:33
I:

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3962

A quiet day on the data-front saw fairly range-bound trading throughout yesterday’s session. Peaking at 1.4071 and hitting a bottom at 1.3956, the euro has since been gaining on the pound this morning.
This morning’s euro gains are likely in anticipation of the German ZEW economic sentiment figures which will be released later this morning. With a gain from 53.0 to 58.9 predicted, the euro’s advances could push on throughout the day.

A limited amount of data-releases yesterday saw relative quiet in the FX markets. The impact of the US’ harsh winter on data has been registered by dollar bears and the greenback saw weakness against the majority of counterparts. A strengthening dollar has unsurprisingly seen negative impacts upon exports and this adds to speculation that tomorrow’s minutes will be particularly dovish. Today’s focus will be on German ZEW economic sentiment at 10:00, Canadian manufacturing sales at 12:30 and US building permits at 12:30.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3635 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3489 to the £ on their debit card.

TOTO 99 & Tshirt Angusjim

Up Date.....

Since 9am today the CaxtonFX exchange rate for the pound has dropped to €1.3590 to the £.
:crying2:

Angusjim
17-03-2015, 19:10
I:

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3962

A quiet day on the data-front saw fairly range-bound trading throughout yesterday’s session. Peaking at 1.4071 and hitting a bottom at 1.3956, the euro has since been gaining on the pound this morning.
This morning’s euro gains are likely in anticipation of the German ZEW economic sentiment figures which will be released later this morning. With a gain from 53.0 to 58.9 predicted, the euro’s advances could push on throughout the day.

A limited amount of data-releases yesterday saw relative quiet in the FX markets. The impact of the US’ harsh winter on data has been registered by dollar bears and the greenback saw weakness against the majority of counterparts. A strengthening dollar has unsurprisingly seen negative impacts upon exports and this adds to speculation that tomorrow’s minutes will be particularly dovish. Today’s focus will be on German ZEW economic sentiment at 10:00, Canadian manufacturing sales at 12:30 and US building permits at 12:30.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3635 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3489 to the £ on their debit card.

TOTO 99 & Tshirt Angusjim

Up Date.....

Since 9am today the CaxtonFX exchange rate for the pound has dropped to €1.3590 to the £.
:crying2:

A few cents here and there will make ho difference to my 1 euro pints and 7 euro 3 course meals:doh::lol:

Ecky Thump
17-03-2015, 19:55
A few cents here and there will make ho difference to my 1 euro pints and 7 euro 3 course meals:doh::lol:

In fact it means nothing to you, as you pay absolutely nothing!!....you make friends especially so that they supply you with all your food and drink!:D

marbro8
17-03-2015, 20:14
A few cents here and there will make ho difference to my 1 euro pints and 7 euro 3 course meals:doh::lol:theoretically you could go on your hols to tenerife and literally get hammered and fed every night for 2 weeks and spend about €250, and that includes a few drambuies as well:D i remember my very first night in tenerife about 10 years ago, we didn't land till late, so by the time we managed to get washed and changed it was about 9.00pm, we went round to taylors i had about 6 pint's of alhambra especial, my wife had a couple of local coffee liquors with coke, the bill came to about €12, i was gibbering and walking into walls and in the morning when i realised how much it cost me i thought i had died and gone to heaven, if it hadn't have been for the headache:lol:

LUCKY
18-03-2015, 00:24
theoretically you could go on your hols to tenerife and literally get hammered and fed every night for 2 weeks and spend about €250, and that includes a few drambuies as well:D i remember my very first night in tenerife about 10 years ago, we didn't land till late, so by the time we managed to get washed and changed it was about 9.00pm, we went round to taylors i had about 6 pint's of alhambra especial, my wife had a couple of local coffee liquors with coke, the bill came to about €12, i was gibbering and walking into walls and in the morning when i realised how much it cost me i thought i had died and gone to heaven, if it hadn't have been for the headache:lol:

You will be beyond Heaven When we get to 1.57 ( it rhymes but the Bloke in the pub sed):flatcap:

Ecky Thump
18-03-2015, 10:33
You will be beyond Heaven When we get to 1.57 ( it rhymes but the Bloke in the pub sed):flatcap:

This Bloke that you meet in the pub and gives you advice about money, is he Scottish with only one eye, used to play rugby, claims he knows all about world politics and money in particular? :cheeky:

Carol55
18-03-2015, 15:58
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3828

Strong gains of almost two cent were made by the euro yesterday, even as German ZEW economic sentiment registered a fall below expectations. Coming in at 54.8, which was below the forecast 58.9 but above the previous 53.0, traders coupled this with a rise in Eurozone ZEW sentiment and the euro continued gaining. This gain in sentiment is likely down to increased optimism now that progress (albeit limited) has been made regarding the Greek debt crisis.
Focus today will be on the UK employment data this morning. Strong results are forecast including a rise in average earnings 3m/y from 2.1% to 2.2% and a fall in the unemployment rate from 5.7% to 5.6%. This afternoon’s UK annual budget release could bring volatility as this will be especially important with the upcoming general election.

Yesterday saw the euro gain against the majority of counterparts as sentiment figures saw an increase from Germany and the Eurozone. Whilst German ZEW sentiment did not rise as much as predicted, Eurozone sentiment saw a strong rise from 52.7 to 62.4 and the euro gained as a result. Analysts previously speculated that once GBP/EUR broke the 1.40 mark, the rate could surge up to 1.45 or beyond however strong Eurozone figures and a mini-revival back below 1.40 have suggested that the euro has the potential for more strength than previously anticipated. A busy day lies ahead with UK employment figures and the BoE rate votes at 9:30, followed by the Canadian wholesale sales figures and the UK annual budget release at 12:30 and finally the Fed statement and funds rate at 18:00, which will be concluded with the Fed press conference at 18:30. Volatility can be expected as every announcement should be of high-impact.

I'm only adding to this thread as Ecky has escaped out and looking at cars - but I have the cheque book!:lol:

blondie
18-03-2015, 16:24
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3828

Strong gains of almost two cent were made by the euro yesterday, even as German ZEW economic sentiment registered a fall below expectations. Coming in at 54.8, which was below the forecast 58.9 but above the previous 53.0, traders coupled this with a rise in Eurozone ZEW sentiment and the euro continued gaining. This gain in sentiment is likely down to increased optimism now that progress (albeit limited) has been made regarding the Greek debt crisis.
Focus today will be on the UK employment data this morning. Strong results are forecast including a rise in average earnings 3m/y from 2.1% to 2.2% and a fall in the unemployment rate from 5.7% to 5.6%. This afternoon’s UK annual budget release could bring volatility as this will be especially important with the upcoming general election.

Yesterday saw the euro gain against the majority of counterparts as sentiment figures saw an increase from Germany and the Eurozone. Whilst German ZEW sentiment did not rise as much as predicted, Eurozone sentiment saw a strong rise from 52.7 to 62.4 and the euro gained as a result. Analysts previously speculated that once GBP/EUR broke the 1.40 mark, the rate could surge up to 1.45 or beyond however strong Eurozone figures and a mini-revival back below 1.40 have suggested that the euro has the potential for more strength than previously anticipated. A busy day lies ahead with UK employment figures and the BoE rate votes at 9:30, followed by the Canadian wholesale sales figures and the UK annual budget release at 12:30 and finally the Fed statement and funds rate at 18:00, which will be concluded with the Fed press conference at 18:30. Volatility can be expected as every announcement should be of high-impact.

I'm only adding to this thread as Ecky has escaped out and looking at cars - but I have the cheque book!:lol:

OMG do you allow Ecky near garages on his own.

marbro8
18-03-2015, 18:01
OMG do you allow Ecky near garages on his own.i am pretty sure he used to own one:lol:

Carol55
18-03-2015, 18:58
OMG do you allow Ecky near garages on his own.

i am pretty sure he used to own one:lol:

He's a salesman's dream come true....he will buy a car and then ten minutes later he will regret it, when we had the garage he went out and bought a "Black Jaguar XK150" he said it would look good on the forecourt, when it turned up it was Plum coloured.....he's colour blind!:lol:

To make matters worse, (Marbro will like this) the garage was in Willenhall....not many Jaguars sold there.:D

marbro8
18-03-2015, 19:04
He's a salesman's dream come true....he will buy a car and then ten minutes later he will regret it, when we had the garage he went out and bought a "Black Jaguar XK150" he said it would look good on the forecourt, when it turned up it was Plum coloured.....he's colour blind!:lol:

To make matters worse, (Marbro will like this) the garage was in Willenhall....not many Jaguars sold there.:D:lol: yes the only jaguars in willenhall are the older women:lol:

Ecky Thump
18-03-2015, 22:13
He's a salesman's dream come true....he will buy a car and then ten minutes later he will regret it, when we had the garage he went out and bought a "Black Jaguar XK150" he said it would look good on the forecourt, when it turned up it was Plum coloured.....he's colour blind! !:lol:

To make matters worse, (Marbro will like this) the garage was in Willenhall....not many Jaguars sold there.:D

That's it, mock the afflicted.:D

But, I still managed to sell it and at a large profit!:raspberry2:

:lol: yes the only jaguars in willenhall are the older women:lol:

They might be old, but I'm told that they charge a high price for half a hour of their company.;)

blondie
18-03-2015, 22:27
That's it, mock the afflicted.:D

But, I still managed to sell it and at a large profit!:raspberry2:

They might be old, but I'm told that they charge a high price for half a hour of their company.;)

That's better , wondered where you were when you were not defending yourself, thought MM had got you.

Ecky Thump
18-03-2015, 22:38
That's better , wondered where you were when you were not defending yourself, thought MM had got you.

Went down to your part of Gods country,, Irvine, Prestwick, Troon, and Ayr. No car that I wanted-then back north to Greenock, then to Glasgow, but then decided holidays must come before a car...I will now wait until Nov/Dec.:whitecar:

Carol55
18-03-2015, 23:56
Went down to your part of Gods country,, Irvine, Prestwick, Troon, and Ayr. No car that I wanted-then back north to Greenock, then to Glasgow, but then decided holidays must come before a car...I will now wait until Nov/Dec.:whitecar:

Tell the truth:liar:

I told you that you can't have your new toy.:twak: :cheeky:

Angusjim
19-03-2015, 07:24

Ah see you went to Greenock I here you can place orders for cars in most pubs there and they will deliver to your house between midnight and 4.00am but they do come with limited warranty:laugh::laugh:

Ecky Thump
19-03-2015, 11:21
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3910

A day of high-impact data yesterday saw the euro post strong advances in the morning before the pound recovered lost ground in the afternoon. The UK’s employment figures saw a fall in the average earnings index 3m/y from 2.1% to 1.8% whilst unemployment rate remained at 5.7% and had been forecast to drop to 5.6%. A cent gain was made by the euro following this release.
Today’s focus will turn from the UK to the Eurozone with the EU economic summit taking place today in Brussels and the targeted LTRO figures released this morning by the ECB. The summit will discuss a range of issues, including the situation in Greece and perhaps a clearer indication of the next stage for Greece will be seen.

A data heavy day yesterday saw releases from across the world. The day began with Sterling weakness as UK employment figures saw a generally disappointing result. Although the claimant count change saw another 30K decline, the average earnings index fell below expectations and the unemployment rate remained at 5.7%, despite being forecast to fall. Later in the day the UK annual budget was released but this had a limited effect on the markets. A release that tends to be highly political, this was especially important with the UK elections approaching; the pound was unaffected. In the evening the US Fed conference was as dovish as expected, downgrading short-term inflation and growth forecasts and warning of a strong dollar negatively impacting upon exports. The dollar fell against all counterparts but has since been recovering lost ground. Focus today will be on Eurozone targeted LTRO figures at 10:15, US unemployment claims at 12:30, US Philly Fed manufacturing index at 14:00 and finally the EU economic summit, which will take place throughout the day. A quieter day today should allow the markets a chance to stabilise after yesterday’s volatility.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3605 to the £ when you load tour Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3361 to the £ on their debit card.

blondie
19-03-2015, 12:07

How did we miss you , we were at Troon yesterday too. It was a beautiful day , I think we should have stayed there for the 2 wks , nicer than we are gonna get by the looks of things in Tenerife !!

tfs1
19-03-2015, 13:20
Just walked past an exchange place near Cristian Sur apartments and they are offering 1.35, certaining a drop from the 1.38+ of last week.

Ecky Thump
19-03-2015, 13:41
Just walked past an exchange place near Cristian Sur apartments and they are offering 1.35, certaining a drop from the 1.38+ of last week.

I would think that €1.35 is a tad on the low side....maybe a bit higher down the front at the exchange by the Irish Times.

Nothing has changed much after the UK Budget, the world money market have appeared to view it as purely a political one and a poor attempt at even that.:laugh:

Ecky Thump
20-03-2015, 11:39
:
:
The Euro makes some gains against the Pound.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3799

The pound climbed to highs of 1.3976 against the euro yesterday before a dip at midday took the pairing back to 1.383 levels. Limited data from the EU economic summit saw no movement in this pair, possibly more reaction will be seen during the second day of meetings today.
Another quiet day will see trading based on speculation surrounding the EU economic summit. Euro gains posted this morning could be extended throughout the day.

A fairly quiet day in terms of data yesterday was eclipsed by strong Sterling gains in the morning. These were soon regained by counterparts and commodity currencies fared particularly well towards the end of the day. US figures yesterday were in line with predictions as unemployment claims barely moved and Philly Fed manufacturing index saw a decrease. Today will focus on Canadian data with CPI and retail sales figures at 12:30. Another quiet day is expected in the markets.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3480 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice bank are offering €1.3324 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
21-03-2015, 11:37
:
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3866

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3475 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3309 to the £ on their debit card.

I've just read this on .... this is money.co.uk

Currency experts are urging holidaymakers to buy their currency now - or miss out on the best exchange rates in seven years.
While the rate could move up slightly in the coming weeks, experts are certain it will fall again by the summer and travellers should act now if they want to lock in the best deal for their summer holidays.
And particularly with the uncertainty of a General Election on the way, the pound could be set to plummet.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-2988936/Buy-holiday-cash-advantage-best-exchange-rates-seven-years.html#ixzz3V0zevVUy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

tfs1
21-03-2015, 14:42
thanks for that ET, took the oportunity to load a chunk. We can always load more if the rate goes in the right direction or just smile if it goes down !. Still 1.3475,

Ecky Thump
21-03-2015, 15:05
thanks for that ET, took the oportunity to load a chunk. We can always load more if the rate goes in the right direction or just smile if it goes down !. Still 1.3475,

My son came out with a cracker last night, he asked if he could take my Euro debit card with him on holiday and use it and then repay me in Stirling before I need it......not a bad deal for him, he spends my Euro's that I bought at a good exchange rate and then he will return it in pounds when the rate has dropped......
He takes after his Mother!!:cheeky:

Oh, by the way, I politely told him to go away.:nono:

Ecky Thump
23-03-2015, 12:01
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3790

A quiet day on Friday saw slight euro gains throughout the day, closing the session just 10 pips below opening. Volatility was seen in the Asian markets over the weekend but this morning has opened with calmer trading.
The main focus for today will be on Draghi’s testimony this afternoon, due to speak on monetary policy before the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee, this could bring euro strength if he is more hawkish than usual. The UK’s CBI industrial order expectations figures this morning are forecast to fall from +10 to +9, which could see Sterling weakness.

Euro gains and dollar weakness were seen on Friday despite reverse trends being expected. The Fed member Lockhart, who is usually dovish in sentiment, was particularly hawkish as he said a rate hike could occur in June or July. In the Eurozone, the EU economic summit let nothing pass to reporters and news from the summit was limited. The highest impact data came from Canada, with monthly core CPI figures coming in line with forecast at 0.6% and CPI increasing from -0.2% to 0.9%. This strong figure has demonstrated how the negative effects of falling oil prices can stop impacting so strongly upon inflation. The main event today will be on Draghi’s speech at 14:00; due to testify on monetary policy, volatility can be expected as it always is when this sensitive topic is discussed.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3435 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3296 to the £ on their card.

Ecky Thump
24-03-2015, 11:50
:
:
Euro regaining ground against other world currencies.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3615

The euro gained on the pound throughout yesterday’s session, aided by Draghi’s testimony on monetary policy in the afternoon. When faced with the controversial question is the ECB blackmailing Greece? Draghi quickly replied with “let me disagree with about everything you said” and after being criticised about QE and the possibility that it will lead to governments abandoning economic reforms, Draghi’s response was simple, he “begged to differ”. Draghi’s cool replies and abundance of rhetorical questions, created an air of confidence that is not usually seen around the usually dovish ECB president. In a series of hawkish responses Draghi flashed his talons, but euro bulls will expect a complete metamorphosis from dove to hawk before a full recovery is seen.
Today’s focus will be on UK CPI this morning. Forecast to fall from 0.3% to 0.1%, a result of 0.0% or below is a real possibility. A result signifying deflation should bring Sterling weakness however given trends following previous CPI releases, strength has been seen. We therefore anticipate Sterling volatility and significant movement but the direction of which is unpredictable.

The euro continued its advances against the majority of counterparts yesterday as Draghi delivered a confident testimony on monetary policy. Draghi denied that the ECB was blackmailing Greece in any form and refused the notion that QE could lead to countries abandoning economic reforms. His own confidence was reflected in the euro whose index saw a strong increase throughout the day. A volatile day lies ahead with UK CPI at 09:30 and US CPI at 12:30. The UK figures are forecast to fall to 0.1%, a low result that in theory should bring Sterling weakness. Unfortunately in practice, we have recently seen Sterling strength after low CPI data and there is therefore the possibility of strong gains. With the chance of strong movements in either direction, all that can be truly known is that volatility will be seen, with the potential to drag on throughout the day’s trading.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3300 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3168 to the £ on their debit card.

Carol55
24-03-2015, 21:12
:
:
Euro regaining ground against other world currencies.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3615

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3300 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3168 to the £ on their debit card.

The pound regained some of its losses during the day and I managed to get €1.3350 from Caxton. It's now again dropped back slightly.
That's now all my spending money on my debit card, I have no idea how Ecky will survive as he has been loading mine by mistake. marbro8 I think he will have to rely on you!;)

marbro8
24-03-2015, 22:58
The pound regained some of its losses during the day and I managed to get €1.3350 from Caxton. It's now again dropped back slightly.
That's now all my spending money on my debit card, I have no idea how Ecky will survive as he has been loading mine by mistake. marbro8 I think he will have to rely on you!;)no probs;)

Ecky Thump
25-03-2015, 10:51
:
:
The Pound against the Euro on a downward trend?

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3572

Yesterday saw UK CPI falling below expectations to 0.0% and PPI input rising from -3.6% to 0.2%, but below the 1.6% forecast. The drag in CPI was (perhaps surprisingly) not down to falling oil prices but instead recreational goods, food and furniture & furnishing. For the first time on record CPI fell to 0.0% and with the current trend being downward, the next stage for CPI is likely to be deflation. GBP/EUR fell to 1.356 before Sterling resisted further gains and pushed the rate back towards 1.36.
Today’s trading will focus on German Ifo business climate this morning, forecast to improve the euro’s gains are likely to continue through today’s session.

As UK CPI saw a record low yesterday and the pound continues on a downward trend, analysts are now asking the question if Sterling has seen its highs for the next few months. UK CPI saw a record low yesterday as the final result registered at 0.0%, not quite deflation but teetering on the crucial edge. This result was not altogether surprising as Carney had previously warned that CPI could fall this low and the real speculation now is whether the BoE will vote to cut rates in their next meeting. This is a real possibility but perhaps unlikely given their unanimous votes to hold rates in the last meeting, even still analysts will be keenly scrutinising every upcoming interview with Carney for clues about a possible rate cut. US CPI saw the first monthly rise in four months, registering at 0.2% and perhaps signifying the beginning of the end of poor figures that were caused by a harsh winter. A quiet day ahead will focus on German Ifo business climate at 9:00 and US core durable goods orders at 12:30. With the German figure set to increase, euro gains could push on for at least another day.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3250 to the £ when you load your Caxton Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3121 on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 11:06
:
:
Euro Continues to Recover Losses.

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3549

Euro gains pushed on throughout yesterday’s session as strong figures from Germany added to the single currency’s momentum. German Ifo business climate saw a rise from 106.8 to 107.9, 0.5 above the predicted result. The fifth consecutive increase reinforces the view that Germany is back in position to power the Eurozone and we expect the euro to see medium-to-long-term strength on the back of this increased confidence.
A similarly quiet day today will focus on UK retail sales figures this morning. Forecast to rise from -0.3% to 0.4%, this may allow Sterling to recover some ground against the euro but these potential advances are unlikely to hold. Carney will be speaking in Frankfurt this afternoon at a press conference about his role as Chair of Financial Stability Board, any questions regarding the UK’s recent low inflation result and a potential rate cut, will be keenly eyed by traders.

After a few weeks of consistently strong Eurozone figures and particularly solid German data, business confidence and climate is now on an upward trend. German Ifo business climate registered a fifth consecutive increase yesterday and hit the highest level since July 2014. This strong result helped to consolidate the view that Germany is not only ready but also confident to power the Eurozone once again; this is especially important with the current Greek debt crisis. Today’s trading will focus on UK retail sales at 09:30, US unemployment claims at 12:30 and a speech from the Bank of Canada’s Governor Poloz at 13:30. As the pound comes back into the headlines and the euro takes a step back, slight dollar weakness and increasing euro strength are likely to continue.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3240 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3080 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 11:00
:
:
The Euro Loses Ground Against The Pound

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3702

A solid release from UK retail sales saw an increase of 0.7% as a 0.4% increase was expected. This was the strongest result since November 2014, which is unsurprising as slashed prices have only just properly caught up with shoppers since the aftermath of Black Friday deals. The pound reversed previous trends and rose over a cent on the euro, comfortably breaching the 1.365 mark and heading toward 1.370.
A quiet day ahead may allow the pound to continue gaining on the euro however recent trends suggest that there is still further potential strength in the single currency.

Trends reversed yesterday as the euro fell against counterparts and the US dollar gained. Employment figures from the US saw a fall in claims from 291K to 282K, the lowest figure since the beginning of February 2015. This release tends to only affect in the short-term but traders may have grabbed on to the first piece of strong data after recent weakness in the dollar. It is too early to say if this may be the start of a slight recovery in the dollar but we’ll have a clearer idea after today’s session. A relatively light day on the data calendar will see US data in the spotlight with Final GDP at 12:30 and a speech from Yellen at 19:40

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3380 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3209 to the £ on their debit card.

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 12:10
When I was out jogging yesterday....lol..
I passed two different exchange shops.
One was 1.32 and the other 1.33

I'll be changing my other fiver later today by which time it will no doubt have returned to one on one!....Haha

I got 1.31 here in January so it's not that much different really.

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 12:40
When I was out jogging yesterday....lol..
I passed two different exchange shops.
One was 1.32 and the other 1.33

I'll be changing my other fiver later today by which time it will no doubt have returned to one on one!....Haha

I got 1.31 here in January so it's not that much different really.

To be honest, for the average tourist a few cents either way on the exchange rate it's the
"Feel Good Factor", if you are buying a house or apartment then that's a different story, although if you come from Scotland, then it's points of a cent that matter!:cheeky:

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 13:37
To be honest, for the average tourist a few cents either way on the exchange rate it's the
"Feel Good Factor", if you are buying a house or apartment then that's a different story, although if you come from Scotland, then it's points of a cent that matter!:cheeky:

I concur Ecky

I've just changed some now and I got 1.34 and a half so it's better than yesterday.
I'm going to start wasting it in the next hour.

Ecky Thump
28-03-2015, 11:47
I concur Ecky

I've just changed some now and I got 1.34 and a half so it's better than yesterday.
I'm going to start wasting it in the next hour.

I hope you found Angusjim and wasted your Euro's on alcoholic beverages with him.:)

today CaxtonFX are offering €1.3320 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3222 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
31-03-2015, 14:11
:
GBP/EURO: Currently Trading at 1.3713

Sterling gained around 0.25% on the single currency yesterday.Small moves were to be expected with little data of note being released yesterday.
Attention now turns to EUR CPI Flash Estimate that is being released at 09:00. If this data comes out better than expected, EUR gains on Sterling throughout the day could be seen. This will signify a pickup in economic activity in the Eurozone and indicate that the QE programme is achieving its main objective of combating the deflationary threat. Also with the GBP Current Account being released at 08:30, which has seen larger deficits than forecast for the last year, EUR gains on Sterling could be reinforced today if this trend continues.

Today will be a chance to see if the Eurozone’s QE programme and near-zero interest rates are having any effect on inflation just yet. Eurozone CPI y/y is forecast to come in at -0.3%, but encouraging German data from last week have provided optimism during a time over economic recovery in Europe. Other data on the day includes Canadian GDP m/m and US consumer confidence figures. We may begin to see some market volatility today as there is a good deal of US data later on in the week.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3430 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3233 to the £ on their debit card.

##During the day the pound has recovered some ground and CaxtonFX are now offering €1.3510 to the £.##

Ecky Thump
01-04-2015, 10:34
:
The Pound again has made gains against the Euro.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3800

Yesterday saw Sterling gain around 0.8% on the single currency over the course of the session. This was on the back of slightly better than forecast GDP data for the UK, an increase of 0.6%, along with a fall in the size of the Current Account deficit for the UK economy.
Attention now turns to Manufacturing PMI for the UK. With this being the only real piece of data of note that is being released for this pairing today, a better than forecast figure could see Stirling gains continue.

UK data was mixed yesterday as the current account came in worse than expected from the UK, but Final GDP q/q came in positively. Eurozone CPI y/y was not as poor as expected, coming in at -0.1%, when expectations were for -0.3% y/y. This is positive news for the euro, as it is an encouraging sign that inflation may be picking up as a result of the implementation of near-zero interest rates and quantitative easing. The pound gained against the euro during yesterday's session, and a positive PMI figure today could see that trend repeat itself.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3460 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3240 to the £ on their debit card.

tfs1
01-04-2015, 17:08
1.352 at the exchange place near Fados in Los Cris at lunchtime today.

Ecky Thump
02-04-2015, 10:21
:

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3718

Weak manufacturing data from the UK coupled with forecast beating manufacturing data out of the Eurozone yesterday saw the single currency gain around 0.7% in the morning to 1.3710. Sterling then managed to regain some ground in afternoon trading, closing at 1.3765.
With little data of note coming out of the Eurozone today, the main focus will be on UK Construction PMI at 09:30. With the upward revision of GDP for the final three months of 2014 for the UK, this figure may be released higher than forecast which will allow Sterling to progress against the Euro over the course of today.

UK Manufacturing data came in yesterday below market expectations, which saw the pound fall against major currency pairings. Disappointing employment and manufacturing data from the US triggered dollar selling in the afternoon. Today will see the UK's Construction PMI in the morning followed by US trade balance and unemployment claims data in the afternoon. Traders will continue to position ahead of the all-important US non-farms employment data which coincides with a thin market ahead of its release on Good Friday and leads us nicely into a long Easter weekend.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3370 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3176 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
04-04-2015, 09:44
:
No Finance news over the Bank Holiday, but exchange rates are.....

CaxtonFX are currently offering €1.3330 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3101 on their debit card.

:
TOTO 99 I am sure will have a wallet full of Euros as Angusjim maintains that he had to pay for all of TOTO's drink!:p

Angusjim
04-04-2015, 09:56
:
No Finance news over the Bank Holiday, but exchange rates are.....

CaxtonFX are currently offering €1.3330 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3101 on their debit card.

:
TOTO 99 I am sure will have a wallet full of Euros as Angusjim maintains that he had to pay for all of TOTO's drink!:p
Spot on Ecky these Warrington guys make us Scots look great in the spending stakes

TOTO 99
04-04-2015, 10:05
I prefer to call it "appearance money"....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
04-04-2015, 10:09
1.352 at the exchange place near Fados in Los Cris at lunchtime today.

If your in that area today, can you give us a update......please.:)

Angusjim
04-04-2015, 10:09
I prefer to call it "appearance money"....:laugh:

Or in your case the NON appearance money:wink2::whistle:

TOTO 99
04-04-2015, 10:14

I knew I'd skint you on the first meeting...I was never gonna get any more out of you..:laugh:

Ecky Thump
04-04-2015, 10:14

I bet the drink that YOU bought him did a quick disappearing act! :trink: :drinking:

Angusjim
04-04-2015, 10:16
I bet the drink that YOU bought him did a quick disappearing act! :drink: :drinking:

I lent him 20 euros said he would give me it back on Saturday when we were meeting again but he texted some **** & bull story about meeting his brother in law and could not make it:whistle::dontknow:

TOTO 99
04-04-2015, 10:18
I lent him 20 euros said he would give me it back on Saturday when we were meeting again but he texted some **** & bull story about meeting his brother in law and could not make it:whistle::dontknow:

Works every time...:lol:

tfs1
04-04-2015, 16:35
If your in that area today, can you give us a update......please.:)

ET - didn't go that far today just made it to the Lottery shop down from Lewinskis (nr the Los Cris bus station) to pick up our €8.40 winnings from last night and reinvest more for next week, bought a yellow pepper (70c) from the fruit/veg shop nearby and finally a wonderful baguette (40c) at the small shop next to Crisitan Sur.

Having spent todays allowance we will make the effort and take a stroll that way tomorrow and report back.

tfs1
06-04-2015, 11:03
Exchange rate displayed in Los Cris this morning is

nr FADOS - 1.342

Admiral Travel 1.335

Ecky Thump
06-04-2015, 11:13
Exchange rate displayed in Los Cris this morning is

nr FADOS - 1.342

Admiral Travel 1.335

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3330

No further reports or forecast due to the Easter Bank Holiday....but I don't give a fig as my Euro's are already bought and ready to spend in 22 Days time! :jumping:°

Angusjim
06-04-2015, 17:33
CaxtonFX are offering €1.3330

No further reports or forecast due to the Easter Bank Holiday....but I don't give a fig as my Euro's are already bought and ready to spend in 22 Days time! :jumping:°

Don't you get the bank holidays off:lol:

Ecky Thump
07-04-2015, 12:58
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3706

Thursday saw the Euro gain around 0.7% on Sterling. This was on the back of below forecast construction PMI data out of the UK.
Attention today will be on services PMI data coming out of the UK and the Eurozone. With a recent pickup in economic activity in the Eurozone, forecast beating data could be seen again that will allow the single currency to advance further against Sterling.

With the dollar reeling from poor US non-farms employment change data on Friday, the euro has strengthened and the pound has steadied over the long Easter weekend. Currency markets have seen a fundamental shift from the poor US data, which could be an indicator that the Fed will wait longer to raise interest rates in the states. Construction PMI data is out for the UK this morning, and with exactly one month until Election Day, the candidates are hot on the campaign trail and we can expect some volatility from sterling.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3086 to the £ on their debit card.

Angusjim
07-04-2015, 13:04
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3706

Thursday saw the Euro gain around 0.7% on Sterling. This was on the back of below forecast construction PMI data out of the UK.
Attention today will be on services PMI data coming out of the UK and the Eurozone. With a recent pickup in economic activity in the Eurozone, forecast beating data could be seen again that will allow the single currency to advance further against Sterling.

With the dollar reeling from poor US non-farms employment change data on Friday, the euro has strengthened and the pound has steadied over the long Easter weekend. Currency markets have seen a fundamental shift from the poor US data, which could be an indicator that the Fed will wait longer to raise interest rates in the states. Construction PMI data is out for the UK this morning, and with exactly one month until Election Day, the candidates are hot on the campaign trail and we can expect some volatility from sterling.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3086 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky
If you are going to provide this service can please ensure that it is posted a bit earlier each day thanking you in anticipation of your understanding in this matter:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 13:26
I love the way you go one about the diff of one or 2 euros here and there ....it's not like you're gonna spend more than 50.00 in a fortnight now is it:whistle::D

Ecky Thump
07-04-2015, 13:37
I love the way you go one about the diff of one or 2 euros here and there ....it's not like you're gonna spend more than 50.00 in a fortnight now is it:whistle::D

In Scotland we see the importance of hundredths of a cent! as Angusjim says......

"look after your cent and be more attractive to women".

LUCKY
07-04-2015, 13:46
In Scotland we see the importance of hundredths of a cent! as Angusjim says......

Do you also use common cents ? :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 13:52

Scent :lol:old spice

Angusjim
07-04-2015, 14:03
Can you please stay on topic this is very serious thread about a VERY important issues:mad:

Many a mickle maks a muckle

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 14:27
Can you please stay on topic this is very serious thread about a VERY important issues:mad:

and this isnae the same six letter ......thread:twak::lol:

Ecky Thump
07-04-2015, 14:28

Moyen does muckle, but moyen does mair.

Or

Put twa pennies in a purse and they will creep thigither.
:lol:

We need Medman on this thread.:wink:

Medman
07-04-2015, 16:31
Moyen does muckle, but moyen does mair.

Or

Put twa pennies in a purse and they will creep thigither.
:lol:

We need Medman on this thread.:wink:

I am far too articulate to join in on this jolly type of banter, or as we say in Killie "A huvnae a scooby whit yer oan aboot"

Ecky Thump
08-04-2015, 12:47
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3708

This pairing saw a peak of 1.3717 yesterday. These gains, from opening the day at 1.3632, were a result of forecast beating services PMI data for the UK. The purchasing managers index came in at 58.9, an increase from 56.7 the previous month. With the services sector being the largest sector of the UK economy, such an increase in activity in this sector indicates wider economic recovery. This supports the view that the next move in the interest rate will be an upwards one in the UK.
European retails sales (10:00) is the only piece of data today that is likely to allow the single currency to make any gains on Sterling. A poor release here could see Sterling gains continue.

The first trading day after Easter saw the pound and dollar rally against the euro. The pound pressed on against the euro yesterday, as positive services data provided encouragement that at least the UK's services sector is still expanding. Also, the dollar's natural resiliency shone through on the 7th of April, as it recovered losses incurred from Friday's poor jobs data. Tonight, the all-important FOMC meeting minutes will be released from the latest meeting three weeks ago, which usually means market volatility.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3420 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit card.

Ice Bank are offering 1.3155 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
09-04-2015, 12:31
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3791

Cable had strengthened to nearly 1.5 before the Federal Reserve meeting minutes last night, but as soon as the meeting minutes were released, the market interpreted them as more hawkish than expected and the dollar strengthened. This morning the pairing is trading around the 1.48 level as European markets open, and further dollar strength once the US markets open is a distinct possibility. Nothing is expected to change with the UK's official bank rate today, but we may see some volatility once US unemployment claims are released this afternoon.

The Federal Reserve's meeting minutes last night showed that officials are divided over the possibility of a June rate rise. The minutes showed that "several" officials thought that June is an appropriate time to increase interest rates, while others cited below-target inflation, among other factors, as a reason to keep rates low. The market had been expecting move dovish sentiment from the Fed, and the dollar has strengthened overnight and especially this morning as a result of the news. Today, we see the official bank rate and an MPC rate statement in the UK, building permits data in Canada, and unemployment claims data out of the US.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3241 to the £ when you load their card.

Ecky Thump
10-04-2015, 10:27
:
The GB Pound showing strength against the Euro.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3825

The MPC voted to keep the UK base rate at 0.50% yesterday. This came as no real surprise with inflation still around zero, with the risk of it falling into negative territory in the near future. This meant that Sterling dropped off by around 50 points in the morning. Sterling managed to regain some ground in the afternoon on the back of the news that Greece had met its first debt repayment to the IMF, but they would be unable to meet further obligations without further financial support from the European Union, which is not a guarantee. GBP/EUR closed at 1.3805.
The prominent piece of data being released today is the Manufacturing production figures for the UK (9:30), predicted to turn positive after a negative release last month. Strong figures from this release could see Sterling gains continue from yesterday afternoon.

The US dollar was the big star during yesterday's trading, as the world's most widely traded currency appreciated across the board, driving the dollar index to a 3-week high. The Fed minutes released Wednesday evening had a delayed effect for dollar appreciation, and the market is now interpreting the news to mean that there could possibly be a rate rise in June, which is a fact that was less clear during the Fed meeting and press conference a few weeks ago. Today, there is UK Manufacturing Production m/m figures out this morning, and Canadian employment data out this afternoon.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3250 when you load their debit card.

Ecky Thump
11-04-2015, 18:01
:
Today CaxtonFX are offering €1.3510 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3253 to the £ on their debit card.

Leam_Lin
11-04-2015, 18:10
1.355 at the excursion shop downstairs by the entrance to the Mercadona in San Eugenio.

Ecky Thump
13-04-2015, 10:37
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3825

This currency pairing has been battling it out as each currency is grappling for the upper hand, and this week may prove pivotal. The euro is benefitting from strong German economic performance, but at the same time is faced with the risk of Greece defaulting. The single currency has been stable for the last few weeks, but may start to falter if the Greek crisis escalates. With very little on the calendar for today, sideways trading can be expected.

Friday saw the USD strengthen even further as cable fell from the 1.47 level into the 1.45 range against the pound, marking a new low. The pound has been weakening across the board, as the election draws nearer, but also as traders await this week’s UK data. This week’s UK data will show inflation levels and wage growth, which will be important indicators of economic growth before the run-up to the election. With the dollar at such strong levels, on the back of such weak data, a natural rebound and dollar weakness may be in the cards this week.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3210 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
14-04-2015, 10:57
:
The Euro Shows Signs of Weakening.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3887

Sterling gained around 0.65% on the single currency yesterday. With no data of real importance released yesterday, this move was more a continuation of Sterling gains from the back end of last week.
Attention today will be on the release of UK CPI (09:30). With inflation expected to remain around zero, some Sterling weakness may be expected on the back of this data. With very little data coming out of the Eurozone today, UK inflation data will set the tone for trading of this pairing today.

A day of light trading yesterday precedes a busy week of data which starts this morning. Today we will see the CPI y/y from the UK, and core retail sales m/m, PPI m/m, and retail sales m/m from the US. With cable recovering ever so slightly from its fall yesterday, today should prove yet another pivotal day. The euro weakened yesterday for no apparent reason other than it has been relatively strong in the last few weeks. Concerns remain in the Eurozone, as more of Greece's payments loom on the horizon. Additionally, Draghi is expected to use dovish language in his ECB statement and press conference tomorrow, as the Eurozone's QE programme is barely a month and a half old and needs more time to have an effect.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3520 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3347 to the £ when you load their debit card.

Ecky Thump
15-04-2015, 13:32
:
The pound shows strength.

GBP/Euro: Currently trading at 1.3882

Yesterday saw range bound trading for this pairing, with a low of 1.3829 and a peak of 1.3878 over the day. Although inflation for the UK came in at zero, this was expected, which meant that the impact of this release was minimal.
Today the focus will be on the European Minimum Bid rate (12:45) and the ECB Press Conference (13:30). With the minimum bid rate expected to remain at 0.50%, the ECB press conference is likely to have more impact on this pairing. With a pickup in Industrial production yesterday to 1.1%, this release may be more hawkish than expected which could lead to Euro strength going into the afternoon.

UK data came in on target yesterday, but US retail sales and PPI data both undershot expectations and the dollar fell across the board as a result. US data is playing a particularly crucial role in the dollar's strength at the moment, as the Fed is basing their decision regarding when to raise interest rates on if the US economy is strong enough to absorb a rate hike, and poor data does not bode well. Today, we will see an ECB minimum bid rate and press conference. The bid rate is not expected to change, but traders will be intently watching Mario Draghi and the ECB's press conference regarding the state of the Eurozone economy. Later on, we will see the Canadian monetary policy report, alongside their latest interest rate decision.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3620 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3302 to the £ when you load their debit card.

Ecky Thump
16-04-2015, 10:54
:

Greece still causing major uncertainty within the Eurozone

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3944

Yesterday saw Sterling reach the 1.3950 mark. This was on the back of comments from Mario Draghi, at the ECB press conference, that the ECB intended to complete its bond buying programme until September 2016, indicating the earliest time there could be a rate rise is the back end of next year. This is despite the recent pickup in economic activity in the Eurozone.
This morning has seen a further downgrade of Greece's credit rating, which could lead to increased uncertainty over Greece's ability to meet its debt obligations. With no data of significance being released for this pairing today, Euro weakness could be seen with an increased threat of Greek default.

It will still take some time before there is a complete turnaround and strong growth in the Eurozone, but Mario Draghi commented that stimulus efforts are delivering signs of progress in Europe. However, he also went on to stress that the region's full recovery depends on completion of the stimulus programme through to September 2016 coupled with sustained low interest rates. This morning saw Australian dollar strength from a fall in the Australian unemployment rate and positive employment change figures. Today, US data regarding building permits, unemployment claims, and the Philly Fed Manufacturing Index will be released in the afternoon.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3600 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3348 to the £ on their debit card.

Ecky Thump
17-04-2015, 11:45
:
GBP/Euro: Currently trading at 1.3886

Yesterday this pairing peaked around the 1.3950 mark in the morning. This was likely a result of the further downgrading of Greece's credit rating, leading to increased uncertainty over a Greek default. The single currency then managed to regain some ground in the afternoon closing at 1.3865. This move may have been a delayed reaction to the optimistic comments from Mario Draghi on Wednesday.
Today attention will be on the UK Average Earnings Index and Claimant Count Change (09:30). This will be followed by Eurozone CPI (10:00). With UK data expected to improve from last month and Eurozone CPI expected to remain negative, Sterling gains could be seen on the back of these releases.

The dollar has started off the day immediately on the back foot. Several members of the Federal Reserve this week spoke to the press and general public commenting that the economic indicators that are necessary for a June rate hike have not been present lately. March hiring in the US was slow, retails sales fell, and home building data was softer than expected. Some dollar weakness during the day, or at least some volatile trading, can be expected as the market comes to terms with these latest comments from Fed members. Meanwhile, this morning will see the release of the Average Earnings Index 3 m/y, claimant count change, and the unemployment rate in the UK. Later, the US will release CPI m/m and core CPI m/m data, as well as consumer sentiment data in the afternoon.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3550 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3332 to the £ when you load their debit card.

marbro8
17-04-2015, 20:28
:
GBP/Euro: Currently trading at 1.3886

Yesterday this pairing peaked around the 1.3950 mark in the morning. This was likely a result of the further downgrading of Greece's credit rating, leading to increased uncertainty over a Greek default. The single currency then managed to regain some ground in the afternoon closing at 1.3865. This move may have been a delayed reaction to the optimistic comments from Mario Draghi on Wednesday.
Today attention will be on the UK Average Earnings Index and Claimant Count Change (09:30). This will be followed by Eurozone CPI (10:00). With UK data expected to improve from last month and Eurozone CPI expected to remain negative, Sterling gains could be seen on the back of these releases.

The dollar has started off the day immediately on the back foot. Several members of the Federal Reserve this week spoke to the press and general public commenting that the economic indicators that are necessary for a June rate hike have not been present lately. March hiring in the US was slow, retails sales fell, and home building data was softer than expected. Some dollar weakness during the day, or at least some volatile trading, can be expected as the market comes to terms with these latest comments from Fed members. Meanwhile, this morning will see the release of the Average Earnings Index 3 m/y, claimant count change, and the unemployment rate in the UK. Later, the US will release CPI m/m and core CPI m/m data, as well as consumer sentiment data in the afternoon.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3550 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3332 to the £ when you load their debit card.i know that i have changed £2000 into euros ready for my hols,and i got €1.28 for the first thou and i think i got €1.35 for the second, but the pound seems to be getting stronger against the euro, and you normally get a better rate in resort, so i was wondering if it would still be better taking some money over to change in resort when we come in may?:dontknow:

warbey
17-04-2015, 20:33
i know that i have changed £2000 into euros ready for my hols,and i got €1.28 for the first thou and i think i got €1.35 for the second, but the pound seems to be getting stronger against the euro, and you normally get a better rate in resort, so i was wondering if it would still be better taking some money over to change in resort when we come in may?:dontknow:

How many months are You there for M8.? :devil:

marbro8
17-04-2015, 20:37
How many months are You there for M8.? :devil:2 weeks but i have an expensive lifestyle:laugh:

warbey
17-04-2015, 20:44
2 weeks but i have an expensive lifestyle:laugh:

Keep Her in the manner she has become accustomed too eh.?

Meanwhile look how Carol spoils Ecky...?...:devil:

marbro8
17-04-2015, 21:10
Keep Her in the manner she has become accustomed too eh.?

Meanwhile look how Carol spoils Ecky...?...:devil:i must admit that the lad does play his part on holiday, i have seen him ironing (albeit in his boxers) and he cleans and scrubs the apartment every few days:wink:, mind you carol probably does it the other 10 months of the year:laugh:

Ecky Thump
17-04-2015, 21:36
i know that i have changed £2000 into euros ready for my hols,and i got €1.28 for the first thou and i think i got €1.35 for the second, but the pound seems to be getting stronger against the euro, and you normally get a better rate in resort, so i was wondering if it would still be better taking some money over to change in resort when we come in may?:dontknow:

If you've got a Euro debit card, you are just as well loading it before you go out to Tenerife, it saves the worry of carrying cash and the way the pound/euro is at the moment a few points of a cent isn't going to make much difference, unless of course you are "Money Laundering!"

The rate that CaxtonFX are giving is much the same as the exchange shops in Tenerife, apart from the robbing Asian Bazzars.:nono:

marbro8
17-04-2015, 22:05
If you've got a Euro debit card, you are just as well loading it before you go out to Tenerife, it saves the worry of carrying cash and the way the pound/euro is at the moment a few points of a cent isn't going to make much difference, unless of course you are "Money Laundering!"

The rate that CaxtonFX are giving is much the same as the exchange shops in Tenerife, apart from the robbing Asian Bazzars.:nono:you got me off at the money laundering bit:ashamed:, sorry mr crabb only jesting:laugh:

martincrabb99
18-04-2015, 09:05
you got me off at the money laundering bit:ashamed:, sorry mr crabb only jesting:laugh:

If you've got any money left from accidentally putting your money in the laundry put some on Villa to win on Sunday at 9/2.

Ecky Thump
19-04-2015, 11:39
:
Today CaxtonFX are offering €1.3530 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3376 to the £ when you load their euro debit card.

Ecky Thump
20-04-2015, 11:15
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3866

Friday morning saw the UK Jobless rate fall to its lowest level since 2008. Followed by a negative release for CPI in the Eurozone, Sterling managed to make some gains in the morning, with a peak of 1.3937 for the day.
The main release for this pairing today is the German Buba Monthly report (11:00). With a pickup in economic conditions in Europe, a hawkish release here could see some gains for the single currency. However, if there is continued uncertainty over the Greek situation, these gains may be limited.

The Conservatives and Labour are neck and neck tied at 34% according to the latest BBC poll, the questions now almost without a doubt becomes, 'which parties will band together to form a majority government'? Sterling has been steady so far throughout the election season with minimal volatility. However, with just over two weeks to go, we may see some unease in the UK currency as we approach the big Election Day. Later on today, the governors of the Bank of Canada and the Reserve Bank of Australia will be speaking at separate engagements. Overnight tonight, the Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes will be released from the Australian central bank's latest meeting. The Australian dollar and Canadian dollar have staged a comeback in the last few months as commodity prices have stabilized.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3545 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3303 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
21-04-2015, 11:12
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at €1.3940

Yesterday saw range-bound trading for this pairing, with no data of any real significance released. GBP/EUR closed at 1.3856, just 10 points below where it opened.
Today attention will be on the German ZEW economic statement (10:00). This release is expected to be an improvement from last month, with German growth being driven by falling oil prices and a weak euro. We may see some advances from the single currency if this release comes in as expected. However, these gains may be limited by the increased concern over a Greek default, with obligations totalling 3 billion euros due for the next 15 days.

The US dollar has been appreciating steadily throughout yesterday's session and overnight as a result of little more than recovering losses from last week. Traders will be looking toward data later in the week to gauge how strong or weak the dollar will become. The dollar has been struggling to find its real value as economic data has been varied and Federal Reserve officials are sending mixed signals lately. Australia's central bank meeting minutes were released yesterday, which indicated that the RBA may cut interest rates yet again as soon as its May meeting, which weakened the Aussie during overnight trading. Today will see the release of German ZEW Economic Sentiment data released at 10:00 A.M., as well as Canadian Wholesale Sales m/m this afternoon.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3600 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3361 to the £ when you load their debit card.

Ecky Thump
22-04-2015, 11:32
:

Greece still continues to cause uncertainty in the Eurozone.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3894

Sterling rallied against the euro in the morning, while the afternoon session saw the euro recover some ground. The main data release affecting the pairing was the results of the German ZEW Economic Sentiment survey, lower than forecast at 53.3, and of the overall ZEW Economic sentiment, higher than forecast at 64.8.
This morning sees the results of the MPC votes. The rest of the day looks fairly quiet for UK and euro data, so fluctuations will most likely stem from ongoing uncertainties about Greece’s situation and the upcoming UK election. Looking ahead to the morning, France and Germany will both release Flash Manufacturing PMI, both forecasted to increase, which may give the euro room to make further gains against the pound in the morning.

Data from the UK this week has so far been very thin on the ground, and today brings the first serious release in the form of the Monetary Policy Committee’s Official Bank Rate Votes. Of course as we stand it is highly improbable that any member of the MPC will see fit to raise interest rates but traders will be eyeing the result closely and any sign of a policy member voting for an interest rate hike will see the pound backed. We will have to wait until tomorrow for any further scheduled high impact data so the currency markets are likely to take their lead today on any developments on the markets main focus which is the Greek debt saga.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3570 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3320 to the £ when you load their debit card.

Ecky Thump
23-04-2015, 12:51
:
:
The Pound makes more gains over the Euro.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4025

The pound strengthened yesterday, reaching 1.40 for the first time since mid-March, and has maintained that strength into the morning session. Yesterday's MPC meeting notes were slightly hawkish on inflation and interest rates. Eurozone data released so far today, including Manufacturing PMI, has been weaker than expected. However, disappointing UK retail sales have seen the euro gain against sterling.
With no new data expected this afternoon, the markets will continue to react to this morning's data and yesterday's BOE minutes, and look towards tomorrow's Eurogroup meetings in Riga for the next step in the Greece saga.

We have already witnessed a flurry of activity in the euro zone this morning with the release of Flash Services and Manufacturing PMI data from the euro zones two power houses France and Germany. The releases, although not catastrophic, came in below market expectation and have the ability to undermine confidence in the single currency today. Elsewhere the UK Retail Sales figure was released (09:30). The figure disappointed coming in at -0.5%. As the first serious economic release from the UK all week traders have used it as a signal to sell sterling. US Unemployment Claims follow this at 13:30 and will provide further insight into the strength of the US economy. A good result here will play into the hands of dollar bulls expecting an interest rate hike in the States.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3462 to the £ when you load their debit card.

martincrabb99
23-04-2015, 15:03
€1.37.50 in San Blas yesterday

Ecky Thump
24-04-2015, 11:08
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3909

Yesterday saw the euro strengthening against the pound despite weak data from both parties, with German and French Manufacturing and Services PMI data and UK retail sails all failing to meet forecasts. The results of the German Ifo Business Climate survey came in slightly higher than forecast this morning, with some fluctuations in the rate as markets digest this and yesterday's data.
With no additional eurozone or UK data on the agenda, the main movers for this pairing will be the outcome of the day's Eurogroup meetings, though a deal with Greece remains unlikely. We can expect some volatility from the euro as a result.

Equity investors in the US have long feared the inevitable first interest rate rise, and have been cautious with investment over the last few months as a June rate rise was appearing more and more likely. Now that poor U.S. data has pushed expectations of an interest rate rise back from June, further into 2015, the dollar has weakened and equities have surged in the US, Asia, and Europe this morning. US equity indexes had a very good day, with the NASDAQ hitting another historical record high, and the Dow Jones Industrial Index gaining over 100 points during the session. Today, we look to the Eurogroup meetings for any information regarding the impending Greek debt crisis, and US core durable goods orders later in the day.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3580 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3335 to the £ when you load their debit card.

martincrabb99
24-04-2015, 11:32
I will check San Blas later this week and update this useful thread[emoji41]

Ecky Thump
25-04-2015, 10:45
:
:
CaxtonFX are offering €1.3630 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3420 to the £ when you load there debit card.

Mr martincrabb99 will be posting what's available on the street in San Blass.....after his coffee and fried breakfast.:p

LUCKY
25-04-2015, 11:34
:
:
CaxtonFX are offering €1.3630 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3420 to the £ when you load there debit card.

Mr martincrabb99 will be posting what's available on the street in San Blass.....after his coffee and fried breakfast.:p

And i LUCKY will say i got 1.37 yesterday at San Blas. As i need a lot of euros as i am meeting martincrabb99 today for some libation i am certain it will be my round:flatcap: :feret::feret::feret::feret:

martincrabb99
25-04-2015, 12:57
And i LUCKY will say i got 1.37 yesterday at San Blas. As i need a lot of euros as i am meeting martincrabb99 today for some libation i am certain it will be my round:flatcap: :feret::feret::feret::feret:

I agree entirely that it's your round but not to worry I always stand my round and I have loaded up with local dosh!!

Anne 2009
25-04-2015, 20:43
got 1.36 at thomsons today :)

Ecky Thump
25-04-2015, 20:54
got 1.36 at thomsons today :)

Was that money that you were putting onto a Euro Debit Card or a cash exchange, as Thompson Travel Exchange are showing their rate as €1.3336 to the £ which is a fair rate of exchange in the UK.

Anne 2009
25-04-2015, 21:00
Was that money that you were putting onto a Euro Debit Card or a cash exchange, as Thompson Travel Exchange are showing their rate as €1.3336 to the £ which is a fair rate of exchange in the UK.
it was cash ecky at thomson travel agency shop.

it was cash ecky at thomson travel agency shop.

in Doncaster town centre

Ecky Thump
27-04-2015, 14:15
:
This will be my last Euro Report for a month.....
Tenerife bound on Wednesday morning to spend my Euro's !!:D

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3968

On Friday, the focus was on Eurogroup meetings in Riga, with no new UK data released. No Greece deal was reached, as expected, and while the official line remains that Greece will not default and that the eurozone is indivisible, some finance ministers expressed frustration with Greece's reluctance to commit to reforms, including capital controls, and called for a Plan B in case of a Greek default.
Today's main data release is the results of the UK's CBI Industrial Order Expectations, forecast to show an increase in the number of orders received. Negotiations will continue between Greece and its creditors as Greece looks for a way to pay this week's salaries and pensions in addition to upcoming repayments to the IMF. We can expect continued volatility from the euro, with the possibility of some strengthening from the pound if today's data results are positive.

The dollar posted broad losses over the weekend, driven by negative sentiment about US economic performance over the last few weeks. Poor data on Friday, in the form of core durable goods orders m/m, did not bode well for the greenback, which was already on the back foot. Cable rose significantly on the negative dollar sentiment, and further volatility can be expected, as we look forward to the Federal Reserve meeting this week on Wednesday. There is little on the calendar today, apart from RBA governor Stevens speaking at a conference later tonight. This could be a high-impact conference, as the Australian central bank is largely expected to cut interest rates at their next meeting in May.

Ice Bank are offering €1.13397 to the £ when you load their Euro debit card.

marbro8
27-04-2015, 17:30
:
This will be my last Euro Report for a month.....
Tenerife bound on Wednesday morning to spend my Euro's !!:D

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3968

On Friday, the focus was on Eurogroup meetings in Riga, with no new UK data released. No Greece deal was reached, as expected, and while the official line remains that Greece will not default and that the eurozone is indivisible, some finance ministers expressed frustration with Greece's reluctance to commit to reforms, including capital controls, and called for a Plan B in case of a Greek default.
Today's main data release is the results of the UK's CBI Industrial Order Expectations, forecast to show an increase in the number of orders received. Negotiations will continue between Greece and its creditors as Greece looks for a way to pay this week's salaries and pensions in addition to upcoming repayments to the IMF. We can expect continued volatility from the euro, with the possibility of some strengthening from the pound if today's data results are positive.

The dollar posted broad losses over the weekend, driven by negative sentiment about US economic performance over the last few weeks. Poor data on Friday, in the form of core durable goods orders m/m, did not bode well for the greenback, which was already on the back foot. Cable rose significantly on the negative dollar sentiment, and further volatility can be expected, as we look forward to the Federal Reserve meeting this week on Wednesday. There is little on the calendar today, apart from RBA governor Stevens speaking at a conference later tonight. This could be a high-impact conference, as the Australian central bank is largely expected to cut interest rates at their next meeting in May.

Ice Bank are offering €1.13397 to the £ when you load their Euro debit card.you don't get out of it that easy big boy, we will want an update on the rate in tenerife every day, give you something to do other than cleaning and ironing:D

Ecky Thump
27-04-2015, 18:37
you don't get out of it that easy big boy, we will want an update on the rate in tenerife every day, give you something to do other than cleaning and ironing:D

I won't be doing any of that this time, as I'm bringing my Young French Au pair over..you won't be disappointed when you see her doing my ironing while wearing my white boxer shorts. :wow:

Ecky Thump
28-04-2015, 11:59
:
I've relented with one last Euro Report.....for our resident Euro Millionaire marbro8

GBP/Euro: Currently trading at 1.3949

Yesterday, Greece announced that Deputy Foreign Minister Tsakalotos will be handling day-to-day negotiations with Greece's creditors, while Varoufakis will remain in charge of political negotiations. The pound nevertheless maintained its strength against the euro.
This morning, the UK released its q/q preliminary GDP, which came in slightly worse than forecast at 0.3%. With no major data expected from the eurozone today, attention will be on the continuing negotiations for a Greek deal before its upcoming repayments.

Yesterday's quieter calendar provided room for speculators to trade in the way that they saw fit. The pound gained against the euro, dollar, and several other currencies during the trading session yesterday, as traders are still wary of the risks facing the euro and dollar. The pound has been unusually stable despite the pressure of next week's general election outcome being far from certain. Although there is still uncertainty about which way the election will go, the pound is holding up, and there does not seem to be positioning for a prolonged slump following Election Day next Thursday. Today's calendar includes Preliminary GDP q/q from the UK, followed this afternoon by the Bank of Canada's governor Poloz speaking in Ottawa, and finally ending with US consumer confidence data.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3680 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

imablue
28-04-2015, 12:53
This morning at Torviscas Travel showing 1.37 ......

Chine
08-05-2015, 21:38
With the elections now done the pound is getting stronger and the euro rate may sneak back up again

essexeddie
09-05-2015, 20:21
With the elections now done the pound is getting stronger and the euro rate may sneak back up again

Hope so. I was getting 1.41 in March at an ATM

Chine
09-05-2015, 20:40
The Pound Sterling to Euro (GBP/EUR) exchange rate is forecast to continue to advance next week, as the markets will continue to digest the implications of the Conservative Party’s surprise election victory.

As the results came in, Sterling broke above the $1.55 mark against the dollar and saw its sharpest rise against the euro for six years, rising by 2% to hit €1.382 against the single currency. Sterling also jumped by 1.75% against the dollar to $1.551 – representing a two-and-a-half month high.

The Pound Sterling to Euro (GBP/EUR) Exchange Rate Hit a Weekly High of 1.3831 on May 8

Next week gets off to a data filled start for the Pound, as on Monday the Bank of England (BoE) will announce its latest quantitative easing and interest rate decisions. Economists are widely forecasting that central bank policy makers will choose to leave its monthly quantitative easing rate at £375 billion and maintain interest rates at the record low level of 0.5%.

Tuesday will see the release of Manufacturing Production and Industrial Production data released. Both figures are expected to show improvement. Monthly industrial production is expected to improve from 0.1% to 0.5%. Yearly manufacturing is forecast to rise from 1.1% to 1.17%. Also due for release in the session will be the latest NIESR GDP third quarter estimate figures.

Wednesday will see the publication of the latest Claimant Count, Unemployment Rate and Average Earnings data. Stronger than expected figures will be a huge boost to the new Conservative government and could reaffirm that British voters made the right choice when it comes to the economy. Also due that day will be a wealth of economic data out of the Eurozone, chief of which will be German GDP and Inflation data.

buys you:High Street BankYou could gain an extra
On Thursday and Friday there is a lack of market moving UK economic data releases.

Despite the uncertainty of the general election out of the way economists will now be focusing on the Conservatives pledge to hold an in-out referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union. In the long-term, the Pound could soften as economists digest the implications of the result.

‘Many will remember how poorly Sterling performed in early September of last year in the face of a potential Scottish exit from the union and wonder whether the threat of another referendum could similarly weigh on the currency,’ warned Simon Derrick from BNY Mellon.

Investors will now focus on next week’s key meeting between Greece and its European creditors.

If German GDP data disappoints we can expect the Euro to fall, as optimism that the Eurozone is recovering will be dented.

Thanks for reading!

Matthew Olney
Matthew Olney has a degree in newspaper and magazine journalism. He writes market updates for a number of online and printed publications.
View all posts by Matthew Olney | Find Matthew Olney on Google+

LUCKY
09-05-2015, 20:45
The Pound Sterling to Euro (GBP/EUR) exchange rate is forecast to continue to advance next week, as the markets will continue to digest the implications of the Conservative Party’s surprise election victory.

As the results came in, Sterling broke above the $1.55 mark against the dollar and saw its sharpest rise against the euro for six years, rising by 2% to hit €1.382 against the single currency. Sterling also jumped by 1.75% against the dollar to $1.551 – representing a two-and-a-half month high.

The Pound Sterling to Euro (GBP/EUR) Exchange Rate Hit a Weekly High of 1.3831 on May 8

Next week gets off to a data filled start for the Pound, as on Monday the Bank of England (BoE) will announce its latest quantitative easing and interest rate decisions. Economists are widely forecasting that central bank policy makers will choose to leave its monthly quantitative easing rate at £375 billion and maintain interest rates at the record low level of 0.5%.

Tuesday will see the release of Manufacturing Production and Industrial Production data released. Both figures are expected to show improvement. Monthly industrial production is expected to improve from 0.1% to 0.5%. Yearly manufacturing is forecast to rise from 1.1% to 1.17%. Also due for release in the session will be the latest NIESR GDP third quarter estimate figures.

Wednesday will see the publication of the latest Claimant Count, Unemployment Rate and Average Earnings data. Stronger than expected figures will be a huge boost to the new Conservative government and could reaffirm that British voters made the right choice when it comes to the economy. Also due that day will be a wealth of economic data out of the Eurozone, chief of which will be German GDP and Inflation data.

buys you:High Street BankYou could gain an extra
On Thursday and Friday there is a lack of market moving UK economic data releases.

Despite the uncertainty of the general election out of the way economists will now be focusing on the Conservatives pledge to hold an in-out referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union. In the long-term, the Pound could soften as economists digest the implications of the result.

‘Many will remember how poorly Sterling performed in early September of last year in the face of a potential Scottish exit from the union and wonder whether the threat of another referendum could similarly weigh on the currency,’ warned Simon Derrick from BNY Mellon.

Investors will now focus on next week’s key meeting between Greece and its European creditors.

If German GDP data disappoints we can expect the Euro to fall, as optimism that the Eurozone is recovering will be dented.

Thanks for reading!

Matthew Olney
Matthew Olney has a degree in newspaper and magazine journalism. He writes market updates for a number of online and printed publications.
View all posts by Matthew Olney | Find Matthew Olney on Google+

My goodness me i have just returned from the happy hour , and not won the bingo but had noticed you had typed this twice,or was it i who was seeing double. Thank you for youre informative post :flatcap::flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret::fer et::feret::feret::feret: why 2 flatcaps and 8 ferrets i have no idea.

Chine
09-05-2015, 20:50
My goodness me i have just returned from the happy hour , and not won the bingo but had noticed you had typed this twice,or was it i who was seeing double. Thank you for youre informative post :flatcap::flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret::fer et::feret::feret::feret: why 2 flatcaps and 8 ferrets i have no idea.

:lol: it will all be clearer in the morning :lol:

LUCKY
09-05-2015, 20:58
:lol: it will all be clearer in the morning :lol:

Its looking quite good from here on the balcony looking out to sea with a beer, oh and just consumed cockles and mussels , but as you say morning awaits.:flatcap:

TOTO 99
13-05-2015, 08:00
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but I thought it was worth sharing. :tiphat:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/travelex-supercard?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=hiya&utm_term=12-May-15-v1&utm_campaign=credit-cards&utm_content=2

warbey
13-05-2015, 20:42
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but I thought it was worth sharing. :tiphat:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/travelex-supercard?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=hiya&utm_term=12-May-15-v1&utm_campaign=credit-cards&utm_content=2

that's good info ToTo. There's a message there now saying theyve got overloaded with applications, sp plenty must like it..

I can't go away yet ( N.H.S.) but will keep it in mind

thanks...

marbro8
25-05-2015, 12:07
just something i noticed the other day, most of the money exchange places around los cris and las americas, redarrow and the place next to goodfellas on san telmo to name just 2, where offering €1.38, but walking past the whiskey jar the place next to or by there it was €1.32, so quite a difference, if you are changing a larger amount it maybe worth the walk down to the front:)

YOUNG GOLFER
25-05-2015, 12:25
Well just walked passed Torviscas Travel and their rate is 136 yet the bank rate is 1.00 GBP = 1.40966 EUR so would of thought it might go up later today.

marbro8
26-05-2015, 00:12
i would think with greece just about to default on their repayment, the euro exchange rate will be about €1.45 in a few weeks:eyebrows:

jen wren
26-05-2015, 21:49
Was 1.383 in Doncaster today

imablue
27-05-2015, 12:55
Torviscas Travel this morning 1.385...getting better ....

marbro8
27-05-2015, 18:22
does anyone know what the business rate is?

LUCKY
27-05-2015, 19:15
does anyone know what the business rate is?

1.00 GBP = 1.40782 EUR
British Pound ↔ Euro
1 GBP = 1.40782 EUR 1 EUR = 0.710320 GBP
Convert again
EUR/GBP thumbnailView Chart
Mid-market rates: 2015-05-27 18:13 UTC :flatcap:

jen wren
27-05-2015, 19:54
1.381 at Dawsons Travel in Doncaster today :wave:

Ecky Thump
28-05-2015, 10:21
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4049

Sterling initially gained against the euro as concerns continued about the future of Greece, before dipping 0.74% in the afternoon session as speculation that Greece might be closer to a deal with its creditors strengthened the euro.
This morning's UK releases include Second Estimate GDP q/q, forecast to increase 0.4%, and Prelim Business Investment q/q, forecast to increase 1.2%. Both are expected to improve over the previous release. Positive data could see Sterling strengthen, while further positive speculation about a Greek deal could again strengthen the euro. Weak UK data could see the pound dip.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3735 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
29-05-2015, 13:36
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3959

The pound weakened against the euro yesterday after disappointing revised Q1 GDP data. Preliminary Business Investment figures beat forecasts. Sterling was able to recoup some of its losses going into the afternoon session as market optimism about a Greek deal fluctuated. This morning m/m German Retail Sales, y/y Spanish Flash CPI, and y/y M3 Money Supply figures beat forecasts while y/y Private Loans disappointed at 0.0%
With no major UK data expected today, markets will continue to react to this morning's eurozone releases. The euro may continue to experience volatility as the month comes to a close with a Greek deal yet to be reached. If markets anticipate progress on a Greek deal, we could see the euro strengthen.

Yesterday's second estimate of UK GDP growth disappointed, matching the preliminary estimate of 0.3% growth, which came in under forecasts at the end of April. Forecasts this month had hoped to see the rate revised up to 0.4%. As a result, Sterling dipped. The euro made gains on the back of speculation that Greece and its creditors might be making progress on a deal, though no resolution has yet been reached. US Unemployment Claims came in below 300K for the twelfth week in a row yesterday, while a slightly higher reading this week brought the four-week average up above last week's 15-year low. Today's announcements include day three of G7 meetings, GDP data from both Canada and the US, and US Chicago PMI and Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment data

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3590 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
12-06-2015, 09:27
anyone know tthe current local exchange rate at Admiral travel etc ? Caxton currently offering a less than inspiring 1.348 with the current commercial exchange rate of 1.3818

imablue
12-06-2015, 10:28
1.34 at Torviscas Travel ..

Ecky Thump
16-06-2015, 09:57
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3817

The pound and the euro traded the upper hand yesterday as the rate remained within in the 1.38 range. No major UK or euro data were released. The euro experienced volatility as negotiations to secure Greece's remaining bailout funds continued to stall.
Announcements out today include UK y/y CPI, forecast to increase 0.1%, m/m PPI Input, forecast to increase 0.7%, and y/y RPI, forecast to increase 1.1%. Positive releases and a return to inflation could strengthen the pound. German and eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment are both forecast to fall from last month, which may further strengthen the rate.

Following last month's dip into deflation, the first since 1960, the UK is expected to return to inflation today, with prices rising 0.1% from this time a year ago. Bank of England Governor Carney cautioned in May that any dips into deflation would likely be temporary and that consumers should take advantage of lower prices while they can. The BOE projected in last month's Inflation Report that inflation will reach the targeted 2% in early 2017. A further period of deflation could weaken the pound, particularly as the UK also faces uncertainty regarding the EU referendum. Elsewhere, the pressure on Greece continued to build yesterday after the weekend's failed negotiations, and Greece has stated that it will not submit any new proposals to the Eurogroup on Thursday. A default now seems more likely, though a deal could yet be reached. Yesterday's US data disappointed ahead of tomorrow's highly anticipated Fed meeting. Today's calendar includes UK CPI, PPI, and RPI data, German and eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment figures, Canadian Foreign Securities Purchases, and US Building Permits and Housing Starts.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3480 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

imablue
16-06-2015, 12:53
Today at Torviscas Travel...1.36

cheery
16-06-2015, 19:12
Just checked Post Office online, €1.33. We'll bring cash for the first meal and some groceries the following morning, as we usually do.

Thanks.

Ecky Thump
17-06-2015, 10:57
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3884

The rate broke 1.39 yesterday for the first time since the start of the month. UK CPI y/y figures met expectations at 0.1%, while PPI and RPI data came in under forecasts. German and eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment both fell more than expected. German sentiment dropped from 41.9 last month to 31.5, while eurozone sentiment declined from 61.2 to 53.7.
Today's releases include UK Average Earnings Index 3m/y, forecast to increase 2.5%, Claimant Count Change, forecast to fall 12.5K, the Unemployment Rate, and the MPC Bank Rate Votes. Eurozone Final CPI y/y is forecast to hold at 0.3%. Strong UK data could continue yesterday's gains against the e

Yesterday, the UK returned to inflation as expected, following a one-month dip into deflation. Inflation figures will continue to be significant as inflation, which the Bank of England expects to reach its target of 2% by 2017, is one of the factors that will affect the BOE's decision to raise the Official Bank Rate. This morning the BOE will release the results of its MPC votes following the decision to hold the Bank Rate at 0.50%. Two members have previously found the decision to do so “finely balanced”. Prime Minister Cameron announced yesterday that the EU referendum will not be held on 5 May to avoid conflicting with other elections. Markets will pay close attention to tonight's much-anticipated Fed meeting (7:00pm). With no federal funds rate increase expected until at least September, markets will look to the Fed's quarterly projections for GDP growth, inflation, unemployment, and interest rates for any forward guidance. Today's data releases include UK unemployment and earnings data, eurozone Final CPI, Canadian m/m Wholesale Sales, and US Crude Oil Inventories. MPC Member Forbes (6:30pm) and BOE Governor Carney (6:45pm) are to speak this evening.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3640 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
18-06-2015, 10:43
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3950

The pound strengthened nearly a cent against the euro following yesterday's forecast-beating UK wage data. The Average Earnings Index increased 2.7%. The rate peaked at 1.3990 but met resistance at the 1.40 mark. Final euro CPI y/y data met expectations at 0.3%.
This morning's m/m Retail Sales figures beat forecasts, increasing 0.2%, though the increase was less than in the previous month. The eurozone's targeted LTRO is forecast to come in at 60.0B, down from 97.8B in March. Today's Eurogroup meetings could lead to some volatility in the euro, while positive UK data may support or strengthen the rate.

The pound strengthened across the board yesterday following better-than-forecast wage earnings data. At 2.7%, the 3m/y average rose at its quickest rate in nearly four years. As expected, the MPC votes indicated a unanimous decision to hold the Official Bank Rate at 0.50%, and the Unemployment Rate remained at 5.5%. UK Retail Sales figures out this morning beat forecasts but rose by less than in the previous month. April's Retail Sales figures were revised down from 1.2% to 0.9%. Last night, the Fed maintained current interest rates, as expected. The Fed held projections for an increase of the Federal Funds Rate to 0.625% by the end of the year and cut projections for 2016 from 1.875% to 1.625%. Global risks and US data, particularly pertaining to the labour market and inflation, will remain significant factors in the Fed's decision to raise interest rates. With no new proposals expected during today's Eurogroup meetings, progress on a deal between Greece and its creditors looks unlikely. Today's calendar includes UK Retail Sales, eurozone Targeted LTRO, Eurogroup Meetings, and US CPI, Unemployment Claims, and Philly Fed Manufacturing Index figures..

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3620 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card

LUCKY
19-06-2015, 20:47
http://fx-rate.net/currency-transfer/?c_input=EUR&cp_input=GBP

http://fx-rate.net/currency-transfer/?c_input=EUR&cp_input=GBP

:flatcap:

http://fx-rate.net/currency-transfer/?c_input=GBP&cp_input=EUR#calculator

Ecky Thump
19-06-2015, 20:53
:flatcap:

http://fx-rate.net/currency-transfer/?c_input=GBP&cp_input=EUR#calculator

The Euro at moment is under pressure due to the situation with the Greek depts, it will be very interesting how the markets view this on Monday.

I was going to top up my euro debit card, but I'm now going to hold off until Monday at the earliest.;)

LUCKY
19-06-2015, 20:58
The Euro at moment is under pressure due to the situation with the Greek depts, it will be very interesting how the markets view this on Monday.

I was going to top up my euro debit card, but I'm now going to hold off until Monday at the earliest.;)

Did i not mention a while ago, I am sure i did but it was 1.55 .i was rebuked (as insane) wait ....... wait and see My :feret::feret::feret::feret: are not often wrong :flatcap:

marbro8
19-06-2015, 21:04

I was going to top up my euro debit card, but I'm now going to hold off until Monday at the earliest.;) i would just draw your attention to post #915:D

Ecky Thump
19-06-2015, 21:11
i would think with greece just about to default on their repayment, the euro exchange rate will be about €1.45 in a few weeks:eyebrows:

i would just draw your attention to post #915:D

The CEO of Standard Life resigned today, are you going for the job? His last years earnings were about 6.5 million., I will be happy to put in a good word for you!:D

marbro8
19-06-2015, 21:11
Did i not mention a while ago, I am sure i did but it was 1.55 .i was rebuked (as insane) wait ....... wait and see My :feret::feret::feret::feret: are not often wrong :flatcap:if it gets to that LUCKY me and Ecky Thump will be buying as many €160,000 apartments that we can get our hands on, in the knowledge that it will have only cost us £100,000:D:flatcap:

The CEO of Standard Life resigned today, are you going for the job? His last years earnings were about 6.5 million., I will be happy to put in a good word for you!:Di don't think i could take the drop in earnings, i am a gas engineer you know!!!:lol:

Ecky Thump
19-06-2015, 21:27
if it gets to that LUCKY me and Ecky Thump will be buying as many €160,000 apartments that we can get our hands on, in the knowledge that it will have only cost us £100,000:D:flatcap:

i don't think i could take the drop in earnings, i am a gas engineer you know!!!:lol:

It's the pound that he gets paid with, not the Vietnamese Dong !:p

Ecky Thump
19-06-2015, 21:53
Copy from Today's CaxtonFX report.

This might interest forum members.

Sterling’s strength continues this morning
Alexandra Russell-Oliver, FX Analyst

UK Retail Sales came in above forecasts yesterday, though the previous month’s figures were revised down, allowing the pound to maintain the boost it received from Wednesday’s positive earnings data. UK Public Sector Net Borrowing came in better than expected this morning, which may give Sterling the support to maintain its current levels or strengthen further. Markets will continue to pay close attention to the unfolding Greece saga. Unsurprisingly, Greece and its creditors failed to reach an agreement during yesterday’s Eurogroup meetings. Euro-area leaders have called for an emergency summit on 22 June to further discuss Greece. Today’s calendar includes the day’s ECOFIN meetings and Canadian CPI and Retail Sales data. FOMC Members Williams (4:40pm) and Mester (7:00pm) will speak this afternoon.

Sterling strengthened against the euro yesterday. UK Retail Sales rose more than expected in May while April's figures were revised downward. The ECB announced its targeted LTRO (Long Term Refinancing Option) at 73.8B. Greece and its creditors remained at an impasse following yesterday's Eurogroup meetings.
The main release today is this morning's UK Public Sector Net Borrowing, which came in better than forecast at 9.4B. The rate may remain range-bound or strengthen further on the back of a string of better-than-forecast UK data and ongoing uncertainty about Greece’s future in the euro.

marbro8
22-06-2015, 18:44
come on mr Ecky Thump you'r slacking:cheeky:

tfs1
22-06-2015, 19:36
have we had a few posts removed in the last couple of seconds ?

sorry forget it - my finger trouble !

Ecky Thump
23-06-2015, 10:56
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4037

Sterling gained slightly against the euro in the morning session, which saw the rate peak briefly above 1.40. Optimism regarding the possibility of progress on a Greek deal strengthened the euro against the pound, as the rate dropped over the course of the day. This morning's Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI data came in above expectations across the board.
Markets will digest this morning's euro data, which may lend the euro support following its dip overnight on the back of Greece uncertainty. If positive euro data is not enough to counteract uncertainty over Greece, we may see the rate hold above 1.40. No major announcements are expected from the UK today.

Following a set of better-than-forecast euro data out this morning, the afternoon session will be dominated by US data, including Core Durable Goods Orders and New Home Sales, as well as a speech from FOMC Member Powell, who is expected to discuss the Fed's upcoming decisions, including the date of the first interest rate increase in nearly a decade (1:00pm). US data remain significant as markets speculate about the likelihood of a September increase following last week's slightly dovish Fed meeting and hawkish comments from Fed members Williams and Mester on Friday. Elsewhere, Bank of England Deputy Governor Cunliffe said in a speech yesterday that he expects inflation and productivity to continue to increase over the course of the year. Greece submitted a proposal yesterday that seems to have been better received than earlier attempts, but as significant work is still needed the negotiations are set to continue. Today's calendar includes US Durable Goods Orders and Core Durable Goods Orders m/m, Flash Manufacturing PMI, and New Home Sales.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3720 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3720 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

universal
24-06-2015, 09:38
GBP=EUR STERLING POUND - EURO 1.4109
Currencies Direct rate as of 24.06.15 (Commercial Rate).

cheery
24-06-2015, 11:10
It looks like our holiday will be the cheapest we have seen for over 10 years. I remember November 2009 changing £100 at Manchester Airport and getting €97 back. I know airports are crap but that was just ridiculous. Happy days ahead. :)

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=1W

Ecky Thump
24-06-2015, 16:12
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4078

The pound strengthened against the euro during yesterday's session, breaking the 1.41 mark in the afternoon session. Better-than-forecast eurozone manufacturing and services data provided the euro with brief support in the morning, but positive sentiment regarding the UK's economy following last week's wage data and ongoing Greek uncertainty strengthened the rate until it met resistance at 1.4115.
Today's main release is this morning's German Ifo Business Climate figures, which fell from 108.5 to 107.4, more than expected. The day's Eurogroup meetings could also spark some market movement if there are any significant headlines regarding Greece's ongoing negotiations.

US GDP is day's main release

Today is set to be another fairly quiet day for economic releases. The main announcements are this morning's disappointing German Business Climate figures and this afternoon's revised Q1 US GDP data. GDP figures are expected to improve though still show a contraction, and a positive result could add to speculation of a September rate increase. The other main event on the calendar is today's Eurogroup meetings, which markets will watch for any developments in Greece's negotiations. Should Greece and its creditors agree on a tentative deal this week, Greece's Parliament would need to vote on and pass the agreement over the weekend before Germany and Greece's creditors ​give their final approval. Today's calendar includes German Ifo Business Climate, US GDP q/q and Crude Oil Inventories, and Eurogroup meetings.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3730 to the £ when you load your CaxtonFX Euro Debit Card.

Leam_Lin
24-06-2015, 16:16
We exchanged cash last night in San Eugenio & got 1.37.5

YOUNG GOLFER
24-06-2015, 17:33
Walking around today I have seen a few shops offering 137

Ecky Thump
25-06-2015, 12:29
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4011

The rate remained range-bound during yesterday's session after briefly peaking above 1.41 in the morning. The main release for this pairing was the German Ifo Business Climate index, which fell to 107.4 from 108.5, indicating a drop in confidence. Greece's negotiations continued but with little progress.
This morning's GfK German Consumer Climate figures met expectations of a slight dip to 10.1 from 10.2. Greece’s negotiations will continue at today's Eurogroup meetings, while the UK's EU Referendum will feature at the EU Economic Summit. Markets will react to any headlines. With no further data releases expected, the rate may remain range-bound.

Attention on Eurogroup meetings, EU Summit

Today's main headlines are likely to stem from the day's Eurogroup meetings and EU Economic Summit. Greek negotiations stalled again yesterday as Greece's creditors rejected Monday's proposals and submitted their own set of terms. The two sides remain far apart, and even if a deal is agreed upon this week, it could have trouble securing approval from both Greece's and Germany's parliaments. PM Tsipras is to meet again with the heads of the IMF, ECB, and EC this morning, and further Eurogroup meetings are scheduled. A previously-scheduled EU Economic Summit starts today, and the agenda includes the UK's upcoming EU Referendum. Any positive or negative headlines could strengthen or weaken the pound. Other items of note on the day's calendar include US Core PCE Price Index and Personal Spending m/m figures, a speech from FOMC member Powell (2:45pm), and a speech from Bank of Canada’s Deputy Governor Schembri (5:10pm).

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3700 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
26-06-2015, 10:39
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4052

The pound made further gains against the euro during yesterday's session. The main data release was GfK German Consumer Climate figures, which met expectations at 10.1. Greece and its creditors remained at an impasse following yesterday’s continued negotiations.
Euro data out this morning disappointed as M3 Money Supply y/y rose less than forecast at 5.4%. The main events for this pairing are the second day of the EU Economic Summit and this afternoon's speech from BOE Gov Carney. Disappointing euro data and speculation about a Bank Rate increase could strengthen the pound today. Otherwise, the rate may remain range-bound.

Attention on BOE Speech, EU Summit day 2

Bank of England Governor Carney is to speak at the 2015 Conference on Inclusive Capitalism this afternoon (3:15pm). Markets will look to the panel discussion for any forward guidance following hawkish comments earlier in the week from MPC Member Weale that the BOE should be prepared to raise interest rates earlier than markets predict. BOE Deputy Governor Cunliffe indicated earlier this week that he expects productivity growth to pick up gradually. Markets are currently pricing in an increase in the Official Bank Rate in mid-2016. Today's calendar also includes the second day of the EU Economic Summit, which markets will watch for any further headlines about the UK's EU referendum discussions or developments in the Greece crisis. No progress in Greece's negotiations was made yesterday. Data out today include eurozone M3 Money Supply y/y and US Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment figures.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3730 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
28-06-2015, 23:23
looking like 1.42+ tomorrow - commercial that is not tourist.

cheery
29-06-2015, 05:20
Looks like lots of happy British holidaymakers if this keeps up. Hope it lasts for the next few weeks until we get there.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=12h

Ecky Thump
29-06-2015, 07:45
:
At the moment CaxtonFX are offering €1.3780 to the £ It will be interesting to see how that figure progresses once the money markets react to the Greek situation.

tfs1
29-06-2015, 09:25
:
At the moment CaxtonFX are offering €1.3780 to the £ It will be interesting to see how that figure progresses once the money markets react to the Greek situation.

indeed, the global markets were playing around the 1.43 level overnight

cheery
29-06-2015, 11:59
Now €1.41 after €1.43 at midnight. Possibly hoping the Greek situation implodes.

Ecky Thump
29-06-2015, 16:17
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4115

After weakening slightly in the morning session, the pound gained nearly a cent against the euro over the course of the afternoon. Following the breakdown of negotiations between Greece and its creditors over the weekend and the decision to institute a bank holiday on Monday, the rate jumped overnight and briefly peaked above 1.42 at the start of this morning's session.
Releases out today include this morning's Spanish Flash CPI y/y, which rose 0.1% compared to forecasts of a 0.1% downtick. German Prelim CPI m/m is forecast to increase 0.2%, and UK Net Lending to Individuals disappointed slightly at 3.1B. Ongoing uncertainty regarding the Greece situation will likely weigh on the euro. The rate may remain range-bound today or strengthen further.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3800 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Greece implements capital controls

Greece's negotiations broke down again over the weekend following the announcement that Greece will hold a referendum on austerity measures on 5 July. Exactly which terms will be voted on and whether any of Greece's creditors' offers will remain on the table following tomorrow's 30 June deadline—marking the expiration of Greece's current bailout plan and the date of Greece's bundled repayment to the IMF—remain unclear. The ECB announced on Sunday that it would not extend the Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks, and Greece implemented capital controls as a result, with banks set to remain closed at least through the referendum. A Grexit is looking more and more likely. Releases pick up this week following a fairly quiet data calendar last week. Today's announcements include UK Net Lending to Individuals m/m, Canadian RMPI m/m, and US Pending Home Sales.

tfs1
29-06-2015, 16:56
Now €1.41 after €1.43 at midnight. Possibly hoping the Greek situation implodes.

Disappointing to see it go down. I was already to go and change some today down at Admiral Travel, maybe tomorrow, my few hundred won't make much of a difference to me on what I get but always nice to have a little more.

Its been far to hot today to do anything so physical.

Ecky Thump
29-06-2015, 17:37
Disappointing to see it go down. I was already to go and change some today down at Admiral Travel, maybe tomorrow, my few hundred won't make much of a difference to me on what I get but always nice to have a little more.

Its been far to hot today to do anything so physical.

My daughter in law loaded her Caxton card last night....I hope that she got enough to support me when we make a quick visit to see them in August. :lol:

marbro8
29-06-2015, 17:38
M&S bank are offering €139.51 if bought with an M&S card;)

Sundowner
29-06-2015, 19:52
M&S bank are offering €139.51 if bought with an M&S card;)

That is were I always get mine,.....you can also change back with no charge!

Ecky Thump
30-06-2015, 10:32
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4147

After an initial jump, the rate corrected downward over the course of the day as markets adjusted to Greece's implementation of capital controls and the breakdown of negotiations. Slightly disappointing, although higher than previous, UK Net Lending to Individuals figures briefly strengthened the pound. Spanish Flash CPI beat expectations, while German Prelim CPI m/m disappointed. German Retail Sales came in above forecasts this morning at 0.5%.
Announcements out today include UK Current Account and Final GDP q/q figures, as well as eurozone CPI data, forecast to dip slightly, and the euro Unemployment Rate, forecast to remain at 11.1%. Positive UK data could strengthen the pound s

A busy day for data and for Greece

Today marks the deadline for Greece's bundled IMF repayment and the expiration of Greece's current remaining bailout funding. Markets will pay close attention to any developments, following the implementation of capital controls in Greece and ahead of Sunday's vote on creditors' terms. Several euro officials have indicated that the vote is not just whether to accept further austerity measures, but also whether to remain in the euro. While Greece is likely to dominate market attention, the day's calendar is busy elsewhere. The text from this afternoon's speech by MPC Member Haldane (12:00pm) has already been released. Following hawkish comments from MPC Member Weale last week, Haldane cautions against raising interest rates too early and indicates that he has no bias regarding either the size or the direction of the next rate movement. Releases out today include UK Current Account and Final Q1 GDP data, euro CPI and unemployment figures, Canadian GDP data, and US Consumer Confidence figures. RBA Governor Stevens will speak this morning (9:40am).

tfs1
30-06-2015, 10:40
kind of off topic, just locked myself out of my online caxton account - one of those senior moments. As requested I have sent an email to them to unlock the account.

Just received a reply saying We hope to be able to issue a response to you within 7 working days, we are currently experiencing a high volume of correspondence and may take longer to respond

Luckily my problem isnt really urgent as we emptied the account yesterday.

INFO now copied to caxton thread where it should have been put in the first place.

kind of off topic, just locked myself out of my online caxton account - one of those senior moments. As requested I have sent an email to them to unlock the account.

Just received a reply saying We hope to be able to issue a response to you within 7 working days, we are currently experiencing a high volume of correspondence and may take longer to respond

Luckily my problem isnt really urgent as we emptied the account yesterday.

INFO now copied to caxton thread where it should have been put in the first place.

To Caxtons credit I have just received another email, 7 minutes after me reporting the fault, telling me my account has been unlocked - excellant service !

cheery
30-06-2015, 12:09
It's all very well me and Ecky Thump posting market reports but the thread is titled 'What's the current exchange rate in Tenerife'. :lol:

It's been a few days since anyone posted what is available in, erm, Tenerife. This is helpful to those of us coming over shortly, me in 12 days to be precise!

TOTO 99
30-06-2015, 12:40
It's all very well me and Ecky Thump posting market reports but the thread is titled 'What's the current exchange rate in Tenerife'. :lol:

It's been a few days since anyone posted what is available in, erm, Tenerife. This is helpful to those of us coming over shortly, me in 12 days to be precise!

I think the same...BUT...would you buy when you should?..lol...I always watch it but then always end up buying in Tenerife instead just in case it's better there. Now way of predicting 12 days ahead obviously so I'd be interested to know what you end up doing between now and then?...:tiphat:

cheery
30-06-2015, 13:33
We always bring enough for the first 24 hours. What I need is information on the best places to get my money exchanged.

Carol55
30-06-2015, 14:24
We always bring enough for the first 24 hours. What I need is information on the best places to get my money exchanged.

That's a simple one, for Los Cristianos, the money exchange below the Irish Times Bar, they always offer one of the most competitive rates.

!

The rate that Ecky posts is the rate you get at a ATM in Tenerife....If you have a preloaded CaxtonFX Card.:D

tfs1
30-06-2015, 14:54

We would have had a walk this afternoon to have a look but like yesterday its far too hot for doing things like that - working up to a dip in the pool. We will have a walk around Los Cristianos tomorrow morning and see what the rates are.

cheery
30-06-2015, 15:50
We are staying at Sunset Bay so Los Cris is not an option.

imablue
30-06-2015, 21:29
Cheery..... the best rate you will get is from Torviscas Travel just down the main road from Sunset Bay .
I normally pass there about twice a week and post the rate advertised.Not been around there as it happens this week thus far .
You would be nearer than i am tomorrow morning so do yourself and us a favour,pop down there first thing, sober or not and let the good folks on the forum know.
Good Luck .

BIG OOPPS...
Sorry Cheery just read that you aren,t here for 12 days...i,ll do the finding out for you and my fellow forum members ..trust me ....:doh:

Meanwhile if you would like to send me your bank account details. ..just in case the rate gets very very good ...:wink2:

tfs1
30-06-2015, 21:54
Cheery..... the best rate you will get is from Torviscas Travel just down the main road from Sunset Bay .
I normally pass there about twice a week and post the rate advertised.Not been around there as it happens this week thus far .
You would be nearer than i am tomorrow morning so do yourself and us a favour,pop down there first thing, sober or not and let the good folks on the forum know.
Good Luck .

BIG OOPPS...
Sorry Cheery just read that you aren,t here for 12 days...i,ll do the finding out for you and my fellow forum members ..trust me ....:doh:

Meanwhile if you would like to send me your bank account details. ..just in case the rate gets very very good ...:wink2:

I will pop down and see what the Los Cristianos rate is tomorrow.

Ecky Thump
01-07-2015, 11:55
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4052

Following positive UK data, the rate briefly spiked before meeting resistance at 1.4120 and correcting downward to the 1.40 range. UK Current Account figures widened more than expected but still less than previously, and Final GDP q/q ticked up to 0.4% as expected. Euro CPI data and Unemployment Rate met expectations, while German Retail Sales beat expectations and German Unemployment Change disappointed.
This morning, Spanish Manufacturing PMI disappointed and German Final Manufacturing PMI held at 51.9. UK announcements include Manufacturing PMI, which unexpectedly fell to 51.4, and the BOE’s Financial Stability Report. Positive forward guidance could offer the pound some support after disappointing data.

UK Manufacturing PMI disappoints

Today kicks off the UK's release of PMI figures, with Manufacturing PMI unexpectedly falling from previous. The Bank of England will release its Financial Stability Report this morning (10:30) and markets will watch closely for any forward guidance from Governor Carney during the accompanying press conference. Recent UK data, including better than forecast wage growth and a revision of Q1 GDP growth up to 0.4%, have contributed to speculation that the BOE may be the next central bank after the US Fed to start raising interest rates. Markets will also watch for any further developments in the Greece crisis ahead of the 5 July referendum. Greece is now in arrears with the IMF after missing yesterday's bundled repayment. Its previous bailout plan expired yesterday, and Germany rejected Greece's proposal for a new two-year bailout plan. Today's calendar includes the BOE's Financial Stability Report and press conference with Governor Carney, Eurogroup meetings, and US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change, ISM Manufacturing PMI, and Crude Oil Inventories figures.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3750 when you load your Euro Debit Card

Sundowner
01-07-2015, 13:38
Marks & Spencer €1.3829 for card holders

tfs1
01-07-2015, 13:53
1.385 at both Admiral Travel and the place near FADOS in Los Cris this morning.

Ecky Thump
01-07-2015, 14:38
Marks & Spencer €1.3829 for card holders

1.385 at both Admiral Travel and the place near FADOS in Los Cris this morning.

For the difference of one cent loss, I would rather use a preloaded debit card, then there is no risk of having to carry large amounts of cash....thieves start at the airport.:scared:

LUCKY
01-07-2015, 14:51
1.38 at San Blas this morning , also discount on cigs of 2 euro :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Sundowner
01-07-2015, 16:15
For the difference of one cent loss, I would rather use a preloaded debit card, then there is no risk of having to carry large amounts of cash....thieves start at the airport.:scared:

I do both:)

LUCKY
01-07-2015, 16:21

so do i :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Carol55
01-07-2015, 16:45

Is that you carry large amounts of money and start thieving at the airport! :D

Sundowner
01-07-2015, 17:22
Is that you carry large amounts of money and start thieving at the airport! :D

How else would I get large amounts of money;)

marbro8
01-07-2015, 18:45
i feel a bit let down really:( after all the hype about what would happen if grease defaulted on their loan, well they have and all we have gained is about 2 cents:( i thought it would have least have been about €1.45 to the £1.00, what the hell is propping it up???

imablue
02-07-2015, 09:21
Torviscas Travel this morning 1.385....

LUCKY
02-07-2015, 12:03
commercial rate is 1.102, so anyone who's offering 1.09 won't be making money ! BE LUCKY TO GET 1.08 TODAY

A quote from 01--07-2011 my how times change :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Ecky Thump
02-07-2015, 13:44
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4093

The pound fell 0.76% against the euro around the release of disappointing UK Manufacturing PMI data, then strengthened against the euro until it met resistance around 4.1300. Spanish Manufacturing PMI also disappointed yesterday, while German Final Manufacturing PMI matched the better-than-forecast Flash figure at 51.9.
Releases out today include Construction PMI figures from the UK, forecast to increase 0.7 to 56.6, and this morning's disappointing Spanish Unemployment Change figures. Weak euro data and positive UK data could strengthen the rate slightly. The ECB will release its Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts this afternoon, which could see market movement, and President Draghi is to speak at an event. Markets will watch for any forward guidance.

UK PMI releases continue

PMI week in the UK continues today with the release of Construction PMI figures, which were the only PMI data to come in above expectations last month and are forecast to improve over previous again this month. As in the US, economic releases are one of the factors that will determine the date of the BOE's first interest rate increase. As for Greece, the next event to watch is the referendum on Sunday, 5 July. Tsipras yesterday submitted a letter accepting Greece's creditors' latest proposal, barring a few modifications, but his letter was dismissed by Germany. Tsipras is advocating that Greeks vote no to further austerity measures, which euro officials may see as a “no” to remaining in the euro. Today's calendar includes UK Construction PMI, the ECB's Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts, a speech from ECB President Draghi, and US Non-Farm Employment Change, Unemployment Rate, Average Hourly Earnings, and Factory Orders figures.

CaxtonFX are offering 1.3760 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

lynno52
02-07-2015, 15:43
I got 1.38 at the Post Office today. [Ordered yesterday]

imablue
02-07-2015, 19:30
I actually got a Stamp...from the post office ...i kid you not ...........:)

lynno52
02-07-2015, 21:01
I actually got a Stamp...from the post office ...i kid you not ...........:)

:lol::lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
03-07-2015, 11:21
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4065

The rate corrected downward during yesterday's session despite disappointing euro data and positive UK data. Spanish Unemployment Change fell less than expected, and UK Construction PMI beat forecasts.
This morning's Spanish Services PMI data disappointed at 56.1. Other releases out today for this pairing include UK Services PMI, which rose more than forecast to 58.5, and euro Retail Sales, forecast to increase less than last month at 0.2%. Positive UK data and expected euro figures could see the rate remain range-bound or strengthen in the pound's favour.

US data underwhelm as UK figures improve

Yesterday's US unemployment and earnings releases underwhelmed. While the Unemployment Rate fell more than expected to 5.3%, this dip was at least partially caused by a fall in the participation rate, which dropped to its lowest level since 1977. Upcoming US data will continue to shape the Fed's forward projections and the date of the first interest rate increase as the Fed watches for an improving labour market and signs that inflation is on track to meet its 2% target rate. This morning, the UK released its final PMI figures of the week. Positive Services data joined Wednesday's disappointing Manufacturing figures and yesterday's stronger-than-forecast Construction figures. The next major development in Greece's crisis is Sunday's referendum, the result of which may determine whether Greece will remain in the euro. A quieter data calendar today includes UK Services PMI and eurozone Retail Sales figures.

Ecky Thump
04-07-2015, 10:31
:
This morning CaxtonFX are offering €1.3700 to the £ when you load Euro Euro Debit Card.

ice Bank are offering €1.3547 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

cheery
04-07-2015, 15:35
The commercial rate seems to have steadied around €1.40. Post Office are offering €1.366 for the last few days. What happens after the Greek referendum, if it happens, is anyone's guess.

Anne 2009
04-07-2015, 17:10
just got 1.38 from dawson and sanderson travel agents

imablue
05-07-2015, 21:14
Torviscas Travel today.............................
Not Open... i don,t know some people take holidays when they feel like

Ecky Thump
06-07-2015, 10:22
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4062

The rate strengthened during Friday's morning session on the back of disappointing Spanish Services PMI figures and better-than-forecast UK Services PMI figures, which came in at 58.5. Euro Retail Sales data, out later in the morning, came in better than forecast at 0.2%, though were still down from previous. The rate then corrected downward in the afternoon.
With no major UK data expected today, the main release for this pairing is this morning's disappointing German Factory Orders, which contracted 0.2%. Last month's figures were revised up to 2.2% from 1.4%. With no additional data expected today, we may see the rate remain range-bound as markets await further developments following Greece's “no” vote. The rate jumped above 1.41 at the start of the Asian session but has since corrected down.

Greece votes NO to austerity, Euro future uncertain.

Greeks voted “no” to further austerity measures during yesterday's referendum, rejecting its creditors' proposal at 61% to 39%. Markets had expected a closer vote and the euro dipped at the start of the Asian trading session this morning as markets reacted to the results. Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis unexpectedly resigned this morning, according to the 'preference' of certain eurozone partners. Negotiations are set to continue, with pressure on Greece to offer compromises to secure a deal following the rejection this weekend of its creditors' proposal. Markets will pay close attention to the next stages of negotiations, which include the ECB's decision whether to extend further assistance to Greece's struggling banks, a meeting with Merkel and Hollande tonight, and a euro summit tomorrow. A Grexit looks increasingly likely. Other announcements out today include Canada's Ivey PMI, the Bank of Canada's Business Outlook Survey, and US ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3750 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3539 to the £ on their debit card.

cheery
06-07-2015, 11:07
Still very little change over the last week. The money men don't seem to be too concerned, although after various meetings today that could all change. Naturally, it means more to UK citizens and ex-pats on pensions than it does for any permanent Tenerife residents who have no ties back here.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=1W

Ecky Thump
07-07-2015, 10:16
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4148

The rate saw some fluctuations during yesterday's session, as the pound gained against the euro during the morning before correcting in the afternoon. There were no major UK releases and German Factory Orders disappointed, contracting instead of holding steady as expected. Markets digested a “no” vote and Varoufakis's resignation.
Turning to today's calendar, Industrial Production m/m again improved despite disappointing Manufacturing Production figures. Announcements out include the results of the day's Euro Summit and Eurogroup Meetings. The rate may remain range-bound or strengthen slightly as markets await any developments from the euro meetings.

Greece extends capital controls.

The Greek crisis is set to remain at the forefront of markets' attention today as eurozone finance ministers and euro officials meet in Brussels. The ECB announced last night that it would maintain its cap on Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks, but raised the haircut on collateral. Merkel and Hollande met last night and indicated that the pressure is now on Tsipras to submit a plan that would keep Greece in the euro. Greece has extended its bank holiday and capital controls through Wednesday, and a Grexit continues to look likely. In addition to the day's Eurogroup meetings and Euro Summit, expected releases include UK Manufacturing Production m/m and the NIESR GDP estimate, Canadian and US Trade Balance figures, and US Job Openings.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3780 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3586 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

For those of us who are desperate to put some holiday money into our CaxtonFX account today the rate has increased from €1.3780 to the £ to €1.3800 to the £, that's a increase today of €0.0020. Now don't spend this all at once! :D

cheery
07-07-2015, 23:55
OH walked into the Post Office near where she works and was given €1.33 when exchanging £500. Online you get €1.36 for that amount. Oh well, I guess we'll change the rest at Torviscas Travel as and when needed. Hopefully a bit nearer to the commercial rate.

Ecky Thump
08-07-2015, 11:02
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3947

The rate fell yesterday on the back of mixed UK data. While Industrial Production rose 0.4%, Manufacturing Production contracted 0.6% from the previous month. There were no major eurozone releases. Following inconclusive euro meetings, Greece was given new deadlines for reaching a deal and avoiding a euro exit.
Today's main announcement is the UK's Annual Budget release, which will outline the budget of the new government following May's elections. After the rate opened down this morning, we may see the rate remain within the 1.39 range, provided there are no unexpected surprises in the UK's budget or in Greece's ongoing negotiations.

Greece receives final deadline.

Greece did not provide any new proposals at yesterday's Eurogroup meetings and has now been told to submit plans by Thursday. Eurozone finance ministers will then meet on Saturday to discuss Greece's proposals, ahead of a meeting of all 28 EU leaders on Sunday, which is being touted as perhaps Greece's last chance to avoid a Grexit. The ECB will decide today whether to maintain current levels of Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks. Other items on the day's calendar include the UK's Annual Budget Release, Canada's Building Permits m/m, and US Crude Oil Inventories. Tonight the Fed will release its June Meeting Minutes, and FOMC Member Williams will speak on the economic outlook (7:00pm).

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3626 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3469 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

cheery
08-07-2015, 14:53
OH went back to the PO this morning after my 'discussion' with her concerning such a huge difference in online and over the counter. He said the rate today is €1.35. The rate on XE has fallen a cent today so how can the PO rate go up?

Ecky Thump
08-07-2015, 15:06
OH went back to the PO this morning after my 'discussion' with her concerning such a huge difference in online and over the counter. He said the rate today is €1.35. The rate on XE has fallen a cent today so how can the PO rate go up?

The post office probably bought the Euro's when the exchange rate was higher and can pass them on at a reasonable rate...but they could do better. :D

cheery
08-07-2015, 16:36
It's only €20 on £500 but that's lunch at the beach.

imablue
08-07-2015, 20:26
T.Travel this evening 1.365.... That's a round of drinks on you seeing its 35 more euros if you had said to your OH just change 100 ,we can change the other 900 when we get there...:whistle:

tfs1
10-07-2015, 11:41
Rate here is definately coming down, the exchange place next to the 'English tea rooms' (opposite Funchal) was 1.38 earlier this week - just passed it today and its down to 1.35.

Ecky Thump
10-07-2015, 11:47
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3876

Sterling strengthened slightly against the euro yesterday morning, after which the rate remained largely range-bound for the rest of the day. The main announcement for the pairing was the UK's Official Bank Rate decision. As expected, the BOE held rates at 0.50%. Last night, Greece submitted a more promising proposal to its creditors, and there has been some market optimism that negotiations might be nearer a deal than previously.
The main release for the pairing today is this morning's UK Trade Balance figures, which came in better than forecast at -8.0B. The deficit widened by less than in the previous month. Sterling strengthened slightly against the euro this morning as investors returned to the pound, and we could see the rate remain range-bound or dip given optimism about Greece.

Stirling strengthens this morning.

As European markets opened today, the pound strengthened as investors returned to buying Sterling following a period of pound weakness this past week. Better-than-forecast UK Trade Balance figures could lend the pound further support today, though Sterling may meet some resistance as US markets open. Elsewhere, Greece’s parliament will vote tonight on the extended proposal Greece submitted to its creditors yesterday. With bond yields up on safer German bonds and down on Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish bonds, markets seem to have some optimism about the prospects of this proposal. Today’s calendar also includes unemployment data from Canada and a speech from US Fed Chair Yellen (5:30pm). Markets will pay close attention over the weekend to the next developments in Greece’s financial crisis, including Saturday’s Eurogroup meetings and Sunday’s EU Economic Summit.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3585 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

imablue
11-07-2015, 09:25
Late on yesterday evening Torviscas Travel showing 1.37...!
Should imagine that will be the same over the weekend.