PDA

View Full Version : Finance What's the current exchange rate in Tenerife?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Ecky Thump
13-07-2015, 10:55
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4059

During Friday's morning session, Sterling was able to recoup some lost ground at the start of the session, returning above the 1.39 mark, on the back of investor interest in the pound and better-than-forecast UK Trade Balance figures. The rate then weakened again as markets experienced optimism about the possibility of a Greek deal.
The calendar today includes the release this morning of the BOE's Credit Conditions Survey and Eurogroup Meetings. Attention will be on whether Greece can pass further austerity measures this week to access a new bailout program and possibly further Emergency Liquidity Assistance from the ECB. The rate may remain range-bound or correct downwards.

greece and creditors reach a tentative agreement.

This morning Greece, its creditors, and euro-area officials agreed upon the terms for a third bailout program, provided Greece's parliament is able to pass the austerity measures within the next few days. Greece had previously rejected further austerity measures in its referendum on 5 July, and other national parliaments will need to pass the bailout plan as well. The ECB will decide whether to maintain or possibly extend the Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks, now that Greece may be starting a new bailout plan and committing to structural reforms. Greece's upcoming obligations include a €3.5 billion repayment to the ECB on 20 July. In addition to Greece's ongoing negotiations and today's Eurogroup meetings, the other main event on the day's calendar is this morning's Credit Conditions Survey from the Bank of England, which indicated Q2 upticks in demand for mortgages and for lending from small businesses.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3602 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3366 to the £ on their Euro Card.

Ecky Thump
14-07-2015, 13:54
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at €1.4020

The pound strengthened against the euro during yesterday’s session, gaining 1.4% over the course of the day. Markets focussed on the latest developments in Greece’s financial crisis, including a tentative deal between Greece and its creditors. The UK’s main announcement was the BOE’s Credit Conditions Survey, which found an increase in demand for mortgages and lending from small businesses in Q2.
This morning’s UK inflation figures met expectations or came in worse than forecast. CPI y/y held at 0.00%. German and eurozone Economic Sentiment figures fell more than forecast. Disappointing data on both sides could see the two currencies struggle for the upper hand, while any positive guidance in the UK’s inflation report hearings or afternoon speeches could lend the pound some support.

Greasy Greek:p Deal Goes To Parliament

Yesterday Greece and its creditors were able to reach a tentative detail as Prime Minister Tsipras capitulated to creditors’ demands for the implementation of strict austerity measures in exchange for a third bailout plan. Tsipras will submit a bill to Parliament today to be voted on Wednesday. Support from opposition parties will be key in passing the bill as members of Tsipras’s own party, Syriza, have stated they will oppose the bill. Elsewhere, this morning’s UK inflation figures were underwhelming ahead of the day’s Inflation Report Hearings (10:15am), speech from BOE Governor Carney (12:45pm), and speech from MPC Member Miles (6:00pm), all of which markets will watch for any forward guidance. Today's releases include German and eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment figures, and US retail sales, Import Prices, and Business Inventories. Further ECOFIN meetings are expected as well.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3792 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3553 to the £ on their Euro Card.

YOUNG GOLFER
14-07-2015, 17:04
Most places I have walked passed today are giving 138 euros to the pound here on the street.

imablue
14-07-2015, 21:55
138 euros for a quid...i,ll have some of that mate ......:D

Ecky Thump
14-07-2015, 22:05
138 euros for a quid...i,ll have some of that mate ......:D

That's certainly a unbeatable rate....put me down for a Grands worth and I'll give YG a 10% handling fee! :laugh:

marbro8
14-07-2015, 22:06
138 euros for a quid...i,ll have some of that mate ......:Di knew what he meant:wink:, but i have suffered the same ridicule:lol:

Ecky Thump
14-07-2015, 22:08
i knew what he meant:wink:, but i have suffered the same ridicule:lol:

You and YG ...."Great minds think alike" :D

imablue
14-07-2015, 22:13
Think Stu will laugh along with it though ....:laugh:

marbro8
14-07-2015, 22:25
Think Stu will laugh along with it though ....:laugh:we know he has a sense of humour he's a man "u" fan:lol::wink:

Ecky Thump
16-07-2015, 15:00
:

Todays CaxtonFX exchange rate is at its HIGHEST since June 2007 :jumping:

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4232

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday as Sterling received a boost after Bank of England Governor Carney indicated that the time for a rate increase may be nearing. While Greece’s parliament last night passed a bill accepting further austerity measures, negotiations for a third bailout seem likely to remain contentious.
The main release today is Final eurozone CPI y/y, which came in at 0.2%. Markets will watch the day’s Eurogroup meetings and ECB Press Conference with President Draghi for any developments in Greece’s bailout negotiations. Markets will also look to tonight’s speech from BOE Gov Carney for any forward guidance. The rate may remain range-bound at this higher level, with room for fluctuations as markets react to any news on Greece.

Divided Greasy Greeks Parliment Passes Bill.

Last night, Greece’s parliament passed a bill agreeing to further austerity measures in exchange for a third bailout. The IMF has warned that Greece will need significant debt relief. Other national parliaments still need to pass the bill, and Greece is to repay €3.5 billion to the ECB on 20 July, raising questions again as to whether the ECB will extend the amount of Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks. Yesterday’s UK data came in under expectations, with unemployment unexpectedly rising and average wages coming in under forecasts despite increasing at the quickest rate since 2010. Slightly hawkish comments from BOE Governor Carney later in the morning gave the pound a boost. Today’s calendar includes Eurogroup Meetings, the ECB’s Minimum Bid Rate decision and Press Conference (1:30pm), US Unemployment Claims and Philly Fed Manufacturing Index figures, and further testimony from Fed Chair Yellen on the semiannual Monetary Policy Report (3:00pm). BOE Governor Carney will speak this evening (7:00pm).

CaxtonFX are offering €1.4001 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3811 to the £ on their Euro Card.

marbro8
16-07-2015, 16:55
looks set to get to around €1.50 by the end of the year:jumping: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3163516/Pound-surges-against-euro-high-not-seen-November-2007.htmlend

tfs1
16-07-2015, 17:05
1.40 at admiral travel in los cris this afternoon.

Ecky Thump
17-07-2015, 11:37
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4370

After strengthening heading into yesterday’s session, the pound and the euro traded the upper hand. The euro received some support as ECB President Draghi stated that the eurozone’s economic recovery is on track despite uncertainty around Greece, while BOE Governor Carney’s comments on a nearing rate increase supported the pound.
With no releases expected from the eurozone or the UK today, the rate may remain range-bound as markets await further developments in Greece’s ongoing negotiations for a third bailout program. Sterling may maintain its strength against the euro as markets react to Carney’s comments and await the result of Germany’s vote on the Greek bailout.

Markets watch the ongoing Greasy Greeks negotiations!:laugh:

Yesterday eurozone finance ministers agreed to give Greece a €7 billion “bridge” loan to help it meet its short-term obligations, including a €3.5 billion repayment to the ECB on 20 July, until a bailout is finalised. Following Greece’s agreement to reforms and the likelihood of a bridge loan, the ECB extended the Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks by €900 million. ECB President Draghi also stated the eurozone’s economic recovery has not been thrown off by the uncertainty regarding Greece, and has instead shown signs of growth and the possibility of a pickup in investment. Germany is to vote on the bailout today. Over two days of testimony on the semiannual Monetary Policy Report, Fed Chair Yellen made clear that she would prefer to raise interest rates sooner and more gradually, rather than later and more steeply. BOE Governor Carney made further hawkish comments about the time nearing to raise interest rates. Today’s calendar includes inflation data from Canada and Building Permits, inflation, housing, and consumer sentiment figures from the US.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.4068 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3852 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

NOTE**#Anyone who has a CaxtonFX Card, check that it is the new MasterCard version, as they are in the process of migrating from Visa....Don't get caught out while on holiday with no access to your money! #**

ramnit
17-07-2015, 16:04
I have a CaxtonFX card Visa version are you saying this will not work any more as I only loaded it yesterday, do you know how do I get it changed if that is the case

Thanks
ramnit

WELSH CLASSIC
17-07-2015, 16:14
1.41 in Bridgend South Wales this afternoon no commision a great rate to buy some now.Probably would be beaten in the Travel House (Thomsons) as they allways do. Ibought some a few weeks ago at 138.8.A great time to buy property to.

Ecky Thump
17-07-2015, 16:54
I have a CaxtonFX card Visa version are you saying this will not work any more as I only loaded it yesterday, do you know how do I get it changed if that is the case

Thanks
ramnit

At the moment the old Visa Card(s) will work fine, its a process that they are going through and you should soon get notification of the change, if you are not intending to withdraw cash over the next week or so, you can contact Caxton by phone and ask them to make the changeover now and they will send you your new MasterCard(s), which will take approximately five days to arrive, you then go on line and register them and at the same time you will be able to see your new pin number(s) for use at a ATM. If you want to revert to your old pin number(s) you can make the change back at a ATM in the UK. When you next load your card, you will have to enter your bank details, this is a one off operation.
I've just done this and its a simple process and only takes a couple of minutes, the main difference is at the moment when you log in is that you will that you have to make a choice of Visa or MasterCard and make your choice of currency.

ramnit
18-07-2015, 08:37
Thanks for the information !!!

Ecky Thump
18-07-2015, 09:54
:

The CaxtonFX exchange rate this morning is fractionally down on yesterday's at €1.4066 to the £

TOTO 99
18-07-2015, 10:32
Debenhams and Thomas Cook are good today..

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/euros/delivery/weeks/1000-pounds-worth#results

Ecky Thump
18-07-2015, 10:40
Debenhams and Thomas Cook are good today..

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/euros/delivery/weeks/1000-pounds-worth#results

The only downside appears to be with Thomas Cook is that unless you buy over £500 worth of Euro's then they charge you £5 for the transaction....I've no idea if Debenhams make a service charge.

Angusjim
18-07-2015, 10:41
The downside appears to be with Thomas Cook is that unless you buy over £500 worth of Euro's then they charge you £5 for the transaction....I've no idea if Debenhams make a service charge.

Well if it drops another .0005 I will have to cancel Majorca it becoming worrying:(

TOTO 99
18-07-2015, 10:48
The only downside appears to be with Thomas Cook is that unless you buy over £500 worth of Euro's then they charge you £5 for the transaction....I've no idea if Debenhams make a service charge.

Stop being mean.....:lol:

To be honest, anyone changing less than £500 isn't going to feel much difference between the best and the worst...:tiphat:

Ecky Thump
18-07-2015, 10:50
Well if it drops another .0005 I will have to cancel Majorca it becoming worrying:(

I think that £5 on a £500 is worth worrying about.....that's 5 beers that I could have bought marbro8 :D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Stop being mean.....:lol:

To be honest, anyone changing less than £500 isn't going to feel much difference between the best and the worst...:tiphat:

I just top my card up when the wife has the odd £100 not accounted for and that way it doesen't upset her.;)

The amount of people who will walk for miles in Tenerife to gain a couple of cents on a few quid amazes me and then they are that hot and tired that they are forced to stop for a cold beer...spend a euro on a cheap beer and give the girl a 50 cent tip.....you know it makes sense!:D

Ecky Thump
20-07-2015, 10:42
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4350

The pound lost 0.63% against the euro heading into the afternoon session on Friday before strengthening in the afternoon and recovering those losses. There were no major data releases from either the UK or the eurozone on Friday, so markets reacted to announcements out earlier in the week, including slightly hawkish comments from BOE Gov Carney and a further acceleration in wage growth, and the latest Greek developments.
No major releases are expected for this pairing today. Markets will watch for any further news on Greece, including confirmation that Greece has made its repayment to the ECB, which it is expected to do. The first major release for this pairing is tomorrow’s Public Sector Net Borrowing figures from the UK. Today, the rate may remain range-bound or see some downward correction.

Greasy Greeks Banks Reopen, but controls remain.

Greek banks reopen today. Capital controls, including a weekly limit on withdrawals, remain in place, and the Athens Stock Exchange is still closed. The decision to reopen banks follows last week’s tentative agreement for a third bailout. After Greece’s parliament voted to implement further austerity measures, the bailout discussions were approved by other national parliaments, including Germany’s. Last week, the ECB extended the amount of Emergency Liquidity Assistance available to Greek banks, and the EU gave Greece a €7.2 billion bridge loan to cover its near-term obligations. Greece is expected to use that bridge loan to make its €3.5 billion repayment to the ECB today. Today’s fairly quiet calendar includes m/m Wholesale Sales from Canada and a speech from US Treasury Secretary Lew (7:30pm).

CaxtonFX are offering €1.4017 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3862 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

imablue
20-07-2015, 12:56
Torviscas Travel showing 1.41 to the pound today about an hour ago.

Tony the Welder
20-07-2015, 13:56
exchange rate at cyber lex properties just around the corner from the patch are offering 142.5 today

cheery
20-07-2015, 15:27
On Friday walking up from Fanabe I saw some Raybans on offer but didn't have enough on me. I went back to the room, washed the salt and sand off me and went back. I asked how much the ones I actually liked were and she worked out a price of €74.90 for polarised lenses. I went to the shop next door and changed at €1.41 meaning that sunglasses that were around £110-£120 were £53. That was the best rate I saw last week.

I went to one shop on Thursday night and she said they had run out. I asked where I could get some more and she said all down the street. I told her they were all closed, she shrugged her shoulders and went back to her mobile phone!

WELSH CLASSIC
20-07-2015, 18:58
Bridgend this afternoon i could get 1.4130 no commision.A great rate for us in Blighty.

Ecky Thump
21-07-2015, 14:18
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4349

The rate experienced some fluctuations yesterday, with neither currency able to gain the upper hand for long. The euro received some support after Greece confirmed it had made its repayment to the ECB. The rate met support at 1.4332 and spent the day within the 1.43 range. There were no major data releases from either the UK or the eurozone.
Today’s main release is the UK’s Public Sector Net Borrowing figures, which met expectations at 8.6B. The previous month’s figures were revised down to 8.4B from 9.4B. The rate may remain range-bound or strengthen slightly further. No eurozone data are expected today.

The Slippery Greeks & commodoties dominate a quiet data day.

Yesterday, Greece used its bridge loan to make repayments to the ECB and the IMF, with whom it is no longer in arrears after missing a bundled repayment on 30 June. As the process to finalise a bailout continues, the question remains as to what extent debt relief—which the IMF has warned will be necessary—will play a role. Greece’s parliament will vote on another set of measures demanded by its creditors tomorrow. Low commodity prices have also been occupying recent headlines. Oversupply and weaker demand, especially from China, have led the prices of commodities, including gold and iron ore, to multi-year lows. Further volatility in commodity prices seems likely. Today’s quiet calendar includes this morning’s UK Public Sector Net Borrowing figures.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3979 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3835 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
22-07-2015, 10:17
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4269

The pound weakened 1.2% against the euro yesterday. While the UK’s Public Sector Net Borrowing figures met expectations, they came in above May’s revised figures and were therefore slightly disappointing. There were no economic releases from the eurozone yesterday.
The main releases for this pairing today are the UK’s MPC Bank Rate votes and meeting minutes. A consensus to have held the rate is again expected, but markets will pay attention for any signs of divergence. Hawkish tones could lend the pound some support as markets await the result of tonight’s Greek government debt vote.

Speculation on hawkish MPC minutes supports Stirling

Sterling has received some support this morning against some of its main currency pairings, including the US dollar, in anticipate of the release of the MPC Bank Rate votes and meeting minutes. While expectations are for another unanimous decision to hold rates, some investors are speculating that there will be further hawkish comments in the minutes and possibly even a split vote. Yesterday, Standard & Poor’s upgraded Greece’s credit rating from CCC- to CCC+ following last week’s agreement. Greece’s parliament will vote tonight on a second round of measures required by its creditors. Today’s calendar includes the UK’s Official Bank Rate votes, US Existing Home Sales and Crude Oil Inventories, and New Zealand’s Official Cash Rate.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3953 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card with Beer Vouchers! :D

For TOTO 99 's pal Angusjim this is what they look like! :p

Angusjim
22-07-2015, 10:29
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4269

The pound weakened 1.2% against the euro yesterday. While the UK’s Public Sector Net Borrowing figures met expectations, they came in above May’s revised figures and were therefore slightly disappointing. There were no economic releases from the eurozone yesterday.
The main releases for this pairing today are the UK’s MPC Bank Rate votes and meeting minutes. A consensus to have held the rate is again expected, but markets will pay attention for any signs of divergence. Hawkish tones could lend the pound some support as markets await the result of tonight’s Greek government debt vote.

Speculation on hawkish MPC minutes supports Stirling

Sterling has received some support this morning against some of its main currency pairings, including the US dollar, in anticipate of the release of the MPC Bank Rate votes and meeting minutes. While expectations are for another unanimous decision to hold rates, some investors are speculating that there will be further hawkish comments in the minutes and possibly even a split vote. Yesterday, Standard & Poor’s upgraded Greece’s credit rating from CCC- to CCC+ following last week’s agreement. Greece’s parliament will vote tonight on a second round of measures required by its creditors. Today’s calendar includes the UK’s Official Bank Rate votes, US Existing Home Sales and Crude Oil Inventories, and New Zealand’s Official Cash Rate.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3953 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card with Beer Vouchers! :D

For TOTO 99 's pal Angusjim this is what they look like! :p

Any chance o a loan for my break to Majorca:lol::whistle:

Ecky Thump
22-07-2015, 12:01
Any chance o a loan for my break to Majorca:lol::whistle:

It's in the post now, don't spend it all at once and bring the change home!::hello:

Angusjim
22-07-2015, 12:37
It's in the post now, don't spend it all at once and bring the change home!::hello:

Ah yes the old the cheque is in the post story I expect better of you Ecky:lol:

Ecky Thump
22-07-2015, 16:27
Ah yes the old the cheque is in the post story I expect better of you Ecky:lol:

I would have gladly given you cash, but CaxtonFX have now increased their rate of exchange to €1.4018 to the £ and Carol has demanded that I buy her more drinking vouchers for her much needed upcoming drinking sessions in Tenerife.

:vodka: :vodka::drunk2: :vodka: :vodka:

algeraldwin
23-07-2015, 08:05
Not sure about the particular Currency Exchange Rate (www.alpexmarket.com/) of Tenerife. But you can know from the internet from the given resource. free information is given and no charges of demo account.

Ecky Thump
23-07-2015, 10:00
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4249

Yesterday the pound strengthened against the euro, gaining 0.70% or roughly a cent. Sterling received support on the back of hawkish tones from the MPC meeting minutes and concerns over rising inflationary pressures. Spain’s Unemployment Rate dropped more than expected this morning, from 23.8% to 22.4%, strengthening the euro.
Other announcements out today include UK Retail Sales, forecast to increase 0.4% from the previous month, and a speech from German Buba President Weidmann (3:15pm). Positive UK data could offer the rate support and enable the pound to recoup some of this morning’s losses, while disappointing UK figures could see the rate fall further in the euro’s favour.

Greasy Greeks passed more measures demanded by creditors. :fencing:

Yesterday, the BOE released its MPC meeting minutes and Bank Rate votes, revealing that the decision to hold interest rates at 0.50% was again a consensus but that the momentum may be building for a divergence in the votes as the BOE eyes rising inflationary pressures. Following the release, the Chief Economist from The Institute of Directors warned that the Bank of England should start raising interest rates sooner rather than later. The meeting minutes were hawkish enough to lend Sterling support against its main currency pairings during yesterday’s session, and today’s Retail Sales figures, which are forecast to improve over the previous release, could provide another opportunity for the pound to strengthen. As for Greece, yesterday Greece’s parliament passed further measures demanded by its creditors, and the ECB further extended the amount of ELA available to Greek banks. Today’s calendar includes retail sales figures from the UK and Canada, US Unemployment Claims, a speech from German Buba President Weidmann, and New Zealand’s trade balance.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3858 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3750 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

Anne 2009
24-07-2015, 20:24
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4249

Yesterday the pound strengthened against the euro, gaining 0.70% or roughly a cent. Sterling received support on the back of hawkish tones from the MPC meeting minutes and concerns over rising inflationary pressures. Spain’s Unemployment Rate dropped more than expected this morning, from 23.8% to 22.4%, strengthening the euro.
Other announcements out today include UK Retail Sales, forecast to increase 0.4% from the previous month, and a speech from German Buba President Weidmann (3:15pm). Positive UK data could offer the rate support and enable the pound to recoup some of this morning’s losses, while disappointing UK figures could see the rate fall further in the euro’s favour.

Greasy Greeks passed more measures demanded by creditors. :fencing:

Yesterday, the BOE released its MPC meeting minutes and Bank Rate votes, revealing that the decision to hold interest rates at 0.50% was again a consensus but that the momentum may be building for a divergence in the votes as the BOE eyes rising inflationary pressures. Following the release, the Chief Economist from The Institute of Directors warned that the Bank of England should start raising interest rates sooner rather than later. The meeting minutes were hawkish enough to lend Sterling support against its main currency pairings during yesterday’s session, and today’s Retail Sales figures, which are forecast to improve over the previous release, could provide another opportunity for the pound to strengthen. As for Greece, yesterday Greece’s parliament passed further measures demanded by its creditors, and the ECB further extended the amount of ELA available to Greek banks. Today’s calendar includes retail sales figures from the UK and Canada, US Unemployment Claims, a speech from German Buba President Weidmann, and New Zealand’s trade balance.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3858 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3750 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

hmmm, to buy more or hold out? Cant decide. No report today Ecky?

marbro8
24-07-2015, 20:31
hmmm, to buy more or hold out? Cant decide. No report today Ecky?i would hold out. as i said before i think it will go to €1.50 around about november;)

Anne 2009
24-07-2015, 20:34
i would hold out. as i said before i think it will go to €1.50 around about november;)

The best rate ive ever got in all the times ive been to tenerife was 1.42. Heres hoping it goes further marbro

marbro8
24-07-2015, 20:36
The best rate ive ever got in all the times ive been to tenerife was 1.42. Heres hoping it goes further marbroyep let's keep our fingers crossed;), the best we ever got was €1.45:)

Ecky Thump
24-07-2015, 20:41
i would hold out. as i said before i think it will go to €1.50 around about november;)

I've got a inkling that the EURO/GBP has now stabilised and unless we see some sudden financial event happening in Europe, then I don't see there being any drastic movement......I would like to be proved wrong and the pound to gain more stregth.:dontknow:

imablue
24-07-2015, 21:34
I would very much doubt that its going to go as high as 1.50 by November.
Fill your boots today as it stands.... in Torviscas Travel at 1.40...

marbro8
24-07-2015, 21:41
I would very much doubt that its going to go as high as 1.50 by November.
Fill your boots today as it stands.... in Torviscas Travel at 1.40...i was watching or reading something today, that said people were sitting on thousands of euros. and that they could all be losing out because the rate would "most probably" rise again:dontknow:, who knows? at the end of the day if we could predict the money market, then we would all be millionaires ;)

imablue
24-07-2015, 21:47
This time next year.................... Rodders....:lol:

marbro8
24-07-2015, 21:50
This time next year.................... Rodders....:lol::crylaughing: brill:lol:

Ecky Thump
24-07-2015, 22:12
i was watching or reading something today, that said people were sitting on thousands of euros. and that they could all be losing out because the rate would "most probably" rise again:dontknow:, who knows? at the end of the day if we could predict the money market, then we would all be millionaires ;)

Are you telling me that you aren't already a millionaire and that I've waisted my time grooming our friendship in the hope that eventually I could con a few quid from you! :angry:

marbro8
24-07-2015, 22:21
Are you telling me that you aren't already a millionaire and that I've waisted my time grooming our friendship in the hope that eventually I could con a few quid from you! :angry::lol: anyone that knows you will already know you couldn't groom a dog. never mind a clued up grownup:lol:. never mind all is not lost. you can still salvage a good penny less friendship:D

Ecky Thump
27-07-2015, 10:01
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3985

Disappointing German, French, and eurozone Manufacturing and Services PMI figures weakened the euro at the start of Friday’s session. The rate strengthened 0.44% before correcting slightly downward over the course of the day as the euro recouped some of its losses.
The main announcements expected today are this morning’s euro data. German Ifo Business Climate figures came in above forecasts at 108.0, up from 107.4, while M3 Money Supply y/y disappointed slightly, holding at 5.0%. Positive German business confidence data could further strengthen the euro and see the rate dip during today’s session, with no major UK releases out to offer resistance. Otherwise, the rate may remain range-bound at this lower level.

Greasy Greeks may need a SECOND bridging loan! :wow::wow:

Last week, the pound received some support following slightly hawkish tones to the BOE’s meeting minutes from its latest Bank Rate decision, which indicated that there is growing momentum to raise interest rates. Tomorrow, the UK will release its first major data of the week, Preliminary q/q GDP, which could offer the pound some support. Other announcements to watch this week include the results of the early stages of bailout negotiations between Greece and its creditors. Discussions are expected to begin by tomorrow, following a delay over the weekend due in part to questions as to whether Greece should first be required to implement further measures. Greece may need a second bridge loan to meet its 20 August repayment to the ECB. Today’s calendar includes German Ifo Business Climate, M3 Money Supply y/y, and US Durable Goods Orders and Core Durable Goods Orders m/m.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3694 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3554 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
29-07-2015, 12:23
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4117

The pound jumped against the euro yesterday after the release of positive UK GDP figures. Preliminary GDP q/q met forecasts of 0.7% growth. The rate strengthened 0.78% before meeting resistance at 1.4140. This morning, GfK German Consumer Climate figures met expectations at 10.1.
The other main release for this pairing today is Net Lending to Individuals m/m, forecast to dip slightly to 3.0B. The rate may dip if this morning’s UK data disappoints, or strengthen if the figures come in better than forecast.

The main question occupying markets’ attention today is whether tonight’s Fed statement will indicate that the Fed is anticipating an interest rate increase in September. While explicit guidance is unlikely, markets will interpret any shifts in language or changes in inflation projections. The statement will accompany the announcement of the Federal Funds Rate, which is expected to remain unchanged. Next week, markets will watch the BOE’s Bank Rate announcement with similar questions, looking for any updated guidance following the most recent UK data, including last week’s disappointing retail sales figures and yesterday’s positive GDP data. According to preliminary figures, the economy grew at a rate of 0.7% in Q2, and annualised GDP growth rose from 2.4% in Q1 to 2.6% in Q2. Today’s calendar includes UK Net Lending to Individuals, US Pending Home Sales and Crude Oil Inventories, and the Fed’s interest rate decision and accompanying statement.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3827 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3590 to the £ on their debit card.

kingbaker
29-07-2015, 17:05
OOOOPS Slippin' there Ecky:ashamed::crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
29-07-2015, 18:30

I'm investing in a new currency...the George Foreman Euro...........Same as other Euros, but no Greece.

My son wanted to know what it was like to live in Greece, so I took his pocket money off him.

Syria has appealed for international assistance today, after a boatload of 500 Greeks arrived seeking a better life.

:devil2::lol:

Ecky Thump
30-07-2015, 10:19
:
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4229

Sterling strengthened against the euro yesterday on the back of better-than-forecast UK data. Net Lending to Individuals rose 3.8B from the previous month, indicating greater confidence in the economy. German Consumer Climate figures met expectations. After meeting resistance at 1.4215, the rate corrected slightly in the euro's favour.
Spain’s Flash GDP q/q and Flash CPI y/y both came in under forecasts. German Unemployment Change also disappointed, rising 9K instead of falling 5K as forecast. German Prelim CPI figures will be released over the course of the day. The rate may remain range-bound on the back of this morning’s disappointing euro data.

In a statement accompanying its announcement of the Federal Funds Rate, which remained unchanged, the US Fed indicated that a rate hike this year remains on the table, citing improvements in the labour and housing markets. As expected, the decision remains data dependent, with the Fed wanting “some” further improvement in the labour market as well as indications that inflation is on track to meet the Fed’s 2% target rate. Market attention will turn today to the announcement of US Advance GDP. The US economy is forecast to return to growth in Q2 at an annualised rate of 2.6% after a 0.2% contraction in Q1. Q1 figures may see additional revision. Positive GDP figures this afternoon could further spur speculation that the Fed will raise interest rates sooner rather than later. Today’s main releases include US Unemployment Claims, US GDP figures, and a new release, Goods Trade Balance.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3896 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3692 to the £ on their Euro debit card.

jack oakley
30-07-2015, 10:43

I'm investing in a new currency...the George Foreman Euro...........Same as other Euros, but no Greece.

My son wanted to know what it was like to live in Greece, so I took his pocket money off him.

Syria has appealed for international assistance today, after a boatload of 500 Greeks arrived seeking a better life.

:devil2::lol:

Ken Dodd has just been appointed finance minister for Greece.

Ecky Thump
30-07-2015, 10:57
Ken Dodd has just been appointed finance minister for Greece.

What are the first three letters of the Greek alphabet?..........I.O.U.

As of this week, all new Euros are to be printed on Greece-proof paper.

Alex Tsipras has said that Greece will "Bounce Back"..............Just like it's cheques.
:D

Malteser Monkey
30-07-2015, 11:15
What are the first three letters of the Greek alphabet?..........I.O.U.

As of this week, all new Euros are to be printed on Greece-proof paper.

Alex Tsipras has said that Greece will "Bounce Back"..............Just like it's cheques.
:D

Not you too .. Medman Angusjim all very chippa today

you all find some lost dosh or summit ?;)

Medman
30-07-2015, 12:05
Not you too .. Medman Angusjim all very chippa today

you all find some lost dosh or summit ?;)

Must be a Scottish fling ....... :scotland:

Ecky Thump
30-07-2015, 15:28
Must be a Scottish fling ....... :scotland:

Are there any Highlanders on the forum? :D

macdonald5
31-07-2015, 18:24
Depends on what I've been smoking.

Arbroath smokies maybe ??

BoPeep
02-08-2015, 10:23
Right, back to the exchange rate....................anyone know what it is in Los Cris and Golf del Sur at the moment?

kingbaker
02-08-2015, 11:30
Hey Ecky Thump ....get yer a*se back here and do yer duties.:p:D

BoPeep
02-08-2015, 11:35
er, no thanks! I dont want a copy and paste from a financial site on inter bank rates I am hoping for a down to earth exchange rate given in Los Cris and Golf del Sur!

Ecky Thump
04-08-2015, 07:33
er, no thanks! I dont want a copy and paste from a financial site on inter bank rates I am hoping for a down to earth exchange rate given in Los Cris and Golf del Sur!

Sorry that I'm not meeting your very exact requirements, but if you read the posts that I have been making and combine them with ones from other members you will see that for the last two years the exchange rates that I have quoted are normally within approximately 1.5 cents on what's available in the exchanges in Los Cristianos and for the average Tenerife tourist it's been a fair guide, so unfortunetly my as you wrongly put it "a copy and paste" will for now have to suffice....but no, next week I shall be pounding the streets of Los Cristianos and will post for you the exact rate available there.

If you do read the past reports BoPeep you will find that they come from various sources, although the rates are from two of the main contenders in the euro money exchange business.:-)

Hey Ecky Thump ....get yer a*se back here and do yer duties.:p:D

Sorry KB. I've been busy trying to earn a crust to enable me to fly out to Tenerife and spend my Euro's. :D

Normal service will resume when my wallet is full and overflowing with Carol's drinking vouchers.:cheers2:

kingbaker
04-08-2015, 09:24
Ok Don' let it happen again. :D

BoPeep
05-08-2015, 09:07
Just to let everyone know it was 1.40 in Los Cris yesterday

garlicbread
05-08-2015, 11:29
Interbank rate is 1.43+ today so rate in Tenerife exchange shops should be 1.41 at least...but then 1 point difference in the exhange rate makes just a €10 difference per £1000 changed so I wonder why holiday makers get so excited about it!

Ecky Thump
06-08-2015, 10:01
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4326

Sterling and the euro traded the upper hand yesterday. After a brief dip around the release of disappointing UK Construction PMI figures, the pound gained against the euro. The rate met support around 1.4325 and resistance around 1.4385. This morning, German Factory Orders rose 2.0%, more than forecast and a return to growth after the previous month’s contraction.
The pound may strengthen against the euro today on the back of positive UK data, including an expected increase in Manufacturing Production figures after last month’s contraction, and in anticipation of hawkish comments and a possible spilt vote by the MPC on holding interest rates.

BREAKING NEWS, The BOE "Super Thursday" may allow us Holiday Makers to buy more drinking vouchers! :lol:

Today has been dubbed “Super Thursday” as it the first time the Bank of England will release its meeting minutes, votes, and quarterly Inflation Report on the same day as its Bank Rate decision (all at 12:00pm). While markets expect the Bank Rate to remain at 0.50%, they will watch the other announcements for hawkish tones, which could strengthen Sterling. A split vote is largely expected, with at least two members likely to vote for a rate increase. This would be the first split vote since December. Markets will also watch for updated inflation expectations, as well as for comments from the MPC on the recent acceleration in wage growth and the current outlook on any risks from the Greek financial crisis. BOE Governor Carney will then speak at a press conference on the Inflation Report (12:45pm). In addition, the UK will release Manufacturing Production m/m figures (9:30am) and the NIESR GDP estimate (3:00pm). The day’s other main release is US Unemployment claims.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3989 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3779 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

fixer
06-08-2015, 11:49
Caxton are offering on fastpay 1.4046928 did this this morning.

WELSH CLASSIC
06-08-2015, 20:21
I had 1.415 yesterday changing a £100 in Bridgend with Travel House (Thomson company) this is a cracking rate for over here in Blighty.Wish i had more to change.:wink:

imablue
25-08-2015, 16:14
Rate dropped to 1.34 in torviscas
travel today

kingbaker
25-08-2015, 17:36
Ecky Thumps finger must be better by now:D:D

Ecky Thump
26-08-2015, 10:36
:

To keep kingbaker happy or maybe not when he sees the exchange rate! But there again as he lives in "Duckegg Land, he won't be bothered.:p

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3636

Yesterday saw less volatility for this pairing with market correction pushing the rate up from a low of 1.3462 to a day high of 1.3765. Sterling’s rise also came in part from the FTSE 100 recording its biggest one-day rise since 2011, following what is now known as “black Monday,” with gains being cemented following policy easing measures by Chinese authorities such as the PBoC’s decision to cut rates further. The euro still holds a relatively strong position off the backing of positive business climate figures from Germany and investors turning away from commodity currencies.
Today brings no major releases for this pairing and we are likely to see continued market correction in favour of sterling. Housing sector data tomorrow will provide a prelude to preliminary Q2 GDP data on Friday which remains this week’s main event risk in terms of economic data. With a light agenda currencies are likely to be driven largely by developments in China and equity market swings- as seen with a EUR surge at 10pm BMT yesterday, when US equity markets saw a 2.9% gain turn swiftly to a 1.3% daily loss (the biggest intraday reversal since the financial crisis). This continued volatility may see the euro strengthen further with the currency more than 7% higher than its post QE lows in April and over 4% stronger since the beginning of August.

Although western equity markets stabili​sed yesterday, Asian markets still closed at a very low level with little improvement today, and we have seen very little correction so far in the currency markets. The euro and Japanese yen are sustaining their strong positions as investors wait for equity markets to rebound after a week of substantial losses worldwide. The dollar appreciated yesterday afternoon, as positive consumer confidence figures from the US provided some good news for the US economy and reversed some of the dollar’s losses from earlier in the week. Today’s calendar will bring US core durable goods orders m/m at 1:30 and FOMC member Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, will speak at 3:00 PM today about the local and regional economy. Investors are looking for clues about the likelihood of a US interest rate rise, and Dudley will likely mention the latest market turmoil and what its impact will be on the US economy.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3353 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3099 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 11:59
:

To keep kingbaker happy or maybe not when he sees the exchange rate! But there again as he lives in "Duckegg Land, he won't be bothered.:p

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3636

Yesterday saw less volatility for this pairing with market correction pushing the rate up from a low of 1.3462 to a day high of 1.3765. Sterling’s rise also came in part from the FTSE 100 recording its biggest one-day rise since 2011, following what is now known as “black Monday,” with gains being cemented following policy easing measures by Chinese authorities such as the PBoC’s decision to cut rates further. The euro still holds a relatively strong position off the backing of positive business climate figures from Germany and investors turning away from commodity currencies.
Today brings no major releases for this pairing and we are likely to see continued market correction in favour of sterling. Housing sector data tomorrow will provide a prelude to preliminary Q2 GDP data on Friday which remains this week’s main event risk in terms of economic data. With a light agenda currencies are likely to be driven largely by developments in China and equity market swings- as seen with a EUR surge at 10pm BMT yesterday, when US equity markets saw a 2.9% gain turn swiftly to a 1.3% daily loss (the biggest intraday reversal since the financial crisis). This continued volatility may see the euro strengthen further with the currency more than 7% higher than its post QE lows in April and over 4% stronger since the beginning of August.

Although western equity markets stabili​sed yesterday, Asian markets still closed at a very low level with little improvement today, and we have seen very little correction so far in the currency markets. The euro and Japanese yen are sustaining their strong positions as investors wait for equity markets to rebound after a week of substantial losses worldwide. The dollar appreciated yesterday afternoon, as positive consumer confidence figures from the US provided some good news for the US economy and reversed some of the dollar’s losses from earlier in the week. Today’s calendar will bring US core durable goods orders m/m at 1:30 and FOMC member Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, will speak at 3:00 PM today about the local and regional economy. Investors are looking for clues about the likelihood of a US interest rate rise, and Dudley will likely mention the latest market turmoil and what its impact will be on the US economy.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3353 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3099 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

Ohh here you are we have been worried bout you
melm

Ecky Thump
26-08-2015, 12:19
Not to worry, I've been busy trying to earn a crust for my next Tenerife holiday in 28 days time, but as soon as I've got it, Carol spends it!! :lol:

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 12:27
Not to worry, I've been busy trying to earn a crust for my next Tenerife holiday in 28 days time, but as soon as I've got it, Carol spends it!! :lol:

Did the matinee shows on the beach front not bring in enough ?

Ohh dear she'll have to change her routine !:lol:

Nice to have you back :hello:

melm
26-08-2015, 13:56
Did the matinee shows on the beach front not bring in enough ?

Ohh dear she'll have to change her routine !:lol:

Nice to have you back :hello:

Carol is a girl after my own heart. Nice to see you Ecky :hello:

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 14:00

Carol is a girl after many things Melm:whistle::D

Angusjim
26-08-2015, 14:00

This is a personal comment by melm and may not reflect the thoughts of the majority of members:lol::lol:

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 14:01
This is a personal comment by melm and may not reflect the feeling of the majority of members:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

kingbaker
26-08-2015, 14:34
Ohh here you are we have been worried bout you
melm

I wouldn't go that far!! :lol::lol::lol:

This is a personal comment by melm and may not reflect the thoughts of the majority of members:lol::lol:

Or flippin' ANY of them.....The peace was noticable....:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::lol:

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 14:42

Actually would you mind staying on topic:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
26-08-2015, 19:21

Like the weather here in Scotland and the present exchange rate....Pish!:p

kingbaker
26-08-2015, 20:04
Actually would you mind staying on topic:cheeky:

Ssssorrry mrs....wont do it agggainn :confused:

kingbaker
28-08-2015, 20:46
Ecky Thump.....please extract the digit and get back to normal. I'm delighted to see the Sterling weaken, as I gotta buy some soon.:p:p:p

kingbaker
01-09-2015, 16:06
Oi Ecky Thump whersa ye been??:p:p

Ecky Thump
03-09-2015, 10:47
:
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3583

Sterling strengthened against the euro yesterday after an initial dip in the morning. After meeting support at 1.3532, the rate recovered nearly a cent. Yesterday’s data were mixed: While Spanish Unemployment Change figures rose, they rose less than forecast, and while the UK’s Construction PMI came in under forecasts, the index did tick up 0.2 points.
Today’s calendar includes this morning’s UK Services PMI figures, forecast to tick up slightly from 57.4 to 57.6, and this afternoon’s ECB interest rate decision and press conference. An uptick in Services PMI could offer the pound some support, while the ECB’s updated projections could lead to some volatility in the euro, particularly if there are any cuts to June’s forecasts or if the ECB’s comments contain dovish tones.

The GBP makes a small recovery.

Yesterday’s US Fed Beige Book and economic releases, although falling short of forecasts, by and large indicated that the US economy and labour market are continuing to improve, despite recent market volatility. At 190K, ADP Non-Farm Employment Change rose more than previously, if by less than forecast. The data likely provided further support for a rate increase in the US, though the exact timing of the first increase remains dependent on upcoming data and the extent of the Fed’s concerns regarding low inflation and recent global equity market volatility. Markets will await tomorrow’s jobs report, the last before the Fed’s September meeting, for further clues as to when the Fed might move to raise rates. Today’s calendar includes UK Services PMI, the European Central Bank’s Minimum Bid Rate decision and press conference (1:30pm), Canada’s Trade Balance, and the US’s Trade Balance, Unemployment Claims, and ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3291 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3072 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

marbro8
27-09-2015, 18:47
we will be over next sunday what is the rate at the moment

Angusjim
27-09-2015, 18:50
we will be over next sunday what is the rate at the moment

1.60.............:laugh:

TOTO 99
27-09-2015, 19:12
1.60.............:laugh:

Dropping to 1.05 tomorrow.......:laugh:

marbro8
27-09-2015, 19:29
1.60.............:laugh:oh what mirth:laugh:

oh what mirth:laugh:and there we go again:laugh:

Angusjim
27-09-2015, 20:03
oh what mirth:laugh:

and there we go again:laugh:

Last time I post valuable info:neener:

tfs1
24-10-2015, 19:59
In Los Cris it pays to shop around, today you could get 1.362 at the exchange place nr FADOS or 1.33 next to Cristian Sur apts.

lynno52
24-10-2015, 21:05
In Los Cris it pays to shop around, today you could get 1.362 at the exchange place nr FADOS or 1.33 next to Cristian Sur apts.

1.37 near pizza may today in LC

r.bartlett
25-10-2015, 09:04
1.37 near pizza may today in LC

whereabouts is this exactly?

TOTO 99
25-10-2015, 09:29
whereabouts is this exactly?

It's up the hill just beyond the Aguamar..

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@28.0541565,-16.7085383,3a,49.4y,285.92h,79.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNMK_OM3lESWajrBcdfzJ5w!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Angusjim
25-10-2015, 09:57

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@28.0541565,-16.7085383,3a,49.4y,285.92h,79.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNMK_OM3lESWajrBcdfzJ5w!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

If you need info for anywhere in 100m radius of the Merry Monk TOTO is your man it would be his specialist subject on Mastermind:laugh:

rotchie
26-10-2015, 10:00
Travel Agent opposite Colon sign adjacent to Iceland Arona/LA border got €1.371 = £1, this guy always pays best rate. He is only open 9.30am - 1.00pm each day. Exchange desk downstairs from travel agent desk.

r.bartlett
26-10-2015, 10:10
Travel Agent opposite Colon sign adjacent to Iceland Arona/LA border got €1.371 = £1, this guy always pays best rate. He is only open 9.30am - 1.00pm each day. Exchange desk downstairs from travel agent desk.

need more info please re location. Easy if local not quite so obvious if not....

rotchie
27-10-2015, 20:42
If you do not know where Iceland is at Arona/LA border just accept the nearest local rate; save a whole lot of confusion.

LUCKY
04-11-2015, 14:31
What is the rate today please. where on earth is our Ecky Thump with his daily updates

Malteser Monkey
04-11-2015, 14:32
What is the rate today please. where on earth is our Ecky Thump with his daily updates

Hiring out his sunbed :lol:

TOTO 99
04-11-2015, 14:47
Post office online here 1.368 for £500

Hopefully someone currently in Tenerife can tells us the rock rate.....:tiphat:

tfs1
04-11-2015, 15:06

Showing 1.38 yesterday when I passed

kingbaker
04-11-2015, 15:12

Not doing his duties AGAIN!!.....Hey ET!!....my office NOW IF NOT SOOOONER!!:cheeky::cheeky:

garlicbread
04-11-2015, 16:41
Rate on Currency Fair today is 1.406 , highest for almost 3 months

rotchie
04-11-2015, 20:05
Official rate on Currencies Direct as at 9.00am €1,405 = £1, rate on UKForex Ltd €1,4115 for £4,000 transfer. Whatever the official rate take as semi-official you can get €0.02 below from the currency dealer I have already told everone about. Java Travel opposite Santander Bank LA/Arona border

LindaD
04-11-2015, 21:23
Ramsdens here in the UK were doing 1.377 today, thought that was quite good - no commission.

Ecky Thump
05-11-2015, 11:31

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4147

After a brief dip below the 1.41 mark yesterday morning, the rate continued to strengthen over the course of the afternoon, peaking above 1.4170. The euro has weakened recently on the back of increased expectations of further easing in the eurozone, possibly as soon as December. The pound received some support from a slightly higher than expected uptick in Services PMI. German Factory Orders, out this morning, contracted for the third time.
The main announcements for this pairing today are the EC’s EU Economic Forecasts and the MPC’s Bank Rate decision and quarterly Inflation Report. The rate may experience some volatility around today’s announcements and a press conference with BOE Governor Carney but ultimately remain around this level unless the MPC’s comments surprise markets.

"Today is a Super Thursday" in the Uk as the BOE releases its Bank Rate decision and votes, monetary policy summary, and quarterly Inflation Report, all at noon. BOE Governor Carney will speak at a press conference following the releases (12:45pm). While the MPC is largely expected to maintain its 8-1 split in favour of holding interest rates, markets will closely watch for any variation in language or changes in its economic growth or inflation projections. As the end of the year nears, the BOE will remain in focus as markets await signalling of the BOE’s expectations for a possible 2016 Bank Rate increase. In addition to the BOE meeting, today’s calendar includes the European Commission’s EU Economic Forecasts, US Unemployment Claims, Preliminary Nonfarm Productivity and Unit Labor Costs, Canada’s Ivey PMI, and comments from FOMC Members Fisher and Lockhart.

CaxtonFX are currently offering €1.3844 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
12-11-2015, 22:12
1.39 near FADOS in Los Cris this afternoon

Angusjim
13-11-2015, 21:00
Ramsdens here in the UK were doing 1.377 today, thought that was quite good - no commission.

God you can now gets fish and chips and yer holiday money in the same shop could only happen in Fife :lol:

essexeddie
14-11-2015, 15:17
1.39 at the moment in LC.

LindaD
15-11-2015, 02:25
God you can now gets fish and chips and yer holiday money in the same shop could only happen in Fife :lol:

Wondered why they wrapped ma dosh in newspaper Angusjim :eyebrows:

Angusjim
15-11-2015, 09:19
Wondered why they wrapped ma dosh in newspaper Angusjim :eyebrows:

Wiz that a euro supper:laugh:

Ecky Thump
17-11-2015, 11:12
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4245

The euro recovered some of its overnight losses, following the Paris attacks, ahead of yesterday’s market opening. The rate then experienced some volatility as the pound overall strengthened against the euro within the 1.41 range over the course of the day. There were no major releases from the UK, and the eurozone’s Final y/y CPI ticked up to 0.1%.
Releases out for this pairing today include UK CPI and eurozone and German Economic Sentiment figures. Mixed UK and positive euro data could either maintain the rate around current levels or weaken it slightly in the euro’s favour. If euro data disappoint, the rate could instead strengthen, recovering any earlier losses.

The dollar has strengthened against both the pound and the euro as markets anticipate a Fed rate increase in December and an uptick in today’s inflation figures, and as investors turned to the dollar as a safe-haven currency following the terror attacks in Paris. The dollar is currently trading at its strongest levels against the euro since April. Today’s main releases are inflation figures from both the UK and the US. UK CPI fell 0.1% in the year ending in October, as expected, while Core CPI ticked up slightly to 1.1% from 1.0%. US inflation figures are expected to show that prices rose 0.2% on a month-to-month basis. An increase in US inflation will likely further speculation that the Fed will raise interest rates in December, as the Fed seeks signs that inflation is on track to reach its 2% target rate. Other releases to watch for today include eurozone Economic Sentiment and the Global Dairy Trade Price Index

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3931 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Sundowner
18-11-2015, 14:33
Just got €39.70 in a money exchange on Ealing Broadway.

Ecky Thump
18-11-2015, 15:09
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4252

Sterling strengthened further against the euro yesterday, breaking the 1.43 mark after gaining over half a cent. The pound received slight support from an uptick in Core inflation as overall inflation again fell 0.1% compared to a year earlier. Euro Economic Sentiment figures were mixed, improving in Germany but unexpectedly worsening in the eurozone as a whole.
There are no major announcements expected from either the UK or the eurozone today. The rate may continue to correct from yesterday’s highs but may remain in this range if it is unable to break below the 1.42 mark. As markets continue to anticipate further stimulus from the ECB, the euro is likely to remain relatively weak against the pound.

Markets await October Fed minutes

Today’s main release is the US Fed’s November meeting minutes, out this evening (7:00pm). The dollar has strengthened recently, particularly following the Fed’s hawkish October statement and the unexpectedly strong jobs report released earlier this month. The statement increased expectations that the Fed would raise rates in December after directly referencing its next meeting and downplaying the risks of global developments on economic activity. Expectations rose further after the strong jobs report, and yesterday’s inflation figures were likely sufficient to maintain expectations of a possible December lift-off. Today’s meeting minutes may not contain any hawkish surprises, but key points to look for include the Fed’s discussion of its next meeting and global risks. The dollar could weaken if the minutes are more dovish than the statement. In the meantime, markets will keep an eye on the day’s releases, including US Building Permits, Housing Starts, and Crude Oil Inventories. In addition, Fed members Dudley, Lockhart, and Mester will participate in a panel discussion on payment systems (1:00pm).

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3927 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

All good news for TOTO 99 's Drinking Vouchers! :D

Just got €39.70 in a money exchange on Ealing Broadway.

Excellent rates at the moment, long may it continue.:)

Ecky Thump
20-11-2015, 13:39
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4289

A very good week for sterling saw GBP/EUR begin yesterday’s session at 1.428. We saw some retreat from the pound as retail sales volume fell 0.6% last month. In Europe yesterday, the minutes of the 22nd October meeting confirmed that recovery has been more lacklustre of late, with the ECB providing a clear indication that they will sanction further QE. This, combined with the current volatility within the EZ, allowed for the pound to hold its strong position with a day close of 1.425
Data released today will be largely overshadowed by the host of speakers from the ECB that will bring an insight into the central banks thinking regarding future policy. We have already seen Draghi speak this morning which, as forecast, supplied disappointing statements and dovish tones regarding future policy. Further easing into December, increased QE and disappointing rate expectations were all on the agenda. This has led to a large retreat to 1.4306 in today’s early session. Looking ahead, we believe that further disappointment for the EUR will continue.

UK retail sales disappoint, but pound is resilient

UK retail sales m/m came in at -0.6% yesterday, when -0.4% was expected. However, the pound finished the day up against the dollar, although it was down slightly against the euro after a strong opening for GBP/EUR yesterday.Yesterday’s session saw the euro recover some ground after a volatile week. After last week’s attacks in Paris and the ensuing political mobilization that has been taking place across Europe and the world, currency markets have been relatively unpredictable as market participants attempt to digest all the new information in a shifting political landscape. A drop in oil prices this week has damaged commodity currencies, and the Canadian Dollar has fallen to over a 1-month low against the pound. Today’s major data will include ECB President Draghi speaking this morning at Euro Finance Week in Frankfurt, followed later in the afternoon by Canadian data including CPI m/m and Retail Sales m/m. Additionally, FOMC member Dudley is speaking later on in the afternoon at Hofstra University.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3938 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

marbro8
20-11-2015, 22:01
my mate rang me today. and asked me to have a look at what the best rate was at ice bank. so i got it up on my laptop. and it was showing €1.3977. he replied with "god that's poor. it's €1.40 here in the money shop at walsall":laugh: he strikes me as someone who would walk or even drive miles just to get an extra €0.1 on the £1.00:laugh:

bennoa1
20-11-2015, 22:39
On £1000 you'll get 1400 euros at 1.40 or 1390 euros at 1.39 so it doesn't make a huge difference. Obviously if your transferring a larger amount you'd be better going through a company specialising in exchanging money. I got 1.404 when the rate was 1.417 a week or so ago on £2k, with a £15 fee - for larger amounts the rate will improve so just 1-1.5 cents below the interbank rates.

Ecky Thump
20-11-2015, 23:06
my mate rang me today. and asked me to have a look at what the best rate was at ice bank. so i got it up on my laptop. and it was showing €1.3977. he replied with "god that's poor. it's €1.40 here in the money shop at walsall":laugh: he strikes me as someone who would walk or even drive miles just to get an extra €0.1 on the £1.00:laugh:

Then he buys a €1 pint and gives the waitress another €1 as a tip.....You know it makes sense!:D

Angusjim
21-11-2015, 08:39
Just an E mail from TOTO hes getting a great exchange rate at the Monk, pint for £1 he is going to take advantage of this today whilst watching the footie reckons he may cash in a £20 note:lol:

TOTO 99
21-11-2015, 09:01
Just an E mail from TOTO hes getting a great exchange rate at the Monk, pint for £1 he is going to take advantage of this today whilst watching the footie reckons he may cash in a £20 note:lol:

Steady on now!.......hahaha.

I'll have to change some dosh today at some point so I'll post the rate on here...

Update:

I've just got 1.41 next to pizza may near the Aguamar...

marbro8
21-11-2015, 13:16
Steady on now!.......hahaha.

I'll have to change some dosh today at some point so I'll post the rate on here...

Update:

I've just got 1.41 next to pizza may near the Aguamar...they do a lovely pint of alhambra especial in that little bar next door for €1.30. so that makes it about 90p:eyebrows:

Angusjim
21-11-2015, 13:45
they do a lovely pint of alhambra especial in that little bar next door for €1.30. so that makes it about 90p:eyebrows:

But TOTO's internal Sat Nav is set apartment to the Monk and back again by 7.00pm any deviation would just confuse him:laugh:

marbro8
21-11-2015, 13:57
But TOTO's internal Sat Nav is set apartment to the Monk and back again by 7.00pm any deviation would just confuse him:laugh:you make him sound like an alcoholic homing pigeon:lol:

TOTO 99
21-11-2015, 22:08
I've a good mind to complain about the abuse I get on here. Especially when you consider that I did actually report today's rate.
Alhambra.....I'd rather die than drink that....lol.

As you can see, it's after 7pm...I think....and I've been out since fifteen minutes before United kicked off..... Tomorrow I have to turn the apartment into something that doesn't resemble home alone, before my beautiful Julie arrives at 11:30.......I think she knows I've been out quite a bit cos she hasn't understood a word I've said in my calls since Wednesday....lol...

Malteser Monkey
21-11-2015, 22:35
I've a good mind to complain about the abuse I get on here. Especially when you consider that I did actually report today's rate.
Alhambra.....I'd rather die than drink that....lol.

As you can see, it's after 7pm...I think....and I've been out since fifteen minutes before United kicked off..... Tomorrow I have to turn the apartment into something that doesn't resemble home alone, before my beautiful Julie arrives at 11:30.......I think she knows I've been out quite a bit cos she hasn't understood a word I've said in my calls since Wednesday....lol...

You are a real keeper :laugh:

Ecky Thump
23-11-2015, 11:23
.GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.4258

Friday saw no real change for GBP/EUR with sterling holding its position at 1.4257. ECB president, Draghi, reaffirmed the need to counter deflation. This allows the ECB to expand QE or push interest rates further into the negative in the coming months. The ECB meeting on December 3rd will be key.
A relatively busy calendar for the Euro, specifically preliminary PMI readings from France and Germany which were released this morning. Both came in slightly higher than forecast. Although positive, this data may fall short of what is needed for the Euro to gain resistance to a relatively strong pound. Data due in the coming week may offer further signs of resilience but we see little change today.

US dollar ends the week higher, Fed announcement today.

The dollar rallied against the pound and euro on Friday going into the weekend, as traders continue to speculate that the Fed will increase interest rates at their upcoming December meeting. Today’s data will include French, German, and overall Eurozone flash manufacturing and services PMI figures out by 9 A.M. Today’s data will also include Eurogroup Meetings all day in Brussels, where European finance ministers will likely be discussing, among other things, European security and defence initiatives, as Brussels was on high terror alert throughout the weekend. Later today, we will have US flash manufacturing PMI and existing home sales followed by a high-profile announcement from the U.S. Federal Reserve. This Fed announcement is a meeting that is scheduled for 11:30 A.M. Eastern time in the U.S. (4:30 GMT), and is an ‘expedited, closed’ meeting for a ‘review and determination…of the advance and discount rates to be charged by the Federal Reserve Banks

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3929 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

BoPeep
24-11-2015, 18:17
We got 1.402 in Los Cristianos this morning after going to Golf del Sur first and being offered 1.34!

LUCKY
25-11-2015, 11:47
Where were you offered that price on the golf please
🎩

BoPeep
25-11-2015, 14:29
From the Aguamarina hotel, past the chinese and the pizzeria and you come to two shops. It was the second shop along.

He said 1.34 and I said 'how much' in a surprised way and he repeated the rate and as I walked out he said what rate do you want. I said '1.41' thinking that I would haggle, and he said 'go check your facts', I walked out!

LUCKY
25-11-2015, 16:34
From the Aguamarina hotel, past the chinese and the pizzeria and you come to two shops. It was the second shop along.

He said 1.34 and I said 'how much' in a surprised way and he repeated the rate and as I walked out he said what rate do you want. I said '1.41' thinking that I would haggle, and he said 'go check your facts', I walked out!

I thought it may have been that shop i used to live opposite the shop when i lived in Lower GDS :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

LUCKY
26-11-2015, 14:04
Got 1.40 this morning at Tinas in San Blas and 2 euros discount on 2lts of spirits compared with Spanish style prices :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

tfs1
01-12-2015, 00:35
Got 1.40 this morning at Tinas in San Blas and 2 euros discount on 2lts of spirits compared with Spanish style prices :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Holding steady at 1.40, that was Admiral Travels rate in LC earlier today.

nathalie292
02-12-2015, 03:37
Down slightly to 1.11 today

Angusjim
02-12-2015, 07:37
Down slightly to 1.11 today

:eek::eek:that's a big drop overnight:crazy:

Leam_Lin
02-12-2015, 09:57
Probably been on the plonk!

essexeddie
02-12-2015, 10:42
I got 1-43.7 at an ATM using my Metro debit card at the weekend.

Ecky Thump
02-12-2015, 11:02
I got 1-43.7 at an ATM using my Metro debit card at the weekend.

Well if that's what they are offering, I won't rush to invest any money with them as that's more than the official bank rate of €1.4182 to the £. :D

TOTO 99
02-12-2015, 11:05
Well if that's what they are offering, I won't rush to invest any money with them as that's more than the official bank rate of €1.4182 to the £. :D

I think Eddie had a gun with him when he went to the bank....:laugh:

karaokeking
02-12-2015, 13:44
I heard somewhere in Los Christianose the exchange rate is 142, can anyone tell me if they know where that might be, and if so could you give me directions as i am staying in Las Americas. thanks.

Angusjim
02-12-2015, 13:49
I heard somewhere in Los Christianose the exchange rate is 142, can anyone tell me if they know where that might be, and if so could you give me directions as i am staying in Las Americas. thanks.

Try here http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?125-What-s-the-current-exchange-rate-in-Tenerife/page115 :tiphat:
Would you really go all the way to Los Cristianos for a couple on cents in pound:spin:

karaokeking
02-12-2015, 14:23
Yes I am changing 1000, pounds.

Ecky Thump
02-12-2015, 17:52
Yes I am changing 1000, pounds.

To get €1.42 to the £ you would have to find the village idiot who wants to lose money...its higher than the exchange rate for clearance banks.The more you change the more money they will lose!!!, but good luck!!

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.4182

Sterling fell 0.8 cents or 0.56% against the euro yesterday as UK Manufacturing data disappointed. The euro likely received some support from an unexpected dip in the Eurozone’s unemployment rate, which fell to 10.7%, its lowest level since January 2012. Spanish Unemployment Change, out this morning, was better than forecast.
Today’s releases include UK Construction PMI, which felll more than expected, and November inflation figures for the Eurozone. Disappointing UK data and an uptick in Eurozone CPI could either maintain the rate around current levels or weaken it further in the euro’s favour. Markets await tomorrow’s ECB meeting, at which the ECB is expected to expand stimulus.

essexeddie
02-12-2015, 18:51

That's a true figure as I checked my bank online afterwards. Also that's with no charges

marbro8
02-12-2015, 18:56
Well if that's what they are offering, I won't rush to invest any money with them as that's more than the official bank rate of €1.4182 to the £. :Deddie owns his own bank:lol:

Ecky Thump
02-12-2015, 19:10
That's a true figure as I checked my bank online afterwards. Also that's with no charges

They had probably set their rate before the Euro strengthened....occasionally you find anomalies like that with Caxton, especially at a weekend.....well done, I hope you withdrew plenty of cash at that rate.::D

**I think Metro Banks Debit Card rate is set by MasterCard, Also there can be a charge made by some companies who operates certain ATM's.**

Ecky Thump
03-12-2015, 13:01
GBP/EUR : Currently trading at 1.4131

Yesterday, the pound fell against the euro as UK Construction PMI figures fell more than expected. After briefly jumping in the pound’s favour as euro inflation figures disappointed, the rate fell again, erasing its morning gains.
Today’s calendar includes UK Services PMI out this morning (9:30), forecast to tick up slightly. An increase could lend the pound some support as markets await the day’s main event, the ECB’s meeting. The rate could experience some volatility today, particularly during the ECB’s press conference. The ECB is expected to increase stimulus, which may weaken the euro.

Today’s highlights are the ECB’s highly anticipated December meeting and testimony from Fed Chair Yellen. The ECB is expected to expand stimulus today as concerns over low inflation in the Eurozone continue, including yesterday’s unchanged November CPI figure and drop in Core inflation. Investors should keep an eye on whether the degree of any stimulus announced meets, falls short of, or surpasses market expectations, which could lead to volatility in the rate and weaken the euro. Later this afternoon, Fed Chair Yellen is to testify on monetary policy before the Joint Economic Committee. Her comments will likely reiterate yesterday’s hawkish tone but may elaborate on the Fed's current expectations. Today’s releases include the UK’s Services PMI, US Non-Manufacturing PMI, and US Factory Orders. The ECB will hold a press conference this afternoon (1:30pm) following its rate decision (12:45pm), and Fed Chair Yellen will speak at 3:00pm.

information
03-12-2015, 18:58
GBP/EUR : Currently trading at 1.4131

Yesterday, the pound fell against the euro as UK Construction PMI figures fell more than expected. After briefly jumping in the pound’s favour as euro inflation figures disappointed, the rate fell again, erasing its morning gains.
Today’s calendar includes UK Services PMI out this morning (9:30), forecast to tick up slightly. An increase could lend the pound some support as markets await the day’s main event, the ECB’s meeting. The rate could experience some volatility today, particularly during the ECB’s press conference. The ECB is expected to increase stimulus, which may weaken the euro.

Today’s highlights are the ECB’s highly anticipated December meeting and testimony from Fed Chair Yellen. The ECB is expected to expand stimulus today as concerns over low inflation in the Eurozone continue, including yesterday’s unchanged November CPI figure and drop in Core inflation. Investors should keep an eye on whether the degree of any stimulus announced meets, falls short of, or surpasses market expectations, which could lead to volatility in the rate and weaken the euro. Later this afternoon, Fed Chair Yellen is to testify on monetary policy before the Joint Economic Committee. Her comments will likely reiterate yesterday’s hawkish tone but may elaborate on the Fed's current expectations. Today’s releases include the UK’s Services PMI, US Non-Manufacturing PMI, and US Factory Orders. The ECB will hold a press conference this afternoon (1:30pm) following its rate decision (12:45pm), and Fed Chair Yellen will speak at 3:00pm.

The pound is taking a hiding. Be lucky to get 1.35 now.

LindaD
03-12-2015, 20:08
Been all,over Los Cris today and the best rate we could find was 1.38.

imablue
03-12-2015, 20:11
Torviscas Travel showing 1.39 earlier this evening (4.30 pm ish).

LindaD
03-12-2015, 20:20

Theres doesn't seem to be much in it, although on Tuesday we did see some places 1.40

bennoa1
03-12-2015, 21:38

We always use the italian guys at the end of the run of shops with the Beehive Pub in, opposite the shopping centre and new (well not so new now) hotel, just up from La Pinta. They usually have the best rate and no commission, but they do now require ID the first time you change money. They also do bikes, trips and car hire but only ever changed cash there.

imablue
03-12-2015, 21:56
Yep he the same man... Torviscas Travel.. under Amandas ..
You know it makes sense, they also have a shop in San Eugenio Shopping Centre on the Mercadona level..

bennoa1
03-12-2015, 22:47
Yep he the same man... Torviscas Travel.. under Amandas ..
You know it makes sense, they also have a shop in San Eugenio Shopping Centre on the Mercadona level..

Ooops. Ought to take more notice. Been using them for 10+ years and they are pretty much always the best rate. Try and void San Eugenio CC as it means spending money and /or wasting time window shopping. Have you tried the Beehive - decent game of pool in there and good music - pop in occasionally in the afternoon for a pint or 2 when the girls are shopping over the road. the guy behind the bar is a tad camp and wears too much leather. Played him once and beat him - he wasn't happy.

imablue
03-12-2015, 23:01
Not done the Rat Run (as it was known as) for years, but can say had some great nights in and around that den of iniquity that still remain a blast from my younger days......... ha ha ...circa BP....

essexeddie
04-12-2015, 11:52
It was 1-40 yesterday but it's now 1-35 this morning.

Ecky Thump
04-12-2015, 12:33
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3882

The pound strengthened briefly against the euro yesterday morning as UK Services ticked up and markets anticipated the ECB meeting. The rate then dropped 2.1 cents or 1.48% as the ECB announced a cut in the deposit rate from -0.2% to -0.3%, likely less than markets had expected. The rate weakened further during the ECB’s press conference, falling into the 1.38 range to trade at its lowest levels since the end of October.
The main release for this pairing today is this morning’s German Factory Orders, which returned to growth after last month’s contraction. As markets continue to digest yesterday’s ECB meeting, the rate may remain around this lower level. The rate could strengthen slightly if the rate self-corrects from yesterday’s lows.

The euro rallied over three cents against both the pound and the dollar yesterday as the ECB took less aggressive stimulus measures than markets had expected. The ECB cut the deposit rate from -0.2% to -0.3% as was largely expected, a shallower cut than some had forecast. At the subsequent press conference, ECB President Draghi announced that the ECB would extend its asset purchase programme (APP) by six months, through to at least March 2017. The size of purchases remained unchanged. The ECB is confident that the measures taken should be “adequate” to achieve its objectives. Markets will continue to digest yesterday’s ECB announcements while keeping an eye on today’s economic releases, which include the US’s Average Hourly Earnings, Non-Farm Employment Change, and Unemployment Rate, and Canada’s Unemployment Rate, Employment Change, and Trade Balance.

information
04-12-2015, 19:17
It was 1-40 yesterday but it's now 1-35 this morning.

as I posted last night;)

The pound is taking a hiding. Be lucky to get 1.35 now.

imablue
04-12-2015, 19:27
Torviscas Travel showing 1.37 this afternoon ..............I wasn,t expecting that..!:boohoo:

Ecky Thump
04-12-2015, 19:55
Torviscas Travel showing 1.37 this afternoon ..............I wasn,t expecting that..!:boohoo:

I've just put on a few pounds on my Caxtonfx Debit Card and got €1.3587 which I thought was a fair rate of exchange, the downside to this is that it's so that my son and his wife can borrow my card to go on holiday with it.........he said the card on its own is worthless!! :D

Ecky Thump
05-12-2015, 11:37
CaxtonFX are today offering €1.3560 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ice Bank are offering €1.3315 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

imablue
05-12-2015, 12:26
T.Travel again at 1.37 this morning ......

golazzo
07-12-2015, 22:11
€1.38 over here in Burnley today

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 13:49
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3772

Yesterday’s session saw substantial gains from the euro in part due to poor UK Manufacturing data falling to -0.4% from last month’s reading of +0.9%. Solid EUR data, including Q3 GDP remaining unchanged at 0.3%, allowed the EUR to maintain momentum throughout the day. UK GDP estimate saw a positive reading, allowing for sterling resistance with the pair settling at 1.3776.
A quiet day on today’s calendar with limited data from either side. German trade balance, released this morning, came in more favourably than forecast and may hold off a sterling recovery. Sterling’s focus today will be on minutes released from FPC (financial policy committee) meeting at 10:30am; this will give a slight indication to future policy, however the language used would need to be particularly hawkish for this to be a market driver.

Yesterday’s manufacturing production m/m figures disappointed and were lower than expected, coming in at -0.4% when -0.1% was expected, down from last month’s figures of 0.9%. This poor manufacturing figure did much to weaken the pound, as the pound fell nearly 1% against the euro and 0.6% against the U.S. dollar. The downward movement has largely stopped, but there is still a downside risk for the pound with little other UK data before the Bank of England meeting tomorrow. The Brent crude-oil futures price dipped below $40.0 briefly yesterday, which represents the lowest price since February 2009 and Commodity currencies have continued to weaken on the back of this poor data. This morning’s data showed that Chinese CPI y/y has improved slightly from last month, registering at 1.5% when 1.4% was expected, but it is a lighter data calendar in the western markets today. Tonight will bring the RBNZ official cash rate and rate statement followed by a press conference in New Zealand. There will be much attention on the RBNZ meeting, during which the central bank could potentially cut interest rates to defend the economy against the pressures of low commodity prices and poor inflation throughout the year.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3486 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
09-12-2015, 22:28
a very poor 1.35 at Admiral Travel, LC, this evening. Luckily we havent any money to change !

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 11:37

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3835

Sterling strengthened against the euro for most of the day, before the rate reversed course in the euro’s favour in the afternoon after meeting resistance at 1.3850. There were no major UK or euro releases.
Today’s calendar includes the UK’s Trade Balance, which widened more than forecast, and the Bank of England meeting. The rate may remain around current levels or weaken in the euro’s favour if the BOE maintains its more-dovish outlook. Investors should also keep an eye on this evening’s comments from German Buba President Weidmann and BOE Governor Carney.

Markets await BOE guidance.

Attention today is largely on the results of the Bank of England’s December meeting, out this afternoon (12:00pm). The BOE is largely expected to maintain its more-dovish November outlook, and the vote to hold interest rates (8-1, with only McCafferty dissenting) is expected to remain unchanged, although any increase in the number of dissenters could offer the pound some support. If the BOE does maintain its more-dovish view in its accompanying Monetary Policy Summary, the meeting may weigh on the pound today. An uptick in inflation will likely be needed before the BOE more strongly signals its intention to raise interest rates; the next inflation figures will be released on Tuesday the 15th. Other releases to keep an eye on today include the UK’s Trade Balance, Canada’s New Housing Price Index, and US Unemployment Claims and Import Prices. This evening, German Buba President Weidmann and BOE Governor Carney are both expected to speak.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3559 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card

tfs1
10-12-2015, 13:02
1.36 this morning at the outlet up the road from the Aquamar apartments and near 'Olivers with a twist'.

warbey
10-12-2015, 21:21
Tesco Chester 134.9 around 3 pm today!!

Ecky Thump
10-12-2015, 21:59
Tesco Chester 134.9 around 3 pm today!!

They must be trying to make up the profits that they are down on from last year....robbers!

Ecky Thump
11-12-2015, 13:14

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3809

The pound strengthened further against the euro yesterday morning, dropping a cent following the BOE’s noon announcements. After meeting support around 1.3792, the rate reversed course and regained its earlier losses. There were no major UK economic releases, and comments from German Buba President Weidmann and BOE Governor Carney in the evening had limited impact on the rate.
The calendar for this pairing is quieter as the week draws to a close, but investors should keep an eye on comments from MPC Member Weale this afternoon for any forward guidance following yesterday’s BOE meeting. The rate may continue to remain largely within this range.

Bank of England holds interest rates as expected.

Sterling weakened slightly yesterday as the BOE retained its more-dovish tones at its December meeting. CPI inflation is not expected to hit 1% until the second half of 2016 as continuing drops in oil prices and slowing wage growth weigh on inflation. The BOE held interest rates at 0.50%, as expected, and the votes to do so were unchanged at 8 to 1. While Sterling initially weakened in reaction to the BOE’s announcements, it was able to recover at least some of that ground lost against our main pairings during the afternoon. Today’s main releases are US Retail Sales, Producer Price Index, and Consumer Sentiment figures. Retail Sales will be particularly of note as a signpost of the economy’s strength ahead of next week’s Fed meeting. MPC Member Weale will speak this afternoon (3:35pm) at the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3501 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
21-12-2015, 15:47
For all you lucky folk going to or in Tenerife for Christmas time.

GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.3725

Friday started well for the pound as we saw the rate cross the 1.38 barrier. However, these gains were short lived as the euro pushed back throughout the course of the day dropping below 1.37 for the first time since October.
We have seen a slight relief for the pound early this morning as German PPI disappointed, registering a 0.2% decrease. As we approach Christmas, the economic calendar remains fairly quiet. We are therefore expecting a relatively quiet week ahead.

Friday's data showed the Canadian core CPI m/m was much lower than expected with -0.3% when 0.0% was expected. Markets have adopted a risk-off attitude as traders try to decipher how the markets are interpreting the interest rate hike from the U.S. Federal Reserve last week combined with low oil prices. The euro, Japanese yen, and Swiss franc are among the strongest currencies at the moment as there is a significant amount of uncertainty and market volatility in equity and currency markets. There will be minimal data released today with the biggest figures being German PPI m/m released this morning, which was on target this morning at -0.2%, followed by Eurozone consumer confidence figures at 3:00 P.M. With thinner markets during the Christmas week, we can expect additional volatility and quite random movements.

imablue
21-12-2015, 16:00
Torviscas Travel showing 1.35 this morning...

Ecky Thump
21-12-2015, 16:08
Torviscas Travel showing 1.35 this morning...

Now that's a simple hint to say that you are already in Tenerife!:cheeky:

imablue
21-12-2015, 17:19
Yes Ecky i spend 12 months of the year here,every year ..:whistle:

Ecky Thump
21-12-2015, 19:06
Yes Ecky i spend 12 months of the year here,every year ..:whistle:

Have you considered the benefits of taking a holiday in the UK ....Given a few days, then I might be able to give you a few of these benefits!! :D

bennoa1
22-12-2015, 12:31
Just come back from 2 weeks on the rock and it was 1.35 pretty much every day.

golazzo
10-01-2016, 08:58
This exchange rate needs to buck it's ideas up. Told the other half at Xmas we should have bought a lump some but she wouldn't listen.

Looking at the news they are hopeful of a recovery soon and we should start to see it rise again

macdonald5
10-01-2016, 09:25
Only €1.32 yesterday at most places In San Eugenio

golazzo
10-01-2016, 13:12
Just topped up my Multicurrency Cash card and only got a rate of €1.3015

Ecky Thump
11-01-2016, 11:59

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3378

The euro strengthened against the pound on Friday, receiving support as a haven currency as China-driven market volatility continued. The rate fell into the low 1.33 range, its lowest levels since February. The pound continued to receive pressure from the upcoming EU referendum, growing concern over global risks, and recent disappointing data.
With no new major economic data expected for this pairing today, the rate may remain around this lower level as the pound continues to experience pressure from downside risks. The euro may experience further support as a haven currency, particularly if there is any renewed market volatility. If markets are calmer today, there could be some correction in the pound's favour, although any gains will likely be limited by the ongoing pressures on the pound.

On Friday, the pound fell to its lowest level against the euro since February and a new low against the dollar since June 2010. The euro received further support as a haven currency as stock markets tumbled again, led by losses in oil and energy stocks, while the dollar strengthened on the back of a higher-than-forecast NonFarm Payrolls figure, which keeps open the possibility of further Fed rate increases this year. Investors should continue to keep an eye on China this week for the fallout from last week’s volatility and any renewed stock market turmoil this week despite China's fixing of the yuan at a stable rate against the dollar for a second day. As for the economic calendar, today gets the week off to a relatively quiet start with the US’s Labor Market Conditions Index and Canada’s Housing Starts, both of which typically have a limited impact on rates, as well as the quarterly Bank of Canada Business Outlook Survey and a speech from Fed Member Lockhart

CaxtonFX are offering €1.3061 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

golazzo
11-01-2016, 17:50
Got €1.33 here in Burnley today [emoji106]

golazzo
15-01-2016, 22:21
Still €1.31 here

Ecky Thump
15-01-2016, 22:28
Still €1.31 here

CaxtonFx are offering €1.28 to the £ on your debit card, but given the way the pound is that's not too bad, saying that I think I'll hold off in the hope that the pound rerecovers a bit of ground.:spin:

golazzo
16-01-2016, 11:55
This euro is worrying at present. Will we see a turnaround

Ecky Thump
16-01-2016, 12:54
This euro is worrying at present. Will we see a turnaround

I don't think that there will be much change in the stregth (or Weakness) of the UK Pound until February when the latest inflation figures are released.

The way the Euro stands at the moment is slightly better for those who live in Spain/Tenerife as they can import goods at a slightly better rate than a couple of months ago.....all the cafe owners stock up on your Heinz Baked Beans!:D

golazzo
17-01-2016, 18:04
€1.31 still here

LUCKY
18-01-2016, 13:44
At San Blas this morning the rate was 1 euro 30 cents :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

kingbaker
18-01-2016, 14:00
I don't think that there will be much change in the stregth (or Weakness) of the UK Pound until February when the latest inflation figures are released.

The way the Euro stands at the moment is slightly better for those who live in Spain/Tenerife as they can import goods at a slightly better rate than a couple of months ago.....all the cafe owners stock up on your Heinz Baked Beans!:D

They wont need them after the Brexit coz you lot wont be allowed in.:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::laugh:
Special rules for the 'Girls' of course!!:laugh::laugh:

golazzo
18-01-2016, 21:45
Still holding at €1.31 here in Burnley [emoji106]

Ecky Thump
18-01-2016, 22:04
Still holding at €1.31 here in Burnley [emoji106]

Can you tell us who is giving you this rate...it will help others on the forum.:idea:

golazzo
19-01-2016, 16:10
Heads up for anyone with a multicurrencycashpassport card. I've just checked online with my account and they are offering €1.35 to the £1 today.

Hence I just bought a shed load.

golazzo
19-01-2016, 16:11
Can you tell us who is giving you this rate...it will help others on the forum.:idea:

My apologies. It was our local travel agent Althams Travel.

golazzo
19-01-2016, 16:33

Well that philosophy went out of the window today [emoji23]

€1.35 [emoji106]

Ecky Thump
19-01-2016, 17:59
Well that philosophy went out of the window today [emoji23]

€1.35 [emoji106]

With the bank rate today sitting at about €1.3150 to the £, whoever is offering the rate of €1.35 to the £ will be bankrupt in 24 hours time!!:D

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3142

The pound strengthened slightly against the euro yesterday morning, peaking around 1.3165, before dipping slightly in the euro’s favour and treading water in the low 1.31 to upper 1.30 range yesterday. There were no major releases out from either the UK or the Eurozone.
Attention today turns to the UK’s inflation figures and Eurozone and German Economic Sentiment figures. If UK inflation holds at 0.1% compared to a year earlier, the pound could stem some of its recent losses. Economic Sentiment figures are forecast to dip again, which could weaken the euro slightly. Final Eurozone CPI is expected to remain unchanged at 0.2% and therefore may have little impact on the rate. The rate could strengthen this morning but may struggle to retain any gains given ongoing pressures on Sterling. If UK data disappoint, the rate may fall further.

After a quiet data calendar and US Bank Holiday yesterday, the calendar picked up with the release of China’s GDP figures overnight. GDP growth slowed slightly more than forecast to 6.8% y/y in Q4; full-year growth was at 6.9%, around the government’s target of approximately 7%. Economic releases continue with UK CPI, Eurozone and German Economic Sentiment, Final Eurozone CPI, and Canadian Foreign Securities Purchases. In addition, this afternoon’s Global Dairy Trade Price Index will provide the latest insight into dairy prices following recent global market volatility. Of particular interest today may be the UK’s inflation figures, given the pressures that have weighed on the pound recently. UK CPI y/y is forecast to remain at 0.1% in December. Investors should also keep an eye on comments from BOE Governor Carney at the 50th Anniversary Peston Lecture at Queen Mary University (12:00pm) for any forward guidance.

golazzo
19-01-2016, 18:12
With the bank rate today sitting at about €1.3150 to the £, whoever is offering the rate of €1.35 to the £ will be bankrupt in 24 hours time!!:D

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.342

The pound strengthened slightly against the euro yesterday morning, peaking around 1.3165, before dipping slightly in the euro’s favour and treading water in the low 1.31 to upper 1.30 range yesterday. There were no major releases out from either the UK or the Eurozone.
Attention today turns to the UK’s inflation figures and Eurozone and German Economic Sentiment figures. If UK inflation holds at 0.1% compared to a year earlier, the pound could stem some of its recent losses. Economic Sentiment figures are forecast to dip again, which could weaken the euro slightly. Final Eurozone CPI is expected to remain unchanged at 0.2% and therefore may have little impact on the rate. The rate could strengthen this morning but may struggle to retain any gains given ongoing pressures on Sterling. If UK data disappoint, the rate may fall further.

After a quiet data calendar and US Bank Holiday yesterday, the calendar picked up with the release of China’s GDP figures overnight. GDP growth slowed slightly more than forecast to 6.8% y/y in Q4; full-year growth was at 6.9%, around the government’s target of approximately 7%. Economic releases continue with UK CPI, Eurozone and German Economic Sentiment, Final Eurozone CPI, and Canadian Foreign Securities Purchases. In addition, this afternoon’s Global Dairy Trade Price Index will provide the latest insight into dairy prices following recent global market volatility. Of particular interest today may be the UK’s inflation figures, given the pressures that have weighed on the pound recently. UK CPI y/y is forecast to remain at 0.1% in December. Investors should also keep an eye on comments from BOE Governor Carney at the 50th Anniversary Peston Lecture at Queen Mary University (12:00pm) for any forward guidance.

See Link

https://www.multicurrencycashpassport.com

I've just bought more has I have two rooms to pay for on arrival at the beginning of March at the Europe Villa Cortes [emoji23]

Ecky Thump
19-01-2016, 18:25
See Link

https://www.multicurrencycashpassport.com

I've just bought more has I have two rooms to pay for on arrival at the beginning of March at the Europe Villa Cortes [emoji23]

They are obviously covering themselves with the charges they make for loading the card, plus other charges that they show on their website. No one gives three cents to the pound away for any reason. If they do, I'll take a card out tonight.:D

golazzo
19-01-2016, 18:28
They are obviously covering themselves with the charges they make for loading the card, plus other charges that they show on their website. No one gives three cents to the pound away for any reason. If they do, I'll take a card out tonight.:D

There was no charges Ecky. €1.35 is what I got with no charges

golazzo
19-01-2016, 18:32
There was no charges Ecky. €1.35 is what I got with no charges

Only a top up fee when you want to load with GBP otherwise any other currency is the rate its advised at. Kerching

Ecky Thump
19-01-2016, 18:47
Only a top up fee when you want to load with GBP otherwise any other currency is the rate its advised at. Kerching

Yes, I had a look at their charges and as you say, they do make a charge when loading from the UK £ and it shows 2%... So with their other charges, I think I will stick with CaxtonFX, it's a case of buyer beware and read all the small print.

golazzo
19-01-2016, 18:54
Yes, I had a look at their charges and as you say, they do make a charge when loading from the UK £ and it shows 2%... So with their other charges, I think I will stick with CaxtonFX, it's a case of buyer beware and read all the small print.

Yes but the fee only applies if you actually want to load some sterling onto your card with being multi currency.

If you are purchasing euros with sterling then there no fees involved at all. The price quoted on the day is what you get

Ecky Thump
19-01-2016, 19:08
Yes but the fee only applies if you actually want to load some sterling onto your card with being multi currency.

If you are purchasing euros with sterling then there no fees involved at all. The price quoted on the day is what you get

I surrender as I have no idea how any banking institution can give away 3cents to the £ ???

golazzo
19-01-2016, 19:30
I surrender as I have no idea how any banking institution can give away 3cents to the £ ???

Neither do I but I took advantage. It would be rude not to [emoji106]

Angusjim
19-01-2016, 22:11
Neither do I but I took advantage. It would be rude not to [emoji106]

Are you Scottish or from Yorkshire:laugh:

golazzo
19-01-2016, 22:16
Well it looks like they dropped a clanger. Rates back down to €1.29 this evening.

golazzo
19-01-2016, 22:17
Unless of course they were sat on too many euros and wanted to offload some.

LUCKY
20-01-2016, 00:15
Are you Scottish or from Yorkshire:laugh:

Well it wasn't me :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

golazzo
20-01-2016, 06:46
Well it wasn't me :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Burnley born n bred [emoji106]

Angusjim
20-01-2016, 07:52
Burnley born n bred [emoji106]

So from Yorkshire:whistle::whistle::eyebrows:

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 12:30
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2904

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday morning, receiving support from an uptick in UK inflation. The rate rose to a high of 1.3186, only to reverse course as BOE Governor Carney indicated that the UK was not yet ready for a rate hike. As a result of the comments, the pound dropped nearly two cents, hitting 1.2961, a new low since January 2015. Economic Sentiment in both Germany and the Eurozone fell.
The releases for this pairing today include Average Earnings and unemployment data from the UK. Slower wage growth and an unchanged Unemployment Rate may offer the pound little support today. As a result the rate may remain around current levels or weaken further. If the UK’s releases surprise to the upside, the rate may instead strengthen.

After initially strengthening on the back of a slight uptick in UK inflation figures, the pound fell as Bank of England Governor Carney said the time was not yet right to raise interest rates, citing global risks and slower economic and wage growth. CPI y/y in December rose to 0.2% from 0.1% in November, while Core CPI rose to 1.4%. A more dovish BOE, Brexit concerns, and underwhelming economic growth are likely to continue to weigh on the pound. Also yesterday, the IMF downgraded its global growth forecast for 2016 to 3.4% from 3.6%. Today, attention on the pound continues with the release of the UK’s Average Earnings, Claimant Count Change, and Unemployment Rate figures. This afternoon, Canada releases Manufacturing and Wholesale Sales and the US releases its December inflation figures. The Bank of Canada announces its latest interest rate decision this afternoon. The World Economic Forum Annual Meetings continue today; investors should keep an eye out for any headlines.

CaxtonFX are currently (@11.29) offering €1.2629 to the £ when you load your Euro Card.

TOTO 99
20-01-2016, 12:47
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2904

CaxtonFX are currently (@11.29) offering €1.2629 to the £ when you load your Euro Card.

Right that's it....I'm off to Burnley....miles better rate there....:lol:

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 13:05
Right that's it....I'm off to Burnley....miles better rate there....:lol:

If they make you a offer of only €1.35 to the pound, don't accept it...Golazzo knows a company who gives their money away....it's a Lancashire trait only to be bettered by Yorkshire!:D

TOTO 99
20-01-2016, 13:23
If they make you a offer of only €1.35 to the pound, don't accept it...Golazzo knows a company who gives their money away....it's a Lancashire trait only to be bettered by Yorkshire!:D

I'll be stuck in the queue behind AngusJim changing a full 20 pound note for his holiday spends....He likes to push the boat out does AJ.

I remember the last time he got the ale in....He must've gone through some pasetas that night...:lol:

Angusjim
20-01-2016, 14:10
I'll be stuck in the queue behind AngusJim changing a full 20 pound note for his holiday spends....He likes to push the boat out does AJ.

I remember the last time he got the ale in....He must've gone through some pasetas that night...:lol:

Excuse me but at least I did not use the old " sorry I forgot to go the cashpoint and I have forgotten my card I will get them in tomorrow " then yea didnae answer yer phone again.:mad:

TOTO 99
20-01-2016, 14:14
Excuse me but at least I did not use the old " sorry I forgot to go the cashpoint and I have forgotten my card I will get them in tomorrow " then yea didnae answer yer phone again.:mad:

There's a good reason you didn't use that excuse....Neither the phone nor the cashpoint had been invented last time you bought a round...:lol:

golazzo
20-01-2016, 16:29

Still €1.31 here at the local Travel Agents

Mopped up yesterday at €1.35 with cash passport. Your only jealous [emoji23][emoji23]

golazzo
20-01-2016, 16:30
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160120/7fdbdd0db10631cc11656556a5c846e1.jpg

Just one of my transactions yesterday [emoji23][emoji23]

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 17:58
Still €1.31 here at the local Travel Agents

Mopped up yesterday at €1.35 with cash passport. Your only jealous [emoji23][emoji23]

Jealousy doesn't cover my feelings on your dealings yesterday...pure envy might be better! :lol:, but as for today getting €1.31 to the £ then they must be charging commission to cover their loss or somewhere along the line there is fraud being committed.

The CaxtoFX rate of exchange has now (16:55 ) increased slightly to €1.2697 when you load your debit card.

That rate includes all commission and withdrawal fees at ATM's in Europe.

golazzo
20-01-2016, 18:13
Jealousy doesn't cover my feelings on your dealings yesterday...pure envy might be better! :lol:, but as for today getting €1.31 to the £ then they must be charging commission to cover their loss or somewhere along the line there is fraud being committed.

The CaxtoFX rate of exchange has now (16:55 ) increased slightly to €1.2697 when you load your debit card.

That rate includes all commission and withdrawal fees at ATM's in Europe.

Haha. You won't be told will you [emoji6]. No comission and the local travel agent have surplus euros which they bought and are just converting into sterling [emoji106]

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 18:20
Haha. You won't be told will you [emoji6]. No comission and the local travel agent have surplus euros which they bought and are just converting into sterling [emoji106]

It just doesen't make sense why anyone would give a better rate than needed, he/she is losing income by doing that...is the shop closing down or something????
There is no such thing as a money surplus in a small buisness...if you post the name and address of the travel agent Angusjim will be there immediately! :wink:

golazzo
20-01-2016, 18:23
It just doesen't make sense why anyone would give a better rate than needed, he/she is losing income by doing that...is the shop closing down or something????
There is no such thing as a money surplus in a small buisness...if you post the name and address of the travel agent Angusjim will be there immediately! :wink:

Althams Travel Limited Burnley

They have branches throughout the North West and have been trading over 100 years. And they are not closing down [emoji6]

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 18:33
Althams Travel Limited Burnley

They have branches throughout the North West and have been trading over 100 years. And they are not closing down [emoji6]

just to clear my mind, I phoned Althams at their "Yeadon Leeds" branch and they quoted €1.26 to the £ so I guess they have sold their surplus euros....ah well, it has saved AngusJim a journey. :wink:

macdonald5
20-01-2016, 18:52
So think I'll stick with our Halifax Clarity card ( know it can't always be accepted to pay apartments etc)
During our Recent month' holiday we got from €1.395 dropping to €1.345 while most cash exchange was at least two under

golazzo
20-01-2016, 19:00
just to clear my mind, I phoned Althams at their "Yeadon Leeds" branch and they quoted €1.26 to the £ so I guess they have sold their surplus euros....ah well, it has saved AngusJim a journey. :wink:

Sorry I should have mentioned. Each store has different rates. We have 4 stores to choose from all with different rates.

marbro8
20-01-2016, 20:22
Sorry I should have mentioned. Each store has different rates. We have 4 stores to choose from all with different rates.they must be laundering money:lol:

Angusjim
20-01-2016, 20:43

You are correct I would waste my time searching for the best rates the thrill of getting 1.34 instead of 1.33 makes all the differance to our holdays we can go out and spoil ourselves:doh::rolleyes:

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 21:21
You are correct I would waste my time searching for the best rates the thrill of getting 1.34 instead of 1.33 makes all the differance to our holdays we can go out and spoil ourselves:doh::rolleyes:

I think what you mean is that you will be able to buy that €1 pint that

TOTO 99 keeps on 6350ing on about!:D

warbey
20-01-2016, 21:59
Anyone any Idea of the Exchange rate in Tenerife Please??

Just wondering.....:devil2::devil2::tiphat:

Ecky Thump
20-01-2016, 22:24

Approxamitly within the range of 2-3 cents more that CaxtonFX are offering.....that will be about €1.28 to the £ give or take or .....a difference of 1/50th of a pint of cheap Tenerife beer!:tiphat:

tfs1
20-01-2016, 23:02

will hopefully have a look tomorrow, its just toooooooo hot and sunny here to do anything - arrived last night and the aircon has been working overtime ! Thankfully a complete contrast to Spain, yesterday we had a frost and it was nearly as cold as England !

tfs1
21-01-2016, 15:16
this morning at Admiral Travel in LC the rate was 1.27 around the corner near Fados it was 1.28 (was still this rate 30 minutes ago when we walked back)

Ecky Thump
21-01-2016, 20:26
GBP/EURO : Currently trading at 1.31

The pound strengthened against the euro for most of the day yesterday, receiving support from a drop in the Unemployment Rate and a drop in Claimant Count Change, despite slower wage growth. After dipping below the 1.29 mark in the morning, the rate strengthened over a cent, meeting resistance at 1.3040. The rate dipped back below 1.30 by the end of the day.
The highlight for this pairing today is the ECB’s meeting. If the ECB indicates that the current level of stimulus will likely be sufficient, the euro may strengthen. If the ECB expresses increased concerns about the risks to inflation and indicates that it may yet expand stimulus, the euro could weaken.

Stock markets fell again yesterday as the oil rout continued. Data out yesterday indicated that wage growth in the UK slowed in the three months to November, and the Unemployment Rate fell to 5.1%, its lowest level since 2006. US inflation slowed 0.1% m/m in December. The highlight today will likely be the ECB meeting. Investors should keep an eye on the meeting and the subsequent press conference for any guidance as to the likelihood of further stimulus this year and the effect of recent global stock market volatility and China concerns on the Eurozone’s economic growth and inflation outlook. In addition to the ECB meeting, the day’s calendar includes US Unemployment Claims and the Philly Fed Manufacturing Index, both forecast to improve slightly over the previous releases.

CaxtonFX are offering €1.2756 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
22-01-2016, 10:58

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3155

The rate fell back into the low 1.29 range yesterday morning ahead of the ECB, only to jump over a cent and a half after ECB President Draghi indicated the ECB might consider expanding stimulus further in March. The euro briefly clawed back some ground before weakening again, and the rate pushed above the 1.31 mark.
In addition to this morning’s underwhelming Eurozone, French, and German Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI figures, the day’s other releases include UK Retail Sales and Public Sector Net Borrowing. Underwhelming UK figures could weaken the pound again today, while above-forecast figures could further yesterday’s gains. The rate may remain around current levels unless the day’s releases surprise.

The euro weakened against both the pound and the dollar yesterday after the ECB indicated that it may reconsider its monetary policy stance in March, in light of increased risks to economic growth and inflation. Interest rates are likely to remain lower for longer. US Unemployment Claims rose to 293K, the highest level in approximately six months. A figure under 300K indicates an improving labour market. Today’s releases include UK Retail Sales and Public Sector Net Borrowing, Eurozone Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI figures, US Existing Home Sales, and Canadian inflation and Retail Sales figures. Investors should also keep an eye on the ongoing World Economic Forum Annual Meetings. MPC Member Cunliffe will speak on the effect of EU membership on non-euro central banks at noon.

CaxtonFX are currently (09:58) offering €1.2881 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

As a comparison Ice Bank are offering €1.2622 to the £ on their Euro Debit Card.

imablue
22-01-2016, 13:51
1.29 this morning at Torviscas Travel.

Ecky Thump
22-01-2016, 16:57
1.29 this morning at Torviscas Travel.

Since this morning CaxtonFX have increased their exchange rate to €1.2950 to the £, which seems to be a fair rate for loading a debit card.

Angusjim
22-01-2016, 20:16
Since this morning CaxtonFX have increased their exchange rate to €1.2950 to the £, which seems to be a fair rate for loading a debit card.

Take a chance see if goes up to 1.30 and then you can really push the boat out in May:laugh:

Ecky Thump
22-01-2016, 20:22
Take a chance see if goes up to 1.30 and then you can really push the boat out in May:laugh:

I know that I've a very bad memory, but Carol clearly remembers you saying that we will be your guests in Tenerife and not to bother with money as you will take care of all our material needs.....and that "material" does not constitute a sheet and pillow case!:)

golazzo
23-01-2016, 10:49
Still holding out at €1.31 with our local travel agent and currently €1.3051 online with multicurrencycashpassport

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 11:51
Still holding out at €1.31 with our local travel agent and currently €1.3051 online with multicurrencycashpassport

I'm no expert on currency cards, but before anyone uses the one you have quoted they might be interested in reading these reviews.."

Multi-currency Cash Passport Reviews - ProductReview.com.au
www.productreview.com.au › cua-multi-...

:dontknow:

Absolute crap! Avoid at all costs.

I couldn't register my card because it kept giving me an error. I called for help, it took 45 minutes to get through and they gave me the wrong advise so I was stuck again with no access to my account.
Second call, 1 hour to get through and finally got it sorted.
The rates aren't great and I think the reload fees are a rip off and make the rate offer that much worse.
You're better to see if you can get a preloaded card through your airline with airpoints or miles etc. Something a bit more trustworthy and s

Don't use this card.

I wish I had never stepped into the shop where I obtained this card. It has been declined more times than it has been accepted. I sent two money transfers from my online banking in the UK to the card - within 1 minute of each other and only one transfer has arrived so they have stolen £1900 of my money and I have hours on the phone to Manila trying to get problems resolved only to have useless idiots hang up the phone just because they can't understand me. I believe everyone on here should spread how bad this card is on social media. Report it to every financial industry regulator in every country of use and report all cases such as missing money etc to the police. This is simply disgusting. Their president is Mr Steve Grigg and if anyone can find direct contact details for him then please post them here

DON'T

Used this card - my experience same as everyone else's, lost secondary card, filled out the forms - took 2 months, heard nothing - called them - another 20 min wait. Finally get their decision - no refund. Rang Cairns Police - no investigation had been requested. Local shopkeeper where the card was used, knew the person, had CCTV, but no one has made contact. DO NOT USE THIS CARD - FIND ANOTHER ONE.

Card Not Secure & Wall Of Silence After Claim

This card system would have worked out well for us, except for two important points: security & customer support. Our secondary card was stolen and my first thought was thank goodness they don't have access to the PIN. Well they didn't need the PIN and our account was emptied within half an hour before we were able to put a stop on it. Then having reported the theft, filled out the 'disputed transactions' report and furnishing cash passport with the police report, there was a wall of silence from cash passport. As the weeks went by, I just want

Exorbitant & Incorrect Fees

I was charged exorbitant amounts to withdraw cash from ATM's in instances they claimed would be free (i.e. withdrawing the default currency). My default currency was the Euro and I still got hit with shocking fees in Germany, France and Spain.

Shocking

MasterCard should be embarrassed to be associated with such a product. Customer Service is non-existent, they can't even be bothered to answer the phone or respond to emails to let me know when I will get my money back. Flawed.

TOTO 99
23-01-2016, 12:05
That link is to an Aussie site Ecky so I'm not sure if it's the same card they're talking about?

When I Googled "multi currency passport" I realised there were quite a few with the same name including Travelex and Sainsburys...???

They all seem much of a muchness though...

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 12:10

CaxtonFX are currently (11:07 ) offering €1.2911 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card

TOTO 99
23-01-2016, 12:13
CaxtonFX are currently (11:07 ) offering €1.2911 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card

1.50 in Burnley now....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 12:19
That link is to an Aussie site Ecky so I'm not sure if it's the same card they're talking about?

When I Googled "multi currency passport" I realised there were quite a few with the same name including Travelex and Sainsburys...???

I think after looking at the company house register that there is a link between them, my brother in law has a UK account with them and he has found that in Spain, Australia, Italy, Tenerife and the USA they have charged him at ATM's the cost of these have ranged from 85p to £2.10......

He's sitting here in my house at the moment and moaning about the company.....I wish he would go home to St.Albans!! :D

I'm on my way now!!:laugh:

Update

I've just read the UK Trip Advisor reviews on the British version of Multii Currency Passport Cash Card and again a lot of very negative reviews. :-(

But some people are happy???

golazzo
23-01-2016, 12:48
Haha. What a load of balls that is. Firstly if you read the small print. When topping up through a banking network it can take up to 5 working days to arrive into your account, same for topping up on your mobile as well. Secondly if you top up through their website, the money is in your account instantly

And lastly having had two types of cards over the last three years I have never once had any issues whatsoever

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 13:02
Haha. What a load of balls that is. Firstly if you read the small print. When topping up through a banking network it can take up to 5 working days to arrive into your account, same for topping up on your mobile as well. Secondly if you top up through their website, the money is in your account instantly

And lastly having had two types of cards over the last three years I have never once had any issues whatsoever

Read back to the post prior to yours (load of balls :D)....But SOME people are happy! and good luck, you are one of the happy ones.:tiphat:

golazzo
23-01-2016, 13:12

Yes ours was purchased through Tescos

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 13:18
Haha. What a load of balls

And lastly

Yes ours was purchased through Tescos

I quote!! :crylaughing:

LUCKY
23-01-2016, 13:22

I will collect at Burnley for a small fee , please send your money to my account, (why do i feel like i am doing a Nigerian scam)

golazzo
23-01-2016, 13:29
I quote!! :crylaughing:

When I mean purchased I mean FOC not paid for [emoji106]

murph
23-01-2016, 14:33
I have a Caxton FX one and an RCI one.

Never had a problem with either - in fact best idea for years! Anyone remember messing about with Travellers Cheques??

TOTO 99
23-01-2016, 15:06
I will collect at Burnley for a small fee , please send your money to my account, (why do i feel like i am doing a Nigerian scam)

Because you're doing a Yorkshire Scam......they're very similar in a lot of ways.......especially for the victim...:laugh: