PDA

View Full Version : Finance What's the current exchange rate in Tenerife?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

golazzo
23-01-2016, 18:13
I have a Caxton FX one and an RCI one.

Never had a problem with either - in fact best idea for years! Anyone remember messing about with Travellers Cheques??

Travellers Cheques. What the hell are them [emoji23]

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 18:34
I have a Caxton FX one and an RCI one.

Never had a problem with either - in fact best idea for years! Anyone remember messing about with Travellers Cheques??

At the time when you collected them and signed each individual one you felt like a millionaire, especially if you got them in £5 denominations and when you returned from your week in Majorca you ended up searching for UK pubs, restaurants that would let you spend them.
In the 1960's I joined American Express just to get a beach towel emblazoned with their logo. :D

tfs1
23-01-2016, 19:31
and of course not forgetting the Eurocheque system which I used for a while until it was phased out. With that you had a EuroCheque book (same style as the normal domestic cheque book) and a EuroCheque card.

I recall I still have the EuroCheque book gathering dust somewhere at home.

TOTO 99
23-01-2016, 20:27
and of course not forgetting the Eurocheque system which I used for a while until it was phased out. With that you had a EuroCheque book (same style as the normal domestic cheque book) and a EuroCheque card.

I recall I still have the EuroCheque book gathering dust somewhere at home.

Is it with your ration book?...:laugh:..:old:

warbey
23-01-2016, 21:34
i have just been on here for info prior to getting ready for Going on Holiday

The last correct info appears to be Post 1235. !

Why have this Thread I wonder?

Ecky Thump
23-01-2016, 21:46

The posts regarding Debit Cards rates are correct and the rates quoted are available in Tenerife and Nth. Wales. Also it was said that the CaxtonFX exchange rate is approximately within two to three cents of what's offered in the money exchanges in Tenerife.:raspberry:

So, your post is incorrect, so that's why we are posting the information.:laugh:

tfs1
24-01-2016, 15:03

just walked by the outlet near Fados in LC and the rate is 1.295

warbey
24-01-2016, 20:47
The posts regarding Debit Cards rates are correct and the rates quoted are available in Tenerife and Nth. Wales. Also it was said that the CaxtonFX exchange rate is approximately within two to three cents of what's offered in the money exchanges in Tenerife.:raspberry:

So, your post is incorrect, so that's why we are posting the information.:laugh:

Noted......................:lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
25-01-2016, 12:21

The Pound shows some signs of recovery against the Euro.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3153

The pound strengthened further against the euro on Friday, peaking above the 1.32 mark. Although Retail Sales m/m fell more than expected, the uptick in the annual figure combined with lower-than-expected Public Sector Net Borrowing may have off-set some of any m/m Retail Sales weakness. French, German, and Eurozone Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI figures were mixed, likely offering the euro little support.
With no new announcements expected from the UK today, the main release is this morning’s German Business Climate. The index fell more than expected, from 108.7 to 107.3, and may have stemmed the pound’s morning losses against the euro. Investors should also keep an eye on any forward guidance from ECB President Draghi’s comments this evening. The rate may remain around current levels.

On Friday, UK Retail Sales fell 1.0% from November to December, while November’s figure was downwardly revised from 1.7% to 1.3%. However, Retail Sales in December were up 2.6% compared with December 2014 and rose 4.5% in 2015 compared with 2014, likely helping to off-set any weakness from the m/m figure, particularly as Public Sector Net Borrowing, the UK’s other release, beat expectations, coming in lower than expected. US Existing Home Sales unexpectedly rose to an annualised 5.46M from 4.76M. As for today’s calendar, the main release is German Ifo Business Climate and the main announcement is a speech from ECB President Draghi this evening (6:00pm) at the Deutsche Borse’s New Year’s reception. Attention will continue to be on China and stock market movement. Releases to keep an eye on later this week include initial Q4 GDP figures from the US and the UK and Wednesday’s Fed meeting.

CaxtonFX are currently (11:21) offering €1.2863 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 12:24
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3110

The euro strengthened against the pound yesterday, likely receiving support as a haven currency as renewed oil price and stock market losses sparked risk aversion. There were no major UK releases, and a dip in German Business Climate only briefly weakened the euro. The rate spent most of the day in the 1.31 range, briefly peaking as high as the 1.32 mark.
Comments from the BOE that it is not yet time to raise interest rates may continue to weigh on the pound today, particularly if BOE Governor Carney reiterates those comments in his testimony this morning. Any further stock market and oil price losses may see the euro receive further support as a haven currency. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels or weaken further.

Risk sentiment continues to drive market movement
Stock markets fell again yesterday as oil prices dropped, renewing risk aversion. Risk sentiment is likely to remain a key driver of market movement as concerns over slower economic growth in China and oil prices continue. In prepared remarks for a speech to be given today, MPC Member Forbes said that she would like to see wage growth pick up before raising interest rates, and that she does expect an acceleration in the momentum of wage growth. ECB President Draghi said yesterday that the current direction of monetary policy is the “path of risk reduction” compared to raising interest rates or doing nothing. As investors await tomorrow’s Fed meeting, they should keep an eye this morning on BOE Governor Carney’s testimony on the Financial Stability Report before the Treasury Select Committee for any forward guidance on monetary policy. The main release today is US Consumer Confidence, out this afternoon.

CaxtonFX are currently (17:40)'offering €1.2943 to the £ when you load your Euro Currency Debit Card.

golazzo
26-01-2016, 15:27
Well this is nice to know. Access Prepaid currency card voted top in its category [emoji106]

http://www.moneynet.co.uk/moneynet-awards-2016/

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 16:12
Well this is nice to know. Access Prepaid currency card voted top in its category [emoji106]

http://www.moneynet.co.uk/moneynet-awards-2016/

Overall it appears to be a good card system, anyone taking one out will have to look at the different terms, conditions and fees depending on who the supplier of the card is and I think there are about a dozen different companies who issue this card.

When you look at theses awards by companies such as Money-net, Money Supermarket etc. you have to view them with a bit of scepticism as they will never give a award to a company that doesn't help fund them, so you have to be able to read between the lines and make the judgement as to what suits your own individual requirements.....it's a mine field!! :dontknow:

golazzo
26-01-2016, 19:03
Offering €1.35 again this evening.

Just how are they doing it

https://www.multicurrencycashpassport.com/

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 19:19
Offering €1.35 again this evening.

Just how are they doing it

https://www.multicurrencycashpassport.com/

This is a list of their charges, check out the ATM withdrawal fee, plus the money exchange fee of 5.75% and the 2% top up fee !!

https://www.multicurrencycashpassport.com/how-does-cash-passport-work/fees-limits/

Unfortunately there is no such thing as free banking or catch free money exchange...the banking system wins every time.:-(

http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/travel/cash-passport.shtml

Sainsbury's is showing the true rate of multicurrencycashpassport rate as €1.2769 not €1.35 to the £, which is less than Caxton who don't charge at ATM's.

golazzo
26-01-2016, 19:20
I know about my charge. Costs me nothing when I pay a restaurant etc. And even taking cash out of machine is only a pittance

golazzo
26-01-2016, 19:21
And no money exchange fee. It's already locked in

golazzo
26-01-2016, 19:23
Not sure what the exchange fee is of 5.75% because I've never incurred it. So is anyone in the know what that relates to because I certainly don't

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 19:44
I know about my charge. Costs me nothing when I pay a restaurant etc. And even taking cash out of machine is only a pittance

I think the ATM charge is about £2 - £2:50 depending on the bank, also some of them make a extra charge, which at the lowest rate of 2% on a £100 and you make daily withdrawles it soon mounts up to a tidy sum while on holiday for two weeks or a month for the lucky ones.;)

Like you, I don't incur any further charges at restaurants, shops etc.

golazzo
26-01-2016, 20:22
I think the ATM charge is about £2 - £2:50 depending on the bank, also some of them make a extra charge, which at the lowest rate of 2% on a £100 and you make daily withdrawles it soon mounts up to a tidy sum while on holiday for two weeks or a month for the lucky ones.;)

Like you, I don't incur any further charges at restaurants, shops etc.

€1.75 for a withdrawal but given the fact you can withdraw a decent amount I'm happy with that. But I use mine most of the time to pay restaurant bills and seeing that we got rates of €1.39 and €1.35 then it's happy days all round

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 20:28
€1.75 for a withdrawal but given the fact you can withdraw a decent amount I'm happy with that. But I use mine most of the time to pay restaurant bills and seeing that we got rates of €1.39 and €1.35 then it's happy days all round

I'll do a deal with you, get me a true net exchange rate of €1.35 - €1.39 to the £ today and I will buy you a bottle of Scottish Whisky and the operator of the exchange company will get the sack!! :D

Don't tell Angusjim or marbro8 about this offer or I will get begging letters of them.:lol:

marbro8
26-01-2016, 20:34
I'll do a deal with you, get me a true net exchange rate of €1.35 - €1.39 to the £ today and I will buy you a bottle of Scottish Whisky and the operator of the exchange company will get the sack!! :D

Don't tell Angusjim or marbro8 about this offer or I will get begging letters of them.:lol:no chance. my letters are already on their way to golazzo:lol:

golazzo
26-01-2016, 20:34
€1.39 was locked in some weeks ago. €1.35 was locked in last week and same rate today of €1.35 was offered

tfs1
26-01-2016, 20:36
they are quoting 1.2858 on the website.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

€1.39 was locked in some weeks ago. €1.35 was locked in last week and same rate today of €1.35 was offered

perhaps you should tell the worlds markets and they will buy as few centillion, for a start perhaps call +44 20 7601 4444 and ask for Mark Carney. The Bank of England is closed at the moment but opens again at 0900 tomorrow.

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 20:47
they are quoting 1.2858 on the website.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -i

perhaps you should tell the worlds markets and they will buy as few centillion

Donald Trump has just invested his whole fortune into €'s at 1.35 :D

I think what is happening is their website isn't being updated, for their true rate you have to go to the card dealers ie Sainsbury's who show today's true rates....very sneaky and misleading as the reviews of this company show...albiet as TOTO 99 pointed out that it was the Australian branch of the company.

tfs1
26-01-2016, 20:52
Donald Trump has just invested his whole fortune into €'s at 1.35 :D

I think what is happening is their website isn't being updated, for their true rate you have to go to the card dealers ie Sainsbury's who show today's rates....very sneaky and misleading!!

Eric I understand what you are saying but a couple of sayings spring to mind - 'if it sounds too good to be true it normally is' and 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 21:26
Eric I understand what you are saying but a couple of sayings spring to mind - 'if it sounds too good to be true it normally is' and 'a fool and his money are soon parted''.

That brings all the married men into this category!:lol:

golazzo
26-01-2016, 22:16
Post removed.

Ecky Thump
27-01-2016, 11:37
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3155

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday, gaining nearly two cents over the course of the day and returning above the 1.32 mark. The pound benefited from profit-taking as risk sentiment improved, while the euro weakened as investors returned to riskier assets. There were no major Eurozone releases, and comments from BOE Governor Carney had limited impact on the rate.
With no major releases expected from either the UK or the Eurozone today, the rate may remain around current levels. Risk sentiment may continue to drive rates today as markets await the US Fed meeting this evening. MPC Member Shafik speaks this evening, and investors should keep an eye out for any forward guidance.

Markets await Fed meeting.

Risk sentiment improved yesterday as oil prices recovered some ground, at least in part following comments from OPEC officials that OPEC and non-OPEC countries should work together to address the supply glut. BOE Governor Carney emphasised global risks in his testimony before the Treasury Select Committee, but overall his comments were largely no more dovish than expected, offering the pound some support. Today’s data calendar includes US New Home Sales and Crude Oil Inventories. Attention turns to central banks in the evening. MPC Member Shafik will speak at the Bank of England to payments industry stakeholders. The Fed will release its rate decision and statement at 7:00pm, followed by the RBNZ’s rate decision and statement at 8:00pm. Particular attention will be placed on the Fed’s comments for the impact of recent financial market volatility on the Fed’s outlook on economic growth and inflation and the implications for the timing of any additional rate hikes.

CaxtonFX are currently (13:10) offering €1.2868 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
28-01-2016, 00:04
Post removed.

Golazzo - In the cold light of day, my posts of yesterday evening were not at all appropriate given that this is a friendly helpful forum. I am sorry for any offence they have caused.

Ecky Thump
28-01-2016, 03:20
Golazzo - In the cold light of day, my posts of yesterday evening were not at all appropriate given that this is a friendly helpful forum. I am sorry for any offence they have caused.

I think it was brought on to us by feeling exasperated by someone not grasping what we were trying to say, and that was that banks are not benevolent associations that knowingly lose money.....I wish I knew of one who did!;)

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3060

The pound weakened against the euro yesterday, dropping into the 1.30 range before recovering above the 1.31 mark later in the afternoon. There were no major economic releases for the pairing. The euro has received support as a haven currency amidst global financial market volatility, while softer data and Brexit concerns have weighed on the pound.
Today’s releases include a lower-than-expected Spanish Unemployment Rate, Preliminary German CPI, forecast to fall 0.8%, and the UK’s Preliminary Q4 GDP, forecast to accelerate to 0.5% from 0.4% in Q3. A positive release could offer the pound some support this morning, either strengthening the rate or maintaining it around current levels.

Fed holds interest rates, attention turns to Q4 UK GDP

The Fed voted to hold interest rates last night, as was largely expected. The Fed continues to keep an eye on global economic and financial developments, but still expects to raise interest rates at gradual pace. While there had been some speculation of a rate hike as soon as March, the probability of a March increase has lessened following the recent increase in global volatility, although it remains an option. The RBNZ joined the BOC in voting to hold interest rates steady but leaving the door open for further easing if needed. Today’s releases include preliminary German CPI, Preliminary Q4 UK GDP, and US Core Durable Goods Orders, Unemployment Claims, and Pending Home Sales m/m. Tomorrow’s releases include GDP figures from both the US and Canada.

CaxtonFX are currently (11.00) offering €1.2842 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
29-01-2016, 13:59

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3166

After an initial dip below the 1.31 mark, the pound strengthened against the euro, receiving support from an increase in Q4 GDP growth. The rate strengthened again in the afternoon, peaking above 1.3165. Eurozone releases were mixed: German CPI fell 0.8% m/m, as expected, while Spain’s Unemployment Rate fell to its lowest level since 2011.
In addition to this morning’s mixed Eurozone data, including disappointing German Retail Sales, Spanish Flash CPI, and Money Supply y/y figures, the other main releases for this pairing today are the flash estimates of annual inflation in the Eurozone in January. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels. An increase in Eurozone inflation would likely strengthen the euro.

Oil prices rose yesterday on hopes of production cuts following comments from Russia’s energy minister regarding a possible meeting and agreement between OPEC and non-OPEC countries. OPEC delegates denied that any agreement was in place. UK GDP growth accelerated slightly from 0.4% in Q3 to 0.5% in Q4 as expected, on the back of growth in the services sector, although the figure remains subject to future revisions. GDP growth in the UK slowed in 2015 as a whole to 2.2% from 2.9% in 2014. This morning, the Bank of Japan unexpectedly cut interest rates for excess reserves to -0.1%, leading to some initial market volatility. As January trading draws to a close, attention today turns to the initial estimate of Q4 economic growth in the US, likely the day’s main release. Growth is expected to slow from 2.0% in Q3 to 0.8% in Q4. Other releases include the Eurozone’s Flash Estimate CPI, the US’s Chicago PMI and Revised Consumer Sentiment, and Canada’s Raw Material Price Index and m/m GDP.

CaxtonFX are currently (12:55) offering €1.2786 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

##The exchange rate of CaxtoFX has now (14.25) increased to €1.2858 to the £.## :)

imablue
29-01-2016, 22:13
Usual look at Torviscas Travel today and its 1.29 euro to the Pound ....... :eek:

Ecky Thump
01-02-2016, 11:04

No major change today in the Euro Rate!

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3188

The rate experienced some volatility on Friday, dropping below 1.31 in the morning before temporarily strengthening in the afternoon. Expectations that the ECB might expand stimulus in March increased after the BOJ cut interest rates on Friday. Euro data were mixed, but highlights included an increase in the Eurozone’s annual inflation to 0.4% and core inflation to 1.0%. The euro may also have received support from month-end trading.
The main releases for this pairing today are the UK’s Manufacturing PMI, which unexpectedly jumped a point to 52.9 instead of dipping as forecast, and Net Lending to Individuals, which dipped to 4.4B from 5.3B. As a result, the rate may remain around this level or strengthen further, receiving support from the strong Manufacturing figure. Investors should also keep an eye on comments from ECB President Draghi this afternoon for any forward guidance, particularly regarding possible easing in March.

China’s manufacturing sector contracted for the sixth straight month, according to the official PMI figure out this morning. Growth in the services sector slowed as well. As a result, China, stock markets, and commodities are set to remain in focus, and investors should keep an eye on any renewed volatility in equities or oil prices this week, which may weigh on risk sentiment. On Friday, the dollar strengthened as GDP came in roughly in line with expectations. Growth in the US slowed to 0.7% from 2.0% in Q3, while GDP increased 2.4% in 2015 as it did in 2014. Today’s releases include Manufacturing PMI figures from both the UK and the US, as well as UK Net Lending to Individuals and US Personal Spending. ECB President Draghi will then speak later in the afternoon (4:00pm) on the ECB’s 2015 Annual Report. FOMC Member Fischer will speak in the evening (6:00pm) on the economy and monetary policy.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:00) offering €1.2867 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

golazzo
01-02-2016, 16:32

I've no idea what your on about so it's fine [emoji106]

Ecky Thump
02-02-2016, 12:14

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3150

The rate fell nearly a cent yesterday morning despite an above-forecast UK Manufacturing PMI figure, but recouped those losses over the course of the day, meeting resistance at the 1.32 mark. Dovish comments from Draghi had little impact on the rate in the afternoon.
In addition to this morning’s mixed Spanish and German Unemployment Change figures, today’s calendar includes the UK’s Construction PMI and the Eurozone’s Unemployment Rate. Construction PMI fell more than expected, from 57.8 to 55.0, which may slightly weaken the pound. An unchanged Eurozone Unemployment Rate may prompt little movement in the rate. As a result, it may remain around current levels.

Oil and equities remain in focus.

Yesterday’s manufacturing figures were mixed. An ongoing contraction in China’s manufacturing sector prompted renewed stock market and oil price losses. US manufacturing also disappointed, contracting for the third month. Manufacturing in the UK surprised to the upside, rising from 52.1 to 52.9 in January, the index’s highest reading since November. ECB President Draghi gave testimony on the ECB’s annual report yesterday, reiterating that the ECB will review its monetary policy at its March meeting. FOMC Member Fischer indicated that it is too early to tell what impact recent financial market volatility will have on the US economy and therefore what decisions the Fed might make at its March meeting. As for today’s calendar, releases include UK Construction PMI, the Eurozone’s Unemployment Rate, and the Global Dairy Trade Price Index. This evening, New Zealand releases its Employment Change and FOMC Member George and RBNZ Governor Wheeler will speak this evening (6:00pm and 11:45pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (11:10) offering €1.2867 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

imablue
02-02-2016, 14:05
Well thats Dropped a lot Ecky 31.50....?:redcard:

Ecky Thump
02-02-2016, 17:31
Well thats Dropped a lot Ecky 31.50....?:redcard:

Oops that little decimal point does seem to make a big difference!! :D

It was a dilberate mistake to see if any one reads the posts.:liar:

essexeddie
03-02-2016, 00:16
1-29.2 today in LC

Ecky Thump
03-02-2016, 13:02
GBP/EURO: currently trading at 1.3226

The rate experienced some volatility yesterday, meeting support at 1.3125 as UK Construction PMI data fell more than expected. The rate then strengthened over a cent, meeting resistance at 1.3225 before correcting again in the euro’s favour. A dip in the Eurozone’s Unemployment Rate seemed to have little impact on the rate.
Major releases out for this pairing today include this morning’s UK Services PMI, forecast to dip. A disappointing figure may offer the pound little support today, maintaining the rate around current levels or weakening it further if the index falls more than expected. A stronger-than-expected reading could instead offer the pound some support.

Risk sentiment remains a driving force this week as stock markets and oil prices experience further volatility. Yesterday’s UK Construction PMI reading was lower than expected, dropping from 57.8 to 55.0, but remained well clear of the 50.0 mark, above which indicates industry expansion. The pound initially weakened and then strengthened. Attention on the UK’s EU referendum continues to build, with the possibility of negotiations being concluded as soon as the European Council meeting later this month. FOMC Member George made hawkish comments last night, indicating that recent financial market volatility should not necessarily slow the path of Fed rate hikes. Today’s calendar includes UK Services PMI, US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change, Non-Manufacturing PMI, and Crude Oil Inventories. The RBNZ’s Assistant Governor McDermott will speak this evening (10:30pm GMT) on monetary policy and forward guidance. Tomorrow, the Bank of England meets and releases its quarterly Inflation Report.

CaxtonFX are currently (12:00) offering €1.2969 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

bennoa1
11-02-2016, 12:03
I need to transfer some money out but have been waiting for the rate to improve but its getting worse. Bank rate is 1.275 which is 11% lower than it was in mid November 2015.
Oh well, going to have to do it soon so may have to suffer the poor rates.

Ecky Thump
11-02-2016, 14:47
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.2736

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday despite disappointing UK data out in the morning. The rate gained a cent and a half from market opening, peaking above 1.2960 before correcting back into the 1.28 range. As risk sentiment drives markets this morning, the rate briefly fell below the 1.27 mark, edging past its January 2015 low before recovering back above 1.27.
Risk-off sentiment may continue to drive demand for the euro today, with little out to support the pound following yesterday’s disappointing UK data. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels or weaken further. It will also be worth keeping an eye out for any headlines from this afternoon's Eurogroup meetings.

UK Manufacturing and Industrial Production disappointed yesterday, contracting more than expected as production rounded off its worst quarter in nearly three years. Sterling reaction to the release was limited, and the pound only briefly weakened. Fed Chair Yellen spoke before the House yesterday, indicating that the Fed still expects to raise interest rates, while acknowledging that persistent stock market volatility could weigh on the US’s economic growth outlook. For now, a rate cut is unlikely, although rate hikes may proceed at a more gradual pace than previously expected. Today’s calendar includes the second day of Fed Chair Yellen’s testimony, as well as US Unemployment Claims and Canada’s New Housing Price Index. Eurogroup meetings this afternoon are set to cover Greece’s bailout programme and the Eurozone’s economic situation, following the most recent projections released earlier this month. Stock markets and risk sentiment are set to remain in focus today.

CaxtonFX are currently (13:45) offering €1.2434 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

TOTO 99
11-02-2016, 16:03
Anybody care to guess how much lower they think it might drop?

tfs1
11-02-2016, 17:31
Just strolled past the FADOS exchange place in Los Cristianos and they are offering a rather poor 1.252.

Ecky Thump
11-02-2016, 17:59

I think there will be a bit of nervousness in the banking institutions until the outcome of the EU vote is known, but personally I can't see much movement to affect the exchange rate for us holiday makers or pension holders in Tenerife until that happens.......Don't hold me to that. :D

TOTO 99
11-02-2016, 21:50
I think there will be a bit of nervousness in the banking institutions until the outcome of the EU vote is known, but personally I can't see much movement to affect the exchange rate for us holiday makers or pension holders in Tenerife until that happens.......Don't hold me to that. :D

Sadly I think you're correct mate. Don't get me wrong, we've seen a lot worse, but you just wonder how much lower it will go. We're really not used to it these days. Bit of a wake up call...:cry:

marbro8
11-02-2016, 21:58
Sadly I think you're correct mate. Don't get me wrong, we've seen a lot worse, but you just wonder how much lower it will go. We're really not used to it these days. Bit of a wake up call...:cry:on a brighter note i still have €1000 left from last year at the better rate:D:laugh:

Ecky Thump
11-02-2016, 22:06
on a brighter note i still have €1000 left from last year at the better rate:D:laugh:

Is that the same €1000 that you took out there for the last three years??

I remember you arriving last year with suitcases full of spam & corned beef, plus all the Greggs pies that you put in my freezer, you had no reason to leave the apartment and even your water you took from the swimming pool as someone had told you that it had been filtered !:crylaughing:

Angusjim
11-02-2016, 22:17

Hopefully down quite a bit will help our companies that export goods or services and get rich holiday makers to come to the UK waving their fat wallets

marbro8
11-02-2016, 22:54
Is that the same €1000 that you took out there for the last three years??

I remember you arriving last year with suitcases full of spam & corned beef, plus all the Greggs pies that you put in my freezer, you had no reason to leave the apartment and even your water you took from the swimming pool as someone had told you that it had been filtered !:crylaughing:as an adopted scotsman don't knock it:laugh::D

Hopefully down quite a bit will help our companies that export goods or services and get rich holiday makers to come to the UK waving their fat walletsbut we are not wanted by the canarian people. they hate our fat wallets and want their country back:wink2:

Ecky Thump
12-02-2016, 13:26
Stirling to Euro rate at its lowest for over a year.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2888

Sterling-euro fell to its lowest levels since December 2014 yesterday, meeting support around 1.2661. The previous yearly low for the pairing was 1.2698 in January 2015. The euro has received support as haven currency amidst global stock market volatility and Fed concerns, while the pound has been under pressure following softer economic data and Brexit concerns.
The pound has recovered some of yesterday’s losses this morning, despite steady German and Eurozone q/q GDP growth of 0.3%. Renewed risk aversion and positive Eurozone data could turn the rate back in the euro’s favour. Otherwise, the pound may sustain at least some of its morning gains.

Investors continued to turn to safe havens yesterday, including gold, the euro, and the yen, as stock market turmoil continued, oil prices remained under pressure, and Fed concerns occupied markets. Fed Chair Yellen testified before Congress for the second day, indicating that while the Fed still expects to proceed with normalising monetary policy, if at a more gradual pace, other options, including easing and possible negative interest rates, are not off the table should the outlook deteriorate. US Unemployment Claims fell to a seven-week low of 269K after peaking as high as 293K in January. A figure below 300K is consistent with an improving labour market. Today’s releases include initial Eurozone Q4 GDP, as well as US Retail Sales, Import Prices, and Consumer Sentiment. FOMC Member Dudley speaks this afternoon (3:00pm) at a panel discussion on the Household Debt and Credit Report. Markets will keep an eye on any implications for monetary policy.

CaxtonFX are currently (12:30) offering €1.2601 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

TOTO 99
12-02-2016, 13:55
That's better Ecky.....flying up now..:lol:

Ecky Thump
12-02-2016, 14:13
That's better Ecky.....flying up now..:lol:

Oh yes, since 12:30 today until now the CaxtonFX rate has dropped down to 1.2584. Angusjim will be very happy to welcome this news. :D

Angusjim
12-02-2016, 14:32
Oh yes, since 12:30 today until now the CaxtonFX rate has dropped down to 1.2584. Angusjim will be very happy to welcome this news. :D

Happy days !!

They will have to take all sharp objects away from the poorer holiday makers in Tenerife many miles will be trecked looking for a couple of cents extra:wave::lol:

Ecky Thump
12-02-2016, 15:04
Happy days !!

They will have to take all sharp objects away from the poorer holiday makers in Tenerife many miles will be trecked looking for a couple of cents extra:wave::lol:

Yes, a drop of a few points is great news for the bar owners between Los Cristianos and Las Americas as the families stop for their customary beers as they search for the elusive €1.26 exchange rate,,,,,not forgetting the important sign that states "No Commission Charges"!! :cheeky:

Ecky Thump
15-02-2016, 11:44

The Pound attempting a recovery??.....We hope!:goodluck:

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2947

The rate fluctuated between the low 1.28 and low 1.29 ranges on Friday. Preliminary German and Eurozone GDP figures met expectations at 0.3% and may have offered the euro some support in the morning. The pound was able to recover some of its morning losses in the afternoon but remained below the 1.29 mark after its morning drop.
The day’s main announcement is ECB President Draghi’s testimony on monetary policy this afternoon (2:00pm). Markets will look for any further forward guidance regarding the likelihood of additional easing in March. Additional dovish comments could weaken the euro today, enabling the pound to recover some ground, while less-dovish comments or renewed market volatility and demand for the euro as a safe haven could instead weaken the rate further.

Risk sentiment improved on Friday as oil prices and stock markets rallied. FOMC Member Dudley spoke on Friday, saying that a discussion of negative interest rates in the US is “extraordinarily premature” but that recent financial market volatility may weigh on the pace at which inflation rises. This morning, China’s Trade Balance indicated a higher-than-expected Trade surplus, despite a greater-than-forecast drop in both exports and imports in January. Stock markets have gained back some ground so far this morning, but any renewed losses may spark further risk aversion. Today’s calendar includes testimony from ECB President Draghi on monetary policy before the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (2:00pm), which markets will watch for any forward guidance, particularly regarding the likely extent of any possible easing in March. This evening, New Zealand releases its quarterly Retail Sales, and today is a Bank Holiday in both the US and Canada.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:45) offering €1.1.2644 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

TOTO 99
15-02-2016, 16:03
"CaxtonFX are currently (10:45) offering €1.1.2644 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card"

What sort of number is 1.1.2644 then Ecky?....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
15-02-2016, 17:07
"CaxtonFX are currently (10:45) offering €1.1.2644 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card"

What sort of number is 1.1.2644 then Ecky?....:laugh:

How sad that you feel the need to mock the afflicted.....I st-st-stutter when I use a keyboard.:D

The rate has now made a fantastic leap to €1.2665 to the £.

Ecky Thump
16-02-2016, 11:38
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2969

The rate remained relatively range-bound yesterday within the 1.29 range, meeting resistance at 1.2990. There were no major economic releases from either the UK or the Eurozone, and an improvement in risk sentiment limited demand for the euro. The euro weakened slightly as ECB President Draghi reiterated the ECB’s willingness to act to support the economy.
Today’s releases include UK CPI and Eurozone Economic Sentiment. Mixed CPI figures included an increase in yearly headline inflation but drops in the monthly figures. Forecast drops in Economic Sentiment in both Germany and the Eurozone as a whole may weaken the euro slightly this morning. As a result, the rate may remain around this level or strengthen slightly in the pound’s favour.

This morning’s UK CPI figures were mixed. January inflation fell 0.8%, more than forecast, but rose 0.3% on a yearly basis. Core inflation fell 1.0% m/m and eased to 1.2% from 1.4% on a y/y basis. Risk sentiment improved yesterday as oil prices continued to rally, reducing demand for safe havens like the euro and gold. ECB President Draghi indicated that the ECB is “ready to do its part” to support the Eurozone’s economy, adding to anticipation of further easing at the ECB’s meeting on 10 March. MPC Member McCafferty explained his decision to withdraw his call for a rate hike to the WSJ, citing reduced inflationary pressures, although he reiterated that the next move on rates would still likely be a rate increase. In addition to this morning’s UK inflation figures, today’s calendar includes Eurozone Economic Sentiment, Canadian Manufacturing Sales, US Empire State Manufacturing Index, and the Global Dairy Trade Price Index. PM Cameron continues negotiations in Brussels today, ahead of Thursday's European Council meeting.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:35) offering €1.2642 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

lynno52
16-02-2016, 11:51
Thomas Cook are offering 1.2660 today on 'reserve and collect'

Angusjim
16-02-2016, 14:20
Thomas Cook are offering 1.2660 today on 'reserve and collect'

Which means they anticipate the rate getting better good news for the poor holiday makers :laugh::laugh:

Ecky Thump
19-02-2016, 12:07
Brexit Fears Continues!

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2904

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday morning. The rate received some additional support as the ECB’s meeting minutes added to speculation that the ECB will increase stimulus in March, slightly weakening the euro. After meeting resistance at 1.2970, the rate fell within the 1.29 range as Brexit concerns came to the forefront again
As the UK’s negotiations continue today, the referendum will remain in focus and Brexit concerns could weigh on the pound again. An above-forecast rise in Retail Sales and drop in Public Sector Net Borrowing could provide the pound some support, although any gains may be limited by ongoing Brexit concerns.

This morning's UK data were largely positive. After dropping in December, Retail Sales jumped 2.3% in January, a two-year high and significantly more than the 0.8% gain forecast, while Public Sector Net Borrowing fell, although not quite as much as forecast. Brexit concerns will likely continue to weigh on the pound today's as the EU Referendum negotiations continue. As for yesterday, the euro weakened as the ECB’s meeting minutes indicated that the ECB considered preemptive action in January given an increase in global risks, which added to speculation that the ECB will announce additional easing measures at its meeting in March. Fed Member Bullard took a more dovish tone in comments yesterday, saying that it would be “unwise” to continue raising interest rates given the risks to the inflation outlook. Other releases to keep an eye on today include US inflation and Canadian inflation and Retail Sales. FOMC Member Mester speaks this afternoon (1:00pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (11:05) offering €1.2585 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card on line.

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 11:21

EU Referendum weighs on the Pound.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2848

Sterling strengthened against the euro in the morning on Friday, receiving slight additional support from an increase in Retail Sales and drop in Public Sector Net Borrowing. The rate then fell below the 1.29 mark, where it stayed for the rest of the day, meeting support around 1.28 and resistance later in the afternoon at 1.29. Brexit concerns continued to weigh on the pound.
Today’s main releases are this morning’s Eurozone Manufacturing and Services PMI figures, which largely disappointed. There are no major UK releases expected today, and the UK's EU referendum will likely continue to weigh on the pound, maintaining the rate around current levels.

The UK will hold a referendum to decide whether it remains in the EU on 23 June, following a unanimous deal agreed by PM Cameron and EU leaders late on Friday. PM Cameron will campaign for a Remain vote, while London Mayor Boris Johnson will be among those supporting a Leave vote. The referendum will remain a risk to Sterling strength over the coming months as markets react to campaigning and polls. The pound weakened as Asian markets opened this morning following Mayor Johnson’s announcement, reversing its post-deal gains at the end of the American session on Friday. Today’s main releases are this morning’s French, German, and Eurozone Flash Services and Manufacturing PMI figures. A quieter calendar for the rest of the day will leave attention on the UK’s referendum, as well as stock markets and oil prices following last week’s tentative oil production freeze agreement.

CaxtonFX are currently (16:50) offering €1.2560 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 16:15
For some obscure reason, I haven't received a report today, but here are todays live exchange rates....

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1:2792

CaxtonFX is currently (15:30) offering €1.2509 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
24-02-2016, 11:32
Brexit Fears Put Pressure On The Pound

.GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2701

Sterling fell further against the euro yesterday, dropping nearly a cent and a half to a low around 1.2720. Comments from the BOE’s Inflation Report hearings contributed to morning Sterling weakness, while Brexit concerns remained an ongoing pressure. An increase in risk aversion may have offered the euro further support against the pound.
There are no major economic releases expected for this pairing today. As a result, the rate may remain under pressure as a potential Brexit remains in focus. Any further risk aversion could give the euro additional support against the pound. The rate may remain around this level or weaken further. An improvement in risk sentiment could offer the rate some relief.

The GB Pound at its lowest for seven years against the US Dollar.

The pound has fallen to a new seven-year low against the dollar, breaking below the psychological 1.40 barrier for the first time since March 2009. Brexit concerns continued to weigh on the pound yesterday and will remain a risk to Sterling strength over the coming months. At the Inflation Report hearings yesterday, BOE Governor Carney reiterated that the BOE still expects to raise interest rates over the next three years, but that there is “considerable room” for the BOE to ease if necessary. Measures could include cutting interest rates, although negative rates are not being considered at the moment, quantitative easing, and adjusting the horizon for returning inflation to the 2% target rate. In addition to ongoing pressure from Brexit fears today, markets will also keep an eye on oil, equities, and risk sentiment. The data calendar includes US New Home Sales and Crude Oil Inventories. BOC Governing Council Member Schembri and MPC Member Cunliffe will both speak this evening (5:50pm, 6:10pm)

CaxtonFX are currently (10:30) offering €1.2390 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

TOTO 99
24-02-2016, 11:56
As a 55 year old businessman I know I should know the answer but I don't....But to be honest, I don't follow politics so I'm not up to speed.

If the vote was today, which result would improve the rate?......???

Ecky Thump
24-02-2016, 12:09
As a 55 year old businessman I know I should know the answer but I don't....But to be honest, I don't follow politics so I'm not up to speed.

If the vote was today, which result would improve the rate?......???

I'm not sure either and I'm not sure that there is a quick answer, I was speaking to David Nish a couple of evenings ago and he said the financial market fears the worst if GB were to leave the EU, the company (Standard Life) that he was recently with as Cheif Executive put their support with remaining in the EU as have many other large financial institutions. So going from that I would guess that staying in is the best option. :dontknow:

imablue
24-02-2016, 14:52
T.Travel today 1.255...it been dropping everyday i have gone past the place.

Ecky Thump
24-02-2016, 15:16

Considering today's bank rate, at €1.255 to the £ is very fair.:)

TOTO 99
24-02-2016, 15:47

Stop going past......:lol:

marbro8
24-02-2016, 16:34
The pound has dropped to $1.40 the lowest it has been against the dollar since 2009. Looks like we will be worse off in the pocket for our hols if we vote out. But I think paying a bit more for 4 weeks of the year for your hols is a small price to pay to getting a lifetime of sovereignty;)

Ecky Thump
24-02-2016, 16:43
The pound has dropped to $1.40 the lowest it has been against the dollar since 2009. Looks like we will be worse off in the pocket for our hols if we vote out. But I think paying a bit more for 4 weeks of the year for your hols is a small price to pay to getting a lifetime of sovereignty ;)

The trouble will be that every thing that we import from Europe will cost a lot more.....Bang goes my new BMW and a holiday in Tenerife, it looks like that I will be looking for a BMC Austin Princess for my next holiday in Morcambe. :lol:

essexeddie
24-02-2016, 19:59
The trouble will be that every thing that we import from Europe will cost a lot more.....Bang goes my new BMW and a holiday in Tenerife, it looks like that I will be looking for a BMC Austin Princess for my next holiday in Morcambe. :lol:

Stop whinging Eric. Its all worth it.

warbey
24-02-2016, 20:31
here is some information on Exchange happenings in south Tenerife..

I have mostly used Mika which is along the road from the Columbus. This is handiest for Me.

This Year I noted that some Shops and Travel Agents were qouting 127 whilst Mika was one or two lower generally.

I found a Shop which was almost as convenient and was always above Mika, so I mostly used this.

One occasion I went to Admiral in Cristianos and got 127 which was good on that day.

A lot may be unofficial but I decided to join in and save..

Looks as this may become normal practice.

Ecky Thump
25-02-2016, 12:23
Brexit still causing Major Alarms in the World Currency Markets.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2651

Sterling-euro fell just over two cents yesterday, breaking below its previous lowest level since December 2014, 1.2661, which was last hit earlier this year. The rate fell as low as 1.2618. Ongoing Brexit concerns continued to weigh on the pound.
The main releases for this pairing today are this morning's unchanged second estimate of UK GDP and disappointing Preliminary Business Investment, as well as Final Eurozone y/y CPI. Unchanged GDP and CPI figures could spark little movement in the rate, leaving attention on ongoing Brexit concerns. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels or weaken further, unless Eurozone CPI is unexpectedly revised down.

Sterling fell to new lows against both the dollar and the euro yesterday as the uncertainty around a possible Brexit in June continued to weigh on the pound. The IMF warned that this uncertainty in the run-up to the referendum could pose a risk to the UK's economic growth. MPC Member Cunliffe said last night that the BOE must be prepared to act if necessary. BOE Governor Carney outlined options for easing earlier this week, including cutting interest rates or quantitative easing. The second estimate of Q4 UK GDP, out this morning, was unchanged at 0.5% on a q/q basis and 1.9% on a y/y basis, while Business Investment unexpectedly fell 2.1% in Q4, according to preliminary figures. Today’s other releases include Final Eurozone CPI, US Durable Goods Orders and Unemployment Claims, and New Zealand’s Trade Balance, out this evening. Fed Member Lockhart speaks this afternoon.

CaxtonFX are currently (13:45) offering €1.2376 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
26-02-2016, 13:13
Brexit uncertainty continues.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2738

The rate fluctuated within the 1.26 range yesterday. Unchanged UK GDP figures and a dip in Business Investment had limited impact on the rate, while the euro only briefly weakened after Eurozone CPI was revised down from 0.4% to 0.3%. The rate clawed back about half a cent heading into the afternoon, reversing those gains around the release of above-forecast US Durable Goods Orders.
With no new data out today, attention will largely be on the day’s G20 meetings. Any forward guidance from either the BOE or ECB could prompt volatility in the rate. Otherwise, it may remain around current levels as Brexit uncertainty continues to keep the pound under pressure.

The main economic release today is the second estimate of Q4 US GDP. Economic growth is expected to be revised down from 0.7% to 0.4% and could contribute to some dollar weakness, although any losses may be limited unless the revised figure is lower than forecast. Attention will also largely be on the day’s G20 meetings, at which finance ministers and central bank governors discuss monetary policy, including stimulus measures, and global economic growth, as well as risks to the global outlook, which may include discussion of the ramifications of a potential Brexit. Markets may react to any major headlines or forward guidance. Today’s other releases include preliminary German and Spanish CPI figures, and US Personal Spending and Revised Consumer Sentiment. FOMC Members Powell and Brainard speak later today (3:15pm, 6:30pm) at the US Monetary Policy Forum.

CaxtonFX are currently (12:50) offering €1.2396 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Angusjim
26-02-2016, 13:55
Brexit uncertainty continues.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2738

The rate fluctuated within the 1.26 range yesterday. Unchanged UK GDP figures and a dip in Business Investment had limited impact on the rate, while the euro only briefly weakened after Eurozone CPI was revised down from 0.4% to 0.3%. The rate clawed back about half a cent heading into the afternoon, reversing those gains around the release of above-forecast US Durable Goods Orders.
With no new data out today, attention will largely be on the day’s G20 meetings. Any forward guidance from either the BOE or ECB could prompt volatility in the rate. Otherwise, it may remain around current levels as Brexit uncertainty continues to keep the pound under pressure.

The main economic release today is the second estimate of Q4 US GDP. Economic growth is expected to be revised down from 0.7% to 0.4% and could contribute to some dollar weakness, although any losses may be limited unless the revised figure is lower than forecast. Attention will also largely be on the day’s G20 meetings, at which finance ministers and central bank governors discuss monetary policy, including stimulus measures, and global economic growth, as well as risks to the global outlook, which may include discussion of the ramifications of a potential Brexit. Markets may react to any major headlines or forward guidance. Today’s other releases include preliminary German and Spanish CPI figures, and US Personal Spending and Revised Consumer Sentiment. FOMC Members Powell and Brainard speak later today (3:15pm, 6:30pm) at the US Monetary Policy Forum.

CaxtonFX are currently (12:50) offering €1.2396 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky yea will hae tae cancel yer holiday if this slide continues:lol:

Ecky Thump
26-02-2016, 14:00
Ecky yea will hae tae cancel yer holiday if this slide continues:lol:

Due to your absence, then I'm relying heavily on LindaD & & marbro8 to susidise me when I'm there, but failing that Carol could with her experience and special skills find a evening job for the duration of the holiday. :idea:

tfs1
26-02-2016, 17:28
On a general walkabout today the best here is 1.24, shop around as there a few offering a poor 1.22.

Ecky Thump
26-02-2016, 18:59
On a general walkabout today the best here is 1.24, shop around as there a few offering a poor 1.22.

Given the official bank rate, that's quite a fair exchange rate and it just about mirrors CaxtonFX present rate of €1.2410 to the £.

essexeddie
27-02-2016, 18:13
1.24 today in Admiral

Ecky Thump
27-02-2016, 20:19
1.24 today in Admiral

You didn't just want to tell us today's Euro rate in Tenerife, you were just rubbing our noses into the fact that you were in the lovely warm sunshine of Tenerife with a cold beer and that if we were lucky, we will be sitting in front of a fire holding a mug of hot Bovril. :D

TOTO 99
27-02-2016, 20:31
You didn't just want to tell us today's Euro rate in Tenerife, you were just rubbing our noses into the fact that you were in the lovely warm sunshine of Tenerife with a cold beer and that if we were lucky, we will be sitting in front of a fire holding a mug of hot Bovril. :D

BOVRIL?..........You're clearly spending too much time with Marb....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
27-02-2016, 20:34
BOVRIL?..........You're clearly spending too much time with Marb....:laugh:

No, if I was with marbro8 it would be a mug of M&B Mild and five Woodbine sitting on a old wooden bench! :respect:

Ecky Thump
29-02-2016, 11:16
Boris Johnson causes financial market uncertainty.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2703

After initially strengthening and meeting resistance around 1.2750, the rate fluctuated between the 1.26 and 1.27 ranges for the rest of the day. Spanish and German initial CPI figures were underwhelming, and there were no major releases from the UK.
Today’s releases include UK Net Lending to Individuals, which rose slightly more than forecast to 5.3B, and Flash Eurozone y/y CPI. Positive UK and low Eurozone inflation figures could offer the rate some support today, although any gains may be off-set by ongoing Brexit concerns. Above-forecast inflation figures could instead offer the euro some support. Markets will look for signs as to the ECB’s likely movement at its meeting next week.

US GDP unexpectedly revised upwards.

US Q4 GDP growth was unexpectedly revised upwards to 1.0% from 0.7% on Friday. Markets had been expecting a downwards revision to 0.4%. The dollar strengthened against both the pound and the euro following the release. The G20 meetings did not provoke significant movement in our main currency pairings on Friday. G20 members reiterated previous pledges to avoid competitive currency devaluations. The pound tumbled last week as Brexit concerns increased, despite the announcement of a deal with EU leaders and of a referendum date. The support of London Mayor Boris Johnsons for a Leave vote added to the uncertainty, and a potential Brexit will remain a risk to Sterling strength over coming months. Today’s releases include UK Net Lending to Individuals, Flash Eurozone CPI, Canada’s Current Account and Raw Materials Price Index, and US Chicago PMI and Pending Home Sales. The main release of the week will likely be Friday’s US jobs report, which includes wage and employment figures.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:15) offering €1.2433 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
01-03-2016, 12:11
Pound makes small gains against the Euro

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2829

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday, gaining nearly a cent and a half before correcting slightly in the afternoon. UK Net Lending to Individuals rose slightly more than forecast, while Eurozone inflation figures indicated that inflation remains low, weighing on the euro. The pound may also have benefited from some end-of-month profit taking.
Releases out for this pairing today include the UK’s Manufacturing PMI, forecast to dip, and the Eurozone’s Unemployment Rate, expected to remain unchanged at 10.4%. If UK data disappoint, the pound will likely resume its losses, while an above-forecast figure could enable it to take back further ground against the euro.

Data and central bank comments in both the US and the Eurozone are being closely watched ahead of key March meetings. The ECB has widely been expected to announce an increase in stimulus given ongoing low inflation in the Eurozone, while the US Fed is balancing an increase in global risks with an improving labour market and some signs of a potential pick-up in inflation when deciding when next to raise interest rates. Yesterday’s Eurozone CPI figures indicated that inflation remains low. FOMC Member Dudley expressed concerns over the increased downside risks to the inflation outlook in comments made overnight. The ECB announces its next rate decision on 10 March and the Fed on 16 March. Today’s main releases are Manufacturing PMI from both the UK and the US, Eurozone Unemployment Rate, the Global Dairy Trade Price Index, and Canada’s m/m GDP.

CaxtonFX are currently (11:05) offering €1.2585 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card. A

tfs1
01-03-2016, 17:36
an improving 1.26 near FADOS in Los Cristianos an hour or so ago.

essexeddie
01-03-2016, 19:50
an improving 1.26 near FADOS in Los Cristianos an hour or so ago.

Thats better. I always get two cents more with my Metro Debit card at an ATM.

essexeddie
02-03-2016, 11:47
Now 1.28 at Java in LA apparently op Santander Bank

Ecky Thump
02-03-2016, 17:07

Today the money market must be looking favourably at the GBP as CaxtonFX has increased today's exchange rate to €1.2702 to the £.

Long may it continue to rise, then Angusjim will no longer be forced to drink half pints of beer in Tenerife! :D

Ecky Thump
03-03-2016, 11:47

Stirling Still Showing Stregth

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2921

After an initial dip in the morning as UK Construction PMI fell more than expected, the rate strengthened over a cent and a half, meeting support at 1.3000. The rate last broke above the 1.30 mark on 4 February. Spanish Unemployment Change, out in the morning, was slightly higher than expected.
Today’s main release is the UK’s Services PMI, which fell more than expected, slightly weakening the pound. The drop in the index may weigh on the pound, although as with the other PMI figures this week, any losses may be only temporary. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels.

The UK's final PMI figure, Services, fell more than expected this morning, dropping from 55.6 to 52.7 in February, the index's lowest reading since March 2013. Sterling has regained some ground over the past two days despite under-forecast Manufacturing and Construction PMI figures, and today's PMI release may again have less of an impact than one might typically expect. Non-voting Fed member Williams spoke yesterday, indicating his support for further Fed rate increases and that the March interest rate projections might be slightly different from December’s figures. The Fed’s Beige Book indicated moderate economic growth and mixed wage growth. The ECB is considering whether to expand stimulus further and the effect of any additional measures on banks. The ECB will announce the results of its meeting next Thursday, 10 March. Today’s releases include the UK’s Services PMI, and US Unemployment Claims, Non-Manufacturing PMI, and Factory Orders. MPC Member Haldane speaks later today (5:45pm).

CaxronFX are currently (10;40) offering €1.2646 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Maybe later today we will here from TOTO 99 or some other lucky holiday maker what is on offer in Los Cristianos

Angusjim
03-03-2016, 12:47

Stirling Still Showing Stregth

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2921

After an initial dip in the morning as UK Construction PMI fell more than expected, the rate strengthened over a cent and a half, meeting support at 1.3000. The rate last broke above the 1.30 mark on 4 February. Spanish Unemployment Change, out in the morning, was slightly higher than expected.
Today’s main release is the UK’s Services PMI, which fell more than expected, slightly weakening the pound. The drop in the index may weigh on the pound, although as with the other PMI figures this week, any losses may be only temporary. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels.

The UK's final PMI figure, Services, fell more than expected this morning, dropping from 55.6 to 52.7 in February, the index's lowest reading since March 2013. Sterling has regained some ground over the past two days despite under-forecast Manufacturing and Construction PMI figures, and today's PMI release may again have less of an impact than one might typically expect. Non-voting Fed member Williams spoke yesterday, indicating his support for further Fed rate increases and that the March interest rate projections might be slightly different from December’s figures. The Fed’s Beige Book indicated moderate economic growth and mixed wage growth. The ECB is considering whether to expand stimulus further and the effect of any additional measures on banks. The ECB will announce the results of its meeting next Thursday, 10 March. Today’s releases include the UK’s Services PMI, and US Unemployment Claims, Non-Manufacturing PMI, and Factory Orders. MPC Member Haldane speaks later today (5:45pm).

CaxronFX are currently (10;40) offering €1.2646 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Maybe later today we will here from TOTO 99 or some other lucky holiday maker what is on offer in Los Cristianos

He is getting 1 pint lager to 1.5 euros hope that helps:lol:

TOTO 99
03-03-2016, 13:24
Just strolling back from the beach so I've taken a minor detour past Admiral.

1.27 showing on the board outside....

Ecky Thump
04-03-2016, 12:07

No Major Changes Forcast For Today....So go to the pub and relax with TOTO 99 :trink:

GBP//EURO: Currently trading at 1.2894.

The rate held within the 1.29 range yesterday, briefly weakening around the release of disappointing UK Services PMI, before falling again heading into the afternoon and then reversing its earlier losses. There were no major releases from the Eurozone.
There are no major releases expected from either the Eurozone or the UK today. The rate may remain around this level today or correct slightly further in the euro's favour.

The dollar weakened following disappointing US data yesterday, pushing Sterling-dollar above the 1.41 mark, where it held for the first time in nearly two weeks. US Unemployment Claims rose more than expected, Factory Orders rose less than expected, and Non-Manufacturing PMI dipped. A recent rally in commodity prices, including oil, has supported commodity currencies and risk on sentiment. Attention today turns to the US’s jobs report, including wage growth, Non-Farm Employment Change, and the Unemployment Rate. Unemployment fell to 4.9% in January. The releases will be closely watched for any implications for monetary policy going forward. A tightening labour market has been one of the factors supporting the argument for raising interest rates. Other releases include Canada’s Trade Balance, Labor Productivity, and Ivey PMI.

CaxtonFX are currently (17:20) offering €1.2642 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

essexeddie
04-03-2016, 17:58
The pound is now up again at 1-27.2 today in LC

Ecky Thump
07-03-2016, 11:08
The USA influences today's money market.

LUCKY time to nip along to UGDS and offload all those dollars hidden under your bed!:cheeky:

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2927

The rate fluctuated between the 1.28 and 1.29 ranges on Friday, weakening in the morning. As the US released mixed employment change and wage growth figures, the rate dropped and strengthened in reaction, returning above the 1.29 mark. There were no major economic releases from either the UK or the Eurozone. The pound benefited last week from a lessening of Brexit concerns.
There are no major economic releases expected for this pairing today either. Markets will keep an eye on the day’s Eurogroup meetings for signs of progress on Greece’s bailout programme. The rate may remain around this level today with little out on the calendar to spark movement.

According to data out on Friday, the US added 242K jobs in February, more than the 195K expected. The addition maintained the Unemployment Rate at 4.9%. The dollar initially strengthened in reaction to the NonFarm Payrolls figure, only to then weaken in reaction to the 0.1% dip in wage growth, which followed January’s above-forecast 0.5% gain. The Fed meets next on the 15-16 March and must weigh a tightening labour market with still-low inflation and increased global risks when deciding whether to raise interest rates again. Before January’s financial market volatility, the Fed had indicated expectations of four rate hikes this year, and disappointing wage growth on Friday adds to speculation that the Fed might hold off on raising rates. The calendar week gets off to a quieter start today, with Eurogroup meetings during the day and speeches from FOMC Members Brainard and Fischer this evening (5:00pm, 5:30pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (12:00) offering €1.2638 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

LUCKY
07-03-2016, 13:57
Thank you Ecky Thump i will pass this this on to American friend at Mid GDS. As i am quite busy at the moment in the Rose covered cottage. :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Ecky Thump
08-03-2016, 11:35
.Bank of England & EU Finance ministers will today talk about the UK's EU membership.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2914

With no major releases from either the UK or the Eurozone, the rate remained relatively range-bound in the low 1.29 range yesterday morning, rising slightly within that range later in the day.
As markets keep an eye on any headlines from the day’s meeting of EU finance ministers, there could be some volatility in the rate this morning around BOE Governor Carney and MPC Member Cunliffe’s testimony on the UK’s EU membership. Otherwise, the rate may remain around current levels. Any renewal in risk aversion following this morning’s Chinese trade figures could offer the euro some support as a haven currency.

Attention today will largely be on the BOE’s testimony before the Treasury Select Committee on the UK’s EU membership this morning. The testimony could prompt some volatility in rates, particularly if there are any comments seen as supporting either a Leave or Remain vote. Markets will also continue to keep an eye on commodities following a further rally by iron ore and oil yesterday. Brent Crude rose above $40 a barrel to its highest levels since December. According to figures out this morning, China’s imports and exports fell more than forecast in February, although this dip was likely at least partially due to the New Year holiday, for which markets were off for a week. Releases to keep an eye on today include Final Q4 Eurozone GDP and Canadian Building Permits. MPC Member Weale speaks this evening (5:00pm), and markets will keep an eye out for any forward guidance

CaxtonFX are currently (10:30) offering €1.2626 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

lynno52
08-03-2016, 11:38
Thomas Cook - 1.2633 today - reserve and collect

Carol55
09-03-2016, 15:46
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2964

The rate fell yesterday as comments from BOE Governor Carney weighed on the pound. The rate dropped over a cent heading into the afternoon, before correcting slightly in the pound’s favour after meeting support around 1.2830. There were no major Eurozone releases.
Today’s main releases are this morning's UK Industrial and Manufacturing Production figures. The pound strengthened this morning in reaction to the above-forecast Manufacturing Production release, which could continue to offer the pound some support today, enabling the rate to remain around current levels. Markets will also look ahead to tomorrow’s ECB meeting; anticipation of easing could weigh on the euro.

This morning’s UK figures, the main UK releases of the week, were mixed. Manufacturing Production m/m rose 0.7% in January, more than forecast and a return to growth following the previous month’s decline, but dipped compared to January 2015. Industrial Production overall returned to growth, up 0.3% from the previous month, slightly under forecast. Yesterday, comments from Bank of England Governor Carney regarding the potential implications of a Brexit weighed on the pound. Risks include sterling weakness and a loss of some businesses, while remaining in the EU poses its own concerns, including the Eurozone’s planned greater integration. MPC Member Weale indicated in comments yesterday his willingness to consider easing if needed. Today’s calendar also includes US Crude Oil Inventories and meetings of both the Bank of Canada and the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. Central banks will remain in focus tomorrow with the ECB’s highly anticipated meeting.

CaxtonFX today are offering €1.2662 to the £ when loading their Euro debit card.

bennoa1
10-03-2016, 14:10
Just done a transfer from the UK at 1.292. Rate has jumped up the last hour so if you need to get some cash do so quickly before it dips again. Shocking as the last transfer I did was 1.405 late November.

Dropped 3 cents since midday!!!!!!!

Ecky Thump
13-03-2016, 15:30

A quick weekend update.

CaxtonFX are currently (14:25) offering €1.2608 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
14-03-2016, 12:59
A quiet day on the money market is expected with very little change in the exchange rate.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2911

The pound strengthened against the euro on Friday, regaining some of its losses from the previous day following the ECB meeting. There were no major Eurozone releases, and the UK’s Trade deficit widened. The rate strengthened over a cent over the course of the day.
The main release for this pairing today is the Eurozone’s m/m Industrial Production, which rose 2.1% in January, more than forecast. The release typically has limited impact on the rate, but could offer the euro some support. With little out on the calendar today, the rate may remain around this level.

The data calendar gets off to a relatively quiet start today, with only Eurozone Industrial Production scheduled. OPEC releases its monthly oil market report, which could prompt some movement in oil prices and thus commodity currencies depending on what is said regarding the outlook for production and prices. Last week, Brent Crude traded above $40 a barrel at its highest levels since December. The data calendar picks up later in the week with Fed and BOE meetings, US and Eurozone inflation figures, and UK wage and unemployment data, as well as the UK’s Annual Budget. The Fed and the BOE are both expected to hold interest rates this week. The euro experienced volatility last Thursday after the ECB announced greater-than-expected stimulus measures before indicating that interest rates may not be cut any further.

CaxtoFX are currently (11:55) offering €1.2633 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
14-03-2016, 15:11
1.262 near FADOS this morning

Ecky Thump
15-03-2016, 12:41
Money markets waiting for tomorrows UK Budget announcements??

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2785

After some initial further gains in the rate, the pound weakened against the euro. There were no major releases from the UK, and Eurozone Industrial Production rose more than forecast but likely had little impact on the rate. The rate fell below 1.29 in the afternoon before reversing course in the pound’s favour.
There are no major releases for this pairing today. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels and will remain relatively in the euro’s favour. Tomorrow, the calendar picks up for this pairing with UK wage and employment data and the UK’s Annual Budget.

While keeping an eye on today’s calendar and commodity movements, markets will look ahead to tomorrow’s US Fed interest rate decision and forward guidance. Oil prices fell yesterday as concerns remain over the global supply glut. OPEC’s monthly report indicated an increase in Iran’s production following the end of sanctions. Iran is not expected to consider a production freeze until it returns production to pre-sanction levels. Continued commodity losses could weigh on commodity currencies and stock markets today. After a quiet day yesterday, the data calendar picks up today. Releases include US Retail Sales, Producer Price Index, and Empire State Manufacturing Index figures, as well as the Global Dairy Trade Price Index and New Zealand’s Current Account. US data will be closely watched ahead of tomorrow’s Fed announcements.

CaxtonFX are currently (11:35) offering €1.2479 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
16-03-2016, 10:43

Markets Waiting for Today's UK Bubget Announcements.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2734

After falling in the euro’s favour as markets opened yesterday, the rate held within the 1.27 range for the rest of the day. There were no major economic releases from either the UK or the Eurozone. Sterling fell ahead of this week’s data, Budget Release, and Bank of England meeting, which could add to the recent pressures on the pound.
Today’s releases include UK employment and wage growth figures. An uptick in wage growth or an unexpected dip in the Unemployment Rate could offer the pound some support against the euro this morning, while disappointing figures could weaken the rate further. Markets will also keep an eye on the UK’s Annual Budget.

The economic calendar picked up with US data yesterday. Retail Sales declined in February, while January’s figures were revised down. PPI m/m dipped 0.1% while Core PPI m/m held steady at 0.0% compared to forecasts of a 0.1% gain. Today’s calendar includes the UK’s Unemployment Rate, Claimant Count Change, and Average Earnings Index. A forecast uptick in wage growth could offer the pound some support, although any gains may be limited or off-set by ongoing pressures on Sterling, including the upcoming referendum. This afternoon’s releases include the UK’s Annual Budget Release, Canadian Manufacturing Sales and Foreign Security Purchases, and US Building Permits, inflation, Housing Starts, and Industrial Production. This evening, the Fed announces its latest interest rate decision. The Fed is largely expected to hold interest rates, and its announcements will be closely watched for any forward guidance regarding the path of future rate hikes.

CaxtonFX are currently (09:40) offering €1.2439 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

essexeddie
16-03-2016, 14:08
The pound is now up again at 1-27.2 today in LC

Checked my bank today as I withdrew money from my Metro account using an ATM in LC on this day and received 1-30 to the pound.

Ecky Thump
24-03-2016, 11:23

With strong concerns over the UK's EU exit, the Pound is at its lowest point since December 2014.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1 2593

The pound fell further against the euro within the 1.26 range yesterday afternoon, testing 1.2610, the lowest level since December 2014, last hit in February. There were no major releases from either the UK or the Eurozone. The pound remained under pressure yesterday following an increase in Brexit concerns after Tuesday’s attacks in Brussels. The rate fell below the 1.26 mark as markets opened.
Today’s releases include the UK’s Retail Sales, forecast to dip following an unexpected jump in January. A lower figure could maintain the pressure on Sterling, keeping the rate around this lower level. If UK data surprise to the upside, the pound could instead recover some of its recent losses.

The pound remains under pressure against both the dollar and the euro as Brexit concerns continue to weigh. GBP/EUR broke below the 1.26 mark this morning to a new low since December 2014. The dollar strengthened yesterday as US Fed Member Bullard indicated yesterday that there may be a case for raising interest rates as early as April, given the possibility of overshooting inflation and unemployment targets. This added to recent hawkish comments from Fed Members Williams, Lockhart, and Evans. The economic calendar picks up with UK Retail Sales, US Durable Goods Orders, and US Unemployment Claims. Markets will also keep an eye on the ECB’s Targeted Long Term Refinancing Option, announced quarterly. Announcements include a speech from FOMC Member Bullard, which markets will watch for any additional hawkish comments. Several markets will be away tomorrow and Monday for the Easter holiday, but markets will keep an eye on the US’s final Q4 GDP figure, out Friday, expected to confirm growth of 1.0%.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:15) offering €1.2330 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

TOPGUN77
24-03-2016, 11:52
Need to do a reverse transaction euro - pound any know who has got the best rates cheers

Ecky Thump
24-03-2016, 11:57
Need to do a reverse transaction euro - pound any know who has got the best rates cheers

It would depend largely on the amount and regularity you are considering exchanging, there are plenty of British tourists that would be a happy to meet you with a few hundred pounds in their fat wallet.:)

TOPGUN77
24-03-2016, 12:10
It would depend largely on the amount and regularity you are considering exchanging, there are plenty of British tourists that would be a happy to meet you with a few hundred pounds in their fat wallet.:)

Quite a large amount over €372000 lol

Ecky Thump
24-03-2016, 12:17
Quite a large amount over €372000 lol

I could manage €37.2000 if that would help! :D

In Cash!!!

universal
24-03-2016, 12:28
*With strong concerns over the UK's EU exit, the Pound is at its lowest point since December 2014.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1 2593 *

From Currencies Direct

Ecky Thump
24-03-2016, 12:35
*With strong concerns over the UK's EU exit, the Pound is at its lowest point since December 2014.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1 2593 *

From Currencies Direct

That's what I've just posted #1357.....:D

CaxtonFX are now offering €1.2375 to the £ which I suspect is close to the rate being offered at the money exchanges in the South of Tenerife.

TOPGUN77
24-03-2016, 12:42
Just got a live rate from currencies 4 you 1.251311

Ecky Thump
24-03-2016, 12:58
Just got a live rate from currencies 4 you 1.251311

Do they offer a debit card service, as that's what I rely on while I'm in Tenerife, I don't want to have to carry largish amounts of cash from the UK or have to open a Spanish Bank account for a months stay.???

I find that Caxton at the moment suits my needs, it costs nothing to make cash withdrawals at Spanish local ATM's and I can top it up between holidays when the wife leaves my UK bank in credit.:crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
29-03-2016, 15:15
The GBP showing small change in recovery.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2748

After falling to a new low since December 2014 on Thursday morning, the rate reversed course. The rate fell as low as 1.2582, before self-correcting approximately a cent in the pound’s favour over the course of the day. The pound may have received some support in the morning as Retail Sales fell less than expected in February.
The main release for this pairing today is the Eurozone’s M3 Money Supply y/y, which met expectations at 5.0%. There are no major economic releases expected from the UK today, although markets will keep an eye on any implications from the FPC Statement for monetary policy. As a result, the rate may remain around this level, barring any renewal of Brexit uncertainty.

UK markets return today after two days off for the Easter holiday. On Friday, US Q4 GDP was revised up to 1.4% from 1.0% but had limited impact on rates, at least in part due to the absence of several markets. The dollar weakened yesterday following disappointing Core PCE Price Index and Personal Spending figures. Today’s calendar includes the UK’s Financial Policy Committee Statement, which markets will watch for any implications for monetary policy and any further comments on the risks posed by the EU referendum, as well as US Consumer Confidence and a speech from Fed Chair Yellen on the economy (5:20pm). Fed Chair Yellen’s speech will be closely watched for signals as to whether she shares the hawkish sentiment indicated by recent Fed comments.

CaxtonFX are currently (15:10) offering €1.2461 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
30-03-2016, 13:06
GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2722

The main release for this pairing yesterday was the Eurozone’s M3 Money Supply y/y, which met expectations at 5.0%. With no other major economic releases and little news regarding the political landscape the rate remained range bound between 1.271 and 1.276.
Today’s focus will be on German CPI which is forecast to improve in line with stabilizing oil prices. This data (the first look at German inflation in March) will unlikely be a market mover but indicates a good position for the coming months and will provide context for wider EUR releases tomorrow. The ECB have already indicated policy based around the forecasted figures so unless data drastically surprises expect this rate to remain level.

Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen poured cold water on the hawkish sentiment extolled by other FOMC members in recent weeks by emphasising the need to proceed “cautiously” on tightening monetary policy. The comments came in her address in New York yesterday afternoon and saw the dollar lose value across the board whilst equity markets and commodity linked currencies rallied. Today’s calendar includes the dress rehearsal for the all-important non-farms employment data. A weaker figure here would put further pressure on the greenback.

CaxtonFX are currently (13:55) offering €1.2439 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1
01-04-2016, 14:38
a rather poor 1.242 at the exchange place near FADOS in Los Cristianos this morning. Given the late morning drop this may have gone even lower.

Ecky Thump
01-04-2016, 15:03

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2473

The pound may have briefly received some support against the euro from an upwardly revised Q4 GDP growth before the rate continued its downward trend, once again dipping below the 1.26 mark in the afternoon session. A wider UK Current Account deficit likely added to recent pressures on the pound, while the euro may have received some support from a slightly above-forecast Flash Core Eurozone CPI Estimate.
UK Manufacturing PMI out this morning rose less than forecast, weighing slightly on the pound. The rate may self-correct slightly later in the day following any losses on the back of this morning’s underwhelming UK data. Otherwise, the rate may remain around this lower level.

CaxtonFX are currently (15:00) offering 1.2191 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

tfs1 the pound has lost approximately 1.5 cents since the markets opened this morning...lets hope there is some recovery.:-)

Ecky Thump
04-04-2016, 11:10

.The British Pound still under pressure.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2511

The pound continued to fall against the euro on Friday as a lower-than-forecast Manufacturing index added to recent pressures on Sterling. The rate fell approximately a cent and a half over the course of the day, meeting support around 1.2465, a new low since December 2014.
Today’s calendar consists of the UK’s Construction PMI and Eurozone’s Unemployment Rate, both unchanged from previously. An under-forecast Construction PMI reading will likely offer the pound little support. As a result, the rate may remain around this level or weaken further in the euro's favour given ongoing pressures on the pound.

CaxtonFX are Currently (11:05) offering €1.2239 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
06-04-2016, 10:41

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2443

After holding steady in the 1.25 range in the morning, the rate fell in the afternoon session, hitting a low of 1.2418. Lower-than-forecast UK Services PMI had limited impact on the rate in the morning, but did not give the pound support to continue Monday’s gains. Eurozone Final Services PMI figures were largely revised downwards but had little effect on the rate.
There are no major releases expected from either the UK or the Eurozone today. With little out and as markets await the Fed minutes, the rate may remain around these lower levels or weaken further. Tomorrow the ECB releases its March meeting minutes, which markets will watch for any additional guidance.

A relatively quiet data calendar is expected today ahead of the release of the Fed’s March meeting minutes this evening (7:00pm). Markets will look to the minutes for any clarification on the Fed’s current thinking regarding raising interest rates following mixed messages in recent speeches. Cuts to the median projected number of rate hikes this year from four to two led to a dovish interpretation of the March meeting; subsequent Fed comments were more hawkish until Fed Chair Yellen took a more cautious tone in her comments last week. If the meeting minutes are less dovish than markets expect, the dollar could strengthen this evening. Other items on the calendar include Canada’s Ivey PMI, and Fed Members Mester and Bullard speak this evening (5:20pm, 11:30pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (10:35) offering €1.2148 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
11-04-2016, 11:12
GBP/Euro: Currently trading at 1.2420

Weak manufacturing and industrial production numbers from the U.K Friday morning created downward pressure on sterling, falling from comfortably above 1.2410 to below the 1.2380 mark. A mixed bag of European data was also seen just before the U.K numbers. Positive German trade balance was followed by weaker than forecast French industrial output.
Data is very thin today, Italian industrial output numbers is the sole release out of the Eurozone and nothing out of the U.K of note. Market participants will be looking forward to tomorrow’s round of U.K inflation data, and in particular on Thursday when Eurozone CPI data and the U.K’s monetary policy meeting minutes will be released.

Oil and other commodities have rebounded near the end of last week, which has driven a risk-on attitude toward currency markets. Commodity-based currencies like the Canadian dollar, Russian rouble, and Norwegian krona have all appreciated significantly in the last couple of days, which typically signifies that safe-haven currencies such as the euro, Japanese yen, and US dollar will weaken. Friday’s manufacturing data has kept the pound under pressure through the weekend, and will continue to do so, as there is very little data out today. Chinese data overnight showed that CPI y/y was weaker than expected, but the PPI y/y data was stronger than expected, which seemed to balance out the data overall. Today’s announcements will include US treasury secretary Jack Lew speaking about the global economy at 1:30 P.M. and FOMC member William Dudley speaking at a conference in New York at 2:25 P.M. It is a lighter day for data today, but later on this week, we will have CPI figures for the UK and US on Tuesday and Thursday respectively, and the Bank of England meeting on Thursday.

CaxtoFX are currently (11:05) offering €1.2191 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
12-04-2016, 11:25
Week starts with a stronger Pound.:pray:

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2480

A weaker year-on-year Italian industrial output number kicked the week off Monday morning, in addition to safe haven currency selling we experienced a rapid wave of sterling strength pushing GBP/EUR from around 1.23800 up to 1.2475 in the space of a couple of hours. Outside of that, the day was light on data releases as market participants no doubt look forward to today’s round of numbers.
Strong German CPI data (0.8%) early this morning provided a welcome respite for the euro, as this is the best number seen for 12 months. At 09:30 the U.K is releasing a round of inflationary data; namely PPI, HPI, and (core) CPI. The most influential of which will be Core CPI and Housing Price Index numbers. Positive numbers highlight underlying economic strength and could see more sterling gains across the board.

The first day of the week has seen the pound appreciate 1% against the dollar and the euro as the pound was deemed undervalued at the end of last week, and represented a unique buying opportunity yesterday. German final CPI m/m this morning was in line with expectations at 0.8%, which represents the highest German CPI m/m figure for over a year. At 9:30 A.M. we will have CPI y/y, RPI y/y and HPI y/y out of the UK. CPI y/y is forecast to come in at 0.3%, which is the figure which came in last month as well. This afternoon will bring a flurry of U.S. data, including US import prices m/m at 1:30 P.M. and the Federal Budget Balance at 7:00 P.M. The value of the pound today will likely be very dependent on the CPI y/y data which comes out this morning.

CaxtonFX are currently (11:25) offering €1.2268 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
13-04-2016, 15:33
Pound Continues to gain stregth!! :)

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2599

German CPI numbers were released as forecasted yesterday, and subsequent to this, a round of U.K inflationary data produced a wave of sterling strength pushing GBP/EUR from 1.2370 up to around the 1.2490 level. Trading throughout the day stayed within a close range of 1.2530.
Moving on to today, the most influential data piece includes Eurozone industrial production (forecasted lower than previous readings) at 10:00 A.M. Later this evening at 23:00 the U.K Housing price survey will be released, which presents housing costs within the U.K and could trigger some volatility during the evening trading hours. More attention will be focused on tomorrow’s round of Eurozone CPI data and the U.K’s monetary policy meeting.

CaxtoFX are currently (15:23) offering €1.2315 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

The UK registered a 0.5% y/y inflation figure yesterday, and a 1.5% y/y core inflation figure (excluding food and energy prices), which is the highest figure that we have seen since January 2015. The pound strengthened significantly on the back of this news yesterday, especially against the euro, to the highest GBP/EUR exchange rate in April. Oil and commodity prices have continued to rise this week, which has weakened safe-haven currencies including the Japanese yen, euro, and US dollar. Today’s data will include Eurozone industrial production m/m figures out at 10:00 A.M., US Retail sales m/m and PPI m/m figures out at 1:30 P.M., the Bank of Canada meeting at 3:00 P.M., and U.S. crude oil inventories out at 3:30 P.M. The Canadian dollar has been performing very strongly across the board on the back of strengthening oil prices and is currently at the strongest level since mid-April 2015 against the pound. We could potentially see additional US dollar strength this afternoon, as PPI m/m and retail sales m/m figures are both expected to be higher than last month.

tfs1
13-04-2016, 16:53
Pound Continues to gain stregth!! :)

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2599

German CPI numbers were released as forecasted yesterday, and subsequent to this, a round of U.K inflationary data produced a wave of sterling strength pushing GBP/EUR from 1.2370 up to around the 1.2490 level. Trading throughout the day stayed within a close range of 1.2530.
Moving on to today, the most influential data piece includes Eurozone industrial production (forecasted lower than previous readings) at 10:00 A.M. Later this evening at 23:00 the U.K Housing price survey will be released, which presents housing costs within the U.K and could trigger some volatility during the evening trading hours. More attention will be focused on tomorrow’s round of Eurozone CPI data and the U.K’s monetary policy meeting.

CaxtoFX are currently (15:23) offering €1.2315 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

The UK registered a 0.5% y/y inflation figure yesterday, and a 1.5% y/y core inflation figure (excluding food and energy prices), which is the highest figure that we have seen since January 2015. The pound strengthened significantly on the back of this news yesterday, especially against the euro, to the highest GBP/EUR exchange rate in April. Oil and commodity prices have continued to rise this week, which has weakened safe-haven currencies including the Japanese yen, euro, and US dollar. Today’s data will include Eurozone industrial production m/m figures out at 10:00 A.M., US Retail sales m/m and PPI m/m figures out at 1:30 P.M., the Bank of Canada meeting at 3:00 P.M., and U.S. crude oil inventories out at 3:30 P.M. The Canadian dollar has been performing very strongly across the board on the back of strengthening oil prices and is currently at the strongest level since mid-April 2015 against the pound. We could potentially see additional US dollar strength this afternoon, as PPI m/m and retail sales m/m figures are both expected to be higher than last month.

looks to be heading the right way for a change, currently 1.26

Ecky Thump
13-04-2016, 18:13
looks to be heading the right way for a change, currently 1.26

I loaded my Caxton debit card in early January when they were giving approximately €1.35 to the £, I wish that I had put more on at that rate, but it's always a unknown quantity or we would all be Euro rich....I'll suggest to the wife that she might want to load her Euro card before we arrive in Tenerife in two weeks time, but I think I know what response to expect from her!! :D

tfs1
13-04-2016, 18:16
I loaded my Caxton debit card in early January when they were giving approximately €1.35 to the £, I wish that I had put more on at that rate, but it's always a unknown quantity or we would all be Euro rich....I'll suggest to the wife that she might want to load her Euro card before we arrive in Tenerife in two weeks time, but I think I know what response to expect from her!! :D

caxton current offering is 1.2325, getting a little better, who knows what it will be in 2 weeks.

Ecky Thump
13-04-2016, 18:22
caxton current offering is 1.2325, getting a little better, who knows what it will be in 2 weeks.

Carol is poised over the keyboard now and is I think she going to load her card...to be honest on maybe another £500 - £600 a couple of cents to the £ won't make a big difference to our holiday, it's the feel good factor, plus we have the very wealthy LindaD next door!! .:)

LindaD
14-04-2016, 01:09
Carol is poised over the keyboard now and is I think she going to load her card...to be honest on maybe another £500 - £600 a couple of cents to the £ won't make a big difference to our holiday, it's the feel good factor, plus we have the very wealthy LindaD next door!! .:)

I wish that were true Ecky Thump then I would buy my own tent in Tenerife :wink2:
We loaded our card from Thomas Cook when it was about 1.36 - I also wish we had bought more at the time :cry:
Never mind we have 3 weeks to see if there's going to be an improvement.

Ecky Thump
14-04-2016, 10:43

No major change expected today.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2584

The pound strengthened further against the euro yesterday, receiving additional support from Tuesday’s above-forecast UK inflation figure and as Eurozone Industrial Production fell more than expected. The rate strengthened nearly a cent over the course of the day, briefly dropping in the late afternoon. The rate broke above the 1.26 mark for the first time since the turn of the month.
Final Eurozone CPI y/y was revised up from -0.1% to 0.0%, which may offer the euro some support ahead of the BOE meeting results at noon, while any change in the BOE’s tone could prompt volatility in the pound. As a result, the rate may remain around this level or weaken in the euro’s favour unless the BOE is less dovish than expected.

After gains earlier this week on the back of an above-forecast inflation release, the pound has been under some pressure as markets await the Bank of England meeting. The BOE is expected to hold interest rates at 0.50% at its meeting today as an accommodative policy remains appropriate. Markets will look for the BOE’s reflection on a recent uptick in CPI inflation as well as any discussion of the risks posed by a potential Brexit, with any change in language likely directing the pound’s movement. The meeting poses a downside risk to the pound’s strength today unless the MPC takes a less-dovish tone than markets expect. Attention today will then shift to this afternoon’s US inflation data, which could have implications for the Fed’s outlook on interest rates. Other items on the calendar include final Eurozone CPI y/y, Canada’s New Housing Price Index, and comments from FOMC Member Powell (3:00pm) and MPC Member Shafik (9:00pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (09:35) offering €1.23 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

I wish that were true Ecky Thump then I would buy my own tent in Tenerife :wink2:
We loaded our card from Thomas Cook when it was about 1.36 - I also wish we had bought more at the time :cry:
Never mind we have three weeks to see if there's going to be an improvement.

Oh no you don't, you only have 18 Days, so get packing!!:laugh:

Ecky Thump
15-04-2016, 10:58
EU Referendum continues to put pressure on the Pound.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2592

The rate held within the 1.25 range yesterday. The euro briefly strengthened as Final CPI y/y was upwardly revised from -0.1% to 0.0%. The pound briefly weakened around the time of the BOE meeting as the MPC maintained a relatively dovish tone, but losses were limited. The euro briefly strengthened again around the release of underwhelming US inflation data.
There are no major releases expected from either the UK or the Eurozone today. As a result, the rate may remain around current levels or weaken in the euro’s favour. The official start of the UK’s EU referendum campaign today could keep market attention on Brexit, maintaining relative pressure on the pound.

The pound largely maintained its ground yesterday, weakening slightly following the Bank of England meeting. The BOE held interest rates at 0.50% as expected and cautioned that inflation remains well below its target rate of 2% despite a recent pick up to 0.5%. The BOE also discussed the risks posed by the upcoming referendum and attributed much of recent losses by Sterling to Brexit concerns. US inflation was under forecast at 0.1% m/m and 0.9% y/y, while core inflation fell to 0.1% m/m and 2.2% y/y. Eurozone CPI y/y was revised up from -0.1% to 0.0%. This morning, China’s GDP growth met expectations at 6.7% while Industrial Production rose more than forecast. Other releases today include Industrial Production, Empire State Manufacturing Index, and Preliminary Consumer Sentiment from the US, as well as Canada’s Manufacturing Sales. The UK’s EU referendum campaign officially begins today.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:55) offering €1.2309 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
18-04-2016, 11:37
Oil prices affects the worlds monetry markets.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2551

After an initial gain in the rate on Friday morning, it reversed course over the rest of the day after meeting resistance around 1.2595, holding within the 1.25 range. There were no major economic releases from either the UK or the Eurozone.
There are no major releases expected from either the UK or the Eurozone today. As a result, the rate may remain around this level, while markets keep an eye on risk sentiment and commodities. Later in the week, markets will look for employment data from the UK and the ECB’s meeting on Thursday, likely to be a non-event following March’s stimulus announcements.

Oil prices and commodity currencies weakened heading into this morning’s session after yesterday’s oil summit in Doha failed to result in an agreement to freeze production levels. Saudi Arabia reiterated its demand that other producers, including Iran, commit to the freeze. Iran intends to return production to pre-sanction levels before considering freezing production. While anticipation of a deal had led to gains in oil prices, the ongoing supply glut remains a risk to oil price strength even if a deal is agreed. Given a lighter economic calendar today, market movement may be guided largely by oil prices and Fed comments. FOMC Members Dudley (1:30pm), Kashkari, and Rosengren are among the day’s speakers and will provide the final Fed comments ahead of next week’s meeting. Markets will look for any updated guidance following last week’s under-forecast US inflation and industrial production releases. The main release today is Canada’s Foreign Securities Purchases.

CaxtonFX are currently (15:55) offering €1.2317 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
19-04-2016, 15:26
Pound makes some progress over the Euro:jumping:

GBP/ EURO: Currently trading at 1.2675

Sterling strengthened against the euro yesterday, gaining approximately a cent and breaking back above the 1.26 mark. While there were no major economic releases out to spark the movement, the pound likely benefited from profit-taking as the week’s trading began.
The main releases for this pairing today are Economic Sentiment figures from Germany and the Eurozone as a whole, which both rose more than forecast and may offer the euro support this morning. In the afternoon, markets will keep an eye on comments from BOE Governor Carney for any forward guidance. The rate may remain around current levels or weaken in the euro’s favour.

As the economic calendar got off to a light start, markets focused largely on oil, which recovered ground lost following the disappointing meeting in Doha. Gains are also partly attributable to an ongoing strike in Kuwait, which has roughly halved the nation’s daily output. Investors took advantage of dips in exchange rates to buy commodity currencies, helping to reverse earlier losses. Elsewhere, in final comments before next week's Fed meeting, Fed Member Dudley emphasised that a “cautious and gradual” approach is likely necessary, while a more hawkish Rosengren said that investor expectations for rate hikes are too low. Today’s calendar includes German and Eurozone Economic Sentiment, US housing data, the Global Dairy Trade Price Index, and comments from RBA Governor Stevens, BOE Governor Carney, and BOC Governor Poloz.

CaxtonFX are currently (15:20) offering €1.2388 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
20-04-2016, 11:33

Good News for UK Pension Holders in Tenerife!! :)

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2662

The pound strengthened against the euro yesterday, breaking above the 1.26 mark to trade at its highest levels this month, meeting resistance around 1.2685. There were no major releases from the UK and above-forecast Economic Sentiment figures from the Eurozone and Germany offered the euro minimal support in the morning.
Markets will keep a close eye on UK data this morning for any surprises. If wage growth and unemployment figures come in as forecast there may be little reaction in the rate, while disappointing figures could reverse some of yesterday’s gains and above-forecast figures could strengthen the rate again.

The pound traded at April highs against both the euro and the dollar yesterday. Sterling-dollar broke above 1.44 for the first time since the end of March as disappointing US housing data added to greater dollar weakness and the pound received additional support from a Brexit poll showing a lead by the Remain vote. Today’s releases include employment data from the UK this morning. While Average Earnings and the Unemployment Rate are both forecast to remain unchanged, at 2.1% and 5.1% respectively, any surprises could prompt movement in the pound. Disappointing figures in particular could pose a risk to the pound’s recent gains, while above-forecast wage growth could offer it some additional support. Other items to keep an eye on include Canada’s Wholesale Sales and US Existing Home Sales, as well as comments from ECB President Draghi (11:00am) and MPC Member McCafferty (2:00pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (11:30) offering 1.2376 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
22-04-2016, 11:18
No major exchange rate change seen or expected.

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2728

After an initial drop within the 1.26 range following the release of disappointing UK Retail Sales, the rate strengthened above 1.27 heading into the ECB’s press conference, dropping as ECB President Draghi assured markets rates would remain low and did not talk down the euro as markets had perhaps expected. The rate then traded between the upper 1.26 and low 1.27 ranges for the rest of the day.
French, German, and Eurozone Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI figures out this morning had limited impact on the rate, which returned above 1.27 after an initial dip. Markets will also keep an eye on any headlines from the day’s Eurogroup and Ecofin meetings. The rate may remain around this level barring any surprises.

As was largely expected, the ECB yesterday voted to keep monetary policy unchanged. The main refinancing rate remains at 0.00% and the deposit rate at -0.4%. The euro strengthened against both the pound and the dollar, likely at least partially as a result of some speculation that ECB President Draghi might talk down the euro during the press conference. Following the conference, attention turned to the drop in US weekly Unemployment Claims to 247K, a multi-decade low, which offered the dollar support as a strong labour market supports the case for raising interest rates. Earlier in the morning, the pound had weakened temporarily as UK Retail Sales fell more than expected. Today’s calendar includes this morning’s Eurozone Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI figures, Canadian CPI and Retail Sales out this afternoon, and Eurogroup and Ecofin meetings.

CaxtonFX are currently (11:15) offering €1.2439 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

bennoa1
26-04-2016, 11:10
Rate creeping up slowly which is good news for us travellers. I'm out Thursday so will be taking cash and hope the rate keeps creeping up.

Ecky Thump
26-04-2016, 11:58
Good news for Holidaymakers as the Pound remains in the 1.2750 -- 1.2930 range.:jumping:

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2910

The pound held within the 1.28 range yesterday, testing but not hitting the next resistance level of 1.2900. The pound largely was able to maintain last week’s momentum, strengthening again after an initial dip as markets opened in the morning. German Business Climate unexpectedly dipped from 106.7 to 106.6.
There are no major releases expected from either the Eurozone or the UK today. As a result, the rate may remain around this level or strengthen further in the pound’s favour, again breaking above the 1.29 mark, with little out to check the pound’s momentum barring any unexpected headlines.

The pound largely maintained its ground yesterday and has continued to strengthen this morning. GBP/EUR has broken above 1.29 to hit a new one-month high, while GBP/USD has traded above the 1.45 mark this morning at its highest levels since mid-February. The pound has maintained its momentum from last week on the back of a reduction in Brexit concerns and support for the Remain campaign, including from recent comments from President Obama. The economic calendar got off to a relatively quiet start yesterday as both German Business Climate and US New Home Sales were softer than expected. Today’s releases include US Durable Goods Orders and Consumer Confidence. Bank of Canada Governor Poloz speaks twice today (1:55pm and 2:50pm), and MPC Member Cunliffe speaks this evening (6:00pm).

CaxtonFX are currently (11:55) offering €1.2618 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
27-04-2016, 10:31

.My Last Euro Report For One Month....I'm off to Tenerife to Spend My Euro's !!:D

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2860

The pound strengthened slightly further against the euro yesterday, breaking above the 1.29 mark and fluctuating between the low 1.29 and upper 1.28 ranges for the rest of the day. There were no major economic releases from either the UK or the Eurozone.
Today’s releases include M3 Money Supply from the Eurozone, which held at 5.0% as forecast, and the UK’s Preliminary Q1 GDP. Slower GDP growth may pose a risk to the pound’s strength against the euro and could reverse some of the pound’s recent strength. An above-forecast release could instead strengthen the pound further against the euro.

As the pound strengthened further yesterday, GBP/EUR broke above 1.29 and GBP/USD above 1.46 to reach new recent highs. Today, markets will look to Preliminary Q1 UK GDP (9:30am), which is forecast to slow to 0.4% from 0.6% in Q4 2015 and could weigh on the pound, posing a risk to its recent strength. The other highlight today is this evening’s Fed meeting (7:00pm). While the Fed is not expected to change monetary policy, the accompanying statement will be closely watched for any changes in language, particularly the implications for a possible June rate hike. Recent underwhelming data, including yesterday’s disappointing Durable Goods Orders, have increased speculation that the Fed could take a more dovish tone, while strong signals that June remains on the table for a rate hike could lead to a more hawkish interpretation of the statement. Other items on the calendar include US Pending Home Sales and the Reserve Bank of New Zealand’s interest rate decision.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:25) offering €1.2606 to the £ when you load your Euro Debit Card.

macdonald5
27-04-2016, 12:18
Enjoy ( daft statement ) a lovely month in the sun Ecky Thump and Mrs :hungry::bestwishes::cheers2::swimming:

Ecky Thump
03-05-2016, 13:59
Sitting with a cool Dorada sin alcohol at Pimms Bar,I noticed the exchange rate at the money exchange next door to Faldo's is €1.2442 to the £, but more importantly it's 25c and sunny!

LUCKY
03-05-2016, 17:45
Sitting with a cool Dorada sin alcohol at Pimms Bar,I noticed the exchange rate at the money exchange next door to Faldo's is €1.2442 to the £, but more importantly it's 25c and sunny!

Enjoy you are surely our raving oopps sorry roving reporter,:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

macdonald5
03-05-2016, 18:07
Just arrived in sunny Tenny today, shop done ,delivery in morning ,glass of rosado on balcony before unpacking
€1.25 at the few exchanges I noticed

lynno52
03-05-2016, 18:37
Just arrived in sunny Tenny today, shop done ,delivery in morning ,glass of rosado on balcony before unpacking
€1.25 at the few exchanges I noticed

Enjoy Mr and Mrs Mac. Have a glass for me..........:cheers2:

macdonald5
03-05-2016, 19:21
Enjoy Mr and Mrs Mac. Have a glass for me..........:cheers2:

:cheers2:
Muchas gracias Amiga , will raise a wee glass or three Cheers

essexeddie
03-05-2016, 21:35
€1.25 is not too bad I'm over there on Sunday for a while so can handle that.

Ecky Thump
04-05-2016, 21:03
Ive been too busy to look for exchange rates today, it's time consuming keeping LindaD @ Carol55 away from the bars and the Cava bottles that they have hidden in the apartments! :D

TenerifeFanatic
04-05-2016, 21:11
Ive been too busy to look for exchange rates today, it's time consuming keeping LindaD @ Carol55 away from the bars and the Cava bottles that they have hidden in the apartments! :DEnjoy your holiday guys, wish we were there but June is fast approaching!!

LindaD
05-05-2016, 19:27
Ive been too busy to look for exchange rates today, it's time consuming keeping LindaD @ Carol55 away from the bars and the Cava bottles that they have hidden in the apartments! :D

Mind I can still see what you write about me Ecky :whistle:

Enjoy your holiday guys, wish we were there but June is fast approaching!!

It'll no be long TF, but sadly I'll be back then :cry:

tub
19-05-2016, 19:05
high could someone let me know the exchange rate in tenerife today i am in benidorm and all the exchange shops are giving 1.275 today just wanted to compare the rates

imablue
19-05-2016, 19:36
Earlier today i saw 1.24 ,that was very early by the way ....since then i have heard its now 1,27 ...WOW....changing 500 pounds now gets you 45 euros more than it did last month and as the poster stated on the site i was on 45 pints of beer more at 1 euro a pint... happy days ..

tub
19-05-2016, 19:38
I like your maths imablue thats the way to look at it

essexeddie
20-05-2016, 15:24
1-27.5 today in LC. And I was lead to believe that it would be falling nearing EU elections?

martincrabb99
20-05-2016, 17:26
1-27.5 today in LC. And I was lead to believe that it would be falling nearing EU elections?

A number of factors can apply but in this case it would appear the currency market has reacted to the news that the ' remain ' side are ahead in the opinion polls...but of course this could change as the referendum draws even closer.

macdonald5
20-05-2016, 18:18
Yes €1.275 in San Eugenio too

melm
20-05-2016, 18:21
Yes €1.275 in San Eugenio too

Same rate here in the UK !

macdonald5
20-05-2016, 18:25
Same rate here in the UK !
That's wee bit unusual melm, normally bit more here

melm
20-05-2016, 18:29

It is unusual thats why I mentioned it. Usually a bit more in Tenerife :agree: Hope you are having a good time :cheers2:

tub
20-05-2016, 18:38
changed some money today at 14-00 and it had gone up to 1-29 other people were getting some saying this was the best for some time

imablue
20-05-2016, 19:33
Dropped a mate off at Torviscas Travel at about 16.00 and they were showing 1.275 so you have done well @ 1.29 Tub... whereabouts was that at ?

macdonald5
21-05-2016, 16:44
Got €1.295 using Halifax Clarity card

tub
21-05-2016, 20:09
we are in benidorm and today its still the same rate talking in the bar the general opinion is it will rise after the referendum our next holiday is blackpool so no need of euros there better off with scots notes

universal
25-05-2016, 13:04
Sterling up to 4-month high against the euro

Sterling has today reached a 4-month high versus the euro as events in Greece, coupled with pre-EU referendum campaigning, continues to cause market volatility.....................

From Currencies Direct.

martincrabb99
25-05-2016, 13:35
Sterling up to 4-month high against the euro

Sterling has today reached a 4-month high versus the euro as events in Greece, coupled with pre-EU referendum campaigning, continues to cause market volatility.....................

From Currencies Direct.

1.2856 until the end of trading tomorrow at Sainsbury if anyone is going out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsmt971
25-05-2016, 13:49
You could get 1.30 online this morning, it's dropped a touch to 1.97 now. Obviously you have to purchase enough to get that rate

golazzo
04-06-2016, 07:39
we are in benidorm and today its still the same rate talking in the bar the general opinion is it will rise after the referendum our next holiday is blackpool so no need of euros there better off with scots notes

Our next holiday is Blackpool. Last weekend in June. Then it's off to bonking Benidorm kid July for a week followed by mid October stay for two weeks in Tenerife [emoji106]

golazzo
04-06-2016, 07:40

Rates here in Burnley has good if not slightly better. I think the exchange booths over in Tenerife are keeping a cent or two

Ecky Thump
04-06-2016, 08:34
You could get 1.30 online this morning, it's dropped a touch to 1.97 now. Obviously you have to purchase enough to get that rate

At €1.97 to the £ I will sell my house immediately, invest it in Euros and become a overnight millionaire!! :D

imablue
07-06-2016, 12:51
1.25 This morning in Torviscas Travel..

lsmt971
07-06-2016, 15:53
:)..........

golazzo
08-06-2016, 17:15
1.26 in Burnley

imablue
08-06-2016, 21:24
1.26 in Sunny Tenerife:tiphat:

Ecky Thump
10-06-2016, 10:29
The Pound remains volatile due to the Brexit uncertainty.

GBP/EURO Currently trading at 1.2750

After a initial dip below 1.27 as markets opened, the pound rose against the euro for most of the rest of the day. The rate strengthened approximately 0.9% or over a cent to peak above 1.2805, before correcting back into the upper 1.27 range. The pound remains volatile ahead of the Referendum. The UK’s Goods Trade Balance may have offered the pound some additional support in the morning, while the euro may have weakened as investors turned away from euro-denominated assets.
There are no major economic releases expected for this pairing today. The rate may remain around familiar levels and the pound remains likely to experience further volatiltiy as the Referendum approaches.

The dollar and other safe havens strengthened yesterday in part due to an increase in risk-off sentiment and after data showed that weekly Unemployment Claims fell to 264K last week. Oil prices and stock markets eased. The Unemployment Claims release offset some of the concerns over the strength of the labour market following last week’s disappointing May jobs report, which showed the US added only 38K jobs, a nearly six-year low. The Fed meets next week on the 14th-15th and will release its latest economic projections then. As the dollar strengthened, oil prices eased off their latest highs and stock markets fell. The euro came under some pressure yesterday at least in part as investors turned away from euro-denominated assets after the ECB began purchasing corporate bonds on Wednesday, driving down yields. The main releases today are this afternoon’s Canadian Employment Change and Unemployment Rate and the US’s Preliminary Consumer Sentiment.

CaxtonFX are currently (10:30) offering €1.2497 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

golazzo
10-06-2016, 10:29
€1.255 today here

Ecky Thump
10-06-2016, 10:32
€1.255 today here

Where's here? :D

golazzo
10-06-2016, 10:49
Where's here? :D

Burnley

Ecky Thump
17-06-2016, 10:12
EU Referendum continues to drive market volatility.
GBP/EUR: Currently trading at 1.2695

Sterling strengthened against the euro yesterday after falling as London markets opened. The rate then picked up from a spike below 1.2500 to a high above 1.265, a gain of approximately 1.2%. Above-forecast UK Retail Sales added to Sterling strength in the morning. The euro took back some ground in the afternoon on a flight to safety as equities tumbled, temporarily pushing the rate back below 1.2600.
There are no major releases expected for this pairing today. Markets will keep an eye on a speech from ECB President Draghi this afternoon (4:00pm) for any forward guidance. The pound remains vulnerable to Referendum headlines, but may otherwise remain around this level or strengthen further following the suspension of Referendum campaigning.

The pound and euro have strengthened after Referendum campaigning was suspended following the murder of British MP Jo Cox yesterday afternoon. GBP/EUR briefly broke above 1.2700 and GBP/USD above 1.4300 this morning. Yesterday, safe havens, including the yen, Swiss franc, euro, US dollar, gold, and government bonds, strengthened as stock markets tumbled. Equities came under pressure after four major central banks, including the Fed and BOJ, held monetary policy unchanged within a 24-hour period, as questions arose as to the strength of the US economy and the timeline for raising interest rates in the US, as the UK’s Referendum continued to serve as a source of market uncertainty, and as oil prices fell. Brent Crude fell below $48 a barrel and WTI fell below $47 a barrel. The pound strengthened slightly yesterday morning on the back of above-forecast Retail Sales, up 0.9% in May, while new polls showing a lead for the “Leave” campaign continued to put pressure on Sterling. The Bank of England voted to hold interest rates at 0.50% as was expected and reiterated warnings of the potential implications of a “Brexit”, including a potentially sharp depreciation of Sterling. US data were mixed, and dollar strength was primarily directed by market uncertainty.

CaxtonFX are currently (12:30) offering €1.2403 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
21-06-2016, 10:56

Latest Referendum polls add stregth to the GBP

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.2996

The pound rallied over 1% against the euro yesterday, peaking above 1.2990 by the end of the day on increased expectations that the UK might vote to remain in the EU. Overnight, the rate tested, but did not break, the 1.3000 psychological barrier. The rate rose to its highest levels since 1 June yesterday.
The UK’s Net Borrowing deficit widened to 9.1B, less than forecast, which may offer the pound some limited support, while Economic Sentiment is forecast to have worsened in the Eurozone and Germany, which may weaken the euro. Markets will watch for any forward guidance from ECB President Draghi’s testimony this afternoon and any Referendum headlines, either of which could prompt further volatility today.

Sterling rallied yesterday and stock markets rose after polls over the weekend showed the Remain campaign taking the lead. Sterling had its biggest one-day gain against the dollar yesterday since 2008, rising over 2%. The FTSE closed up 3%, while the Dow Jones and Nasdaq Composite both closed up over 1%. Last night’s Referendum polls were more mixed. “Remain” had a seven-point lead in an ORB phone poll (53% to 46%) and a six-point lead in a National Centre for Social Research/Financial Times poll, but was two points behind “Leave” in a YouGov/Times poll (42% to 44%). The pound briefly strengthened and weakened in reaction to the polls. Poll results remain quite close and will likely continue to be a source of volatility in the pound over the next two days

CaxtonFX are currently (11:05) offering €1.2724 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

Leam_Lin
21-06-2016, 11:49
1.27 this morning at the exchange shop downstairs by the mercadona in San Eugenio.

imablue
21-06-2016, 12:47
1.27 also opposite La Nina Hotel Torviscas Travel Exchange which is the same company as Leam Lin has mentioned.

Ecky Thump
22-06-2016, 15:54

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3090

The pound rose further against the euro yesterday, breaking above 1.3000 as it received further support from expectations that the UK might remain in the EU. The rate briefly fell on the afternoon’s close Survation poll. Economic Sentiment unexpectedly rose to its highest level in Germany since August, improving in the Eurozone overall as well, but the releases seemed to have little impact on the rate.
There are no major economic releases expected from either the UK or the Eurozone today. As a result, markets’ focus will remain primarily on tomorrow’s Referendum. New polls could prompt volatility in the rate, which may otherwise remain relatively around this higher level given the recent pricing in of increased expectations that the UK might vote to stay.

With one day to go until the UK’s EU Referendum, markets continue to keep an eye on new polls and Referendum headlines. Yesterday, the pound rose to its highest levels against the dollar, around 1.4780, since prior to the announcement of the Referendum. The pound later eased off its highs as a new poll from Survation showed a narrower lead for “Remain” at 45% versus 44% for “Leave”, a narrower margin than in its weekend poll, which found “Remain” had a three-point lead. ECB President Draghi said in testimony on monetary policy yesterday that the ECB has prepared for a potential “Brexit”. Fed Chair Yellen testified on monetary policy before the Senate Banking Committee, reiterating that Fed expects to raise interest rates gradually without committing to a timeline and repeating concerns over global factors, including the UK’s EU Referendum. A vote to leave the EU “could have significant economic repercussions”, particularly in financial markets. Fed Chair Yellen testifies again today before the House Financial Services Committee.

CaxtonFX are currently (15:50) offering €1.2720 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

Ecky Thump
23-06-2016, 11:54
Sterling stable on the morning of the referendum vote

GBP/EURO: Currently trading at 1.3063

This pairing has had a range of nearly 1% in the last 24 hours as market participants attempt to determine the result of today’s EU referendum through initial polling. This pairing will be highly affected by the EU referendum more than other pairings, as the result of the UK referendum will have significant implications for the future of the EU. A UK exit will mean that a dangerous precedent is set, and that it is possible for EU countries to leave the EU, which will create uncertainty over the future value of the euro itself. A vote to exit the EU today will likely also weaken the euro, and vice versa.
Other data to watch for today will include French, German, and overall Eurozone services and manufacturing figures out between 8:00 – 9:00 A.M., which is a key economic indicator of Eurozone growth and will likely influence the value of the euro today.

The pound has been trading around relatively the same level since Tuesday in anticipation of today’s EU referendum. Voters across the UK will be heading to the polls today to decide whether or not the UK will remain in the EU. The GBP/USD exchange rate hit the highest level of 2016 overnight at 1.4844, but has come back down and stabilized for market opening today. Initial indications of polling results across the country today and overnight will continue to determine the value of the pound against other currencies until a final outcome is reached. A final result for the referendum should be released before markets open on Friday morning, and a sharp reaction in the currency markets is anticipated as a result. A vote to remain will likely strengthen the pound significantly, and a vote to leave will likely weaken the pound significantly

CaxtonFX are currently (11:50) offering €1.2763 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

jack oakley
27-06-2016, 21:07
FOOD FOR THOUGHT, not that long ago when the euro was trading 1:15 to the pound breakfast in my local haunts was circa 3 to 4 euros. When the pound rose against the euro last year and Brit's had a few more euros to spend many Brit or Irish bars very quickly stuck a euro on the price of a full monty claiming that the ingredients were ENGLISH and they now cost more, I wonder now that the pound has devalued and the ingredients will be much cheaper to buy again will they reduce their prices?? Jack.O

tfs1
28-06-2016, 14:49
this morning we walked by 'the old english tea rooms' (near Cristian Sur) and the excursion place next door were offering a poor 1.17. Their rate is never too good so would expect a little more elesewhere.

tfs1
04-07-2016, 13:58
a rather disappointing 1.17 at Admiral Travel this morning, other local exchange outlets showing 1.16.

golazzo
04-07-2016, 15:23
€1.18 here in Blighty

information
05-07-2016, 13:48
a rather disappointing 1.17 at Admiral Travel this morning, other local exchange outlets showing 1.16.

as the pound is still falling I'd say you will be lucky to get 1.15 late today/tomorrow and 1.13 by the end of the week. 1.25% fall so far today against the euro. At the moment all the money is going to USD or gold.

tfs1
05-07-2016, 14:41
as the pound is still falling I'd say you will be lucky to get 1.15 late today/tomorrow and 1.13 by the end of the week. 1.25% fall so far today against the euro. At the moment all the money is going to USD or gold.

Indeed, thankfully we have enough Euros to last us for the coming months so hopefully towards the end of the year things may be a little better.

The only benefit for us of the exchange movements is that my wifes HSBC dividend is calculated in USD and tomorrows payment, converted to GBP, is much healthier than originally expected and therefore higher than previous interim payments.

golazzo
05-07-2016, 16:20
I'm saddened that I didn't purchase more

Bought a ***** load in December at €1.39 then more on the day of Brexit at €1.28

Now I'm unsure what I should do

I'm away next week in Benidorm where I need to pay for my hotel ( €1155 ). Then I'm away again in October where I need to pay another hotel bill for my daughter which is €840

Do I keep the euros on my card now or should I use them to pay next weeks hotel bill

Just weighing up the pros and cons.

information
05-07-2016, 18:33
I'm saddened that I didn't purchase more

Bought a ***** load in December at €1.39 then more on the day of Brexit at €1.28

Now I'm unsure what I should do

I'm away next week in Benidorm where I need to pay for my hotel ( €1155 ). Then I'm away again in October where I need to pay another hotel bill for my daughter which is €840

Do I keep the euros on my card now or should I use them to pay next weeks hotel bill

Just weighing up the pros and cons.

IMO the pound has more to lose. I think it will settle about 1.08/1.09 for the summer. I am really pleased I am not traveling to the states this year.

golazzo
05-07-2016, 18:34
Can we see a rise after the Bank of England decide on the best course of action

bulldog
05-07-2016, 20:22
IMO the pound has more to lose. I think it will settle about 1.08/1.09 for the summer. I am really pleased I am not traveling to the states this year.

If I was you I,d buy now I think it will drop steadily bit by bit I am waiting for it to hit 1 pound -1 euro then fill my boots with pounds it can only go up then

information
05-07-2016, 22:18
Can we see a rise after the Bank of England decide on the best course of action

with the rate for borrowing more than likely to come down the pound is not likely to rise anytime soon.

cheery
07-07-2016, 12:42
It's up 1c in the last 12 hours.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=12h

Ecky Thump
07-07-2016, 14:29
Possible sign of UK economic growth.

GBP/EURO Currently trading at 1.1735

This pairing fell to a new low of below 1.16 in the overnight session, although only for a moment before recovering to nearly 1.17. The pound has remained under significant pressure this week as the Bank of England has been very dovish in their press conference, and the economic fallout from the UK from the referendum is becoming clearer.
Market participants will look to UK monthly manufacturing data this morning as an economic gauge of the last month. The UK referendum will likely not have affected this data point yet, so it will be a good signal of economic growth, as manufacturing in the UK is one of the leading indicators of economic health.

The Federal Reserve meeting minutes released last night showed that Federal Reserve officials in the US are divided as to the health of the labour market, whether inflation is picking up, the outlook for growth, and risks to the economy. The dollar softened slightly on this news, as it had been strengthening significantly as a safe-haven currency in the wake of the June 23rd UK referendum. The pound has remained at a very weak level overnight and will likely remain there until there is some encouraging news politically or economically to pull sterling from its slump. Data out today will include UK monthly manufacturing production.

CaxtonFX are currently (14:30) offering €1.1469 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

macdonald5
07-07-2016, 15:33
Similar on Fairfx card €1.14630 if loading card

tfs1
10-07-2016, 14:50
1.14 today at Admiral Travel, unusually this rate at other outlets as well - normally they are lower than Admirals/

golazzo
10-07-2016, 18:10
Just a cent bigger here

tfs1
12-07-2016, 12:44
1.15 at Admiral Travel this morning and 1.155 at the mobilty shop/exhange near Fados.

imablue
12-07-2016, 13:57
Torviscas Travel 1.15...

tfs1
18-07-2016, 11:56
1.17 at Admiral Travel this morning and 1.172 down the walkway near the FADOS restuarant.

Stoney
01-09-2016, 19:20
Hi all coming out again for a couple of weeks soon, are there any problems changing the good old pound for euros now since the Brexit and what are the rates like please only getting 1.1381 today

Ecky Thump
01-09-2016, 19:58
Hi all coming out again for a couple of weeks soon, are there any problems changing the good old pound for euros now since the Brexit and what are the rates like please only getting 1.1381 today

Someone is trying to rip you off as the official exchange rate is €1.1846 to the £.

CaxtonFx are offering €1.1575 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

At a guess, I would expect that you would get somewhere in the region of €1.15 - €1.16 to the pound in Tenerife.

macdonald5
02-09-2016, 09:47
Fairfx preloaded offering €1.1625 today
Fair drop since October last year, was €1.33 cash and £1.35 on Halifax Clarity card

junglejim
02-09-2016, 11:33
€1.16topound next to Mercadona San Eugenio this morning .

tub
02-09-2016, 19:30
i changed some pounds today in leicester and got 1-16 thats the best for quite some time here

Ecky Thump
03-09-2016, 09:03

This morning CaxtonFX are offering €1.1642 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

eltel
03-09-2016, 14:59
We changed pounds yesterday at Admiral in Los Cristianos for 1.16e

macdonald5
03-09-2016, 15:21
Barrhead Travel in town was €1.1525 today

golazzo
03-09-2016, 15:54
€1.17 on Multi Currency Card today

cheery
11-09-2016, 18:06
Any updates on current rates on the Reef?

lesbroz
26-09-2016, 20:00
What is the going rate in Tenerife at the moment?

imablue
26-09-2016, 21:24
Today at Torviscas Travel 1.13 not very good ....

tub
27-09-2016, 20:00
here in lanzarote today 1-15

AndyG
04-10-2016, 05:17
Stansted airport Moneycorp exchange rate: 0.9915!!!! Buying back at 1.369 A quiet day ahead for Moneycorp employees I expect!

macdonald5
04-10-2016, 08:11
Post office counters in Scotland €1.04 not good

tfs1
25-10-2016, 17:03
local rates in Los Cris around 1.09, the place near Lewinskis in Los Cristianos was showing a very poor 1.05 today. Went in to Admiral travel and forgot to see their rate !

eltel
25-10-2016, 18:00
Tenerife Sunshine £1.10

Carol55
05-12-2016, 11:14
CaxtonFX are presently (10:10) offering €1.1693 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

This is approximately what you would (or should) also get in the Tenerife Tourist Exchange shops.

The euro fell overnight Sunday as Italy voted “no” on constitutional reforms and Matteo Renzi resigned as Prime Minister. The increase in uncertainty also calls into question the potential implications for the Italian banking sector. GBP/EUR rose approximately 0.9% to break above 1.2000 to its highest levels since July.

Today's Market Highlights

Markets will continue to digest Italy’s referendum results and look towards European elections next year, which remain a downside risk to the euro’s strength.

Ecky Thump
09-12-2016, 11:18
CaxtonFX are currently offering 1.1615 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

which is approximately the rate of exchange that you should expect to receive in the money exchange shops in Tenerife.

Yesterday's Market Highlights

The ECB voted yesterday to maintain the current rate of monthly asset purchases at €80B through to until March and to expand the timeline of monthly net purchases at a reduced rate of €60B from April until at least December 2017.
While markets initially interpreted the move as the start of tapering, Draghi reiterated that tapering has not been discussed and said that the ECB would maintain a “sustained presence” in the market. The ECB kept the main refinancing rate at 0.0% and the deposit rate at -0.4%, as expected.

The euro initially strengthened on the announcement but weakened during the press conference. GBP/EUR recovered from a drop below 1.1700 to around 1.1850

Ecky Thump
12-12-2016, 10:59

CaxtonFX are currently (12:25) offering €1.1654 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

which is approximately the rate of exchange that you should expect to receive in the money exchange shops in Tenerife.

Friday's Market Highlights

Sterling received support Friday morning as the UK’s goods trade deficit narrowed from £13.8B in September to £9.7B in October. GBP/USD picked up 0.5% in the morning but reversed those gains in the afternoon session, falling back towards 1.2550 from over 1.2600.

The euro remained under pressure on Friday following a dovish ECB decision Thursday despite speculation over the possible start of tapering. GBP/EUR rose over a cent towards 1.1950. EUR/USD fell a cent towards 1.0530.

tub
12-12-2016, 21:32
1-175 in playa today near where iceland used to be

Mawkin
13-12-2016, 13:12
I bet that,s Java always give a better rate than most.

Ecky Thump
13-12-2016, 16:19
CaxtonFX are currently (15:15) offering €1.1690 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Sterling made gains yesterday ahead of a busy UK calendar week, including Thursday’s Bank of England meeting. GBP/EUR primarily traded within a 30-pip range around 1.1900, briefly falling towards 1.1865 in the morning, while an afternoon test of 1.1955 was soon reversed.

Chancellor Hammond voiced support for a transitional period to “smooth” the Brexit process and reduce financial stability risk.

Gains in the pound pushed GBP/AUD above 1.6900, GBP/NZD above 1.7600, and GBP/CAD above 1.6600.

Ecky Thump
14-12-2016, 10:08
CaxtonFX are currently (09:00) offering €1.1671 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Sterling rallied against both the euro and the dollar yesterday morning before reversing those gains later in the session. GBP/EUR eyed 1.1985 before returning towards 1.1900, while GBP/USD met resistance around 1.2725. EUR/USD traded between 1.0600 and 1.0670. Rates remained around familiar levels ahead of the Fed meeting.

The pound received support as CPI inflation rose from 0.9% in October to 1.2% in November, the highest rate since October 2014. ZEW indices indicated that Economic Sentiment improved in the Eurozone as a whole and was unchanged in Germany.

tub
14-12-2016, 20:05
yes mawkin i looked at the name today you are right its java giving 1-172 today

Mawkin
14-12-2016, 21:01
yes mawkin i looked at the name today you are right its java giving 1-172 today

I have used them for quite a time now as always give a good rate as you can tell by the Q downstairs some times.

Ecky Thump
14-12-2016, 21:28
I have used them for quite a time now as always give a good rate as you can tell by the Q downstairs some times.

They are about the only exchange that I know of that gives a on par rate with the exchange by Fado's in Los Cristianos, they are certainly not trying to profiteer at our expense.

There used to be a small money exchange in Puerto de la Cruz (just off the Plaza del Charco) that always gave a better fate for Scottish notes over English one, it was only a very small difference, but to us tight Scottish folk, it was worth a fortune! :D

UPDATE:- there is a slight spelling mistake in this post fate should be rate, but it does fit, as parting with my money is Fate!;)

fixer
15-12-2016, 00:47
I got 1.173 today from Caxton.

Ecky Thump
15-12-2016, 11:04
CaxtonFX are currently (12:25) offering €1.1706 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

As was widely expected, the Fed voted to raise interest rates by 25 basis points to a target range of 0.50% to 0.75%. The dollar jumped as the Fed signalled three rate hikes in 2017, surprising markets, which had only been expecting two hikes.

GBP/USD fell 1.4% towards 1.2510. EUR/USD fell 1.7% to break below the key 1.0500 level for the first time since March 2015. The euro weakened against the pound, pushing GBP/EUR back above 1.1950. Earlier in the day, GBP/USD had traded above 1.2710 and EUR/USD above 1.0660.

The Canadian dollar briefly fell half a cent against the pound towards 1.6750. This marks the first time interest rates have been higher in the US than in Canada since 2007.

Markets will continue to digest yesterday's Fed announcements. The day’s releases begin with the UK’s Retail Sales forecast to have slowed in November.

The key event is the Bank of England meeting. No changes in interest rates or the asset purchase programme are expected. Of particular interest will be whether the BoE’s outlook and guidance varies significantly from that provided last month, when the BoE took a less-dovish view and focused on the expected inflation target overshoot.

In the afternoon, the US releases Initial Unemployment Claims and CPI data. The ECB’s General Council meets in Frankfurt; markets will keep an eye out for any headlines regarding Brexit discussions.

Ecky Thump
16-12-2016, 11:17
CaxtonFX are currently (11:00) offering 1.1638 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

The dollar rose to a nearly 14-year high against the euro yesterday as markets digested a more-hawkish-than-expected Fed, which signalled three hikes in 2017. GBP/USD fell towards 1.2400 and EUR/USD broke below 1.0500 for the first time since March 2015, falling to 1.0366, its lowest levels since January 2003.

As expected, the Bank of England announced yesterday that it would keep policy unchanged ahead of the end of the year. Interest rates were held at 0.25% and the asset purchase programme at £435B. The BoE stated that it expected the path of inflation to be slower than it had thought in November but still to overshoot target in 2017 and 2018. Market reaction was limited.

Earlier in the day, UK Retail Sales slowed to 0.2% in November from a downwardly revised 1.8%; core sales were higher than expected at 0.5%. US monthly CPI was 0.2% and annual CPI rose to 1.7% as expected. The releases had limited impact as markets continued to digest the Fed meeting.

The calendar draws to a quieter close today after a busy week. Releases to keep an eye on this morning include Final November CPI figures from the Eurozone (10:00 GMT). The releases may have minimal effect on the euro barring any revisions.

EUR/USD will remain in focus as the shift lower brings back into focus the possibility of parity. Overnight profit-taking pushed the rate back above.

Above information courtesy of CaxtonFX.

Ecky Thump
17-12-2016, 16:10
CaxtonFx are currently (15:00) are offering €1.1661 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Which is approximately the rate you should expect to find in the Tenerife exchange shops today.

LUCKY
17-12-2016, 23:03
One of my financial advisers at San Blas quoted today 1.16 and gave me the nod to hang in there ,he stated lucky better days will be had.

martincrabb99
18-12-2016, 08:36
One of my financial advisers at San Blas quoted today 1.16 and gave me the nod to hang in there ,he stated lucky better days will be had.

I'm hanging in on there and waiting[emoji6]

Ecky Thump
19-12-2016, 21:19
CaxtonFx are currently (20:20) are offering €1.1657 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Which is approximately the rate you should expect to find in the Tenerife exchange shops today.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

On this day in 2014 you would have received €1.2450 to the £

On this day in 2015 you would have received €1.3685 to the £

I wonder if by 2017 the rate will have recovered!

tub
20-12-2016, 21:09
i hope so ecky

Carol55
20-12-2016, 21:15
i hope so ecky

At the end of the day, i look at it this way, if a couple of years we say allowed £600 spending money and this year £650, it won't make much difference, it's only a difference of 25% of our winter heating allowance and we will still have a great holiday and be warm! :D

Ecky Thump
23-12-2016, 10:42

CaxtonFX are currently (09:40) offering €1.1485 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

I have just received this (below) from Caxton, so there will be no currency reports until January 3rd 2017

Seasons greetings from Caxton,

The Caxton reports will be taking a short adjournment with the festive period and no notable data releases.

Our first report of 2017 will be Tuesday 3rd January.

If you have any enquiries or need to book in a trade, do not hesitate to contact us on 0333 123 1815. You can view our opening hours here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Caxton FX

Ecky Thump
24-12-2016, 12:18

Today CaxtonFX are currently (11:10) offering €1.1450 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card.

This rate of exchange is approximately what to expect in the money exchange shops in Tenerife.

tub
24-12-2016, 21:28
java today 16-00 they are the best we have seen this holiday

Ecky Thump
29-12-2016, 12:44
Today's (11:40) official bank exchange rate is €1.1722 to the GBP

CaxtonFX are currently offering €1.1452 to the £ when you load their Euro debit card.

martincrabb99
29-12-2016, 18:16
Today's (11:40) official bank exchange rate is €1.1722 to the GBP

CaxtonFX are currently offering €1.1452 to the £ when you load their Euro debit card.

Slipping downwards again

Ecky Thump
03-01-2017, 10:48

CaxtonFX are currently (13:50) offering 1.1537 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Reports Courtesy of CaxtonFX

Last Year's Highlights

2016 was a volatile year for currencies. Sterling fell around 18% against the dollar on Brexit uncertainty, including concerns that the UK would pursue a “hard” Brexit. The pound clawed back some ground as the economy proved more resilient to the vote’s initial impact than feared.

The dollar fluctuated on Trump and Fed speculation, ultimately rallying towards the end of the year as the Fed voted to raise interest rates to 0.75% and on expectations that greater fiscal spending under the Trump administration would increase inflation, leading to higher interest rates. EUR/USD fell below 1.0400 to its lowest levels since 2003.

The euro came under pressure on increased political uncertainty as elections began amidst a wider turn to populism. After expanding monthly purchases to €80B in March, the ECB announced in December that it would reduce the size of monthly purchases from April 2017. Speculation of tapering at times strengthened the euro.

Looking Ahead

Releases out today include German CPI, UK and US Manufacturing PMI (09:30, 15:00 GMT), and the dairy price index. Other significant releases this week include the UK’s Services and Construction PMI, the Fed’s meeting minutes, and the US’s December jobs report.

Many of 2016’s key events will remain in focus in 2017. The UK is set to trigger Article 50 by the end of March, and the degree of uncertainty will determine the pound’s strength this year. Attention will then turn to the tone of formal Brexit negotiations, particularly those with the EU.

Upcoming European elections and subdued inflation remain risks to the euro’s strength. Monthly asset purchases will be reduced from €80B to €60B from April and will continue through to until at least December.

macdonald5
04-01-2017, 09:13
€1.15 most places here in San Eugenio area

Ecky Thump
04-01-2017, 13:09

CaxtonFX are currently (12:00) offering €1.1511 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Reports courtesy of CaxtonFX

Sterling rallied yesterday morning as Manufacturing PMI came in above expectations at 56.1, its highest level since June 2014. A decline in the index had been expected. GBP/EUR gained 0.8% to around 1.1830, a two-week high, before easing back towards 1.1750.

GBP/USD rose briefly to 1.2300 but held below the key mark. The dollar was broadly stronger, receiving additional support in the afternoon as the US’s ISM Manufacturing PMI jumped to 54.7, its strongest reading since December 2014. GBP/USD briefly dropped to 1.2200.

EUR/USD fell towards a new 14-year low around 1.0340 on dollar demand, but later reversed back above 1.0400.

The loonie was broadly stronger against the pound despite a decline in oil prices and morning gains by the pound. The rate briefly dipped below 1.6400 for the first time since early November.

The pound rose 1.5 cents against the kiwi on the back of positive UK data. A 3.9% decline in dairy prices provided little resistance against the kiwi’s afternoon recovery. The Aussie strengthened against the pound below 1.7000.

The FTSE 100 closed at a new record high of 7,177.89

This morning, the UK releases Construction PMI (09:30 GMT). The release typically has the least significant impact of the three PMIs. Gains in Eurozone CPI (10:00 GMT) to 1.0% could offer the euro support.

Attention in the afternoon turns to the US’s ADP NonFarm Employment Change (13:15 GMT), which will give some indication of what to expect from Friday’s official jobs report.

This evening’s Fed minutes (19:00 GMT) will be closely watched for any additional discussion of the Fed’s hawkish median expectations for three hikes this year and of the potential implications of Trump’s proposed policies, particularly for the inflation outlook.

Ecky Thump
06-01-2017, 10:30
CaxtonFX are currently (09:30) offering €1.1425 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

which is approximately what to expect in the Tenerife Money Exchange Shops.

Reports courtesy of CaxtonFX

While the UK’s services sector expanded at its fastest pace in over a year, beating forecasts, the pound’s reaction was relatively muted. GBP/USD and GBP/EUR both rose around 40 pips following the release. Attention remains largely on politics following the resignation of EU Ambassador Sir Rogers earlier this week. The UK is to trigger Article 50 by the end of March.

An afternoon dollar sell-off pushed GBP/USD up over 1.2% to break above 1.2400, a nearly three-week high. While ADP Employment Change was lower than expected, Initial Jobless Claims fell to a nearly four-decade low, and the ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI held at 57.2.

The euro received brief support in the morning from a gain in producer price inflation, partially attributed to a 4.4% gain in the UK’s PPI. EUR/USD rose over 1.0% as the dollar weakened to trade above 1.0600.

The main event today is this afternoon’s US jobs report (13:30 GMT). The report often causes volatility, with particular attention placed on the NonFarm Employment Change figure. While the number of jobs added to the economy is expected to have slowed in December, the number is likely to indicate the labour market remains strong.

This morning’s releases include the Eurozone’s Economic Indicator and Retail Sales (10:00 GMT). Earlier this morning, German Factory Orders and Retail Sales both declined more than expected on a monthly basis. The euro was little changed following the data.

Ecky Thump
26-01-2017, 11:06
CaxtonFX are currently (10:05) offering €1.1517 to the pound when you load their Euro Debit Card.,

which is approximately the exchange rate you will receive in the money exchange shops in Tenerife.

Sterling rose to new recent highs against both the dollar and the euro yesterday. GBP/EUR rose 0.9% from London open to its overnight high around 1.1770; the rate last traded above 1.1800 on 03 January. GBP/USD rallied over 1.3% to its overnight high around 1.2660, its highest levels since 14 December.

The pound has benefited from an increase in clarity since Prime Minister May outlined the government’s Brexit aims last week, while the dollar has weakened on US President Trump’s protectionist comments.

The IFO German Business Climate reading came in under forecast. The release had limited impact on EUR/USD, which continued to trade above 1.0700.

Given sterling’s recent strength, markets will be watching to see if it maintains that momentum today following the UK’s main data point of the week, the initial estimate of Q4 GDP (09:30 GMT). Economic growth is expected to have slowed slightly from 0.6% to 0.5% QoQ, and from 2.2% to 2.1% YoY.

The UK government is expected to publish its Brexit bill today. Politics will continue to be a key driver of the pound as markets look for further clarity on the timing of the Brexit process.

Of the afternoon’s US releases, highlights include weekly Unemployment Claims (13:30 GMT), which typically have limited impact barring any significant surprises, and New Home Sales (15:00 GMT).

Thursday is Australia Day, a Bank Holiday.

Attention tomorrow will be on initial estimates of US Q4 GDP and a meeting between US President Trump and UK Prime Minister May to discuss trade and terrorism. Both have referenced the “special relationship” between the US and the UK.

Ecky Thump
30-01-2017, 11:03

CaxtonFX are currently (10:00) offering €1.1450 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Money reports courtesy of Caxton FX

Friday's Market Highlights

The dollar weakened as Asian markets opened as investors reacted with surprised to US President Trump’s controversial travel ban. GBP/USD rose half a cent towards 1.2600 before meeting resistance, while EUR/USD temporarily climbed back up above 1.0700.

US data were mixed on Friday, and cable held below 1.2585. Annualised GDP in Q4 slowed more than expected to 1.9% from 3.5% in Q3. Durable Goods Orders declined 0.4%, having been forecast to return to growth.

GBP/EUR drifted lower towards 1.1710 as the week’s trading drew to a close and the euro was better bid.

Today’s calendar includes the Eurozone’s Economic Sentiment Indicator (10:00 GMT), German CPI data (13:00 GMT), and US Personal Consumption Expenditures and Pending Home Sales (13:30, 15:00 GMT).

Politics will remain in focus for the pound this week as Prime Minister May meets with the leaders of Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland today and as the Brexit bill moves to the House of Commons for debate. Key UK economic releases this week include the Manufacturing, Construction, and Services PMI figures.

Central banks will be in focus with meetings of the Fed, Bank of England, and Bank of Japan on the schedule. While no major monetary policy shifts are expected, the accompanying comments will be closely watched for any forward guidance. The Bank of Japan announces its decision early Tuesday morning.

hamer
30-01-2017, 11:59
Hi,

Whats' the exchange rate to the Pound today please.

Sorry, just seen previous post.

imablue
30-01-2017, 13:57
Torviscas Travel showing 1.15 this morning.

Ecky Thump
08-02-2017, 10:48
Caxton FX are currently (09:45) offering €1.1480 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card,

Money reports courtesy of CaxtonFX

After an initial sell-off as London markets opened yesterday morning, the pound recovered on hawkish comments from MPC Member Forbes, rebounding significantly around the 16:00 GMT fix. Forbes, one of the more hawkish members, said that there could be a case for a rate hike “soon” if the real economy remains relatively strong and inflation continues to rise.

GBP/USD rallied over 1.3% from a low around 1.2350 to return back above 1.2500. GBP/EUR broke back above 1.1700 having traded sub-1.1600 earlier in the day. EUR/USD tested 1.0700 from a low around 1.0655.

MPC Member Cunliffe speaks this afternoon (13:00 GMT), which may prompt some movement in the pound as markets look for whether he takes a more dovish tone or reiterates Forbes’ hawkish comments on inflation.

Sterling will remain in focus with the Article 50 Bill to be voted on for a second time in the House of Commons. Once passed, the bill will go to the House of Lords.

Attention will also be on commodity currencies with weekly EIA Crude Oil Inventories out this afternoon (15:30 GMT). The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is expected to keep interest rates on hold at 1.75%.