PDA

View Full Version : New recruit(s) for CD Tenerife

FinnKris
02-01-2012, 13:03
Hello all & happy New Year,

It seems we have our first new signing in this transfer window. At least according to the Instinto Blanquiazul page (sorry, don't know how to link properly) CDT has signed a player by the name of Raúl Llorente. The article is in Spanish, and as I don't habla espanol going by a most funky web translation seems he is a 25 year old free transfer saying all the right things.

According to Wikipedia he is a left back. I must say after the initial joy of a new signing a left back wasn't exactly what I was looking for given that we have (at least) 2 left backs already in Meji & Sergio + both Tarantino & Ayoze capable of filling in with Pablo Sicilia looming as well. Although we have looked shakey in defense at times it's more our lack of goals scored that needs to be addressed as we still have the best defensive record in the league.

Perhaps more interesting is that the article seems to suggest a new striker by the name/moniker Aridane as well. Wikipedia only gave 2 defenders by that name so I'm guessing we are talking about a striker originating from the neighboring island Gran Canaria currently playing for CD Leganes? He has managed one goal this season (presumably/hopefully due to being mostly injured?) so not exactly the proven goal scorer we need. Seems he (assuming it's the correct Aridane & he is actually on his way) scored 10 or 12 goals (depending on which source to believe) for Universidad de Las Palmas last season so who knows... Nothing about him makes me scream of joy but perhaps he is a star in the making....

The same article also seems to suggest 1 or 2 more on the way in, and unfortunately Josmar Zambrano on the way out. A shame to see him go after all the hype last season around him, had high hopes for him

Fred Perry
02-01-2012, 15:30
Zambrano is only on loan. He is returning to Venezuela where he has family.

Yes, it is that Aridane from Gran Canaria. He scored well for Universidad last season, let´s give him a chance. He is a tank, so that will be 2 tanks we have up front. Hopefully the full backs and midfielders can get to the by line more and get some decent crosses in, otherwise no point.

Reports suggest that one, two even three new players on way.

FinnKris
02-01-2012, 16:07
Yes, it is that Aridane from Gran Canaria. He scored well for Universidad last season, let´s give him a chance.

Yes, absolutely, will give him a chance. Just seems like a very strange signing, as you said we already have Kiko Raton for that style of play, surely a more mobile & technical striker would be of more value. Well, he can't be too expensive so at least adds depth to the squad. Just have to hope he isn't another Igor from last season, making little to no impact....Personally I've never been a fan of those types of "Emile Heskey" strikers. Incidentally watching euro2000 & 2004 highlights on Eurosport and one Jan Koller is on display (speaking of giant tanks...)

Oh well, who knows, he might surprise me positively. Interesting to see who else comes in, good thing that these signings have been made early in this transfer window giving them more time to settle.

redarrow
03-01-2012, 15:54
The team has had a real problem on the left side of defence and a lot of opponents have exploited this. At least they haven't messed about as in previous years. A midfielder that doesn't think he's a defender would be handy too, as well as quick wide player.

FinnKris
21-01-2012, 11:08
Well, seems we might have signed the quick wide player 'redarrow' was calling for. At least according to his (English) wikipedia entry Luis Miguel "Luismi" Loro is a winger & some sources describes him as "left-sided, fast and skilful". A bit unclear to me if he is a winger or striker, or comfortable in either position.

The signing is confirmed on the CDT web page http://www.clubdeportivotenerife.es/pagina.asp?idp=10407&ids=6, unclear from that if he will feature this weekend or at some later date. Probably not yet this Sunday as he hasn't had time to train with the team.

Interesting signing for sure, last season on this very level CDT are at now, in Group 3, he scored 17 goals for CD Castellon in 35 or 36 games depending on the source. Can't seem to find any stats for him for this season, he was released by Segunda side Elche CF, whether he played a game for them or not is unclear.

So potentially a very useful, all be it small (1.75m), versatile?, goalscoring pacey attack-minded player. A question mark over his match fitness as it seems he hasn't played much this season. But the way things have been going lately he might prove to be just the injection of pace & energy we need. I'm looking forward to seeing him play hopefully in the not too distant future.

Fred Perry
21-01-2012, 12:00
Another great signing for CD Tenerife. Luisimi Loro and Raul Llorente(he has played 2 and impressed) should be key players for the rest of the season. Aridane is more of a risk that could come good.

We need to get a bit of a winning run going (that is why last Sunday was so dissapointing), get these new players to fit in and hopefully Real Madrid B will start to drop points at the top becasue they seem unstoppable. Madrid B play today, at home to UB Conquense. You can put big money on that for a home win. It is like printing money.

bonitatime
21-01-2012, 15:10
Luismi's signing was only finalised yesterday so there is no chance he will play tomorrow. He needs to pass the medical and get here. Looks good though
Looking forward to being back in the Heliodoro tomorrow it has been too long between games.

Fred Perry
21-01-2012, 20:33
hopefully Real Madrid B will start to drop points at the top becasue they seem unstoppable. Madrid B play today, at home to UB Conquense. You can put big money on that for a home win. It is like printing money.

YES! Ha ha proves what I know about football. Real Madrid have just drawn at home to second from bottom Conquense 2-2. Reading the report they could haven lost it as well. Conquense have only won 2 all season so a schocker for Real madrid B.

Makes tomorrow´s game even more vital.

FinnKris
29-01-2012, 16:37
Yet another new player signed by CDT. According to the club web page http://www.clubdeportivotenerife.es/pagina.asp?idp=10457&ids=6Enrique "Kike" López Delgado has been signed from Villareal B.

He seems to be a forward, a rather diminutive one at that, 1.69m tall! Hasn't scored this season yet for Villareal B in the Segunda & last season for Salamanca only scored 6 goals in total. So not exactly prolific...

Not sure about this one (on paper) to be honest, if he is an out-and-out striker that return in terms of goals is rather modest quite frankly & standing 1.69m tall he won't be much of threat in that regard either. Then again, a bloke of similar stature by the moniker 'Nino' wasn't half bad was he so who knows...

Will of course give him every chance to stake his claim, interesting to see where he will slot in, upfront, just behind or on either flank. And given that the 3 previous new recruits all seem to have made a positive impact I have to trust the sporting director to have got this one right as well.

alf arrow
31-01-2012, 14:13
Confirmed after medical, will be presented today. Enrique Lopez Delgado 12.1.88 a.k.a. Kike Lopez. Full profile for him and all other players at BDFutbol.

bonitatime
31-01-2012, 14:50
There is talk the club will try to sign an attacking midfielder today