PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta de San Sebastian, La Caleta, Tenerife

shirlthewurl
02-01-2012, 23:31
I was told this event takes place on 20th January, which involves animals especially Horses which
are ridden into the sea. I would like to go to the Fiesta but I don't know the exact location or times,
can anyone give me more details please.

imablue
02-01-2012, 23:49
Have a look here .....

http://www.demotix.com/news/562592/fiestas-san-sebastian-adeje-tenerife-canary-islands

carol & steve
14-01-2012, 11:08
What number bus is the best to get from Fanabe and which is the nearest place to get off please? Which beach do the horses swim in? Thank you.

bonitatime
14-01-2012, 18:20
416 will get you there its in La Caleta

louisecox
15-01-2012, 13:28
The animals swim in the sea behind the Riu Palace called Playa Enramamda. Starts about 12.00 osh but there is loads to do around the church, plenty of stalls and bars. Good day out.

junglejim
18-01-2012, 14:00
The festival takes place over this weekend from Thursday 19th January - procession to La Caleta on Friday , taking the animals down to beach.

http://www.adeje.es/esp/278_noticias.asp#3575

JFB
18-01-2012, 16:44
Anybody knows the schedule of the events on 20/01/12. I heard that the festivities starts at 12.00 on this day but I would like to know more e.g time of the celebration on the beach in La Caleta, time when animals and men go back to Adeje and what way.......

junglejim
19-01-2012, 03:42
Anybody knows the schedule of the events on 20/01/12. I heard that the festivities starts at 12.00 on this day but I would like to know more e.g time of the celebration on the beach in La Caleta, time when animals and men go back to Adeje and what way.......
Think if you check on link above and posts , starts at noon in little church - area along walkway towards La Caleta and surrounding Church will have festivities most of day - Tens of thousands attend so it will be busy !
Plug into google for San Sebastian , La Enramada and youŽll get plenty of info ! - Enjoy!

balababe
19-01-2012, 19:12
Anyone know where to park, or is that a silly question?? We have family here and it seems an ideal thing to do, if only I knew where and how. I am going to google it, but any advice would be very welcome. Thank you.

junglejim
20-01-2012, 02:16
Get a Taxi - thereŽs up to 30,000 people expected or park up at where market is in CC Del Duque and walk down , about 20 minutes .

carol & steve
20-01-2012, 18:14
Just got back from the fiesta.....numb bum from sitting on the rocks for 1.5hours!!! Was stunning to watch the horses in the sea, but I had to make a quick exit when one of the horses was unable to get out of the sea and lying on his side. Everyone was rushing down to try and help it, cheers went up and apparently it managed to get on it's feet. Fingers crossed it's ok......does anyone know??

Flossieinpink
12-02-2012, 23:27
We stayed until the end and the horse who was in difficulty stayed behind and was led away. It seemed to have a cut on leg but walked away with no other sign of injury. Was certainly a heartstopper and I burst into tears and didn't watch until the cheers indicating horse was on its feet. Was hoping for more information on here...but initial indications were it was OK...:)

carol & steve
13-02-2012, 00:26
Thanks for that, I did hope that someone who knew the horse might have been on here but it doesn't look like it. I also tried to get all the Tenerife newspapers on line to see if anything was said but nothing seemed to have got reported even though there were some reporters there. But you saw it walk away so thats good enough for me. :)