PDA

View Full Version : Will it be busy in Las Americas from the 22nd to 26th of February 2012?

greigym
03-01-2012, 11:47
Hi there,

I'm visiting on the above dates as part of an older (behaved!) stag do and the main fear is that the area will be quite dead. Will there be plenty of busy nightlife? Also, I heard something about a possible carnival around this time of year?

Any info would be gratefully received!

Thanks

CaribeCelt
03-01-2012, 14:25
It will not be heaving like the summer,obviously,but there will be plenty around...plenty of mischief to be had;)
The carnival is in Santa Cruz and i think it kicks off on the 15th this year.

greigym
03-01-2012, 15:02
Thanks for the info! Anywhere in particular to head for do you think? The group is going to be around 8 strong all in our 30's?!

tenerife-lover
03-01-2012, 17:24
Hi, i am 26 and have been going tenerife most years since i was a teen and i love it, tried agia napa magaluf ibiza etc but always end up back in tenerife cos is more variety of nighlife!

In las americas it depends what your after, to where you go. Costa adeje in las americas for example is a lovely place and lively, with many karaoke bars, live music bars, bars with comedy shows/elvis shows/michael buble shows etc and all are quality performers and around there are prodominately english and is the place i end up at most nights because it only really has 4 and 5 star hotels around that area and therefore don't get many really young clubbers, groups of yobs etc and more people in their 20's and 30's and upwards. Another place with similar nightlife is, san eugenio area in las americas, again no nightclubs but loads of bars, reastaurants etc again prodominately english and within 10 minutes walk from previous place i mentioned (costa adeje) . They are both places good to go say from 8pm onwards and they close bout 1-2am. If you want to carry on after this time you have another 30 or 40 bars/clubs on veronicas strip in las americas, which is about 20 minutes (sober) walk from both of the previous places or about 4-6 euros in a taxi and another clubbing area called the patch, which is a mile or so past veronicas strip which again has another load of nightclubs and bars that stay open til 5am ish. If your going clubbing etc i wouldn't bother going to veronicas strip or the patch til at least 11pm cos midnight is about when they start picking up. If you go to costa adeje area you gotta go to the 'moonlight bar' fun pub, is in top 3 pubs/bars on the island (my opinion) its mostly a lively upbeat karaoke bar with an hours tribute of some kind thrown in the middle i know itdoesn't sound much but most nights in there are buzzin!They will have a board outside saying what tribute is on each night, so pick one that will be lively ie robbie williams night or michael buble night over beatles night or elvis night if you want a crowd of 20-30 yr olds instead of 40 yr old +. Best/busiest bar/pub in the san eugenio area is 'eugenios', and is similar to moonlight bar with karaoke and sometimes tribute act and this bar has top compare on the island and is hilarious! Takes the mick out of everyone! it's virtually opposite harleys american diner, if you get a taxi or walk to harleys just walk 50-100 yards to top of the steep hill that harleys is on and you'll see it. Got so many places i could list though, if you let me know what kinda bars or pubs your into i could recommend a few. :-)

If it were me going on a stag there in feb here's what i'd do... i'd go moonlight bar first and if they aren't really busy by 10pm then ide try the pubs/bars on the beach there (1min walk) and if they not busy either walk towards eugenios but via a pub called the beehive which is a small bar underground which wont be busy but do cheap drinks, free shots etc (dj in there is sound and will put on whatever tunes you want cos it isn't mega busy), so would neck a quick couple in there and move straight onto eugenios bar... if that not lively by 11pm ide say to go down to veronicas or patch early and drink in bars round there til the clubs get busy... Hope this essay helps. ;-)

greigym
03-01-2012, 17:57
Brilliant! Thanks very much for taking the time to write back. Im looking forward to it to say the least! Its been ages since all my old mates got together and some havnt had the best of times recently so the break will be well deserved!

Cheers

delderek
03-01-2012, 20:20
Brilliant! Thanks very much for taking the time to write back. Im looking forward to it to say the least! Its been ages since all my old mates got together and some havnt had the best of times recently so the break will be well deserved!

Cheers

There is also a nice Carnival in Los Cris, without going all the way up North.

Flossieinpink
04-01-2012, 00:18
I do agree with Tenerife lover but have a few more to add. Stag do has to see drag act right? Some fab ones....Blaydon Races at the patch area sees 7 ft tranny Roxy Risque who is to take the 'michael' out of stag..best pint of local on the island in our opinion and at 2 euros keeps the head from start to finish. Wigan Arms at Starco area near Linekars Bar sees Miss Crystal Starr-comedy and great warm up before hitting Linekars. Be afraid...she takes no prisoners. Karaoke at both these til 2am. Irish Rover stays open til the last man standing and has happy hour til 11 -top acts karaoke and ace compere Shaun...yep stags will love this one too. Enjoy...we're there in Jan and again April, July...so you could say we adore the place x :hello:

greigym
04-01-2012, 10:30
Plenty to see and do by the sounds of it! Should make for a very good time!

Thanks to all

CaribeCelt
04-01-2012, 17:21
There is also a nice Carnival in Los Cris, without going all the way up North.

What date does the Los Cris carnival start?

junglejim
05-01-2012, 02:28
What date does the Los Cris carnival start?
Lent is 22nd of February so Traditionally the parade in Santa Cruz is Shrove Tuesday 21st Feb.
The parade in LC is usually a couple of weeks later , Arona website doesn't seem to give a specific date ?

http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/fdes_d4_v6.jsp?contenido=22222&nivel=1400&tipo=6

bang1
05-01-2012, 21:33
stay i n the uk it cheaper