PDA

View Full Version : Where and when are 'Bitter & Twisted' on in Tenerife?

Bazz
09-06-2011, 10:08
Where and when do Bitter & Twisted perform now in the south? :drinking:

with cheese
09-06-2011, 10:10
Reggie and I are not available................

dotty1
09-06-2011, 11:57
They have split up and one of them does a show in puerto in the north. got another partner,

zumba queen
09-06-2011, 13:27
I think they still do a show in the Theatre Bar in san euginio

Jelly Baby
09-06-2011, 13:42
They have split up and one of them does a show in puerto in the north. got another partner,

I donīt think thatīs quite right.

williethetim
09-06-2011, 13:48
they play at the theatre bar ( ive heard, on a wednesday)

Roadkingrider
09-06-2011, 14:30
One half of Bitter and Twisted (now split up) is Shane (I believe) who performs his Mister Sister show at the Premier bar, Amarilla Golf every Sunday night @ around 11pm. Great fun.

Bazz
09-06-2011, 15:31
You're right Jelly Baby. ;) I knew John had a new partner but the bar in Puerto closed and they are back performing in the south. :cheers: I just didn't know where.

uptowngirl
09-06-2011, 17:09
They definitely work at The Theatre Bar on Wednesdays, and definitely at The Highland Paddy 3 Bar in Los Gigantes on Tuesdays. Not sure where else

Bob_W
10-06-2011, 14:04
I dont know if they are back together ,but one of them has a show called Mister Sister, and he is usually on in the Highland Paddy, down at the strip of bars at the Parque De La Paz.The show was on at about 23:30 and was very good.

buffy
10-06-2011, 14:50
Bitter & Twisted are on every Tuesday in the Highland Paddy,Los Gigantes. (they are on holiday at the moment so won't be on, on the 14th & 21st June)

Shane - Mister Sister is on every Tuesday in the Highland Paddy, Parque de la Paz, Las Americas.

Topacciolo
20-06-2011, 22:17
They are on the Theatre Bar in San Eugenio on Wednesday and Thursday!!! In holiday now but we went to look for them this week because we didn't know and we meet some of their close friend and thy did not split up!!! So from next week go and see them there!! Jackie, Dennis and Dave are great people and you will have fun!!!!

Topacciolo

hedgehog
20-06-2011, 22:22
They seem to feature quite regularly on the "Illegal Tenerife lettings" thread :eyebrows:

dom
21-06-2011, 15:56
my auntie was over and she asked the same question and then sent me lookin all over las americas and san eugenio it turned out there at the caberat theatre bar near garden city every wed and thurs night :D

sorry Topacciolo didīnt read your post before i posted

Topacciolo
25-06-2011, 01:24
Hi guys just to confirm, I was at the Theatre Bar tonight (We had so much fun again...And the burgers are gorgeous!!!!) and they confirm with me that Bitter & Twisted will be back from Holiday and preform as usual every Wed and Thursdays!!!
We are not gonna be able to see them because me and my girlfriend are leaving Sunday but we will be back in September and that will be the first show we want to see!!
Don't miss it!!
Topacciolo

canarianchicken
15-08-2011, 04:06
They seem to feature quite regularly on the "Illegal Tenerife lettings" thread :eyebrows:

Why would that be.
We are a legal show and have been since day one over 8 years ago.
Why such a snide remark. (Eyebrows raised?)
Is someone implying that we are doing something wrong.
We have all the correct paperwork and are working to earn our living.
What is this post about please.
Someone please contact me with a PM.
Thanks.

onelegnofeet
15-08-2011, 09:02
Why would that be.
We are a legal show and have been since day one over 8 years ago.
Why such a snide remark. (Eyebrows raised?)
Is someone implying that we are doing something wrong.
We have all the correct paperwork and are working to earn our living.
What is this post about please.

Someone please contact me with a PM.
Thanks.

Hi CC,I think it was just a pun not aimed at you directly,more to with those on the illegal lettings thread.Some of whom it would seem HedgeHog thinks are "Bitter and twisted"over forth coming situations...........
Sit back ,relax,and enjoy the forum .Hope that doesnt sound like i am trying to tell you what to do .........Sorry i dont do Pms .hope to catch your act next time i'm over

golazzo
22-08-2011, 18:17
Any updates where they are performing. We will be in LC from the 2nd Sept and would love to see them

Jackie
22-08-2011, 18:30
The Red Lion every Sunday in Los Cristianos

golazzo
22-08-2011, 18:33
The Red Lion every Sunday in Los Cristianos

Remind me where the Red Lion is

Jackie
22-08-2011, 18:38
Old O'faherty's (sp) site opposite the kids play park along the front

canarianchicken
23-08-2011, 02:01
Red Lion 10 o clock on Sundays except sun 2nd sept
Shambles bar in Los Cris except sum 2nd sept

we are performing in UK for 6 days in Southport, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and Blackpool from 31st aug to 5th sept.
xxx

golazzo
23-08-2011, 06:25

we are performing in UK for 6 days in Southport, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and Blackpool from 31st aug to 5th sept.
xxx

Ahh bugger, we travel out on the 2nd Sept so looks like we will miss you. Grrrr

Bazz
23-08-2011, 08:43

xxx

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday :jumping: and also trying out the 'Rest Rooms' you mentioned :D
Hope I don't come out of them stiff! :laugh: :laugh:

buffy
23-08-2011, 12:15
Bitter & Twisted are at the Highland Paddy, Parque de la Paz everyother Saturday (this Sat 27th)

ali j
23-08-2011, 12:30
saw them at the pearly grey callao salvaje the other night

marbro8
23-08-2011, 19:35

xxxwe were lucky enough to see you at oscars a couple of years ago fab:crylaughing::crylaughing:

ramnit
23-08-2011, 20:53
Can you tell me whereabouts in Manchester you will be performing please?

marbro8
23-08-2011, 20:57
Can you tell me whereabouts in Manchester you will be performing please?the airport if their flight is delayed lol:D

slodgedad
23-08-2011, 22:39
Maybe slightly off topic but when OH presented them at her place of work, before her unfortunate retirement, it was always the highlight of the week.

The most looked forward to and talked about act.

Well worth seeing if you haven't already.

(Another pint they owe me)....:D

golazzo
24-08-2011, 06:20
Will they be performing on their return to Tenerife on the 7th or 8th before I return home on the 9th?

ramnit
24-08-2011, 08:08
we are performing in UK for 6 days in Southport, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and Blackpool from 31st aug to 5th
sept (Canarianchickens Quote)

Perhaps Canarianchicken can tell me whereabouts in Manchester they are performing please

Thanks
ramnit

canarianchicken
01-10-2011, 17:21
Sorry folks, I havent been online for some time. Sorry I missed the posts with questions in. We have been back for a few weeks now. Had a wonderful time in the UK and dates are being planned for next year including three nights in London and shows in Newcastle and Liverpool and Manchester. When details are finalised in a few months I will post theme here.

I would like to share a link with you if that's OK. I have put together a promotional video Photo Montage. Let me know what you think
All the best xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUUy4zxAf-4&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1317485767

Topacciolo
02-10-2011, 14:26
We finally had the chance to see Bitter and Twisted last Wednesday at the Theatre Bar and it was hilarious!!!! Thanks for the very nice time!! Friends told us about your show and Maria and Graham said so many nice thing about you and we couldn't wait to see the show (last time we were in Tenerife you were i holiday i think....)and now we will be back next wednesday and I will keep an aye on the London Dates!! Let us know when and where!!
Thanks again for the very nice evening!!

Topacciolo

poker
02-10-2011, 14:53
Fabulus piece of promo film J. .
Howmany costumes did you make and have over the years and they are not even all shown . :-)

Sent using Tapatalk.

canarianchicken
03-10-2011, 12:16
Thanks for the comments.
I can't even begin to think how many costumes I have made over the years, but there are now over 140 numbers in our repertoir.
Just as i've finished one thing, another idea creeps into my head.
Barry is also full of ideas and makes the vast majority of his own costumes too.
We are currently working on a stack of new numbers .... where will it all end.
It is super to have a job that I enjoy so much.

Sylla
24-10-2011, 20:21
Whoopie !!! Just read on TripAdvisor that Bitter and Twisted will be performing again in Puerto at the Las Vegas every other Monday ....can't wait ! I hope this is true ? :bellydancer: don't know if they do a belly dancer ? but there's a thought !:superstar:

Sylla

no6bus
30-10-2011, 20:01
can anyone tell me where i can catch bitter and twisted between 28th nov and 5th dec we are at playa paraiso but can travel to los gigantes or las americas

Topacciolo
30-10-2011, 20:39
can anyone tell me where i can catch bitter and twisted between 28th nov and 5th dec we are at playa paraiso but can travel to los gigantes or las americas

Hi, you can see them at the Theatre Cabaret Bar every Wed and Thursday in Las Americas!!!
Jackie and Dennis are lovely and you will have a very nice time at their bar!!! If you go tell them Luca and Celia say hello!!!

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/profile.php?id=157430763063&__user=816873008

Topacciolo

linda52
17-11-2011, 17:27
The original bitter and twisted have split up.John has a new partner,unfotunately not as professional as shane and himself.Shane is now on his own as MR SISTER.I have always been an avid fan of the original bitter and twisted but sorry to say my admiration is now to Shane.There is room for another drag act on the island Bitter and TWISTED get youself a new act completly different to MR SISTER and you might stand a chance you dont get it like Shane....

uptowngirl
17-11-2011, 19:33
The original bitter and twisted have split up.John has a new partner,unfotunately not as professional as shane and himself.Shane is now on his own as MR SISTER.I have always been an avid fan of the original bitter and twisted but sorry to say my admiration is now to Shane.There is room for another drag act on the island Bitter and TWISTED get youself a new act completly different to MR SISTER and you might stand a chance you dont get it like Shane....

Unbelievable Post!!!!!

I am very good friends with ALL involved in both shows and your comments are out of order. You want to get the correct facts before publicly slandering anyone !!!

Your first post on this forum and you come here to personally slag someone off...................... pfft!!!!! PATHETIC!

SuzyQ
18-11-2011, 02:34
Agreed. They are all fantastic. While Im on the subject, Bitter and Twisted will be doing their full show at the Live Arico Xmas dinner party, Friday the 2nd December at Restaurant Maria, El Nautico Suites, Golf del Sur. PM me for tickets, but be quick, we always sell out there. :)

karinagal
18-11-2011, 08:43
Agreed. They are all fantastic. While Im on the subject, Bitter and Twisted will be doing their full show at the Live Arico Xmas dinner party, Friday the 2nd December at Restaurant Maria, El Nautico Suites, Golf del Sur. PM me for tickets, but be quick, we always sell out there. :)

Dammit!! I arrive on the 3rd......! Have a great night!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

linda52
18-11-2011, 21:30
I visit tenerife many times during the year and I am entitled to my opinion.2 identical shows why??You maybe friends with both parties you must be able to identify the better of the 2.This is my last say on the matter.

caroletenerife
18-11-2011, 23:44
I visit tenerife many times during the year and I am entitled to my opinion.2 identical shows why??You maybe friends with both parties you must be able to identify the better of the 2.This is my last say on the matter.
Good :laugh:

uptowngirl
19-11-2011, 04:38

Thats their business, and nothing to do with the opinion of some twisted old bird who decides she wants to publicly slate someone for no apparent reason.
NEWSFLASH! Shane has just announced to us that he is gay, so I don't think you stand a chance love ROFL

Whos's BITTER AND TWISTED now love???

I will be directing all the guys towards this post just so they can have a smirk............................

PS Just cos you visit the island numerous times a year, does that give you the right to be downright rude. Anyway, what do you know about the entertainment scene??? Are you an agent??? Thespian? Musician??? Would love to know your occupation..........................

Andy0210
19-11-2011, 05:12
Thats their business, and nothing to do with the opinion of some twisted old bird who decides she wants to publicly slate someone for no apparent reason.
NEWSFLASH! Shane has just announced to us that he is gay, so I don't think you stand a chance love ROFL

Whos's BITTER AND TWISTED now love???

Ha ha i am sure i have heard that somewhere before i wonder where. ;)

V P, B M, S o D stop using my material or i will copyright it! ;) lol

Angusjim
19-11-2011, 10:14

Are you BITTER and TWISTED or is it just that time of the month:crazy::raspberry:

karinagal
19-11-2011, 12:27
Are you BITTER and TWISTED or is it just that time of the month:crazy::raspberry:

Dammit! I was going to post that or similar last night and thought I'd better not - you've beaten me to the punch line!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

uptowngirl
19-11-2011, 15:31

I am going to take a leaf out of another forum members book and suggest, LINDA52, that I assist you in arranging a meeting between you and the 3 entertainers concerned so you can voice YOUR opinions...................... then you can get the full stories from all parties. Just let me know when and where. :goodluck:

malagabob
27-11-2011, 20:30
Bitter and Twisted appeared at the Theatre bar Garden City last Wed and Thurs. Went to see them on the Thurs, very funny, but some of the sketches were done by Bunny Lane at his Benalmadena bar 8 years ago.

welshman
27-11-2011, 21:40
Where are they performing over Christmas and new year their a fantastic act last so them in Summerday Summer Nights 2 years ago?:pray:

Sylla
28-11-2011, 01:20
:crylaughing:
Where are they performing over Christmas and new year their a fantastic act last so them in Summerday Summer Nights 2 years ago?:pray:

Just returned from the north and we saw Bitter and Twisted in the Hotel Las Vegas ,,,,they were as good as ever ,,,, a packed house ,,,, The costumes were even better , with one totally lighting up ...what a show !

canarianchicken
28-11-2011, 13:34

Hi There, John Sharples here, from Bitter and Twisted.

I am very disappointed that someone feels it necessary to slate us in a public place.

We work very hard at keeping the show to a high standard.

We have over 140 different numbers now which use 180 different costumes.

The two shows are not identical and Shane and I (John) are friends, although a number of people, since our split have tried to spoil things between us.

Bitter and Twisted was the idea of Myself and Phil Lorking. When Phil left Tenerife, I took Shane on as my second partner.
Shane and I didn't split because of any differences of opinion, but because I wanted to open The Majestic Bar with my friends.

Barry and I now have a new project in the pipeline.

I really don't think that the comments made by this individual are relevant to a thread that is called, "Where are Bitter and twisted performing tonight"

How would this woman feel if I had a personal dig about her work in a public place?

Thank you to other forum members for their support and the continued support of our "fans" on the Island who have kept Bitter and Twisted busy for the last 10 years.

Bazz
28-11-2011, 13:42
We all love you John. Hopefully 'she' has gone away to eat that large bag of chips that are on her shoulder!

Sylla
28-11-2011, 15:00
We all love you John. Hopefully 'she' has gone away to eat that large bag of chips that are on her shoulder!

Hear ! hear ! and so say all of us ! no need to explain to us John , your private life is your's , no one elses ......

Your show was just fab ,...we were in Puerto for three weeks , so picked up your show at Vegas on the Monday and people that haven't seen it , just cant wait for their next trip to see you ....

One lady I was talking to on the plane home had heard all about your show from friends , but didn't know how to find out where you were showing in the south , so I told her to look on this forum ....So keep us all informed please ... ooh! yes and the new project ....xxxx

canarianchicken
28-11-2011, 17:37
Thank you for your comments Sylla and Bazz.
It hurts when people are nasty without good reason.
We are only working to earn a living like anyone else.
We aren't famous, or earning fortunes. We are just doing our job.

Once again Thanks!

Also, to the person who thinks we are doing "Bunny Lane" numbers.
I have never been to benalmadena nor have I seen the act that you refer to, However, I went to see a singer the other night in las americas and she was singing a song that Shirley Bassey used to sing 8 years ago.

I really don't need this negativity in my life at the moment and I hope that is has now passed.

As for the thread title, we will be performing in Callao Salvaje on Wed might at 9.30pm in the Perly Grey and on Thursday a double show in the Theatre Bar in San Eugenio. On Saturday we are in a hotel in Playa Paraiso .... the Floral and then in The Highland Paddy in Las Americas.

Sylla
28-11-2011, 19:31
Thanks for the info John .....and I thought your "Tina Turner" *legs* ! were spot on LOL !

canarianchicken
29-11-2011, 03:52
Thanks for the info John .....and I thought your "Tina Turner" *legs* ! were spot on LOL !

Thanks .... but unfortunately, those were Barry's legs!

YOUNG GOLFER
29-11-2011, 11:34
I am very disappointed that someone like you John can worry about a NEW member who has only got two post on this forum and they are directed at your show.
To join a forum to seek out a member to try and hurt their business is really sad...don't take no notice mate.

For anyone who has never ever seen bitter and twisted then in my eyes they are the best in the business make a effort to go and see them they are that good.

Sylla
29-11-2011, 12:21
:crylaughing:
Thanks .... but unfortunately, those were Barry's legs!

LOL ! hahaha!!!! bet you wish they were your's ? who can tell under all that hair ! who is who ? If i met you in in the street I wouldn't recognise you !!! Just goes to show ...a professional class act !

michele
29-11-2011, 12:27
we have watched your show for many years in the beverly hills club ...we were sorry to hear you had split up but you have to do whats best in life...last xmas eve we watched sister act and it was brill....both of you are very special acts....we would love to see both acts when we are over between xmas and new year...could you please give dates and time and were on ..many thanks ..xxx

i love the beach
29-11-2011, 12:42
We are over in a couple of weeks, we havent had the pleasure of your show yet but its top of our list after reading all your good reviews. We look forward to seeing you in Theatre Bar is Dave (from Star Bar) still there ?

canarianchicken
29-11-2011, 13:15
Yes, he is still there, please say hello to us when you come in.

i love the beach
29-11-2011, 13:44
We sure will say hello, counting the days for some fun in the sun lol

canarianchicken
05-12-2011, 21:38
Bitter & Twisted are coming off the cabaret circuit in Tenerife from 15th December. Our final bar show will be at the Theatre and it will be an extravaganza.
DON'T MISS IT!!!!
From Saturday 17th December Bitter & Twisted & the Decades dancers will be starring at Vivo in Treasure Island (formerly Pleasure Island)
This is an excursion show with a quality meal and various prices for different packages.
Tickets now available from the box office.
Just to clarify that we will no longer be appearing in hotels or bars.
Thanks all for your continued support and we hope to see you at the new show!

i love the beach
05-12-2011, 21:46
So your last night will be Thursday 15th December Theatre Bar ? Have I got that right lol ?

Zara
05-12-2011, 22:09
I'll be at the pre-opening on 16th so looking forward to seeing the new set up and layout.

uptowngirl
06-12-2011, 02:23
You will be marvellous darlings///////////////////////////////// I KNOW xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

canarianchicken
06-12-2011, 06:00
I'll be at the pre-opening on 16th so looking forward to seeing the new set up and layout.

Preopening....... news to me! xx

no6bus
06-12-2011, 09:54
got back from tenerife last night and came home disappointed, sat in the entertainment area of the fiesta floral hotel in playa paraiso waiting for bitter and twisted, and got bloody abba fever, gutted is not the word.
best of luck in your new venture will have to come to the show when we are over next

Zara
06-12-2011, 10:29
Preopening....... news to me! xx

apparently it's invite only - maybe yours is in the post :laugh:

butterfly
06-12-2011, 21:40
On a Wednesday night at 9:30 pm, they are the Pearly Grey Hotel in Callao Salvaje, John is now performing with a new partner and they are fabulous! a must see

Added after 3 minutes:

They are preforming at the Hotel Pearly Grey in Callao Salvaje on Wednesday nights, John has a new partner performing with him and they are excellent as well. a must see show! start at 9 30 pm

katsmeow
28-12-2011, 17:08
Went upto San Eugenio yesterday to see the posters were down for Bitter and Twisted.. Wanted to go and see them whilst here. Where is this place?? Vivo in Treasure Island (formerly Pleasure Island)??

Thanks

Bitter & Twisted are coming off the cabaret circuit in Tenerife from 15th December. Our final bar show will be at the Theatre and it will be an extravaganza.
DON'T MISS IT!!!!
From Saturday 17th December Bitter & Twisted & the Decades dancers will be starring at Vivo in Treasure Island (formerly Pleasure Island)
This is an excursion show with a quality meal and various prices for different packages.
Tickets now available from the box office.
Just to clarify that we will no longer be appearing in hotels or bars.
Thanks all for your continued support and we hope to see you at the new show!

slodgedad
28-12-2011, 18:21
If you are walking from San Eugenio it is on the left after you pass Veronicas, on the same side of the road as Starco.