PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife 2012 Budget

Canarian Weekly
03-01-2012, 15:20
The Tenerife Cabildo approved the coming year’s budget last Friday. The amount is 670 million euros, a 2.2 % rise on the previous year. Despite the economic recession expected in the 1st half of the year, provisions show stability as long as the tourist sector is maintained.

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/tenerife-2012-budget/)

willowlily
03-01-2012, 16:14
The Tenerife Cabildo approved the coming year’s budget last Friday. The amount is 670 million euros, a 2.2 % rise on the previous year. Despite the economic recession expected in the 1st half of the year, provisions show stability as long as the tourist sector is maintained.

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/tenerife-2012-budget/)

i suppose with inflation at 5% plus it is technically a drop in spending still it could be worse as it will on the mainland but as you say tenerife has to maintian a possitive outlook being dependant on tourism

gsc
03-01-2012, 17:51
I wonder how much the Egypt situation will affect tourism. Sharm will die a death if things go the way of this article:

"But the Muslim Brotherhood, which won in the first round of parliamentary elections last month, has a vision for a 'sin-free' Sharm el Sheik, a popular Red Sea resort, saying: "Tourists don't need to drink alcohol when they come to Egypt; they have plenty at home.
"They came to see the ancient civilisation, not to drink alcohol."
Another fundamentalist party in the running is Al-Nour, a group of Salafi Muslims who are clear in their objection to alcohol and bikinis.
According to the Daily Mail, they are also unsure whether unmarried couples should be allowed to share the same hotel room.
What's more, influential cleric Yasser Bourhami has called for 'halal tourism' - which includes restrictions on Westerners.
He shared his thoughts with private television network Dream TV, saying: "A five-star hotel with no alcohol, a beach for women - sisters - separated from men in a bay where the two sides can enjoy a vacation for a week without sins."

willowlily
03-01-2012, 17:59
[QUOTE=gsc;132118]I wonder how much the Egypt situation will affect tourism. Sharm will die a death if things go the way of this article:

"But the Muslim Brotherhood, which won in the first round of parliamentary elections last month, has a vision for a 'sin-free' Sharm el Sheik, a popular Red Sea resort, saying: "Tourists don't need to drink alcohol when they come to Egypt; they have plenty at home.
"They came to see the ancient civilisation, not to drink alcohol."
Another fundamentalist party in the running is Al-Nour, a group of Salafi Muslims who are clear in their objection to alcohol and bikinis.
According to the Daily Mail, they are also unsure whether unmarried couples should be allowed to share the same hotel room.
What's more, influential cleric Yasser Bourhami has called for 'halal tourism' - which includes restrictions on Westerners.
He shared his thoughts with private television network Dream TV, saying: "A five-star hotel with no alcohol, a beach for women - sisters - separated from men in a bay where the two sides can enjoy a vacation for a week without sins."[/QUOTe

every muslim lead country can kiss goodbye to the sun,sea and sand tourism. only academics wishing to examine and ponder on their antiquites will have any interest in these places accompanied by 24 hour armed bodyguards as de-riguer.
GOD BLESS TENERIFE

gsc
03-01-2012, 18:09
I can't believe anyone is naive enough to think people go to Sharm for ancient civilisation and not drink. Almost every resort is all-inclusive and many never leave the resort.

Dave and I were actually in the process of buying some land in Luxor when the revolution kicked off. I said we should go ahead as no way would they go 'anti-westerners' because of the tourism. How wrong was I????? I love Luxor - and Sharm has it's place for sun sand and sea - but we've bought in Tenerife now. That says it all.

I'm guessing the Canaries will see much of the Egypt trade now, especially when the weather dips in Spain, Cyprus etc.

jogger321
03-01-2012, 19:08
Perhaps in a few years the "Animacion" teams in Sharm el Sheik will be able to organise for the few visiting tourists rock throwing competitions to see if you can hit the entrance to the cave and "Guess whose behind the Burka" competitions on the beach?

Dave Seddon
06-01-2012, 15:09
Cuts are having to be made by all european countries

colin7777
07-01-2012, 00:12
Is the income and expenditure of the Canary Islands shared between all of them or does each one run independent of each other.
Is there a positive or negative cash-flow between the Islands and Mainland Spain.