PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE! Spanish credit card fraud by text message

sunseeker
03-01-2012, 17:48
ive just received a text message saying the following :

estimado cliente, su tarjeta visa ha sido bloqueada por su seguridad. para desbloquear su tarjeta vaya porfavor a cardcredito.net y complete los pasos.

this translates roughly as :

dear client, your visa card has been blocked for your security. to unblock your card please go to cardcredito.net and complete the stages.

if you go to cardcredito.net its a plain page that asks for all your card and personal details.

if you get this text message do NOT fill in this page at any cost or they will be able to access your card and take out all your money.

who can i report this fraud to? i want to send the message to the police to track it. can i do this?

i smelt a rat because i dont even own a credit card let alone a visa card :)

gsc
03-01-2012, 18:21
Well it's probabaly a total waste of time doing anything other than making a mental note not to fall for these things, to be honest. Sad but true. If you have friends that you think might fall for it - it's worth passing the info on. However it's much as with emails fraud - learn to spot them and try and apply common sense logic.

Balcony
03-01-2012, 18:28
Simply delete this kind of stuff without reading it and don't give a moment's thought to it.

I get several emails daily telling me my (non-existent) accounts with several accounst need unblocking etc etc.

chocaholic
03-01-2012, 19:30
Report to reportphishing@apwg they will get siteclosed down

life is short
03-01-2012, 20:38
ive just received a text message saying the following :

this translates roughly as :

if you go to cardcredito.net its a plain page that asks for all your card and personal details.

if you get this text message do NOT fill in this page at any cost or they will be able to access your card and take out all your money.

who can i report this fraud to? i want to send the message to the police to track it. can i do this?

i smelt a rat because i dont even own a credit card let alone a visa card :)

Please do not, under any circumstances, give private/personal/password details to anyone asking for these. Your bank would never ever send you a text or email requesting this information (or phone you either). If in any doubt, contact your bank direct.

jack oakley
04-01-2012, 02:04
The sad and frightening fact about this scam is that most of us are quite "savvy" and will identify it immediately, but the fraudsters operate by the "Barnham method" in other words "there's one born every minute", for every hundred contacts they send it to one or two will respond. We all have seen how the time share con-bods work, i have stood in awe and watched these insidious low-lifes ploy their schpeill...."Hi you two i am just doing a holiday survey, can you spare a minute?" . Ten couples will ignore them, one will fall into their trap, but thats all it needs. So if you get a message like this don't ignore it REPORT it, scam merchants are a cancer and need irradicating. Jack.O..............