PDA

View Full Version : Court has ruled on unpaid Community charges but nothing happens!

BoPeep
04-01-2012, 11:09
We have several people within our community who have been taken to Court for not paying their community charges.

We have won the cases and the Spanish people have paid, the English have not! The Court has put an embargo on property but nothing seems to be happening.

Does anyone know if there is an office somewhere that deals with inaction from the Courts to complete the embargoes, we have paid all the charges but nothing has happened since July.

Please pm me for any more details.

Thanks

doreen
04-01-2012, 11:27
When you say "inaction", I'm not sure what you mean ... if embargoes are issued, they stay attached to the property which then cannot be sold until this embargo is paid off ... if you want to go further and try to force the sale of the property to pay the embargo, I believe you will have to get your lawyers to start a new process.

Peterrayner
04-01-2012, 13:11
When you say "inaction", I'm not sure what you mean ... if embargoes are issued, they stay attached to the property which then cannot be sold until this embargo is paid off ... if you want to go further and try to force the sale of the property to pay the embargo, I believe you will have to get your lawyers to start a new process.

Be careful in enforcing the sale of an embargoed property.

We did this on a small community against the owner of a large garage area under our complex. The property failed to sell at auction so the community is now deemed to be the owner of the property which has resulted in the loss of the community fees owning and we are now liable for a large charge for the resulting purchase tax. CRAZY ?????????

seanocelt
04-01-2012, 14:17
Be careful in enforcing the sale of an embargoed property.

We did this on a small community against the owner of a large garage area under our complex. The property failed to sell at auction so the community is now deemed to be the owner of the property which has resulted in the loss of the community fees owning and we are now liable for a large charge for the resulting purchase tax. CRAZY ?????????

NUTS!! Had similar experience in the UK though.