PDA

View Full Version : Other Can you sell Los Cristianos, Tenerife, to us as a holiday destination?

kingkenny
04-01-2012, 20:07
Hi All
New to this forum and sorry if posted in wrong place.We are a family of 4 who for the past 6 years have holidayed in Turkey. Now the children are a little older (11 and 13)the older one in particular feels she wants a change!We do love Turkey,the people the scenery and last but not least the value for money but maybe now its time for a change! We have been looking long and hard at Los christianos and the more I research the more i quite fancy it .So could anyone on this forum help make our minds up.Tips on where to stay and prices on trips and meals out and what it has to offer us .We usually do a three week holiday would there be enough to do things to see etc.?Have been looking a cristian sur,Park royale apts and castle harbour any recommendations.Sorry bit longwinded but ccould go on and on.
Many thanks

9PLUS
04-01-2012, 20:25
The only problem with Turkey is, it's full of __________

x

pablo1
04-01-2012, 20:47
Sell you Los Cristianos ? Go on then, you can have it for 50 euros and a packet of salt and vinegar hula hoops, though you'll have to be quick because I have at least one other person interested...

warbey
04-01-2012, 20:53
We go back for more, Year in Year out. So do many others.
There is about 3 miles of Coast with a Pathway along, leading to Las Americas and beyond.
A good Bus Service with prepaid Tickets if You like (cheaper),
or Taxis too.
There are a couple of steepish Hills at the far end, so keep in mind..
You will love it..
so will the Youngsters.

Sal
04-01-2012, 21:10
We too go back year after year to Los Cristianos. There are plenty of private rentals if that's your thing: www.ownersdirect.co.uk or www.holidaylettings.co.uk
Lots of good restaurants for all budgets and no noisy clubbers rolling in at 5am.
Good clean beaches too.

I would be amazed if with a young family you didn't love it!

s1monsg
06-01-2012, 16:21
I think that Los Cristianos is great, it has a bit of everything. It's close to Las Americas if you want the night club scene and far enough away of you don't in fact you said you have youngish children, so you won't be going down there. The town has a great vibe, it's easy to get to all of the attractions - Siam Park, Loro Parque (not local, but easy to get to), Eagle Park, Aqua Park...it's all around. It has a main bus station where you are able to get buses all over the island too, up to Santa Cruz the capital city...that's a great day out in itself....that's where Lord Nelson lost his arm while the Brits were trying to attack the city...just a bit of historical info for you...!!! The town of Los Cristianos itself has everything that you would expect plus 2 beautiful beaches of golden sand, a walk along the coast brings you to the Safari shopping centre...and all of the stores that you could wish for, clothes stores, perfume, sunglasses, sports, tobacco and alcohol...some lovely restaurants, although dearer than back in the town itself. The Sunday market is just along the road from wherever you are staying, but as one poster did mention, you might want to be careful of the hills. It can be a bit of a walk up them after a night out. If you don't want the hills, then I would suggest Cristian Sur out of the 3 complexes that you have mentioned, it is on the flat into town...only about a 5 minute walk into the town itself and a 10 minute walk to the main beach. Lovely restaurants and bars on the beach front here in Los Cristianos too, have a look on the forum as I remember a thread about members favourite restaurants here too...one of my favourites has got to be El Cine...a bit difficult to find...but then again anything worthwhile takes a bit of work...lol..!!! Let me know if you want to find out.

Finally why should I just try and sell you Los Cristianos, Tenerife is an island, it would take 3 hours to drive round the whole circumference...what I am saying is...don't just come and stay in Los Cristianos...come to the island and enjoy the whole thing especially for 3 weeks, you'll have loads to do.

I hope that's made your mind up for you and if you do come, let us know how you get on.

emskie
06-01-2012, 17:23
Have a look at www.tenerifesunshine.com to get an idea of the prices of trips.

There is something to do every day of your holiday in Tenerife!

Margaretta
06-01-2012, 17:39
It's the charm and warmth of the town which attracts so many and the lovely scenery of the hills around the beaches, the blue/turquoise sea, the tranquil, laid-back ambiance, ease of strolling along the wide promenade, flowering trees and plants, delicious cooking smells from the many restaurants, varied ice creams and smiles.
There are some tall hotel buildings such as the Costamar and Princesa Dacil but it is not a concrete jungle like Las Americas. There is also an olde worlde feel to the stone steps and tiny shops clustered between the harbour and the church and beyond. It's a colourful, happy multicultural place both in what you can buy and the people living and holidaying there.
As the previous poster stated so eloquently, the island is so diverse in it's geography, history, scenery, food and micro climates that you could not possibly be bored. We have been visiting for thirty+ years and still have much of the island to explore properly. Many different groups of friends who have holidayed with us have come back again and again...in fact we rarely have a chance to holiday alone but that's fun!
Take a chance...as long as you don't blame us if it doesn't appeal. I'm sure it will.

kingkenny
07-01-2012, 13:26
Hi All
Thanks very for the very useful replies(some not so useful,god how i laughed!!!)Thanks very much to zara who pmd loads of useful info.Due to the information you all posted we are a little closer to booking our first holiday in Tenerife,and if we do will definitely post again and let anyone who is interested know.
thanks again