PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Entertainer looking for work

Dave Social
05-01-2012, 14:36
Hi, know this is normaly the case of look for work out there, but I like to work in advance especially when my line of work is mostly getting bookings months in advance over here.
Hope not to upset any other entertainers out there because... 'yet another entertainer is coming over', as I know times are bad like here in the UK. There are many entertainers struggling to find work I know. Infact I wish to make friends with other entertainers on the island. It's good working as a team.
Anyway here we go.....

Looking for work in Hotels, bars & restaurants in the South of the island in the areas of Los Cristiano’s and Las Americas, Costa del Silencio, Golf del Sur.

I’m Available from 9th April 2012.

I take your customers back in time to the Smooth sounds of the 70's & 80's, performing songs from some of the world’s greatest Singer songwriters & bands such as... The Bee Gees , E L O, Carol King, James Taylor, The Eagles, Neil Young, Crosby Stills & Nash, David Soul, John Lennon, Eruption, Paul Carrack, and many more!

Have full PA equipment if required can do two full sets of 45 minutes.

Full contact details found on my website, you can even have a listen to me performing.
I’m looking forward to performing on the Island and working alongside with other fellow Artistes.

MummyJ
05-01-2012, 15:37
check out tenerife entertainers available on facebook

This is were bars / comperes / musicans advertise when looking for work or when a bar has available slots

hope this helps

grumps
06-01-2012, 03:41
Hi Dave...Welcome to the world of being offered 30 euros a night and being cancelled after you turn up for work..:hello:

Dave Social
06-01-2012, 05:49
Unfortunately it's the same over here in the uk infact across the world. Money is tight. Wages in normal day to day jobs don't increase now. Someone loses a job the employer then pays the next employee less and they get them to work longer hours. That's life, that's the way it is. And it's the same in the entertainment business. We just have to grin and bare it and work as hard as we can. I just look forward to getting away from this wet cold rainy country and enjoying the rest of my life in Tenerife from April. You take care my friend. Dave

Thanks mummyJ. Much appreciated

gsc
06-01-2012, 07:30
Hi Dave

We've just bought in Los Abrigos so maybe I will see you around some time. Good Luck with your hunt. The chap we bought from (called Dave also, as is my husband - way too many Dave's!) is also looking for work as an entertainer but I gather it's tough.

Gay

Muppet
06-01-2012, 12:55
It's been said many times before, but unless you are working for an agency you won't get anywhere near a hotel and as you can imagine getting on an agents books, along with the hundreds of others is not easy - unless of course you have a unique and spectacular act.

Bars and so on will need you to be legal - properly self employed since work inspectors are out there in force these days. You will need to take advice on how registration works and be aware that it is expensive to work as self employed.

Don't blame you wanting to escape the cold though !

tracy hampshire
06-01-2012, 17:50
look on facebook, residents of tenerife, just seen some one looking for an entertainer, only one night a week & unfortunately didn't say where, but maybe worth a try .

Ecky Thump
06-01-2012, 18:00
Dave
I have tried both of your web sites and neither of the are links are working???

40 minutes later and both links now working. and the wife says if you get a job in Tenerife we will come and listen to you.:)

sunseeker
06-01-2012, 20:26
It's been said many times before, but unless you are working for an agency you won't get anywhere near a hotel and as you can imagine getting on an agents books, along with the hundreds of others is not easy - unless of course you have a unique and spectacular act.

pity. tenerife cud do with some new acts. a lot of the curent ones have been doing the same act for years. i dont bother going out anymore because ive seen it all before.

Muppet
07-01-2012, 09:31
I don't disagree, but it is the case that generally hotels have deals with Agencies to provide their entertainment, who in turn have their entertainers on contract so as to keep on the right side of employment law. The point I was making is that the way into hotels is via an Agent and the key is to get onto their books which, assuming the OP has something new to offer, is the way forward, otherwise "Grumps" post above is pretty spot on the mark.