PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mods... When will the Christmas theme be taken off the forum?

MaxineC
05-01-2012, 19:07
... When are you going to remove this 'festive snow themed' forum skin? 1) This is a Tenerife based forum, so we don't have this sort of Christmas. 2) Christmas has finished

Thank you

Kind Regards

Mrs Maxine Grinch

KirstyJay
05-01-2012, 19:11
Christmas officially finishes on the 6th January, which is tomorrow. So either deal with it, or change back to the default theme in your own settings. You can do this easily using the drop down style selector at the very bottom of the forum. :p

Bah humbug ;)

primrose
05-01-2012, 19:11
... When are you going to remove this 'festive snow themed' forum skin? 1) This is a Tenerife based forum, so we don't have this sort of Christmas. 2) Christmas has finished

Thank you

Kind Regards

Mrs Maxine Grinch

Just go down to Default style and you can remove it.

cainaries
05-01-2012, 19:16

Thank you

Kind Regards

Mrs Maxine Grinch

Dear Mrs. Grinch

Don't they have Reyes in Tenerife!? I'll bet there's a Cabalgete near you somewhere right now.

Ecky Thump
05-01-2012, 19:27

Thank you

Kind Regards

Mrs Maxine Grinch

I thought that you as a good Christian would be celebrating Christmas until the 9th January which is when the feast[ (much booze and food) of the Black Nazerine is held or the Santo Nino de Cebu feast which is on the third Sunday of January, where again you can celebrate with more food and booze!:D

MaxineC
05-01-2012, 21:04
Christmas, New Year and any other festive poo and go insert itself up its own backside.... I've had enough. I've tried to make it a jolly time, but all I've had is crap. So, I've joined the 'If you can't beat them tell them to bog off' brigade... #thatsall :(

Anyway, since when did Christmas end on the 9th...???

Added after 18 minutes:

Ha! Stuff you Christmas, I'm back to normal.... :raspberry2:

KirstyJay
05-01-2012, 23:15
Anyway, since when did Christmas end on the 9th...???I said the 6th, not the 9th. 6th Jan is Epiphany and The official end of the Christmas holidays, exactly 12 days after Xmas Day... hence the song, the '12 days of Christmas.'

As a good catholic girl, you should have known all this ;) :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_%28holiday%29

MaxineC
05-01-2012, 23:23
I was reading it whilst standing on my head, hence it looked like the 9th.... And yes, I'm the stereotypical good catholic girl - ask the nuns that had me expelled!!

ps: Did you and the girls enjoy your Christmas day at my house, as you've never mentioned it since... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KirstyJay
05-01-2012, 23:39
Yes, it was lovely. Nice to spend time with friends. Had a great family new year... not. :)

Tell your hubby to put his skype on some time if he wants to call ;)

timmylish
06-01-2012, 02:00
Anyway, all you "good Catholic girls/people" should well know that Xmas is being celebrated 2 weeks early because of the change adopted by that interfering auld Pope Gregory! Hence Gregorian calendar as opposed to the original Julian which is still adhered to by those of the "Orthodox and true Christian beliefs"
Since I,m not religous I know a bit about all of this stuff.

MaxineC
06-01-2012, 02:05
Our new year was a bit of a damp squid too, expensive, but a damp squid all the same... Remind me not to go for a 100€ a head meal again, just got bad heartburn, couldn't get a cab and was nearly 300€ lighter for the privilege! :(

He's a sod, reckons he's so popular that if he shows he's online he gets inundated with people wanting to talk to him (illusions of popularity!) then moans like hell nobody answers him... Typical bloke - Bloody useless!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed Christmas day, I certainly did. So much for worrying there wouldn't be enough food, it fed us for over a week... Still got a Christmas pudding for 12 here that needs demolishing, you up for it? :D Have you seen the pics, a really cute one of the girls at their private table... :)

cainaries
06-01-2012, 23:33
OK, Maxine, now ... yes ... in about 90 minutes .... the Christmas theme should be removed!

If you've got Christmas pudding going spare then I'll live with the Christmas theme on the Forum for a while if I get a slice of pud! With brandy butter, obviously.

Ian55
06-01-2012, 23:38
We, the Mod team have decided that we like the Xmas theme so much its gonna stay :whistle: unless the members bribe us with load's of Euro's :whistle:

Santiago
06-01-2012, 23:59
We, the Mod team have decided that we like the Xmas theme so much its gonna stay :whistle: unless the members bribe us with load's of Euro's :whistle:

That's okay, you can have shed loads of Euro's soon - when it goes bust!

Santiago
07-01-2012, 17:25

So now you've taken it off - how about a nice picture instead?

henry
07-01-2012, 17:47
So now you've taken it off - how about a nice picture instead? like mount teide in the background or something??

tonypub
07-01-2012, 21:02
easter is early this year so lets have an easter theme,tesco got easter eggs in so it will be acceptable

henry
07-01-2012, 22:05
easter is early this year so lets have an easter theme,tesco got easter eggs in so it will be acceptable you forgot valentine day, st.patricks, groundhog day etc tony!!!

Goforgold
07-01-2012, 22:07
you forgot valentine day, st.patricks, groundhog day etc tony!!!

I watched Groundhog Day again at Christmas!!! ;)

henry
07-01-2012, 22:11
how bout for febuarday month. to celebreating black history month. just a idea?

doreen
07-01-2012, 23:23
We seem to have a bug on the forum today and I wonder is it connected to the changeover .. 3 people so far have reported messages of their IP address being banned ... Mods and Admin notified

cainaries
08-01-2012, 00:14
you forgot valentine day, st.patricks, groundhog day etc tony!!!

Don't worry, henry, it really isn't all that long before Carnaval.