PDA

View Full Version : Other How do I denounce a bar in San Eugenio for noise?

sandra
05-01-2012, 20:13
Hi i want to denounce the bar they are playing lound music till 1030 am it is not a disco just a bar

sandra

garlicbread
05-01-2012, 20:39
Did you mean to say 01.30 (am) ?

Suej
05-01-2012, 22:16
Hi i want to denounce the bar they are playing lound music till 1030 am it is not a disco just a bar

sandra

I think bars are allowed to play music until midnight (maybe later in some areas!) Earplugs might be the answer!:)

Muppet
05-01-2012, 22:29
San where ???????

chris
05-01-2012, 23:01
San where ???????

san eugenio I presume?

sandra
06-01-2012, 01:33
yes i live and work in san eugenio the bar is spanish called arches semms they can do what they want dont know who owns it

timmylish
06-01-2012, 01:47
Fur Gawds sakes do you not know it the Three Kings to-night. One of Spain,s major fiestas. If you can find the polis they must not have kids! Anyways, earplugs all round and be glad you are staying in an Island Paradise.

Andy0210
06-01-2012, 01:55
Fur Gawds sakes do you not know it the Three Kings to-night. One of Spain,s major fiestas. If you can find the polis they must not have kids! Anyways, earplugs all round and be glad you are staying in an Island Paradise.

It must have been a problem before tonight as Sandra posted at 7 pm ish, which means they must have been playing it yesterday at the very least, for someone to post on here asking advice i guess it must be an ongoing problem as why would someone want to resort to denouncing someone for one nights lack of sleep???

seanocelt
06-01-2012, 03:39
I would like to know the process too, and repercussions people have had, so anyone who does know, please advise. Thanks, Sean.

junglejim
06-01-2012, 09:41
I would like to know the process too, and repercussions people have had, so anyone who does know, please advise. Thanks, Sean.
If I remember , the bar should have a licence showing the right to play music, for what time span and the allowable decibel level, especially if on a community property .
You can make a denuncia at police station or ,on phone ( there is a number somewhere on here) in English , the the police translate it and you sign it - they should then act on it .
it would be helpful if others around you complain as well .
My opinion is if it is 10.30 pm you're unlikely to get a response as we've been told don't complain unless it's after midnight ,though we did get some action when Flamingo were doing outdoor caberet last year and Russian Karaoke!

Sean, repercussions are anything from a fine, stopping music being played,closing bar for a night or months at a time !

Here's a link
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?133-Making-a-Denuncia-in-Tenerife

seanocelt
06-01-2012, 13:25
great info JJ thank you.

mike in chayofa
06-01-2012, 16:38
There will be an acceptable noise level that can be measured from outside the building by the police. They will investigate and take any appropriate action.

sandra
06-01-2012, 21:07
The bar i mentioned was playing music "all i could hear and feel was the thud of the Bass"

It was New Years Eve the bar opened at about 10.30 PM and didnt stop the music until 10.30 AM

i like a party like the rest of the world on new years eve but 10.30am was taking the p--s a bit.

It would be ok if the place was in the middle of nowhere but it is surrounded by apartments.

Sandra

warbey
06-01-2012, 21:49
If I remember , the bar should have a licence showing the right to play music, for what time span and the allowable decibel level, especially if on a community property .
You can make a denuncia at police station or ,on phone ( there is a number somewhere on here) in English , the the police translate it and you sign it - they should then act on it .
it would be helpful if others around you complain as well .
My opinion is if it is 10.30 pm you're unlikely to get a response as we've been told don't complain unless it's after midnight ,though we did get some action when Flamingo were doing outdoor caberet last year and Russian Karaoke!

Sean, repercussions are anything from a fine, stopping music being played,closing bar for a night or months at a time !

Here's a link
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?133-Making-a-Denuncia-in-Tenerife

How do You find out what is permitted. Difficult to ask at the Bar
or is it on record for the Police to access.

I am curious but this info, if available may help Others..
Thanks J.J.

Sundowner
06-01-2012, 21:50
If it's a one off forget and forgive if not denounce them!

sandra
06-01-2012, 22:03
It was not a one off it is every Friday night. I work in a resort reception and i have phoned the police on many occasions regarding complaints from people with small children trying to sleep. I have heard it is owned by ex police so i think they may be turning a blind eye to the complaints xx

timmylish
06-01-2012, 23:27
It must have been a problem before tonight as Sandra posted at 7 pm ish, which means they must have been playing it yesterday at the very least, for someone to post on here asking advice i guess it must be an ongoing problem as why would someone want to resort to denouncing someone for one nights lack of sleep???

Andy. Many thanks for you pointing this out to me. Much obliged. I have to say that since your "one giant step for mankind" into the technical world it seems you have become so much more attentive and I personally hereby recommend you for the next appointment of an official "Mod". I say this in the humblest of possible terms.

Andy0210
06-01-2012, 23:35
Andy. Many thanks for you pointing this out to me. Much obliged. I have to say that since your "one giant step for mankind" into the technical world it seems you have become so much more attentive and I personally hereby recommend you for the next appointment of an official "Mod". I say this in the humblest of possible terms.

Been there done that i doubt i would get past the staff room door again mate! ;)

junglejim
07-01-2012, 13:07
How do You find out what is permitted. Difficult to ask at the Bar
or is it on record for the Police to access.

I am curious but this info, if available may help Others..
Thanks J.J.

I think 45 decibels is the limit after 21:00 hrs - it's normally stipulated on their licence which should be available in bar if police come to check .
At new year I think you would not get much response to be honest.
There is another option I believe in Adeje Town Hall for complaints , an electronic option is available but in Spanish

https://www.ayuntamientodeadeje.es/siac/FormulariosAnonimos/ShowFormAnonimo.aspx?idProc=23&idnct=781&x=x4nrDvrusQYxv6ZL38%20uaA

atlantico
07-01-2012, 14:10
anyone have further info on the decibel readings and times etc that bars can play music.? I'm going to get a sound meter and check.

Sandra , stand outside waving one of these around with a clipboard in other hand - they may then turn music down !
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Digital-Sound-Level-Noise-Decibel-Monitor-Meter-DB-/110800989506?pt=UK_Consumer_Professional_RL&hash=item19cc40ed42

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH8OCI3BSoqsUiOUL4qKHUeQlnz33Kc lO-qp1pWsPKSQ-2rzi1

Suej
07-01-2012, 14:48
anyone have further info on the decibel readings and times etc that bars can play music.? I'm going to get a sound meter and check.

Sandra , stand outside waving one of these around with a clipboard in other hand - they may then turn music down !
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Digital-Sound-Level-Noise-Decibel-Monitor-Meter-DB-/110800989506?pt=UK_Consumer_Professional_RL&hash=item19cc40ed42

Hee Hee! what a good idea!

To OP! Would you think about asking other neighbours on the complex if they too are disturbed by the noise? if a few of you get together it might help! complain en-masse!:dontknow: