PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a slow cooker in Tenerife?

dixie4
06-01-2012, 10:28
On the Forum a while ago was a thread of where to buy a slow cooker.

You know the type of thing looks like a roasting pot but has its own power cable and cooking element.

I am in the North but I have a car and can travel.

Anyone help please?.

Stefan Dee
06-01-2012, 10:39
If you have a look on the www.tenebay.com website I have 3 or 4 listed on there along with lots of other small kitchen appliances. All items are Brand New in their boxes and carry a 12 month Guarantee. I deliver free of charge in the South but if your coming up from the North you can collect from my wharehouse in Buzanada, we are situated 2 mins from the TF1 motorway Jct 69 Southbound. Any items on Tenebay with Buzanada as their location are usually my listings. Hope we have what your looking for.

tracy hampshire
06-01-2012, 10:48
i just got one off amazon, really large choice and not expensive x

Suej
06-01-2012, 11:42
On the Forum a while ago was a thread of where to buy a slow cooker.

You know the type of thing looks like a roasting pot but has its own power cable and cooking element.

I am in the North but I have a car and can travel.

Anyone help please?.

If you just want to go to a shop and buy one CCAbora in El Camison, oppostite the Mercadona sell them (expensive I think around 60€!) they are the larger capacity models so maybe that´s why the price!;)

canarybird
06-01-2012, 12:38
Redisa in the north have always sold them. They have two shops....one in La Paz where you turn right to go to El Toscal and another in Los Jeronimos near the Renault showroom.

gazza
06-01-2012, 13:14
Got mine from next door to Iceland, Las Chafiras, Last stop shop i think it is called, only 26 euros

dixie4
06-01-2012, 13:18
Redisa in the north have always sold them. They have two shops....one in La Paz where you turn right to go to El Toscal and another in Los Jeronimos near the Renault showroom.

Hi Canarybird and thanks.

Could you be a little more specific where Redisa is in La Paz? I am not familiar with the name of the Redisa shop.

If they have what I want there it would save a trip to the South

Suej
06-01-2012, 13:56
Hi Canarybird and thanks.

Could you be a little more specific where Redisa is in La Paz? I am not familiar with the name of the Redisa shop.

If they have what I want there it would save a trip to the South

Didn´t realise you were in the North! have you tried MediaMarkt in SC?

canarybird
06-01-2012, 16:00
Yes, sorry I didn't give the addresses Dixie.
The smaller shop is the first one on this website linked below, which always has a good selection of home goods such as fridges, heaters, large and small appliances, as well as construction materials, kitchen and bathrooms, light bulbs and general hardware as well as garden supplies. I've been going there for years.

Here's their website on this link. (http://www.redisa.es/localizacion/)

To get there from eg. the Bel Air apartment building, take the right hand winding road as though you're going to go up to the Shell gas station, but shortly after the right turnoff to the municipal market (don't make that turnoff but stay on the main road) you see a turn to the right, pictured in the photo on their website. Turn right and then immediately left to park in front of the Redisa shop where you see 2 cars parked in the photo.

The second and much larger shop is in the Poligono Los Jeronimos (the area where El Campo is located), and it's just behind Hiperdino.
I would try the first shop as it's smaller and easier to find what you're looking for. They can always bring something from the other shop if they don't have one there.

If the directions aren't yet clear, please ask again. :)

BTW you'll be looking for..."una olla de cocción lenta". I see El Corte Ingles in Sta. Cruz has a Kenwood model online advertised for 60 Euros.

Canarybird

Suej
06-01-2012, 18:13
The smaller shop is the first one on this website linked below, which always has a good selection of home goods such as fridges, heaters, large and small appliances, as well as construction materials, kitchen and bathrooms, light bulbs and general hardware as well as garden supplies. I've been going there for years.

To get there from eg. the Bel Air apartment building, take the right hand winding road as though you're going to go up to the Shell gas station, but shortly after the right turnoff to the municipal market (don't make that turnoff but stay on the main road) you see a turn to the right, pictured in the photo on their website. Turn right and then immediately left to park in front of the Redisa shop where you see 2 cars parked in the photo.

The second and much larger shop is in the Poligono Los Jeronimos (the area where El Campo is located), and it's just behind Hiperdino.
I would try the first shop as it's smaller and easier to find what you're looking for. They can always bring something from the other shop if they don't have one there.

BTW you'll be looking for..."una olla de cocción lenta". I see El Corte Ingles in Sta. Cruz has a Kenwood model online advertised for 60 Euros.

Canarybird

I was trying to think of the make of the one I saw down here and it was Kenwood too! I have not seen any other model here and I was looking for ages in the South!

marbro8
06-01-2012, 18:29
if you want a slow cooker try the balu bar we waited an age for our food last time we were in there:crylaughing: sorry in advance just my daft humour:ashamed: x

dixie4
07-01-2012, 11:54

Canarybird

Fantastic directions thank you very much. Aiming to get up there before they close for the weekend.

princessmonika
07-01-2012, 15:44
it is called ONE STOP SHOP

canarybird
08-01-2012, 13:15
After checking out online the Spanish brands of electrical and kitchen goods that I'm familiar with, it would seem that slow cookers are not in vogue at present.
I think they have gone out of favour with manufacturers and are being replaced by rice cookers. Didn't know that many people were eating rice more than stews these days.

Still if nothing else shows up, there's always the Kenwood model at El Corte Ingles, if they still have them in stock. :)

Canarybird

Suej
13-01-2012, 13:07
As princessmonika has posted! For anyone who´s interested in buying a slow cooker in the South they do sell them at One Stop Home Shop in Las Chafiras 34€ They had them in stock yesterday!:)

carol & steve
01-07-2013, 01:54
Does anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy a slow cooker from please? :)