PDA

View Full Version : What is Las Caletillas / Candelaria like as a destination?

beerfan
07-01-2012, 02:07
Thinking of coming across to Tenerife again in the very near future. I've been looking at deals on the Interwebnettything and the resort of Las Caletillas is one that pops out at me (mainly because it's cheap). It's on the east side of the island so would be different from where we stopped last time in Puerto de la Cruz.

I'm not looking for English fried breakfasts, rowdy bars or Benidorm-style entertainment but would like some quiet places to have a few tanques of the local swamp-water in the evening along with something nice to eat afterwards.

I hear that Las Caletillas is fairly quiet but presumably buses into Candelaria run regularly?

So, can anyone give me their views?

All the best and thanks in advance! :)

bonitatime
07-01-2012, 14:03
The front is full of great bar/resturants which are full of locals in the summer. It is one of the places they go to unwind from Santa Cruz and La Laguna. I have not spent a great deal of time there but have friends who do.
There will be a bus service and you can look that up on www.titsa.com

Zara
07-01-2012, 17:19
There is a nice little article here http://www.tenerife.co.uk/las-caletillas/ where Andy who lives here tells you what it is like rather than the T.O.

beerfan
07-01-2012, 17:26
So it's worth a pop. Thanks a lot; I can stay there with confidence then. :)

Zara
07-01-2012, 17:41
I like it, but I have only ever been for a few hours to wander around, saunter into Candelaria and do a bit of shopping at the farmers market and the local cake store. It is quiet but if you want a restful holiday or are happy to hire a car and get around it is nice. 30 mins approx from the main resorts of the south and about 20 mins from Santa Cruz.