PDA

View Full Version : Windy Golf del Sur

polremy
07-01-2012, 15:41
We have had our own apartment for five years on the Golf.
The situation is excellent, being walking distance to numerous restaurants and very handy for the bus stop too. We don't play golf or bowls but, if we did, we would be very well placed for both of them.
We are really pleased with the residential complex we live on. It's well managed, in beautiful condition and and all our neighbours are very pleasant.
We love the apartment which is ground floor with a good garden, our own front door, only one bedroom but two bathrooms!
Just one bugbear - the wind!!!
We have just come back from Cristianos and it was perfectly still there. Here, however, there seems to have been breezy weather for weeks.
OH is now starting to drop hints that we should upsticks and move further up the west coast.
Thought I'd pick your brains - where is the best place to live if you like it sunny and calm but still want all the advantages I mentioned above? (apart from the golf and bowls which we can certainly live without)
Are there any complexes or whole areas which we should perhaps investigate?
The idea of selling and buying all over again fills me with dread but I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to have a look at other places.
Thanks.

Vortex Wake
07-01-2012, 16:28
I always love La Caleta :) , and its close for golfing and on a regular bus route.

atlantico
07-01-2012, 17:13
is this the wind caused by low flying aircraft ?? lol

Its the same as Silencio, because we're both out on the edge of land mass sticking out of Tenerife like a wart, we get the brunt of the wind - be grateful for it in summer though !

delderek
07-01-2012, 17:56
We have had our own apartment for five years on the Golf.
The situation is excellent, being walking distance to numerous restaurants and very handy for the bus stop too. We don't play golf or bowls but, if we did, we would be very well placed for both of them.
We are really pleased with the residential complex we live on. It's well managed, in beautiful condition and and all our neighbours are very pleasant.
We love the apartment which is ground floor with a good garden, our own front door, only one bedroom but two bathrooms!
Just one bugbear - the wind!!!
We have just come back from Cristianos and it was perfectly still there. Here, however, there seems to have been breezy weather for weeks.
OH is now starting to drop hints that we should upsticks and move further up the west coast.
Thought I'd pick your brains - where is the best place to live if you like it sunny and calm but still want all the advantages I mentioned above? (apart from the golf and bowls which we can certainly live without)
Are there any complexes or whole areas which we should perhaps investigate?
The idea of selling and buying all over again fills me with dread but I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to have a look at other places.
Thanks.

Have a look at Callao Salvaje. Property is cheap, and has a nice village feel about it, and very well sheltered from the prevailing NE winds, On a winters evening on the Golf when you need a fleece, you could be drinking outside a bar in a summer top.

polremy
07-01-2012, 18:47
Thanks to you both.
We are investigating both La Caleta and Callao Salvaje.
Might make an excuse to stay in a hotel in one of them while we get the feel for the place. (Well, our wedding anniversary is coming up anyway)
Anyone know VIME Callao Garden Hotel?
Is it quite centrally placed for having a look at different residential complexes?
I suppose local estate agents might be quite keen to pick us up and show us round anyway.
Any names of likely complexes or even areas to avoid would be most appreciated.
And, thanks again.

delderek
07-01-2012, 20:07
Thanks to you both.
We are investigating both La Caleta and Callao Salvaje.
Might make an excuse to stay in a hotel in one of them while we get the feel for the place. (Well, our wedding anniversary is coming up anyway)
Anyone know VIME Callao Garden Hotel?
Is it quite centrally placed for having a look at different residential complexes?
I suppose local estate agents might be quite keen to pick us up and show us round anyway.
Any names of likely complexes or even areas to avoid would be most appreciated.
And, thanks again.

Sueno Azul is a bit unique, it is not one large complex, but many different villas, duplexes, small apartment blocks, spread over a very large area, maximum on apartment blocks are 3 levels. Well worth a look.

polremy
07-01-2012, 20:46
Thanks for that.
Keep those replies coming por favor.

marbro8
07-01-2012, 21:13
Thanks for that.
Keep those replies coming por favor.have a look at the el mirador complex, we stay there twice a year and it is very well run, last time we were there they had some lovely well placed apartments for sale, they used to be quite expensive at about 150,000 euros for a 1 bed but in the current climate you may get one cheaper, send a pm to young golfer or cim on this forum and they will help you in any way they can, two great guys who will be able to give you good info on propertie's for sale in tenerife good look:)

polremy
07-01-2012, 21:27
Is that in Los Cris?
We were thinking of somewhere a bit more sort of residential.
Don't really fancy clubbing it!
Our ideal would be somewhere residential where we could spend the winter and get to know the neighbours and perhaps have one or two favourite restaurants for when we don't want to cook.

marbro8
07-01-2012, 21:47
Is that in Los Cris?
We were thinking of somewhere a bit more sort of residential.
Don't really fancy clubbing it!
Our ideal would be somewhere residential where we could spend the winter and get to know the neighbours and perhaps have one or two favourite restaurants for when we don't want to cook. yes it is in los cris near to the beverly hills and paradise park, probably not for you then it is touristic and just outside the complex there is about 6-7 bars a couple of indian and chinese restaurants, but it is residential and with the new laws on illegal letting? who knows,