PDA

View Full Version : Current weather in South Tenerife - reported by Forum Members - May 2011

CIM
29-05-2011, 14:04
Its a bit cloudy today, warm but muggy I think is a good description. A slight breeze near the coast.

Zara
29-05-2011, 14:16
Canīt quite make up it's mind, very cloudy about 10 mins ago but sun breaking through again now - was lovely first thing this morning.

Suej
29-05-2011, 14:29
I think itīs been really cloudy recently and doesnīt feel like nearly June, even had a few spots of rain up here yesterday! it seems the weather worldwide has gone mad:crazy:

Goforgold
29-05-2011, 15:16
Its a bit cloudy today, warm but muggy I think is a good description. A slight breeze near the coast.

What a lovely Avatar. :)

reggie
29-05-2011, 16:16
What a lovely Avatar. :)Its a baby, have you noticed same pointy bit of hair at the front, brill, nice one A,

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 16:20
Las Chafiras. 4.20 pm. Overcast, muggy and 25 C

theedge92
02-06-2011, 22:04
As long as the cloud f***s off in July, al be happy. :D

seanocelt
05-06-2011, 07:10
I have always used Wunderground for my forecasts. I see the BBC banner on this site has rain and heavy rain forecast, Wunderground does not, so.........do let us know if "Tenerife Sur " gets heavy rain or not. I find the BBC forecast in N. Ireland very cautious. Probably a legacy of Mr M Fish.

seanocelt
06-06-2011, 16:19
so, rain or not in the south today?

Suej
06-06-2011, 17:00
so, rain or not in the south today?

No rain...yet! I cannot remember such a cloudy dull May and Iīve been here 6 years:eek:

I find this one quite reliable!
http://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/arona-id38006

canarybird
06-06-2011, 17:28
Suej I've been using the Aenet forecasts for my Tenerife north weather reports all along but recently when they changed their URL, they also changed their location for temperature readings.

They're giving temps much lower than are actual at present.
No way are night temperatures down to 15°C at the moment so I wonder if they are reading from the airports or from the top of Teide!

I now go to local weather stations or the local TV stations for a temperature forecast and my own weather station thermometer for current readings.

They also predict clear sunny skies for local Puerto de la Cruz forecasts when the provincial forecasts say cloud and showers and seem to be more accurate.

Canarybird

frankmac
08-06-2011, 12:34
Coming to Tenerife for first time a week tomorrow. Staying in Los Cristianos area. Can anyone tell me if evenings/nights are warm enough for shorts and t shirts or is something heavier needed. Thanks
Frank

LindaD
08-06-2011, 12:44
Coming to Tenerife for first time a week tomorrow. Staying in Los Cristianos area. Can anyone tell me if evenings/nights are warm enough for shorts and t shirts or is something heavier needed. Thanks
Frank
We were there last month and although we took cardi's and long seeleved tops we never wore them - and that was at night!! Enjoy your holiday.

tracey
14-06-2011, 20:23
Thats hard to answer because if you live here, yesī, probably still need a cardy but if you are used to UK weather then maybe notī. been so long since I was in the UK I cant remember what it was like lol

JULES-VOX
17-06-2011, 17:33
Even in May when the weather was abnormally windy and hardly any sun coming through the clouds, it was still warm enough all night to walk around naked if you wanted to:crazy: