PDA

View Full Version : Concessionary travel for over 65's in Tenerife

murph133
08-01-2012, 11:36
Hi
I am sure its been asked before, so please be patient with me. Is there concessionary bus travel for non residents on Tenerife similar to the bus pass in UK, for the over 65's.
Thanks Murph

Zara
08-01-2012, 11:54
Hi
I am sure its been asked before, so please be patient with me. Is there concessionary bus travel for non residents on Tenerife similar to the bus pass in UK, for the over 65's.
Thanks Murph

There's the Bono card which is a discount for everyone not just pensioners.

I have read retired people can buy the Bono for €6.50 but it can only be used on Interurban and Metropolitan lines. And over 65s can get a Bono for use on urban lines but must submit photographs, ID, copy of Income and Pension - I would assume it is residents only.

I do know that even if you are over 65 in the UK and donīt have the special bus pass but are able to show them your passport to prove your age, you donīt get any discount on the buses.

tonypub
08-01-2012, 12:04
pm forum member ****** she has a bus pass,tut,i just couldnt do it x

cainaries
08-01-2012, 12:57
There's the Bono card which is a discount for everyone not just pensioners.

I have read retired people can buy the Bono for €6.50 but it can only be used on Interurban and Metropolitan lines. And over 65s can get a Bono for use on urban lines but must submit photographs, ID, copy of Income and Pension - I would assume it is residents only.

I do know that even if you are over 65 in the UK and donīt have the special bus pass but are able to show them your passport to prove your age, you donīt get any discount on the buses.
This is true! I am an OAP but not a British resident so I pay full fare in London when I visit (to the confusion of the ticket collectors). I am not too sure about this but I think you have to be resident in a London Borough in order to qualify for free or reduced travel fares.

Jackie
08-01-2012, 13:08
pm forum member ****** she has a bus pass,tut,i just couldnt do it x

Tony I so hope for your sake the forum member whose name you have starred out doesn't realise who you mean...

obs
08-01-2012, 13:41
I think she does !! :crylaughing::crylaughing: :hide:

Ecky Thump
08-01-2012, 13:50
This is true! I am an OAP but not a British resident so I pay full fare in London when I visit (to the confusion of the ticket collectors). I am not too sure about this but I think you have to be resident in a London Borough in order to qualify for free or reduced travel fares.

The whole system of concession passes in the UK is in a mess, with each authority responsible for their own terms of travel, as a example of this any person who has a English concession pass can travel free on buses throughout Scotland, but Scottish people cannot use theirs in England.:doh:

Skeggy
08-01-2012, 15:43
Absolute mess, from our town because the pass was issued in the County we can travel anytime but anyone whose pass was issued outside the County can only use them after 9:30. We have never had a problem in London but that may be due to the disinterest of the Drivers, most people have Oyster cards.

warbey
08-01-2012, 20:41
Strikes Me this is blatant Discrimination, as are some N.H.S. Systems of costing.

Good question though that I never thought to ask,

Welcome to the Forum Murph....

cainaries
08-01-2012, 21:08
Absolute mess, from our town because the pass was issued in the County we can travel anytime but anyone whose pass was issued outside the County can only use them after 9:30. We have never had a problem in London but that may be due to the disinterest of the Drivers, most people have Oyster cards.
I've got an Oyster for my trips back to London but I think (open to correction) that my OAP friends get better fares/offers/whatever because they live in a Greater London Borough.

Megaloo
08-01-2012, 21:59
I've got an Oyster for my trips back to London but I think (open to correction) that my OAP friends get better fares/offers/whatever because they live in a Greater London Borough.

Yes I think you are right the London Boroughs seem to have better deals than some just outside London.