PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Where can I buy mobile sim card in Golf Del Sur, Tenerife?

fritzy
08-01-2012, 14:46
Does anyone know where I can buy a mobile sim card in Golf del Sur or somewhere nearby. I have been looking at Ortel Mobile but have given up on that as no one seems to have much knowledge of it. Hits or Lebara cards would be OK. I would consider others. It is mainly to be used for voice calls to the UK. Thanks.

longtallalice
08-01-2012, 15:52
Hi try vodaphone shop at chafiras near macdonalds always very helpful

Susief
08-01-2012, 15:56
You can buy them from Premier, they have moved to Los Cris.
They do Mas Movil which are quite cheap to use.
You need to take your passport with you as id.
http://www.masmovil.es/index-eng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fritzy
08-01-2012, 15:59
Longtallalice, thanks, I will bare that one in mind. I think Vodafone are pretty good quality wise. It will be a good backstop if I cannot anything cheaper. I intend to do a fair bit of yakking though, so I hope to find a firm with cheaper rates to help keep costs down.

Added after 47 minutes:

I forgot to mention I am looking for a PAYG sim.

ruggernutter
08-01-2012, 17:57
go and see victor,at the indian shop on san blas middle square he does them all, its opposite the plaza restraunt open from 10am till 10pm

tfs1
08-01-2012, 19:39
I talk for hours when we are away from the UK (approx 9 months of the year) and pleased that I got a Lycamobile SIM PAYG in mainland Spain last year and use it in Spain and Tenerife to call home. Lycamobile.es are the 'lowcost' arm of Movistar.

http://www.lycamobile.es/

Costs are a reasonable 30c for the connection fee and currently 3c / min to UK landline and 15c/min to UK mobiles.

When you load your SIM you currently get 50% more value ie load 20€ and they credit your account with an extra 10€. You can setup an online account to see the calls etc. Balances from your mobile are free.

Sorry cant tell you where to get a SIM in Tenerife but on our last visit just before Christmas saw a guy with Lycamobile jumper on with a bundle of 'CD' size packs which will include the SIM etc, last year I paid 6€ for the SIM and got that as a credit.

As with all SIMs now you need to register etc etc. I needed passport etc. Simple process to go through and good value.

Good hunting

redarrow
09-01-2012, 18:53
I have some of these sims left. 10 euros with 7.50 credit loaded. No registration needed.

fritzy
02-02-2012, 17:29
Just thought I would update this thread for the info of anyone searching. I eventually took Ruggernutters advice and visited the shop he recomended in San Blas. The Chap there only admitted to having Hits mobile sims. Said all the Brits around this area used them. He was friendly and helpfull. He didn't know the rates Hits charge though. I bought a sim for 12euro with ten euro credit on it.

Hits has an english language web page which is helpfull but not perfect. There are a few different PAYG tarriffs. I assume I am on a default one, but I don't know which one that is. I have not enquired by phone with Hits as all the rates seem OK, and for the moment I have kept putting off making that call. Calls to UK start at less than 6p per minute landline and 16P to a UK mobile Number. If I remember correctly the other tarriffs are only a little more. I'd scribbled down 6.8P and 18p previously when researching Hits. Data is 5 cents per mb.

Overall I am happy with the reception and everything.

Incidently I saw a Lycamobile shop near the Bus stops/Taxi rank area (where the bus turns around) near TenBell.

Thanks to all who helped.