PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Decision Time- Hits Mobile or Mas Movil in Tenerife?

seanocelt
08-01-2012, 19:03
We have a phone each, im on Movistar, wife on Lebara, both PAYG. Lebara has been good for calling home to UK and Ireland but Skype just as good. SO; we text each other from work now and then, and dont need to make many calls Whats best for minimal top up rules/frequency? I see Hits offer free calls between 2 phones up to 5 mins, but heard the reception is poor. Any members got an opinion? Thanks, Sean.

Obviously title should be Hits Mobile not Mibile!

Susief
08-01-2012, 19:29
We have a PAYG Mas Movil phone. Not had any problem with it and just top up online every few months!
Reception on it is better than my T-mobile/Orange contract phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deano
08-01-2012, 19:51
im with HITS and never had problems with reception, i was on the understanding they use the vodafone antennas? if u get the right tariff then cheap to phone back to uk landline too.

Megaloo
08-01-2012, 22:17
I am now with hits and it is fine reception good I use it a lot between friends who have hits, need to top up every 3 months, I think .

DOREEN QUINN
09-01-2012, 01:17
I am with Mas Movil and iTs great and reception far better than Movistar, Has saved me a fortune too on PAYG !!

seanocelt
09-01-2012, 02:03
Brilliant folks thanks for input. (Doreen, i agreee, PAYG with Movistar isnt a long term good thing!)

Added after 11 Hours 41 minutes:

Guys on Hits, did you sign up PAYG online or use a shop to get sim?

chifleta
09-01-2012, 16:22
been using HITS for a while now, never any probs with signal, even when i'm in UK calling OH back here, and texts to UK mobiles are only 29cents compared with 60c with Movi-ladrones... um Movistar.... sorry, confused name for a minute.... I just pop in to any shop that has the top up machine ....

seanocelt
09-01-2012, 18:18
Im about to sign up online, sims come in post a week later. Anyone know if i then need to get phone unlocked or is that part of the process and why it takes a week?

chifleta
09-01-2012, 19:12
Im about to sign up online, sims come in post a week later. Anyone know if i then need to get phone unlocked or is that part of the process and why it takes a week?

to tell the truth I can't remember how long it took to change it all over, we went up to Adeje to Dial Direct and they sorted it for us (i'll give you my OH name so you can say we recommended you go up there hehehe), though we did have to pay Movi-ladrones to get out of our contracts, and also to get our phones unlocked grrr, but it was well worth it I can tell you :)

seanocelt
09-01-2012, 19:17
Ah....contract phone! My Movistar is thankfully PAYG but im unsure if that means it will need unlocked.

chifleta
09-01-2012, 19:59
yeah I know :cry: and my OH is Spanish and got conned LOL 120€ to get out of our contracts for 3 mobiles, plus another 20'ish € to unlock two of the phones, but at least we're saving approx. 15-20€ per month PER PHONE on bills...... and now we get what we wanted, free or cheap calls/texts between the three of us, and not being penalised for not using it enough grrrrr still riles me how OH let Movistar rip us off for sooooooo long........ and breaaaaaaaaaath :spin:

Arona1
09-01-2012, 20:24

If need to unblock your phone, the is a kiosk in the Gran Sur shopping centre, will do for about €15, I changed to HITS and it is much cheaper than movistar,

Megaloo
09-01-2012, 20:33
I bought my sim at the Hits shop got card straight away but had to wait a week because I wanted to keep the number I had from Vodaphone but if you are prepared to take have the number on the new sim theere is no waiting, as my Son bought one to use here when he came over and put it in straight away. I did have to pay 12 Euros to unlock mine from Vodaphone, but well worth it. I save a lot of money now with Hits.