PDA

View Full Version : Mini-derby Vecindario vs CD Tenerife Sunday @ 5pm

Fred Perry
09-01-2012, 13:51
SUNDAY 15TH JAN - KICK OFF 5PM

UD VECINDARIO vs CD TENERIFE

Live on TV Canaria

Still unclear how many CDT fans are travelling over to Gran Canaria for the match. The 5pm kick off switch has made travel very difficult as there are no return ferrys available late Sunday.

bonitatime
09-01-2012, 16:37
Looking at talk on the forums and in Santa Cruz I think there will be about 500 or so fans. It should be a good day out.

duracell290
09-01-2012, 18:12
Hopefully after yesterdays good result and I presume good performance, we can push on and win next weekend. We really do need to keep winning as there is a gap forming at the top of the table, 6 pts behind RMC and 3 behind Lugo, so cant really allow that gap get any wider.

Maybe Fred or anyone else can explain to us lesser mortals the complxity that is promotion places and play off places in this division. Thanks, cant make the away trip but will be on the bus 22nd.

Fred Perry
09-01-2012, 19:15
Basically promotion rules are as follows; Only four teams out of eighty will finally be promoted to Spanish division 2.
The four regional group winners (CD Tenerife play in Group 1) will play two finals (of two legs). If you win that final game you are promoted directly. So that is two places sorted.

If you lose that final game you atleast have the fallback of returning into the play-offs. Then you will have to play another six matches to claim a promotion place. It is better explained here on page 2 of the Armada Sur programme
http://issuu.com/armadasur/docs/newssheet2pdf?mode=window&pageNumber=1

So, obviously it is alot better to win the league but the top four all have a chance to go up. Play-offs start a week after the final league game, so around 20th May.

bonitatime
09-01-2012, 21:49
Play offs.
The first of each group(4 groups) play against one of the other winners in a 2 legged match and the two winners go up directly to 2a.
The second third and forth are then drawn against each other, not with the teams in your group( this could be an advantage) and play one round which is 2 legged the winners of these matches are joined by the losers of the first place games and play each other again two legged. And the winners of this play each other leaving 2 teams who then go up. From this you can see the importance of coming first in your group.

duracell290
09-01-2012, 23:26
Thanks lads nicely clarified. So as I was saying we need to push on and close this gap. 1st is a lot easier playoff than 2 3 or 4. Come on CTD lets get it sorted.

gazza
11-01-2012, 09:03
for those who do not know this is from the Binter web site regarding baggage:
Apart from the checked-in bagagge, the passenger is allowed to take one piece of hand baggage provided that it does not exceed 6kg of weight, and that the maximum size does not exceed 22 x 33 x 44 cm. In the case that the hand baggage does not fulfill any of these requirements, it would be cheked in for subsequent storing in the hold.

redarrow
11-01-2012, 13:23
Thanks lads nicely clarified. So as I was saying we need to push on and close this gap. 1st is a lot easier playoff than 2 3 or 4. Come on CTD lets get it sorted.

Two bites of the cherry if you can get to first place.

Fred Perry
11-01-2012, 19:28
for those who do not know this is from the Binter web site regarding baggage:
Apart from the checked-in bagagge, the passenger is allowed to take one piece of hand baggage provided that it does not exceed 6kg of weight, and that the maximum size does not exceed 22 x 33 x 44 cm. In the case that the hand baggage does not fulfill any of these requirements, it would be cheked in for subsequent storing in the hold.

Also I need to add to that information ; No crates of Dorada, no bangers (okay Reg?), no flares, smoke bombs or fireworks.

henry
11-01-2012, 20:21
Also I need to add to that information ; No crates of Dorada, no bangers (okay Reg?), no flares, smoke bombs or fireworks.

aww!!man!!! all the fun stuff to take for the trip. what the point if we can´t take this to have fun?? well the other thing i can think of now is jackie being a cheerleader with tony!!!:eyebrows::lol:

bonitatime
12-01-2012, 11:31
aww!!man!!! all the fun stuff to take for the trip. what the point if we can´t take this to have fun?? well the other thing i can think of now is jackie being a cheerleader with tony!!!:eyebrows::lol:

Are you going Henry?

Dandy Don
12-01-2012, 20:08
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-segunda-b/vecindario-v-tenerife/winner

henry
12-01-2012, 20:12
Are you going Henry? it be nice to go but with no job i can´t afford it.

FinnKris
15-01-2012, 18:46
0-0 at Half Time, a couple of chances for Kiko Raton but fairly low key first half

Added after 7 minutes:

Nice to see Pablo Sicilia back after so long. He is playing in central defence next to Tarantino with Medina as right back instead of the ever-present Cristobal. The home team UD Vecindario could have scored around the 30-35 min mark, header from close range either just over or saved by Sergio, hard to tell from the patchy web stream.

We are struggling to create too many chances, no real flow to the game & except a few heading chances falling to Kiko Raton not much in terms of shots on goal from what I've seen (the stream a bit funky so missed a few moments here and there)

Added after 49 minutes:

GOOOOOOL de Tenerife!!!!!!!!! (mimicking the commentator), 1-0 to CDT in the 87th minute from a penalty by Perona after Kitoko was fouled in the box after a strong run.

Added after 8 minutes:

1-1 at Full time UD Vecindario vs CD Tenerife. Fudge me, home team equalising at the death from a corner, bloody hell, I was celebrating the much needed 3 points but instead heart break. Sergio making a mess of the corner & punching the ball into his own net... Costly mistake as top3 all won their games, dadgummit.

bonitatime
15-01-2012, 20:10
Sergio has saved us many times so I can't see him to blame. Everyone is human. If you don't shoot at goal then usually you can't win
The club is still looking for players so we will see who comes in the next 2 weeks

henry
15-01-2012, 23:10
Sergio has saved us many times so I can't see him to blame. Everyone is human. If you don't shoot at goal then usually you can't win
The club is still looking for players so we will see who comes in the next 2 weeks

hope they call me!!! the way i manger my austin ice bats surely i can play!!!

Fred Perry
16-01-2012, 00:45
Just back. Gutted. The game was hardly a classic and although we had more of the play it looked as if the game would end up a 0-0. Then we win a penalty, score, and you think you have knicked a win. With the last kick Vecindario equalise. Typical. Football is cruel. :(

The trip was organised well and we had a good day despite the last minute goal for the home side. rolleyes2:

Plenty of provocation from Las Palmas fans wearing yellow shirts(even though they ofcourse were not playing). This led to trouble before the game as the local police waded into Tenerife fans to keep them from the Las Palmas goaders. Apparently after the match as well with many detained and fined.

Tenerife radio reporters are complaining on facebook about being attacked by missles inside the ground by Las Palmas fans.

New player Raul Llorente is a top signing and seeing Pablo play again was great. Kiko Raton is useless, a really really poor player. Thnak god we have signed new center forward Aridane.

gazza
16-01-2012, 09:04
Draw yesterday cost us a place and now dropped to forth. A good organised trip, thanks to Chris and Viaje Halcon.
But only an average game of football, they really need to raise their game if they want support away from home, that will be my last for a good while
But i managed to blag my way onto the pitch and get a press vest ( opps i came home with it, how did that happen? )
Here are the tables :
http://www.soccerway.com/national/spain/segunda-b/2011-2012/group-1/

redarrow
16-01-2012, 11:40
Hardly a shot on goal. Can you really see us as a Liga Adelante side?

Fred Perry
16-01-2012, 12:28
It does not have a bearing on next seasons possible form in my opinion Red Arrow. IF we do go up many changes will have to be made, these players are 2nd B players all their life(with a few exceptions-Sergio, Pablo Sicilia,Perona). That is why though there have been critisisms that the club are after a "quick fix" to gain promotion and are not looking to the future. Ideally this season we would have a good base of young local talent mixed with some sound experienced players that could do a job in the 2nd division. IF we do go up, there will be at least 10 changes needed to the squad.

Gary; a heard that Vecindario have put an appeal on the radio looking for a "bright orange bib". They are skint and cannot afford a new one.:D I know what you mean about travelling away again. Just after the final whistle yesterday, that was it for me (I think we have all been there). "It´s going to be a long time before I follow the blanquiazules away again!" was my attitude. Too many dissapointments.
My next away day will not be until a possible play-off match but that was my plan anyway.

Carlos
16-01-2012, 15:13
One of the local dailies says today you guys should get a refund for the Vecidnario trip, paid for by those players who earn a fortune but give nowt back (e.g Flores). The article quotes the plight of Montañeros in the same division, where the players were asked to bring their own sandwiches to eat on the coach to their game yesterday and says some Tenerife misfirers should be sent for a fortnight to Montañeros to appreciate their own comfy situation here. Best of all, manager Calderón says it was the 'best away showing of the season' and he was 'proud of the players'. Am i missing something???

bonitatime
16-01-2012, 15:39
It does not have a bearing on next seasons possible form in my opinion Red Arrow.
My next away day will not be until a possible play-off match but that was my plan anyway.
A lot of the players have signed for a year with secure renewal if we go up. It may well cost us a bit to release them.
As for going away - in the good and bad times. We are certainly away with the team in March probably April and I would like to make Luanco too

One of the local dailies says today you guys should get a refund for the Vecidnario Calderón says it was the 'best away showing of the season' and he was 'proud of the players'. Am i missing something???

What did you want him to say!!!!!!!!!

redarrow
16-01-2012, 15:46
What did you want him to say!!!!!!!!!

I just wish he was as bold with the team tactics, as he is with his words.

YOUNG GOLFER
16-01-2012, 17:09
Well feel sorry for anyone going over to watch that match...it was bad enough watching it on the Telly......have to say that i don't have a good feeling about us going up this year.

Fred Perry
16-01-2012, 21:54
One of the local dailies says today you guys should get a refund for the Vecidnario trip, paid for by those players who earn a fortune but give nowt back (e.g Flores). The article quotes the plight of Montañeros in the same division, where the players were asked to bring their own sandwiches to eat on the coach to their game yesterday and says some Tenerife misfirers should be sent for a fortnight to Montañeros to appreciate their own comfy situation here. Best of all, manager Calderón says it was the 'best away showing of the season' and he was 'proud of the players'. Am i missing something???

Paid a fortune? Don´t think so. Not here. TOP wage is 100,000€ a year. The report is out of order. Obviously the team did not play their best ever game (Calderon should keep quiet sometimes though agreed) but we were 20 seconds from a victory. You can criticise alot of things about the Club but the players being mercaneries or not trying is totally wrong.

Everyone fan that travelled had a great day out. That is football, win some, lose some (draw some). It is half the thrill of going. It was a great value, well run trip.

Carlos
16-01-2012, 22:19
100,000 euros for a season? If that is not a fortune, bearing in mind the standard Tenerife play in (third tier of Spanish football, lest we forget) .... By way of comparison, the top player in the Canarias basketball side (who are top of their league at present), Jakim Donaldson, who is invariably MVP in what is reputed to be the world's 5th best league (LEB), earns barely that amount. A report this week said that the total lay-out on player signings by Vecindario this season was 60,000 euros!!! I reckon what the piece was saying was that the return on wages by certain Tenerife players is not good and with that there is little arguing. It was also mentioned that Vecindario have already lost at home to sides of the 'calibre' of Rayo B, Celta B and Getafe B (1-6!), ie all reserve sides, so Tenerife should have been expected to win comfortably.

Fred Perry
17-01-2012, 01:19
Footballers are paid far too much generally (especially in the English Premier League) it is a disgrace. But don´t go down the basketball road. That has nothing to do with how much footballers earn and basketball has nowhere near the following that football has. I said a few players earn near on 100,000€, most are on less. The fact that a player earns double the amount of his opponent does not mean that he can be expected to win as this is football, motivation was alot higher for the Vecindario players than a normal game.

Come on, Man. City only scrapped a narrow win over Wigan tonight and those players must be on 3 times the amount of thier opponents. That is some money, 100,000 pounds a WEEK, not year! Some on more...

A report said that the total lay-out on player signings by Vecindario this season was 60,000 euros!!!
That´s what makes football great, don´t you think? Anything can happen.

Carlos
17-01-2012, 16:08
At the risk of monopolising this debate, but promising to my last post!, here's food for thought. Mirandés are top of one of the other groups in Div. 2B, having lost just one game all season and conceded a mere eight goals. Tonight they play a Spanish Cup quarter final against 1st division Español, having already dispatched top-flight Villarreal and Santander in earlier rounds. Their leading scorer, Pablo infante, has had to ask the bank where he works for a couple of days off so he can play against Español! Request granted, needless to say. Puts the demands one might make of Tenerife's full-timers a little more into perspective. Report today the club has just offered a player who they want to sign from Elche 80,000 euros for the rest of this year plus 180,000 euros next season if the team wins promotion.

bonitatime
17-01-2012, 18:21
Pablo Infante is a very special case. He has a great job and has turned down offers from second A teams to continue playing and working where he is. There was a big article about him in one of the national papers recently.

And to be honest 180,000 is average for two A we had players on considerably more then that last year. In fact I think that is about what Josmar will be on next year.... Chris?

As for the wonders of Mirandés cup is always special you just need to look at United of Manchester last year.

No one who has seen our games can say these lads do not try, whether they can make it or not is another thing but they run all 90 minutes.

Can we look at the 60,000 for a minute. Lets say the squad is only 20 and I guess it is more. We need to calculate 10 months and 1/3 off for social security as that has to be paid and something for the training squad as I guess in 2B they don't work for nothing. If you belive these players are playing for 300 Euros a month (without any of the dedutions mentioned) then .......