PDA

View Full Version : Bars and Restaurants New Belgian Restaurant opening on San Blas, Golf del Sur

sebastiians
10-01-2012, 10:56
:wave:Sebastian's bar restaurant
Belgian kitchen and more
is coming soon
:yum::yum::yum:

kgbkaz
10-01-2012, 12:24
Good luck to them.Having worked on the Golf wouldnt have thought there was a call for this type of restaurant with not many Belguique tourists.There were a few French about last year though.Where abouts on San Blas?

sebastiians
10-01-2012, 14:30
Hello and thank you for the interest you have shown in my advertisement
I know that the Belgians are not well represented in San Blas, but the food I offer is very varied and mostly because everything is homemade ja'i had the opportunity to taste several restaurants in San Blas and I will be deferred
I offers a varied cuisine
I worked many dns restaurant in Belgium
Italian French etc.
uis I graduated high school with a kitchen and I will do everything to delight my guests
will certainly open mid March or early April
I hope to see you there

Added after 5 minutes:

You live in San Blas?

Added after 12 minutes:

in place of the ocean's edge

kgbkaz
11-01-2012, 14:08
I live a ten minute walk away on the front in Los Arigos and know the old Oceans Edge and the San Blas area.Best of luck,think you will need it,San Blas has been quieter for last couple of years.Will pop along though,keep us posted!

sebastiians
11-01-2012, 20:56
I will not fail to invite you to the opening
sorry for my English I do my best
I did not understand everything in your previous post
I know it's not as lively as las americas but most importantly for me is to pay my rent and to feed my family I do not come to Tenerife to get rich just a quiet life

kgbkaz
16-01-2012, 14:35
I will not fail to invite you to the opening
sorry for my English I do my best
I did not understand everything in your previous post
I know it's not as lively as las americas but most importantly for me is to pay my rent and to feed my family I do not come to Tenerife to get rich just a quiet lifeThe VERY best of luck to you and your family.

Suej
16-01-2012, 14:59
Hello and thank you for the interest you have shown in my advertisement
I know that the Belgians are not well represented in San Blas, but the food I offer is very varied and mostly because everything is homemade ja'i had the opportunity to taste several restaurants in San Blas and I will be deferred
I offers a varied cuisine
I worked many dns restaurant in Belgium
Italian French etc.
uis I graduated high school with a kitchen and I will do everything to delight my guests
will certainly open mid March or early April
I hope to see you there

Added after 5 minutes:

You live in San Blas?

Added after 12 minutes:

in place of the ocean's edge

Can you give us an idea of the sort of menu you will be offering please? My next door neighbour is Belgian and I know he would love to try it!:thanx:

beerfan
16-01-2012, 17:39
Belgian food? I'd imagine it would be quite simple fare then really as Belgian cuisine often is. Lots of potato dishes. Still, if they serve gueuze then it is all good. ;)

Suej
16-01-2012, 18:09
Belgian food? I'd imagine it would be quite simple fare then really as Belgian cuisine often is. Lots of potato dishes. Still, if they serve gueuze then it is all good. ;)

That´s beer innit?:wink2:

beerfan
16-01-2012, 18:10
That´s beer innit?:wink2:

That it is. You need some good beer to go with all those spuds and sausages. ;)

sebastiians
17-01-2012, 10:07
hello everybody
I work the menu
it will be good food at low cost
I will try to make a 3 course menu for 8 € and a dish of the day € 5
Here is my Example of menu:
Cold starters
tomato mozzarella
tomato shrimp
Parma ham melon
Beef carpaccio
Carpaccio of smoked salmon
Seafood Cocktail

Hot starters
Head of scampi casserole (cream, white wine, chives, shallots)
Scampi garlic cream or butter garlic or diablo (cream, tomato, peppers)
Frog legs in garlic butter
Cheese Croquette
Chicken Croquette
Warm goat cheese salad (goat cheese)

Our meat
Beef steak mushroom cream
Beef steak pepper cream
Beef steak béarnaise
Beef steak Dijon (mustard cream)
Pizzaiola beef steak (tomato garlic)
Skewer beef
Royal Grill (2 guests)
Escalope Milanese to
Escalope of the head (deglazed Puerto Serrano ham cheese)
Escalope lemon white wine
Escalope Valdostana (deglazed with white wine tomato ham and cheese)

Our fish and shellfish
Net floor leader
Grilled salmon steak
Monkfish with leeks
Half grilled lobster
Plateau of the sinner (fish, shellfish and lobster grilled, 2 seats)
Fried squid
Fried scampi
Skewer of scampi
All dishes are served with fried or batter

Our specialties
Bacon salad
Ball in Liège
Vol au vent
Mussels with white wine
mussels
Creamy garlic mussels
Mussels Provencal
Mussels in Beer

Our pasta
spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti with seafood
Tagliatelle carbonara
Tagliatelle with salmon
Penne with four cheeses
Penne in right (bacon, mushrooms, tomato cream, garlic)

Our desserts
Tiramisu
Chocolate Fudge
lady white(Ice Cream)
Lady Black (ice cream)
Brazilian (ice cream)
crepe Mikado
profiterole
sorbet

Added after 10 minutes:

beer for on-site I see that it is possible to order
one thing is for sure is that you will be my guest for opening night

Added after 1 11 minutes:

voici un exemple de menu
et pour la biere je verai ce qu'il est possible d'avoir a tenerife

Tom & Sharon
17-01-2012, 23:11
Hi Sebastian,

Your menu sounds lovely, but is it really possible (or necessary) to produce a 3 course menu for €8?

As has already been pointed out on this thread, San Blas is fairly quiet, and there are a multitude of restaurants offering cheap 3 course meals already. Your sentiment of simply wishing to feed your family is admirable, but if your food is good, do not under value it - or yourself!

It will be better in this area to be "a cut above the rest" and as long as the food is excellent, and you don't over price your food (which is not the same as cheap) people will come - us included.

Good luck.

Bon chance!

beerfan
17-01-2012, 23:18
As has already been pointed out on this thread, San Blas is fairly quiet, and there are a multitude of restaurants offering cheap 3 course meals already. Your sentiment of simply wishing to feed your family is admirable, but if your food is good, do not under value it - or yourself!

If it's a little bit poncy round there, go slightly poncy yourself. People will pay more for quality scran. I know I would. :)

cressrt
18-01-2012, 09:55
I agree. Looking at the menu its sounds lovely and very importantly different. I think €8 is far too low and you would have to serve a huge amount of people to make a profit. I for one would definitely like to come so keep us informed of when you are opening.

beerfan
18-01-2012, 10:01
For what it's worth, I had a meal out yesterday in the UK and they had a special on where a two-course meal was €14.35. It was excellent food too. I'd be more than happy to pay €12-€14 for a two course meal, and probably nearer €20 for a three course one if the food was spot on.

doreen
18-01-2012, 16:22
Just a comment - there is already a Restaurant Sebastian in Torviscas with a very high rating on Tripadvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g662606-d1992161-Reviews-Restaurante_Sebastian-Costa_Adeje_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html) :) I hope your choice of name does not lead to confusion ...

tracy hampshire
18-01-2012, 19:31
don't put your prices too low, i think you will struggle to make any profit, with your lovely menu at these prices, i think people will pay a fare price for a decent portion of good food, none of this 3 prawns sat on a little tower of salad sat in the middle of a plate the size of a satalite dish, remember if you charge too little you can't really increase your prices too much, and like so many others will have to resort to serving poor quality food to make ends meet, i really wish you the very best of luck with your new venture x

angeldrawers
18-01-2012, 20:24
Great menu except for the frogs legs which as far as im aware are cut off the poor frogs while they are still alive and the remainder of the frog is simply discarded. I think you will regret setting the 3 course menu at 8 euros.Keep your standards high and and the price reasonable and you should do well.

marbro8
18-01-2012, 23:09
the area you are trading in is a lot less populated than say los cris, las americas and adeji, so if you offer something special(build it and they will come) then you could do well, anyway good luck;)

beerfan
18-01-2012, 23:33
Great menu except for the frogs legs which as far as im aware are cut off the poor frogs while they are still alive and the remainder of the frog is simply discarded.

It tastes like chicken anyway. It's not even got the superiority of flavour that foie gras has going for it.

Simon-M
19-01-2012, 11:55
Just a comment - there is already a Restaurant Sebastian in Torviscas with a very high rating on Tripadvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g662606-d1992161-Reviews-Restaurante_Sebastian-Costa_Adeje_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html) :) I hope your choice of name does not lead to confusion ...

Been there and am friends with one of the owners. Would not be good to have their brand diluted.

Simon

primrose
19-01-2012, 17:02
Good Luck with your new business, good menu for meat eaters but not a lot of choice for Vegetarians, perhaps a few more vegetarian dishes would be nice. It would be nice to go out for a meal and have a few different dishes to choose from.:goodluck:

sebastiians
19-01-2012, 19:48
Thank you all for your advice
I thought people wanted quality at attractive prices
I assure you that my kitchen shook quality with quality products
and I'll keep you all informed of the opening and I will be waiting for this day
I thought and promised to vegetarian
I will work hard to get to every customer

Added after 3 minutes:

I think if you know a girl who knows how to work as a waitress who speaks perfect English and Spanish m'interresse it because my wife will do the service but does not yet speak English
and I want customers to be served and informed by someone who speaks their language