PDA

View Full Version : Other Help and advise with fund raising event needed!

will a
10-01-2012, 11:49
Help and advise with fund raising event needed!

I would like to try and raise a little money for K9 as they were so kind in taking in a little dog my wife found abandoned on Amarilla Golf and fell in love with (another fine mess she got me in to! ) and the only thing I feel I can do well is play the saxophone so my idea is to do a SAXOPHON, basically a marathon saxophone playing session for maybe 6 hours non stop without repeating a song unless requested, getting sponsors, dedicating songs and making a collection.

I want to play in Los Cristianos, maybe in front of the church where they have the occasional concert or down on the front in the open space just before the harbour (loads of people in both places ) so should be good for collecting.

OK NOW TO THE HELP I NEED

I need someone who speaks Spanish well enough to make a few phone calls to the town hall or police or whoever to get agreement from them to do this ( it’s the least they can do as they told us they don’t ‘do’ dogs anymore when we reported the stray dog ) and someone who speaks Spanish to help on the day explaining to passers by what I am doing and why, and maybe a couple of people with collecting buckets with pictures of cute dogs on them, you get the idea.

I know the Los Cristianos Cultural Centre has a pretty good band and I thought it would be nice if we made the gesture of asking if any of them would like to come along and duet with me ( I taught instrumental music in U.K. schools for many years so I can cope with children playing!) but I would need some help explaining this idea to them.

Someone to come into the very local restaurants to where I am hoping to play to see if we can twist their arms into helping in some way and I will at the very least need one of them to give me an electricity supply for my pa system.

I need somebody with the experience of dealing with the local English and Spanish papers to persuade them to do a bit of an article (free!). It is my intention to try and get a few local companies to sponsor me and then get the papers to include them in the article.

I know this may not be everyones choice of charity but if you will help me out on this one I would be very open to help with your choice at a later date. I did several last year when I was here including ‘Help the Heroes’ which I am doing again in Feb and another good event was for the little boy who had cancer.

JUST A QUICK BIT ABOUT ME

I was a military musician in the Scots Guards in London for several years playing in the Palace for the changing of the guard and all the normal ceremonial occasions. I regularly played on the BBC radio programme ’Friday Night is Music Night’ and several of the music clubs in London before moving into the role of conductor and teacher.

If you want to know a little more about me before you commit to help (like can he actually play the saxophone!) take a look at www.weddingsax.co.uk

These are my thoughts but if anyone has any other ideas we would be happy to hear from you!