PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy RAM upgrade for my Mac in Tenerife South?

orphias
10-01-2012, 14:54
Hi

Note sure how many Mac users in Tenerife but I'm looking for a Ram upgrade for my Mac. Crucial moduals have been recommended but note sure where i can get my hands on them. Typically the north but I'm hoping i won't have to go that far. I'm hoping someone can suggest a shop in the south.

Thanks.

BobMac
10-01-2012, 16:13
Best to order direct from Crucial

See here (http://www.crucial.com/eu/apple/)

They deliver within the EU

orphias
11-01-2012, 11:23
So theres no shop in Tenerife where i can get them ? apart from an online order ?

BobMac
11-01-2012, 16:47
So theres no shop in Tenerife where i can get them ? apart from an online order ?

Someone on another forum has recommended this company.

I've detailed his response to a similar question to yours below.

Banana Computer are the official MAC resellers on the Island, they were in La Laguna but now have an Apple Resellers Outlet In Santa Cruz in the main shopping Area.

Very helpful guys, they have the diagnostic kit etc...

What Mac are you trying to upgrade ?

you need specialiost tools to open an iMac without possibly doing damage, you can open a Mac Books but be warned since i tried based on the info in the users guide, it is not as simple as this implies, I ended up getting Banana to refit together and test cost me 40 Euros...

http://www.bananacomputer.com/Banana..._Computer.html

orphias
12-01-2012, 15:50
Excellent thanks for the link.

Best
Orphias.

Simon-M
12-01-2012, 15:57
You could try Worten in Las Chafiras. They sell Macs and have a technical workshop.

bonitatime
13-01-2012, 15:43
Next to Worten is a small computer shop where you can buy the bits to build a computer so that is another possibility

orphias
16-01-2012, 19:39
Thanks, will check it out.

carstev
29-01-2012, 04:07
Upgrading the ram on a mac is childs play, more like meccano than it. Just buy off a reputable website and do it your self.

Steve